Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Lynah Rink Panorama Print

Posted by CowbellGuy 
Lynah Rink Panorama Print
Posted by: CowbellGuy (Moderator)
Date: October 13, 2004 04:14PM

If you haven't been to the new ELynah site yet, a new panorama print of Lynah Rink has been announced.

Click here for more information

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2004 04:14PM by CowbellGuy.

Re: Lynah Rink Panorama Print
Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: October 13, 2004 04:26PM

I wish I could buy one myself, but it's a little too rich for my blood. Of course, if anyone wants to get me an early Christmas present...;-)

Date: October 13, 2004 04:31PM

It ended up being a bit pricier than I had originally planned. I had hoped to get 2 images per print and cut it in half, but it ended up being too tall for that, so that effectively doubled my production costs. 30 inches wide is pretty impressive though.

Date: October 14, 2004 05:19AM

Oh, don't get me wrong, it is impressive. It's just that I can't afford $110 to pay for it. :`(

Date: October 25, 2004 04:04PM

A brief update:

The prints are actually on a semi-gloss stock and they look quite nice. Kodak definitely changed the paper since the last time I used them and this is much better. I'm going to make one more slight color adjustment and I'll print the first batch. They will definitely be available for the Harvard weekend if anyone wants to see them in person and preorders should start shipping next week.

Now shipping
Date: November 08, 2004 04:26PM

They are now being shipped. New donations can expect delivery in 1-2 weeks. They make great holiday gifts!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2004 01:21PM by CowbellGuy.

Re: Now shipping
Date: November 08, 2004 05:44PM

[Q]CowbellGuy Wrote:

They are now being shipped. New donations can expect delivery in 1-2 weeks. They make great holiday gifts![/q]

They make great holiday gifts for me! :-P

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2004 01:22PM by CowbellGuy.

Posted by: A-19 (---.ne.client2.attbi.com)
Date: November 08, 2004 09:45PM

i got a copy from age this weekend. i concur, it is a very good remembrance of a game i had attended, and it's a great picture. i can even see my head if i look closely. in any case, even for those not at the game, it's a good piece of cornell art to put up on your walls, given that i searched ALL over for cornell posters or panoramics and they just don't exist.

-mike

Posted by: JordanCS (---.kaiserslautern.army.mil)
Date: November 09, 2004 07:59AM

Beautiful photo, Age, but I have to second the too pricey comment. At $45 or so, maximum, I'd get one, especially since they are not coming framed. Framing alone for that print (for a decent frame) is going to cost at least $100, and if you get a really nice frame, that's around $250 total, print included. Too rich for my blood.

Date: November 09, 2004 08:26AM

I can understand that, but they cost around $30 each to make. 10% is going to the CHA. I spent about 50 hours joining the images. The price is what the price is.

Posted by: billhoward (---.union01.nj.comcast.net)
Date: November 09, 2004 09:34AM

[Q]JordanCS Wrote: Beautiful photo, Age, but I have to second the too pricey comment. [/q]
Check out the cost of having a poster print made from a photo you already have rights to (and that has already been retouched and color corrected). And make sure it's on good quality paper using good ink. Some inks on cheaper prints are going to fade in a couple years even in indirect sunlight. You can spend $25 to $100 for the print alone.

One suggestion: Nice matte, cheap frame if you want to save a few buciks. Some simple black composite or metal frames are striking.

Buying good photos is like paying to have your house set up for for home theater. The price to the homeowner seems awful high, but if you check at the other end, nobody's getting rich.

Some customers' jaws drop when my wife asks $100 for an 8.5 x 11 original collagraph or etching. It's a buck or two for the acid-free paper and the same for the ink. Except it took her 10 years to develop the skills, the print takes half an hour, minimum, to set up, and it's done on a $6,000 press. You have to amortize those startup costs. Same here. I don't suspect the photographer here is using a $399 Kodak EasyShare camera.

Posted by: JordanCS (---.kaiserslautern.army.mil)
Date: November 09, 2004 09:42AM

I don't blame Age for charging that much, just that it is too expensive for me. I'm sure the quality is outstanding, and picture is obviously fantastic. Perhaps someday there will be a 'second edition,' and I'll be able to afford it (since I'm sure these 100 will be sold out soon).

Date: November 09, 2004 09:50AM

Heh. I don't think they'll be sold out any time soon. Besides, a limited edition is just that. Making more after the fact cheats the original buyers who went in expecting a certain number made. I'd consider doing another one, but based on response thus far, I don't think I'll be going through that again. That 50 hour estimate was not an exaggeration.

Posted by: puff (132.236.144.---)
Date: November 09, 2004 11:10AM

I just want to say that i went over and checked it out. Print is excellent and worth the cash.

Great job Age.

LIMITED TIME LOWER PRICE
Date: January 12, 2005 09:25AM

For a limited time, you can get the print for $90 with free shipping.

Re: LIMITED TIME LOWER PRICE
Posted by: Facetimer (---.toddweld.com)
Date: January 12, 2005 11:09AM

[Q]CowbellGuy Wrote:

For a limited time, you can get the print for $90 with free shipping.[/q]

I'll test the market and wait for the price to go even lower.

Re: LIMITED TIME LOWER PRICE
Date: January 12, 2005 11:42AM

Then have fun waiting. It's going back up after this, not down.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login