Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

[Lax] Navy-Cornell at Noon Sunday

Posted by jkahn 
[Lax] Navy-Cornell at Noon Sunday
Posted by: jkahn (216.146.73.---)
Date: May 17, 2004 12:50PM

We will play the first game at noon. The 2nd game, Syracuse-Georgetown is at 3.

Re: [Lax] Navy-Cornell at Noon Sunday
Posted by: Tom Pasniewski 98 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: May 17, 2004 02:05PM

Many major market cable television stations will be showing this game and others live including Empire, Fox Sports-New York, Comcast SportsNet-Philadelphia and ComcastSports-Net Baltimore. For a complete list of cable networks covering this weekend's games, see:

[forums.laxpower.com]

Date: May 17, 2004 02:22PM

I also think there's been a lack of excitement on here regarding lacrosse and other topics lately. Oh sure we're all very excited but I'm not just talking about excited, I'm talking pump up the volume till the fruit in your kitchen start dancing. So.............

SUNDAY banana SUNDAY banana SUNDAY banana LET'S GO RED ALL THE WAY TO B banana A banana L banana T banana I banana M banana O banana R banana E banana

Sorry, but it had just been too long since somebody put the dancing banana in a post.

Posted by: Mark (---.z064002065.nyc-ny.dsl.cnc.net)
Date: May 17, 2004 05:14PM

Date: May 20, 2004 08:08AM

I was reading through the preview of the game on the Big Red Site:

[cornellbigred.collegesports.com]

Does anybody else find the lack of mention of George Boiardi's name to be odd and does anybody else find the heading 'Harvard Heartstopper' towards the bottom to be an inappropriate choice of words to describe the game given this year's tragedy.

Posted by: scoop85 (---.hvc.rr.com)
Date: May 20, 2004 07:28PM

Not to mention, in the profile of Andrew Collins on the main news page there is a reference to him "bleeding Cornell Red" that struck me as odd given the context of this season.

Posted by: Greenberg '97 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: May 20, 2004 08:27PM

Never mind all those references... any way we can work this into our Schoellkopf repertoir:

[www.cnn.com]

Naval Academy deep-sixes 'men' from song

Posted by: billhoward (---.ziffdavis.com)
Date: May 20, 2004 09:19PM

[Q]Tom Pasniewski 98 Wrote:

Does anybody else find the lack of mention of George Boiardi's name to be odd and does anybody else find the heading 'Harvard Heartstopper' towards the bottom to be an inappropriate choice of words to describe the game given this year's tragedy.[/q]

Sheesh - are we going to seek out every reference that could allude to someone's death and say tsk, tsk? "Heartstopper" is unfortunate and probably shouldn't have been used. But you're setting up Cornell's sports information office to have to make one more pass of every press release through the thought police to make sure what it writes doesn't offend women, minorities, Native Americans, war veterans. What comes out will be as sanitized as the literary passages in the SAT essay questions. Also: On the one hand it's unfortunate not to mention him; on the other, if he were mentioned, perhaps others would ask, isn't it about time to stop trading on his name? I think this is one where the team will say a private or group prayer for George and move on to the task of doing its best against Navy.

Posted by: ugarte (---.ny5030.east.verizon.net)
Date: May 20, 2004 11:41PM

[Q]billhoward Wrote:

Does anybody else find the lack of mention of George Boiardi's name to be odd and does anybody else find the heading 'Harvard Heartstopper' towards the bottom to be an inappropriate choice of words to describe the game given this year's tragedy.[/Q]
First, I don't find it odd that Boiardi's name wasn't mentioned. It is a game preview, not a season retrospective.

As for the press release, I was all set to say that the press release has probably had the same caption since the Harvard game ... but I checked the schedule first and realized that we played Harvard after Binghamton. Yeah, that probably wasn't the best expression.

But Scoop, I hope that you are joking. I don't think that saying a player bleeds his school colors even remotely touches the same nerve.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.no.no.cox.net)
Date: May 21, 2004 08:02AM

Hmm, I wonder what Utah would do with "A Utah Man". Of course no one knows the words of that because they suck. ("Our coeds are the fairest and each one's a shining star/Our yell, you hear it ringing through the mountains near and far";)

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: billhoward (---.ziffdavis.com)
Date: May 21, 2004 10:54AM

[Q]Greenberg '97 Wrote:

Never mind all those references... any way we can work this into our Schoellkopf repertoir:

[www.cnn.com]

Naval Academy deep-sixes 'men' from song[/q]

Too bad nothing in "Navy Blue & Gold" rhymes or matches the syllables of "Tailhook" or "Las Vegas Hilton." That's Navy heritage, too.

This is way further off topic, but for everybody who wanted ROTC off campus in the 1960s and 1970s, it would have meant the officer corps had less diversity. I think there's a real value to having officers from Cornell and Penn and MIT, not just from Annapolis and West Point.

Posted by: jeh25 (---.epsy.uconn.edu)
Date: May 21, 2004 04:22PM

[Q]jtwcornell91 Wrote:

Hmm, I wonder what Utah would do with "A Utah Man". Of course no one knows the words of that because they suck. ("Our coeds are the fairest and each one's a shining star/Our yell, you hear it ringing through the mountains near and far";)[/q]

My five wives are the fairest of all....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2004 04:22PM by jeh25.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login