Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

An Idea for Schafer

Posted by Facetimer 
An Idea for Schafer
Posted by: Facetimer (---.timeinc.com)
Date: June 25, 2004 09:44AM

Michael Schafer is a tyranical idiot. If he had his way he would turn Lynah into a golf course. Polite clapping would be all that's allowed. Of course he'll still make you sit in line for 2-3 days in lovely conditions, for the honor to pay to be constantly harassed for speech (by gastapo ushers), while he still curses at every ref he can. The big hypocrite. If this world were truly an equitable place I would like to see him camped out on the Ag quad for 2 nites with his futon and sweatpants for the priviledge of retaining his job EACH YEAR. He wants the most "die hard" fans in Lynah, well as Cornell students and alums (who are indirectly contributing to his salary) I think we have the right to have the most "die hard" coach in Lynah. I challenge Schafer to camp out to prove his dedicaiton and loyalty. Hell, at least pay some one to do it for you as CowbellGuy does. Lets show a little toughness Michael, if not I know Greg Berge would like your job.

Re: An Idea for Schafer
Posted by: ars46 (---.toddweld.com)
Date: June 25, 2004 12:51PM

You're a tyranical idiot.

Posted by: Robb (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: June 25, 2004 01:25PM

Man, I'm glad Facetimer didn't live back in the 1700's - would've really made the founding fathers question the wisdom of that "free speech" thing! If there's every been anyone who's deserved to be pilloried for their speech, it's gotta be Facetimer. twak

Posted by: jeh25 (---.epsy.uconn.edu)
Date: June 25, 2004 01:45PM

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.no.no.cox.net)
Date: June 26, 2004 12:13AM

Shouldn't this thread be part of the "New Features etc" discussion, since it's clearly a request for an "ignore poster" feature?

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: Facetimer (---.ne.client2.attbi.com)
Date: November 09, 2004 08:50PM

[Q]Facetimer Wrote:

Michael Schafer is a tyranical idiot. If he had his way he would turn Lynah into a golf course. Polite clapping would be all that's allowed. Of course he'll still make you sit in line for 2-3 days in lovely conditions, for the honor to pay to be constantly harassed for speech (by gastapo ushers), while he still curses at every ref he can. The big hypocrite. If this world were truly an equitable place I would like to see him camped out on the Ag quad for 2 nites with his futon and sweatpants for the priviledge of retaining his job EACH YEAR. He wants the most "die hard" fans in Lynah, well as Cornell students and alums (who are indirectly contributing to his salary) I think we have the right to have the most "die hard" coach in Lynah. I challenge Schafer to camp out to prove his dedicaiton and loyalty. Hell, at least pay some one to do it for you as CowbellGuy does. Lets show a little toughness Michael, if not I know Greg Berge would like your job. [/q]

Calgari aleges that Shafer frequents the eLynah forum. You guys are so full of your selves it makes me sick, see: barf (Age, can we get a masterbating smiley face for the eLynah faithful?)

Nevertheless, assuming Shafer does read the forum, he should be reaquainted with the above post.

Posted by: peterg (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: November 09, 2004 09:00PM

Facetimer - When did you leave the law firm? Your address has changed.

Posted by: billhoward (---.union01.nj.comcast.net)
Date: November 09, 2004 09:03PM

Good to hear a familiar voice from the wilderness. These posts enliven a dull night in the same manner as raccoons knocking over garbage cans.

Date: November 09, 2004 10:35PM

[Q]peterg Wrote:

Facetimer - When did you leave the law firm?[/q]

Once the floors were all dry?

Posted by: facetimer fan (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: November 09, 2004 11:24PM

#1 fan

Posted by: Ben Rocky '04 (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: November 10, 2004 01:24AM

When all the frequent posters are being stodgy about changes in old school cheers and I have already received my season warning regarding 'inappropriate' cheers and behavior from the thought police, I find myself missing Facetimer. Glad to know s/he is still around.

Posted by: Facetimer (---.toddweld.com)
Date: November 10, 2004 09:41AM

[Q]billhoward Wrote:

peterg Wrote:

Facetimer - When did you leave the law firm?[/Q]
Once the floors were all dry? [/q]

Good one blowhard! When was the last time you were in a law firm that didn't have carpets, you stupid facetimer.

Date: November 10, 2004 11:18AM

Seriously, Factimer represents a breath -- make that gust -- of fresh air. Holmes needed Watson, Tina needed Ike (for a while), Carson needed McMahon, eLynah needs Facetimer. I ought dig out Holmes' appreciative line.

Good to see a person not bound by normal conventions. Spelling and punctuation are so over-rated.

Posted by: Sprinter (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: November 10, 2004 01:40PM

I have an even better idea. Let's start a petition, demanding Schafer's resignation. I'm sure we can find another coach that'll keep opposing shot totals to half of our's and consistently recruit the best classes in the country. And even if, by some crazy misfortune, we don't get that, at least we'll get to say dirty words. I mean, a simple "sieve" or "______ sucks" chant can only help the team so much. To really get in the opposition's heads, it's going to take some real language; we need to be able to say those special words that make parents not want to bring their kids to games. E-mail me at Fourletterword@cornell.edu if you're interested in the petition.

Posted by: that loud guy with the hair (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: November 10, 2004 09:53PM

[Q]Facetimer Wrote:

Facetimer Wrote:

Michael Schafer is a tyranical idiot. If he had his way he would turn Lynah into a golf course. Polite clapping would be all that's allowed. Of course he'll still make you sit in line for 2-3 days in lovely conditions, for the honor to pay to be constantly harassed for speech (by gastapo ushers), while he still curses at every ref he can. The big hypocrite. If this world were truly an equitable place I would like to see him camped out on the Ag quad for 2 nites with his futon and sweatpants for the priviledge of retaining his job EACH YEAR. He wants the most "die hard" fans in Lynah, well as Cornell students and alums (who are indirectly contributing to his salary) I think we have the right to have the most "die hard" coach in Lynah. I challenge Schafer to camp out to prove his dedicaiton and loyalty. Hell, at least pay some one to do it for you as CowbellGuy does. Lets show a little toughness Michael, if not I know Greg Berge would like your job. [/Q]
Calgari aleges that Shafer frequents the eLynah forum. You guys are so full of your selves it makes me sick, see: (Age, can we get a masterbating smiley face for the eLynah faithful?)

Nevertheless, assuming Shafer does read the forum, he should be reaquainted with the above post.[/q]

You're claiming that other people here are full of themselves? You're the one who thinks that anyone gives a rat's ass about your crappy post from June. News flash dude, Lynah is not a social club, it's a hockey rink. So if you're going to complain about Schafer, at least have something hockey-related in your complaint. If you think that PR skills and not being a hypocrite in your book trump consistent success on the ice as factors for his being the coach, then I think your views may be a bit misguided. (cue the dripping sarcasm...)
I mean it's sooooo tough to go through the process of getting our season tickets, to get to the game in time for the start, to sneak our fish into the Hahvahd game, to experience and enjoy the special brand of hockey that we see in Lynah...I mean why the hell do we even do it? Since Coach Schafer has it so easy devoting himself all year to building a successful team, he should maybe come to the hockey line and kiss the feet of every kid in line just to show that he cares and to show his "dedication". (end sarcasm)

The reality of your suggestion is that the fans here are many, but succssful hockey coaches are few. If you think that having the student fans get everything they want is more important than winning games... well I think that reasoning can only be understood by a... (your posting name really does say it all).

- Ryan

Posted by: Pace (---)
Date: November 10, 2004 10:18PM

I really don't understand why everyone's getting so riled up about this guy's post. There are only two explanations for his post. He's either desperately seeking attention and will post anything to get a rise out of us. In this case, he's quite pathetic really. We should smile, nod and give him a Prozak-laced lollipop. Or he's just an idiot. Which is nice and all, but hardly our problem. We should just all go back to discussing something that matters, like hockey, and hope that this guy suffers a premature and violent death sometime soon.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2004 10:21PM by Pace.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.no.no.cox.net)
Date: November 12, 2004 12:04AM

[Q]Facetimer Wrote:

constantly harassed for speech (by gastapo ushers)[/q]

Gazpacho ushers? Just a tip, Arnie: it's supposed to be cold.

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login