Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Hockey tonight

Posted by DeltaOne81 
Hockey tonight
Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: October 15, 2004 07:50PM

Dustin Brown just scored a goal to put the Manchester Monarchs up 2-0 over the Worcester IceCats, not even 4 minutes in.

And I'll turn on UNH @ Mich when it comes on too... I love satellite ;-)

Re: Hockey tonight
Posted by: ithacat (---.lightlink.com)
Date: October 16, 2004 08:38AM

Brown was credited with an assist on the second goal, according to the AHL website. It was his only point of the night.

Imagine if he was begining his sophmore year at Cornell...

Date: October 16, 2004 02:21PM

[Q]ithacat Wrote:
Imagine if he was begining his sophmore year at Cornell...[/q]
Yeah, imagine all that production he could give us after he was suspended for academic reasons. Sorry man, there's a reason he didn't come here. He wouldn't be much help sitting in the locker room studying.

Posted by: mjh89 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: October 16, 2004 03:37PM

What? He won 3 straight scholastic player of the year awards in the OHL, and yes I know the OHL isn't made up of scholars. He obviously wouldn't be in the Engineering school, but I'm sure he could get by with the tutors and such that all the hockey players receive. He's far from dumb.

Date: October 16, 2004 04:27PM

According to people who knew him in Ithaca High, he was far from the sharpest tool in the box and never would have made it at Cornell.

I have no first hand knowledge, but people who knew him in person said that. Perhaps its a reflection on the OHL's scholastic player of the year award ;). Or perhaps the people who knew him didn't like him and are biased. Guess we'll never know.

Posted by: calgARI '07 (---.danicacomputing.com)
Date: October 16, 2004 05:16PM

If Dustin Brown wanted to play at Cornell, he would be playing at Cornell.

Posted by: mjh89 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: October 16, 2004 09:37PM

I went to High school with him and played on his team for about 7 years. He's a lot smarter than some other Cornellians I know.

Posted by: oat (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: October 17, 2004 03:18AM

what?! you get those hockey games on satellite tv? what service do you use? i have directv and i don't even get those games. my friends have dish network and i don't think they get those games either..??

Posted by: Pete Godenschwager (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: October 17, 2004 08:28AM

[Q]what?! you get those hockey games on satellite tv? what service do you use? i have directv and i don't even get those games. my friends have dish network and i don't think they get those games either..??[/Q]

UNH@MICH was on CSTV which I believe is part of the premium Direct TV lineup.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.no.no.cox.net)
Date: October 17, 2004 08:51AM

[Q]Pete Godenschwager Wrote:

what?! you get those hockey games on satellite tv? what service do you use? i have directv and i don't even get those games. my friends have dish network and i don't think they get those games either..??[/Q]
UNH@MICH was on CSTV which I believe is part of the premium Direct TV lineup. [/q]

It's part of the Sports Pack, which is $12/month, less if you already have one of the movie channels.

Same goes for NESN, which showed the BU-UVM game last night, and MSG, which had the Philadelphia Phantoms against the Hartford Wolf*Pack.

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: ithacat (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: October 17, 2004 12:11PM

The key terms were "imagine" and "sophmore." If Dustin had wanted to go to Cornell, I imagine he would have made the effort and, I also imagine, the coaching staff would have found a spot for him. Also, if he was beginning his sophmore year, it would have been fair to assume that he made it through his freshman year. It's all moot; he seems to be doing exactly what he wants to do.

Date: October 17, 2004 12:37PM

[Q]jtwcornell91 Wrote:

Pete Godenschwager Wrote:
UNH@MICH was on CSTV which I believe is part of the premium Direct TV lineup. [/Q]
It's part of the Sports Pack, which is $12/month, less if you already have one of the movie channels.

Same goes for NESN, which showed the BU-UVM game last night, and MSG, which had the Philadelphia Phantoms against the Hartford Wolf*Pack.[/q]
Yup, Sports Pack on DirecTV, which is my saviour during the college season! Not so useful during the summer with MLB, cause its all blacked out.

But minor league and college hockey abound!

P.S. Dish Network will get you all the regional channels, but won't get you the alternate National sports stations like CSTV, Golf, Fox Sports World, etc (among which I really only care about CSTV).

Posted by: CowbellGuy (Moderator)
Date: October 17, 2004 01:40PM

That's not exactly true. You can get Golf and FSW, but not CSTV or YES with DishTV. In short, DishTV gets you UPN and WB out-of-market, but not YES and CSTV. That's about the only difference other than slight variation in pricing.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.no.no.cox.net)
Date: October 17, 2004 01:43PM

[Q]CowbellGuy Wrote:

That's not exactly true. You can get Golf and FSW, but not CSTV or YES with DishTV. In short, DishTV gets you UPN and WB out-of-market, but not YES and CSTV. That's about the only difference other than slight variation in pricing.[/q]

Doesn't dish Network also provide more international programming options? I had some friends in Texas who had dish so they could watch TV5 from France.

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: CowbellGuy (Moderator)
Date: October 17, 2004 01:55PM

Yes, that's true, but I figured for most people that was irrelevant.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login