Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

[Announcement] Voices of the Faithful

Posted by Chris Parkin '03 
[Announcement] Voices of the Faithful
Posted by: Chris Parkin '03 (---.phil.east.verizon.net)
Date: May 05, 2004 08:56PM

The pep band CD recorded in February 2002 is done at long last. After delays due to studio shut downs, copyrights, art work formatting, and finally a shipment of CDs sent in November containing the wrong CD, I can say with certainty that CDs are complete and in Ithaca. If you pre-ordered, they will be shipping out tomorrow morning.

I expect that further details on how to get a copy of the CD will be forthcoming from Grant MacIntyre '05, the current pep band manager.

I sincerely apologize for all the false alarms about release dates. Each time I was under the impression that the end was near. Each time something out of the band's control crept up and delayed the project.

I now leave it in Grant's capable hands to arrange distribution and sales of the CDs.

If you have any feedback, whether it be positive or negative, I encourage you to leave it here or if you feel more comfortable you may email me personally. Constructive feedback will help to make future pep band CDs better.

Thank you all for your continued support,
Chris Parkin '03
2002 Pep Band Manager

Re: [Announcement] Voices of the Faithful
Posted by: Tub(a) (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: May 05, 2004 09:23PM

To get your copy you have several options:

If you want to be even more patient, you can wait until they appear at the Campus Store. The timetable for this is not yet set, I will post here when they are available at the store.

If you are on campus, feel free to grab a copy from me. To do this, email me at bigredpepband@yahoo.com with the subject "Ithaca CD Pickup". Please include your campus address and phone number in this email. I will compile a list of all people that order and personally deliver it to your door (or arrange a convenient meeting time on campus). To purchase the CD, you will need a check for 15 dollars made out to the Cornell University Big Red Pep Band.

If you are off campus, please send an email to bigredpepband@yahoo.com with the subject "CD Delivery" and I will send you further information.

We will also be at any home playoff lacrosse games, and we will we have CDs with us there. If you prefer this method, just show up and bring a check for 15 dollars.

Important Note: If you previously emailed your information to the address above, it has been deleted by Yahoo. Please send your information again!

Please check this thread frequently for any updates.

I echo Chris' thanks for your tremendous patience during this ordeal. I look forward to shipping out your CD!

Grant '05
2004 Pep Band Manager
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2008 02:33PM by Tub(a).

Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: May 05, 2004 10:31PM

I think I speak for all of us when I say...WOOHOO! :-D

Posted by: billhoward (---.union01.nj.comcast.net)
Date: May 06, 2004 08:17AM

Let's hope none of the screener copies have made their way to Bangkok or Singapore. <g>

Posted by: Chris 02 (---.larc.nasa.gov)
Date: May 06, 2004 11:34AM

Chris Parkin '03 wrote:
[q]If you pre-ordered, they will be shipping out tomorrow morning.[/q]
Tub(a) wrote:
[q]If you previously emailed your information to the address above, it has been deleted by Yahoo. Please send your information again[/q]

There seems to be some conflicting information between what Parkin said as to what Tuba said. When we pre-ordered, we sent our information to that Yahoo address. Does this mean pre-orders are still coming or the address information is needed again?

Posted by: Chris Parkin '03 (---.cust.uslec.net)
Date: May 06, 2004 12:57PM

If you pre-ordered, you don't need to do anything. They are in today's outgoing mail.

I think what Grant is saying is that if you wrote to the yahoo email address to be sent informational updates on CD progress, your contact information has been lost.

Date: May 06, 2004 02:30PM

[Q]Chris Parkin '03 Wrote:

If you pre-ordered, you don't need to do anything. They are in today's outgoing mail.

I think what Grant is saying is that if you wrote to the yahoo email address to be sent informational updates on CD progress, your contact information has been lost. [/q]

Chris is correct. Sorry for the confusion!

Posted by: Tub(a) (---.pac.mannlib.cornell.edu)
Date: May 07, 2004 09:43AM

One more quick note:

Cash is an acceptable payment if you are purchasing on campus, but we cannot accept credit card payments.

-Grant

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: May 08, 2004 05:22PM

Preordered and out tomorrow and received yesterday. Wow, and it's great too. Unfortunately;-) , it brings back too many memories and makes waiting for the fall very hard. I had just about gotten over the end of the season, and now this. How could they do it to me? Don't they realize that it will now take another couple of months to get back to realism?

Seriously, it's a great CD for anyone who misses the feel of Lynah. I heartily recommend it to all, but remember it will be hard to get back down to earth.:-P

Posted by: Becca (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: May 10, 2004 02:15AM

Can Chris or Grant (or anyone who already has the CD) remind me which songs were recorded that weekend? Or more relevantly I guess, which ones actually made it on? I'm getting nostalgic in my extreme old age, this'll be a good way to take Lynah away with me...thanks!

Posted by: JordanCS (---.dialin.de.kpnqwest.net)
Date: May 10, 2004 03:21AM

What if I can't remember if I preordered or not? (Yes, it's been that long...)

Posted by: Chris 02 (---.larc.nasa.gov)
Date: May 10, 2004 10:22AM

[Q]JordanCS Wrote:

[/q]

I definitely pre-ordered one and its not here yet. I am pretty far from Ithaca, so the mail is probably just taking its time. Wait a few days and see if one shows up.

Posted by: Lisa (141.254.40.---)
Date: May 10, 2004 12:09PM

We ordered 1 and it arrived the day after they said it was shipped. We live in Ithaca.

Date: May 10, 2004 02:52PM

[Q]Chris 02 Wrote:

JordanCS Wrote:

[/Q]
I definitely pre-ordered one and its not here yet. I am pretty far from Ithaca, so the mail is probably just taking its time. Wait a few days and see if one shows up.
[/q]

The CDs were shipped via Media Mail, so the farther you are from Ithaca, the longer it will likely take.

-Grant

Posted by: JordanCS (---.dialin.de.kpnqwest.net)
Date: May 10, 2004 03:03PM

Well, I'm in Kuwait right now, and they were likely shipped to my address in Germany (APO), I'd assume (maybe), but i honestly can't remember if I preordered. I guess if it doesn't show up there in a month or so, I guess I'll order again.

Jordan

Date: May 12, 2004 12:53PM

CDs will be available at the lacrosse game this Saturday. All you need is a check for 15 dollars or cash in the same amount.

For those of you that have already emailed about Ithaca pickup/delivery, I will be sending out an email shortly.

Thanks once again for all your patience and support!

Grant MacIntyre
2004 Pep Band Manager

Date: May 12, 2004 08:25PM

One more quick announcement:

The CDs were sent to the campus store earlier today, so they should be available there very soon.

Posted by: billhoward (---.ziffdavis.com)
Date: May 13, 2004 01:35PM

For us heathens, what's on the CD? I assume a rendition of Davy, the Alma Mater, and maybe something that ends in "... screw BU, Harvard, too."

Date: May 13, 2004 02:23PM

[Q]billhoward Wrote:

For us heathens, what's on the CD? I assume a rendition of Davy, the Alma Mater, and maybe something that ends in "... screw BU, Harvard, too." [/q]Essentially everything that is played, sung, yelled, or broadcast at a game. The band, the crowd, the radio broadcast, you name it, the flavor of a Lynah game is included.

It's a must for any CU hockey fan. As I wrote before, the only problem is wanting the season to start tonight.:-P

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: May 13, 2004 02:40PM

Someone could post the track list here, assuming the band wouldn't mind.

Date: May 13, 2004 05:11PM

[Q]KeithK Wrote:

Someone could post the track list here, assuming the band wouldn't mind.[/q]But there are 72 tracks plus a little extra at the end. Trust me it's got everything that you'ld want from a game. It goes right from the first tune, through all periods and intermissions. Included are many cheers and radio clips.

In short, you shouldn't be spending time asking here, rather go get it. You'll be glad you did.

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: May 13, 2004 06:38PM

I figured it would be many, many tracks since I have the first one. Which is actually why I'm rushing out to buy the new one though I'm interested.

Posted by: CU at Stanford (---.Stanford.EDU)
Date: May 14, 2004 03:15AM

I got my Lynah CD II yesterday. Listened to it at work today. Wow, was it worth the wait! Thank you for including the radio calls on Paolini's hat trick. Awesome...This CD, more than the first, really transported me back to a Harvard-Cornell game (Lynah, or at Lynah East).

Don't wait...Go buy one!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login