Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

So, now that the line is over...

Posted by Will 
So, now that the line is over...
Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: October 03, 2004 12:42AM

...where is everybody (students, that is) sitting this year? My group got seats in D rows 8-11 and E rows 6-7 (we had to split up due to varying line numbers).

Re: So, now that the line is over...
Posted by: calgARI '07 (---)
Date: October 03, 2004 01:21AM

With line #99, I got:

Section B Row 11 Seat 5

Posted by: nnn (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: October 03, 2004 02:35AM

In many cases, when a group has varying line numbers, it is because someone in that group cheated and got back in line to pick up more than one line numbers. Whoever did that, I hope bad things happen to them.

Posted by: Jacob '06 (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: October 03, 2004 02:40AM

I've got a whole group in A6,7,8. I'm gonna replace A-19 (I think) in yelling into the opponents lockeroom between warmups and the game. It should be fun.

Posted by: Icemandsc (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: October 03, 2004 11:20AM

Section B Row 8 Seats 18 and 19

Posted by: A-19 (---.ne.client2.attbi.com)
Date: October 03, 2004 01:34PM

jacob,

i am glad to hear that you chose to sit in the best section in lynah-- A. i am also happy to hear that you intend to continue our tradition of demeaning players, healthy scratches and coaches during the breaks; it's an under-utilized form of fan abuse. however, while i commend you on your efforts, i would like to comment that i cannot be replaced, as you so tactfully put it. i hope to make it to at least 2 games this year (i have tix for harvard in sec O- what can do you? and i am looking to get tix for brown), and perhaps i could stop by and join you in your efforts.

-mike '04

Posted by: Ben Rocky '04 (---.blumtn01.pa.comcast.net)
Date: October 03, 2004 02:35PM

I should be returning to Ithaca that weekend, Mike. Should I look for you in a Harvard or Cornell jersey?:-P

Date: October 03, 2004 03:35PM

ben,

1) i worked too hard to obtain my game-worn Bâby jersey, and subsequently wear it to every game for 4 years, to not wear it now
2) i would never buy/accept/wear a harvard jersey
3) i have season tickets to harvard hockey (for the purposes of ridiculing opponents, watching college hockey in general, and tactical purposes for getting guaranteed tix to the lynah east game); i fully intend to wear my cornell jersey to harvard's home games as well

...just so you know where my heart lies

it just so happens they'll sell me 6 tix in section O, so that's fine by me. have you found a way to get tix to the brown game in ithaca yet, ben?

-mike

Posted by: Jacob '06 (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: October 03, 2004 04:04PM

I actually think we'll have 1 or 2 extra seats in A for brown, b/c some of the girls with us are on club soccer and are going away. I'll see what I can do for you. Then maybe you could help me come up with some witty jokes.

Date: October 03, 2004 04:30PM

jacob,

i e-mailed you about those brown tix; i'd definitely be interested.

-mike

Date: October 03, 2004 06:18PM

Mike, I know you will always be a member of the Faithful. Although, a Cornell alumn doing grad school Harvard is going to have to endure teasing from the rest of us.

Good for you for getting season tickets at Lynah East. Believe me, a top concern for where I go after Nov. 2 is that I need to be able to get to college hockey games.

My friends and sister who are still undergrads at Cornell got me season tickets for this year. I' will be there for Harvard/Brown, Canisius, Yale/Princeton and maybe more, depending on my ability to find employment. I'll be sitting with Will ('The one who got revenge....') in Sec. E row 6/7 or in D row 8/9/10/11.

Hope grad school is treeting you well. Shall we meet after the Havard game to celebrate Kerry's and Cornell's victory with a beer?

-Ben 04

Posted by: the big guy in the chair (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: October 03, 2004 09:22PM

what's the deal with the grad students getting the best available (for students) seats in the arena?? did they always do that? i think its bullshit personally

Date: October 03, 2004 10:25PM

chair guy,

as far as i understand, there were no grad tix sold in A, which by definition is the best in the arena. thus, grad students could not have gotten the best tix in the arena. however, i assume you are talking about what everyone else thinks is the best (B); from what i understand from the post by athletics, grad students were offered some random seats in B, D, and sections where you can't stand-- that hardly constitutes the best. and, if you recall last year more than ever, i was sad to see all my undergrad peers with what you would call "seats to die for" (first 4 rows of B, directly in the center of the section) would not show up to many games, and would certainly not be there til 5 mins into the period. if some grad student is going to be loud and obnoxious and show up on time, i'd rather have that than some random facetiming undergrad. your argument also assumes that grad students weren't undergrads at cornell, which is disproven in part by the fact that cornell takes a disproportionate amount of its graduate students from its undergrad pool; i bet these are the ones who go out for tickets.

ben,

which pennsy campaign are you working for? i'm trying to get a DC job this summer, and i am essentially screwed if kerry loses.

-mike

Posted by: Ack (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: October 03, 2004 11:35PM

It'll be hard to replace Mike, you're going to have to break down near Hamilton, while the rest of us all barely avoid both accidents in the snow and getting lost on the way to a 3-stop light town.

Date: October 04, 2004 12:01AM

mike,

i am never ever ever driving to colgate again. where are your seats this year? i'll stop by and say hi during the harvard weekend

-mike

Posted by: nnn (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: October 04, 2004 12:25AM

Mike, why aren't you ever driving to colgate again?

Date: October 04, 2004 12:37AM

nnn: see [elf.elynah.com] for the post-colgate "worst trip ever" discussion

and mike, it won't just be me out of sec A this year: the beloved short guy with the hornby jersey and the hat with horns (his name is jamie) who has been drunkedly terrorizing the opposition for 6 years will also not be returning (except for perhaps a cameo), as well as the guy who ranted and raved while wearing a jason hockey mask and a fire helmet (travis "the mask";) is an 04 grad as well. i guess that makes us crothedy 22 yr old alums who can criticize you guys for your poor performance!

-mike

Posted by: Ack (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: October 04, 2004 02:21AM

Mike,

"Hey so-and-so, I hope you familiarize yourself with the following phrase: 'would you like fries with that?'" won't be the same coming from anyone else - we'll see if anyone can yell that without fainting....

The Faithful will miss all of those who have left us (kicking and screaming?), but we've already started to tell the stories to the newcomers about everything we've seen and heard together with the great fans in B and A...especially the Worst Trip Ever, "give me an area code __ __ __...!" which led to the certain overflow of messages on the sieve's voicemail, the 5 minutes straight of chanting "bend over," the greatness that was the overtime victory in Albany against Sucks, and the depression that ended last year - may it never happen again. I should get my Santa suit again, pull some clutch wins out of the bag instead of so much candy.

We heard this year that the top line numbers were stalking Nighman ("Hurricane Gene";) and other Athletics staff and conveniently lined up first (I can't hope for first, stalking's beyond me). We could only grab all our stuff and hold out in the BioTech building's library and refresh webmail and the website every 30 seconds until we saw "go" and sprinted across the soccer fields to the parking lot...only a minute past and were nearly 200th in line. This year I made it back to line number 191 again. Not complaining about 191 at all, but it was amazing how many people got there so quickly and people within our own group were running their hearts out - we managed to have 6 numbers scattered from 191 to 244. Tough to get the same seats as last year with 12 seats to claim together, but we were close: we've got 4 seats in each of rows 3, 4, and 5 in Section A, and I'll probably be row 3 seat 15. I don't know what I'll do with my sign since I can't rest it on the glass this year...maybe I'll ask whoever's in the first row.

Although it couldn't possibly be of last year's caliber, I'm looking forward to hearing a great Section A. Mike, feel free to send me any suggestions for the games you won't be able to make. And if you do happen to make time for a trip, don't hold your breath for Swarthout when there will be a Faithful caravan anyway.

Here's to hoping for success and humiliated opponents:
Let's Go Red!

- Mike Ack, '06

Date: October 04, 2004 06:49PM

I am working for America Coming Together in Harrisburg. Glad to be on the front lines. God, I hope we win.

Posted by: BCrespi (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: October 04, 2004 09:34PM

Back in Section A this year after a one year bainshment to the pits of Section G and the even more pitiful "faithful" there. Looking forward to a great year returning to the row directly in front of the band. Also looking forward to being deaf before I graduate, but that's for another post.

Date: October 04, 2004 10:49PM

[Q]BCrespi Wrote:

Back in Section A this year after a one year bainshment to the pits of Section G and the even more pitiful "faithful" there. Looking forward to a great year returning to the row directly in front of the band. Also looking forward to being deaf before I graduate, but that's for another post.[/q]

Hey, I resent that. I did my best to keep section G loud, alive, and interesting last year, without resorting to repetitive phone number chants. Overall, we weren't the best section in the world, but some of us tried hard to keep it going.

Posted by: Jordan 04 (---.nyc.rr.com)
Date: October 04, 2004 11:18PM

[Q]BCrespi Wrote:

Back in Section A this year after a one year bainshment to the pits of Section G and the even more pitiful "faithful" there. Looking forward to a great year returning to the row directly in front of the band. Also looking forward to being deaf before I graduate, but that's for another post.[/q]

Good riddance.

Enjoy being back with the "real" faithful.

Posted by: BCrespi (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: October 05, 2004 06:24PM

Oh come on now guys. I still had a great time, and tried my damndest to keep a loud section. However when standing amongst but a few people halfway through the first period, it got a little trying. No offense to all those who worked at improving the section; of course there were some great fans there, I'm just expressing my disappointment as a whole. Oh, and standing on the border of the "no standing seats" was just the worst.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2004 06:25PM by BCrespi.

Date: October 05, 2004 06:29PM

[Q]BCrespi Wrote:

Oh, and standing on the border of the "no standing seats" was just the worst.[/q]

I had you beat--I was stuck in the sitting part of G.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login