Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Townie Season Tickets

Posted by mjr45 
Townie Season Tickets
Posted by: mjr45 (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: June 21, 2004 03:20PM

I just got put on the waiting list for townie season tickets. It's five years long! I was expecting a couple, but not five years. Maybe the expansion will help with this? Anyway, my friends and I were wondering how hard it is to get three of four tickets to any given game if we want to get back together in Ithaca for a game or so a year. We understand it's not going to be Harvard, but is it possible for other teams, say Union, etc...?

Re: Townie Season Tickets
Posted by: Greg (---.cust-rtr.swbell.net)
Date: June 21, 2004 03:52PM

During break it's very easy. During the stretch run it gets tough but it isn't impossible.

Posted by: billhoward (---.ziffdavis.com)
Date: June 21, 2004 08:46PM

Four of us drove up from NJ for the Princeton-Yale weekend. A couple people on eLynah helped us and there were people at the gate selling extras. If you don't mind standing, I think you'll be able to get in to any game. Not sure I'd try it for Harvard, but not sure it wouldn't work, either. Somebody I talked to from Binghamton or Scranton said he'd been coming up for years and always got in.

Posted by: ithacat (---.lightlink.com)
Date: June 22, 2004 08:51AM

mjr, did they tell you how many are on the list? I haven't checked my place yet this year, but last year there were less than 200 on the list (which tells you how slowly tickets turn over).

Greg's right about break, very easy to get tickets then. I've also had luck using this site's ticket exchange board.

Let's Go Red...

Posted by: Robb (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: June 22, 2004 10:01AM

Using time to measure the length of a list is quite misleading - a much better metric is your number in line... According to the conversation my father (who's on the list ahead of you! :) ) had with the ticket manager, ZERO season tickets changed hands during the summer of '03 (following the Frozen Four appearance). Anyone really think it will be an infinite number of years until the next person on the list gets a ticket? So yeah, if you're #200 on the list and about 40 tickets are exchanged per year (on average), then that's a "5 year list," but it would really only take one or two down years to clear out the entire queue.

If there's really an expansion, and the list is only 200 people long, then those already on the list would probably be covered - provided that Cornell Athletics, Inc. doesn't reserve those seats for fat-cat bigwigs...

Posted by: Chris 02 (---.larc.nasa.gov)
Date: June 22, 2004 10:27AM

[Q]Robb Wrote:

...fat-cat bigwigs...[/q]

What like Garfield?

Posted by: Facetimer (---.toddweld.com)
Date: June 22, 2004 12:32PM

If you are really haveing trouble you can do what Age does and take seats away from the students.

Posted by: ugarte (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: June 22, 2004 01:33PM

[Q]Facetimer Wrote:

If you are really haveing trouble you can do what Age does and take seats away from the students.[/q]Since you are still a student, Facetimer, maybe you can take a spelling class.

Posted by: ben03 (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: June 22, 2004 01:44PM

[Q]ugarte Wrote:

Facetimer Wrote:

If you are really haveing trouble you can do what Age does and take seats away from the students.[/Q]
Since you are still a student, Facetimer, maybe you can take a spelling class.[/q]
can we only hope he/she/it never graduates ...

Posted by: CowbellGuy (Moderator)
Date: June 22, 2004 06:21PM

You want him to STAY AROUND? screwy

Posted by: ben03 (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: June 22, 2004 07:38PM

no ... but i rather he/she/it not have a degree like mine :-P

Posted by: Facetimer (---.timeinc.com)
Date: June 23, 2004 09:13AM

I don't understand why you guys always get so concerned with typos. They happen, it doens't make anyone dumber than anyone. (Except for the fact that ben03 is clearly the dumbest poster out there.) People who correct grammar on this site were obviously the same kids being picked on as kids for smelling bad or looking strange. (Once again I'm referring mainly to ben03, with billhoward in the back of my mind.) I really think some of you live for the instance you find a "teh" instead of a the in a post. I can see you sitting in front of your screen chuckling "look at this moron." I really am impressed. You guys are cool (although not as cool as CowbellGuy). And finally, if my earning a degree makes ben03 feel less satisfied with his own then the 120,000 has been worth it.

Posted by: ugarte (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: June 23, 2004 05:36PM

[Q]Facetimer Wrote:

I really think some of you live for the instance you find a "teh" instead of a the in a post. [/q]No, I live for a doens't. And from where I'm sitting "haveing" does not qualify as a typo. You are a one-joke pony and the joke is tiresome.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2004 05:37PM by ugarte.

Posted by: bigredfirebush (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: June 23, 2004 08:47PM

you are all tools. do any of you work?

Posted by: Facetimer (---.timeinc.com)
Date: June 24, 2004 08:37AM

Um, Age..............I think someone needs to go blah...........blah......... He insulted ugarte. How can we stand for that? I mean that's the artist formerly known as the big red apple. And what kind of name is bigredfirebush anyway? The mere thought is beyond disturbing and not nearly as clever as CowbellGuy

Posted by: upperdeck (128.253.80.---)
Date: July 02, 2004 01:43PM

there is one thing to remember about the waiting list.. its a very fluid thing.. if you know someone you will move up the list very fast.. if you dont check in often you might find your name has fallen off the list.. the list has been misplaced a few times over ther last 5-10 years..

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login