Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

'04 - '05 Schedule

Posted by Big Red Colonel 
Page:  1 2Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
'04 - '05 Schedule
Posted by: Big Red Colonel (128.253.79.---)
Date: March 30, 2004 12:30PM

Anyone know if next year's schedule has been established yet? If I recall correctly, we should be playing two games at BU (in the old rink) and the Everblades will be stacked (Maine, St. Cloud and Boston College) - so our out of conference schedule should be very strong.

Can't wait 'till next year.

Re: '04 - '05 Schedule
Posted by: Chris 02 (---.larc.nasa.gov)
Date: March 30, 2004 12:32PM

See [elf.elynah.com]

Date: March 30, 2004 12:34PM

cool, but I think I was asking if the OOC? were filled in yet ...

Posted by: CUAround (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: April 02, 2004 03:02AM

I heard two games at Mich State next year, to be reciprocated by Mich State travelling for two games at Lynah.

Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: April 02, 2004 07:56AM

[Q]CUAround Wrote:

I heard two games at Mich State next year, to be reciprocated by Mich State travelling for two games at Lynah. [/Q]

If that's true, that's an excellent move. Michigan State is a great program with a lot of history and has made ten of the last eleven NCAA tournaments. It should be a great series, both years.

Posted by: ninian '72 (165.224.215.---)
Date: April 02, 2004 10:27AM

[Q]Big Red Colonel Wrote:

Anyone know if next year's schedule has been established yet? If I recall correctly, we should be playing two games at BU (in the old rink) and the Everblades will be stacked (Maine, St. Cloud and Boston College) - so our out of conference schedule should be very strong.

Can't wait 'till next year.

[/Q]

04-05 OOC schedules are starting to be posted on the following thread at USCHO:

[board.uscho.com]

I've plowed through this looking for Cornell games on other teams' schedules without luck, although there is some speculation that BU may substitute a series with Colorado College for the Cornell set. (Based on recent history, I suppose this makes sense for them. If they're going to get beaten, it probably hurts their PWR less if this is at the hands of a WCHA team.) Anyhow, following this thread may be the quickest way to get this information, even if it is a little labor-intensive.

Date: April 02, 2004 10:33AM

[Q]Will Wrote:

If that's true, that's an excellent move. Michigan State is a great program with a lot of history and has made ten of the last eleven NCAA tournaments. It should be a great series, both years. [/Q]

Heads up to the bandies: Start learning "The Victors" now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2004 10:41AM by ninian '72.

Posted by: ugarte (65.217.153.---)
Date: April 02, 2004 11:12AM

[Q]ninian '72 Wrote:Heads up to the bandies: Start learning "The Victors" now.
[/Q]Didn't they already learn it for the Buckeyes?

Posted by: Pete Godenschwager (---.253.86.124-dhcp.chem.cornell.edu)
Date: April 02, 2004 12:02PM

[Q]Didn't they already learn it for the Buckeyes?[/Q]

Yes, it was also the same day OSU lost to Michigan in football, a double spit in the face. Too bad they got the last laugh that night...

Posted by: Greenberg '97 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: April 04, 2004 11:15AM

[Q]ninian '72 Wrote:

Will Wrote:

If that's true, that's an excellent move. Michigan State is a great program with a lot of history and has made ten of the last eleven NCAA tournaments. It should be a great series, both years. [/Q]
Heads up to the bandies: Start learning "The Victors" now.

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 04/02/04 10:41AM by ninian '72.[/q]

After how many times we heard it last April, I'm about as excited to hear that song again as I am to see the NCAA commercials.

Posted by: chris '06 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: April 05, 2004 03:52PM

according to the tenative schedule, looks like army and sacred heart to open up the regular season

Posted by: calgARI '07 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: April 05, 2004 04:37PM

[Q]chris '06 Wrote:

according to the tenative schedule, looks like army and sacred heart to open up the regular season[/q]

Goody. That will help Cornell's SOS.

Posted by: Chris ;03 (---.cust.uslec.net)
Date: April 05, 2004 05:07PM

It just makes the Everblades that much more important to next year's at large chances.

Posted by: Avash (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: April 05, 2004 05:37PM

Not exactly what I was hoping for, but oh well.

Is this "tentative schedule" posted anywhere? And are those games home or away?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2004 05:38PM by Avash '05.

Posted by: calgARI '07 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: April 05, 2004 05:44PM

It is certainly a good opportunity to improve Cornell's play against the MAAC/Atlantic Hockey conference. I think 1-1-2 is their all time record (win over Quinnipiac, loss to Sacred Heart, Ties with Quinnipiac and Mercyhurst) but I might be forgetting a game or two.

Posted by: billhoward (---.ziffdavis.com)
Date: April 05, 2004 05:54PM

[Q]chris '06 Wrote:

according to the tenative schedule, looks like army and sacred heart to open up the regular season[/q]

I trust Sacred Heart is a home game not away. Otherwise we'd have to leave for the game now and start asking directions. Not to be an old school snob, but Yale has been around long enough to know where it's located; SH's first generation of trees are only now fully grown.

You have to really *dig* around their sports site to find out where the school is located if you come in or Google in via the SH sports home page. In one place it says the Bishop of Bridgeport founded SH (okay, but it's not in Bridgeport, but that at least tips you off to Connecticut) ... another place says it's a suburban campus (well, yeah, that's all Connecticut, plus Hartford and Bridgeport) ... another place tells you about its satellite campuses but not the location of the main campus. So after getting sidetracked to the SH Butt Print Sports Shorts page (it's the school nickname printed on the back, not, ah, something the cheerleaders did to raise money) it's in Fairfield. (OK, if you go to sacredheart.edu directly it's at the bottom.)

Not to rag on SH, because there are a lot of blemished Web sites out there. Like the ECAC, the NCAA (try its hockey or lacrosse archives). And they all use way-too-small fonts. Microsoft promises that will be fixed (users can scale up fonts w/o messing up dialog boxes) with its Longhorn release of 2006. Actually, they've stopped saying 2006, which is never a good indicator.

BH

And once again I find myself wasting time here when I should just do useful work and wait six months for the season to start.

Posted by: Willy '06 (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: April 05, 2004 08:27PM

Don't hate on Fairfield. That's where I'm from.

Posted by: Tom Pasniewski 98 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: April 06, 2004 12:19AM

Yep, can't miss the blue sign on 95 in Fairfield with all of Sacred Heart's sports teams, um, accomplishments. Connecticut likes to do that. Quinnipiac in Hamden on 91 and well, I guess they'll have to amend UConn's on 84 after tonight or wait till tomorrow night to see how the women do.

Connecticut: The state that ________ fans have to drive through after losing to the __________. So as not to be biased, I'll leave it at insert Red Sox or Yankees into either blank.

Re: '04 - '05 Schedule (way OT)
Date: April 06, 2004 06:59AM

[Q]Tom Pasniewski 98 Wrote:

Yep, can't miss the blue sign on 95 in Fairfield with all of Sacred Heart's sports teams, um, accomplishments. Connecticut likes to do that. Quinnipiac in Hamden on 91 and well, I guess they'll have to amend UConn's on 84 after tonight or wait till tomorrow night to see how the women do. Connecticut: The state that ________ fans have to drive through after losing to the __________. So as not to be biased, I'll leave it at insert Red Sox or Yankees into either blank.[/q]

Better to spend the money on that than "Highway workers -- Give 'em a break" or "Drive with caution." And more likely than, "Hartford -- Home of the first civic center with a sunroof."

Better still to keep a bunch of signs around reading, "I-95 bridge out - again." Sheesh. Although NJ should talk -- we had a bridge over I-78 near Newark Airport burn down in the 1990s. Typical Jersey - a garbage dump under the bridge caught fire. Most of NJ's highway sign money is going toward creating Highway Safety Zone areas where speedings are doubled. It would be cheaper to post where the fines aren't doubled.

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: April 06, 2004 07:55AM

[q]Connecticut: The state that ________ fans have to drive through after losing to the __________.[/q]

It could also be the state some Cornell fans have to drive through after losing to UHN (in Worcester).

Not that I'm bitter or anything nut

JH

Posted by: CowbellGuy (Moderator)
Date: April 06, 2004 08:39AM

[Q]billhoward Wrote:
And they all use way-too-small fonts. Microsoft promises that will be fixed (users can scale up fonts w/o messing up dialog boxes) with its Longhorn release of 2006.[/q]
Ah, but there's technology for this right now. Use a lower resolution! =P

Posted by: chris '06 (---.eas.cornell.edu)
Date: April 06, 2004 12:34PM

i saw the schedule when i was meeting with gene nighman for some information on the line
those games appeared to be the first regular season home games, preceded by the red/white and exhibition
those games are followed by brown/harvard and then away at mich st and dartmouth/vermont
that's all i can remember, although he said they were looking for possibly one more OOC

Posted by: Chris '03 (---.cust.uslec.net)
Date: April 06, 2004 12:54PM

[q]those games are followed by brown/harvard and then away at mich st and dartmouth/vermont
that's all i can remember, although he said they were looking for possibly one more OOC[/q]

2 vs. MAAC, 2 in FL, and 2 @ MSU, plus 22 league games would leave one more spot.

Date: April 06, 2004 01:46PM

I'd be real disappointed if we are going to play Army and Sacred Heart and not play a Hockey East team or another pair with a CCHA team. It wouldn't be such a big deal if we played the same number of games that schools outside of the Ivy League play (though I happen to believe nobody should begin playing until November 1st), but given our limited schedule and the current doormat status of the ECAC I'm not so sure this is a good idea. There's no guarantee we'd win these games either - if we as fans are not thrilled about it, why would we expect the team to be thrilled about it? No matter how well the team prepares I simply can't see them playing with the same energy level against Sacred Heart as they would against UNH.

Now, if we were in some sort of preseason tournament with these teams included among some others I would not be upset at all; but that will never happen.

I'll stop whining now.

On a brighter note, is anyone else planning on playing hookey on Thursday so they can watch the WCHA championship game?

Cheers,
Mike

Date: April 06, 2004 02:25PM

We'll get some good ones in Florida. With BC, St. Cloud, and Maine in Florida, those games will likely make or break our SOS.

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: April 06, 2004 03:26PM

How we do in Florida technically has no effect on our SoS or how RPI or PWR measure it. It will affect our final ranking though :-D

Date: April 06, 2004 04:21PM

[Q]KeithK Wrote:

How we do in Florida technically has no effect on our SoS or how RPI or PWR measure it. It will affect our final ranking though [/q]

Or is it that Florida (Everblades) tournament games count on RPI because they're real games ... with the exception of that if the game ends in a tie after one OT aqnd the winner is determined by a shootout, it goes down in the books as a tie for both teams in RPI rankings. Which means Cornell was fortunate to have won in OT not in the shootout this past year.

Date: April 06, 2004 05:38PM

laugh That's funny - the second WCHA championship game featuring all different teams. Do you mean in person or on tv? If you mean in person, then no. If you mean on tv, then no :-P But I'll be at the evening game and hopefully the championship game if some nice fan from the evening losing team sells me their ticket for cheap.

Posted by: Big Red Colonel (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: April 06, 2004 11:17PM

Have fun at the games. I'll be playing hookey to watch at home. It was cool being in Albany for the regionals two weeks ago - I heard about a dozen or so Cornell fans shout "Red!" during the anthem. I'd love to hear your thoughts on Cornell fan presence as well as the overall atmosphere when you get back.

Cheers,
Mike

Re: '04 - '05 Schedule-sacredheart
Posted by: Rita-Ann Monde (---.resnet.purdue.edu)
Date: April 07, 2004 12:42AM

well, it will be an adventureous road trip.. just be careful going over the bridges on I-95.

Posted by: dss28 (---.client.comcast.net)
Date: April 07, 2004 01:26AM

For those who would normally take 95: might I suggest taking 91-691-84 or cutting over to rt. 15 (Merritt Pkwy).... =/

Date: April 07, 2004 01:33AM

I guess they'll have to amend UConn's on 84 after tonight or wait till tomorrow night to see how the women do. [/q]
:D

UCONN: 2 teams, 2 national champions. History was made tonight. :D

strength of schedule
Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.ne.client2.attbi.com)
Date: April 07, 2004 07:51AM

Don't underestimate the impact of RPI overrating teams that rack up good records against weak schedules. Holy Cross helped Maine's SOS more (per game) than any opponent besides BC and Minnesota:
[slack.net]

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: April 07, 2004 08:02AM

Don't take the Merritt! When there's an accident on 95, the Merritt is a parking lot. I can only imagine what it's like now.

JH

Date: April 07, 2004 10:27AM

Actually I was on 95 south two days after the bridge 'burned' - traveling between Boston and the Philly area - with all the warning signs they had up to avoid the area, I figured no one would be on 95 and I was right and sailed through the detour in Bridgeport in about 10 minutes. The rest area in Fairfield had 12 bored McDonald's workers hanging around just hoping to serve somebody. By the next night, northbound was already reopened. Yeah, it was a quick trip to Philly. I'll take Route 15 aka the Merritt in portions, over battling oil tankers for lane positioning any day on 95. Though I know it's a mess during rush hours.

Yep, congrats to UConn - basketball is all they have in Storrs. Maybe the men will get the northbound rest area dedicated after them and the women the southbound rest area. Personally Route 320 between I-84 (exit 71) and Storrs is a favorite of mine - once you get past the mega truck stop - it's all hills, curves, fog, deer - best driven in the middle of the night if you know the road - take your foot off the brake and see how airborne you can get on those hills.

So Middlebury wins the DIII men's and women's hockey titles. UConn wins men's and women's DI basketball titles, Minnesota has the DI women's title - who would have thought it would be the Minnesota men's hockey team that would not complete the triple double. Though I guess Minnesota-Duluth is in the same state.

Posted by: CUlater 89 (64.244.223.---)
Date: April 07, 2004 11:11AM

I'm not sure if this was posted elsewhere, but the Everblades tourney games will be December 28 and 29

Date: April 07, 2004 11:16AM

Yep, congrats to UConn - basketball is all they have in Storrs. [/q]

My brother currently attends UCONN... his away message two nights ago was: "There are 2004 miles between Storrs and San Antonio. Coincidence? I think not." laugh

On the way back from New Haven last night, rather than the electronic signs giving out traffic information, they all congratulated UCONN :)

UConn Bad Pun Time...
Posted by: Killer (---.c3-0.nat-ubr6.sbo-nat.ma.cable.rcn.co)
Date: April 07, 2004 12:33PM

OK, somebody had to say it:

The Oka-Force was with them

(Did I just sleep through the crowd views and miss it, or was no one from UConn geeky and creative enough to make that sign? BTW, please don't tell my daughter that I was.):-P

Date: April 07, 2004 02:13PM

From my [limited] experience with UCONN games, I've learned 3 "cheers" that they do:

1. U-C-O-N-N (making the letters with their arms, reminiscent of the YMCA dance), UCONN! UCONN! UCONN!!

2. When the other team commits a foul, point to the opposing player: You! You! You! You! Awwwwww YOU!

3. When a Husky is attempting a foul shot, arms up in the air... if it goes in, arms down accompanied by "WHOOSH!"

...based on that, I wouldn't be surprised if no one made the sign. *shrug*

Posted by: CUlater 89 (64.244.223.---)
Date: April 07, 2004 03:28PM

Regardless of what one thinks about their fans' creativity, the teams certainly don't lack for fan support.

Date: April 07, 2004 04:05PM

Oh, definitely! :)

Tickets to games at the Civic Center are hard to come by... not to mention ones for games at Gampel. At least any given bar will be showing Husky games :)

Date: April 07, 2004 07:14PM

[Q]dss28 Wrote:

Oh, definitely!

Tickets to games at the Civic Center are hard to come by... not to mention ones for games at Gampel. At least any given bar will be showing Husky games [/q]

I never actually attended any of their games, but in my 20+ years in CT I became a fan. It was great when the local channels carried their games. I miss it now that I'm in MA. UConn basketball is only on when it's a nationally-televised game or if they're playing someone like BC. Damn, Boston may consider themselves a great sports town, but I'm here stuck with no UConn and watching the likes of the friggin' Sox instead of the Yankees. And tonight: GO HABS!

Date: April 07, 2004 08:16PM

Well it's real easy to root for the two winningest franchises in sports history. ;-)

Your home town pride really shows through :-P

I wish I didn't care about Boston sports teams but I do - so much heartache.

Connecticut is what separates me and the rest of my family. Sometimes the state's too big and sometimes the state's too small if you know what I mean. Kind of sad when the tallest building the state of Conn. is attached to a casino - UConn play any basketball at Mohegan Sun this year?

Tomorrow's BC-Maine tickets are going for six times what Denver-Duluth tickets are going for. E-A-G-L-E-S. EAGLES! EAGLES! EAGLES! - led by the guy in the Superman outfit. Whatever - as long as they put some past Jimmy boy

Date: April 08, 2004 12:54AM

Well it's real easy to root for the two winningest franchises in sports history.

Your home town pride really shows through

I wish I didn't care about Boston sports teams but I do - so much heartache.

[/q]

Them's fightin' words, pardner. My hometown pride is exactly why I root for the Yankees. Grew up in NY and have been a fan since I was 4. I'd sooner die than root for the Sox. I hope my great great grandchildren are long dead before a WS crown ever comes to Boston.

As for the Canadiens, blame Ken Dryden. I never followed pro hockey until I went to Cornell. I missed Ken by a couple years, but all the news we ever got about the pros was about Ken in Montreal. So the Habs became the adopted hometown team. I'd say being loyal for 30+ years, even through the bad times, isn't a bad record. Besides, I never could stomach the Rangers or the Slimelanders (that "dynasty" that endured by the grace of one funny bounce of the puck).

May the Babes, Buckies, Buckners, and Boonies torment you forever.

Posted by: ugarte (65.217.153.---)
Date: April 08, 2004 11:26AM

[Q]CUlater 89 Wrote:

Regardless of what one thinks about their fans' creativity, the teams certainly don't lack for fan support.[/q]And what they lack in creativity, they more than make up for in the ever-elusive constant VOLUME. I've never been to Storrs, but I've been to MSG a few times to see the Huskies play St. John's. SJU rarely sells out the Garden when they aren't a top 20 team (Alumni Hall is almost always full), but Connecticut fans pack the house.

It isn't like Lynah East at the Garden, but it is pretty damn close.

Date: April 15, 2004 09:19AM

[Q]Big Red Colonel Wrote:

cool, but I think I was asking if the OOC? were filled in yet ...[/q]

More chatter at uscho:

[board.uscho.com]

Again mentions Red traveling to East Lansing for two, instead of a BU matchup. Also, discusses Cornell participating in Niagara tournament with Niagara, Princeton, Yale. Games split between Rochester and Buffalo.

Posted by: ben03 (198.16.0.---)
Date: April 15, 2004 09:47AM

I don't see us leaving florida anytime soon ... but that could just be me:-)

Date: April 15, 2004 10:17AM

[Q]
Again mentions Red traveling to East Lansing for two, instead of a BU matchup. Also, discusses Cornell participating in Niagara tournament with Niagara, Princeton, Yale. Games split between Rochester and Buffalo.
[/q]

A Niagara tournament the last week of November would not conflict with an Everblades tournament the last week of December. But if the Niagara tournament is Niagara, Princeton, Yale, and Cornell, it's not going to help Cornell's power ranking. Two opponents are in our conference, the third is a hockey powerhouse in waiting (and waiting? And is this in some way exempt from the Ivy limit of total games to be played?

It will not be expensive; certainly the team bus can make it up and back on one tank of fuel. Is there any publicity in Ontario that a Niagara tournament generates that would help recruiting?

Posted by: ben03 (198.16.0.---)
Date: April 15, 2004 10:24AM

guess that's what i get for not looking into what is when ... nut

Date: April 15, 2004 11:38AM

A tournament with Yale and Princeton? Ewwwwwwwwww. That would be horrible. I don't mind playing a game or maybe two against CHA or AHA teams. But games against the ECAC are to be avoided at all costs. I'd say that even if the league had the RPI of the WCHA.

Date: April 15, 2004 01:51PM

Princeton may have to go to the local high school to recruit players with some defections to other schools and well, taking the Princeton coaching job is akin to, I don't know what, but suffice it to say, Princeton will be last in the preseason polls because for UVM, it just doesn't matter. Adam has some commentary on the Princeton situation in his column this week. With conversations with people this past weekend it doesn't look like Moore from Colgate is going to take the Princeton job - not that I know if he's even being considered. Any rumors over on the USCHO boards? Anybody over there even care about Princeton?

Posted by: KenP (---.abrfc.noaa.gov)
Date: April 15, 2004 02:24PM

Any rumors over on the USCHO boards? Anybody over there even care about Princeton?[/q]

Maybe we can start our own rumor. I heard Princeton is dropping Division I hockey, and the ECAC will be 10 teams in the 05-06 season.

Can anyone tell me when Cornell will release their official schedule?

Date: April 15, 2004 02:35PM

So that would be grade and hockey deflation :-P

Actually the rumor isn't true but all of you wannabes have one more day to apply:

(clearly that's why they're not winning - it's less than a 40-hour a week job and I thought there were 40-hour weekends involved and work within the framework of the ECAC - hmmm...framework is an interesting choice of words)

[jobs.princeton.edu]

Requisition No. 04-0003479
Head Coach-Men's Ice Hockey

Department: Athletics

Employment Status: Full-Time
Hours per week: 36.25
Work Days: Monday - Friday
Grade: ADC020

Overtime Eligible: No
Date Opened: March 11, 2004

Responsibilities
Princeton University's Department of Athletics announces an opening for a full-time head coach of men's hockey. Responsibilities include all aspects of coaching, program planning, game management, team organization, recruiting, fund raising and alumni relations.

Requirements
The position requires a bachelor's degree or advanced degree and a successful background in coaching hockey, preferably with several years of playing experience at the collegiate and/or professional level. Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to manage team dynamics also are required. The coach must be able to work and communicate with students, faculty, staff, administration and alumni, as well as work within the framework of Princeton University, Ivy League, ECAC and NCAA policies and procedures. CPR, AED, and first aid certification is required subsequent to the date of hire.
Applications must be received before April 16, 2004.

Posted by: Chris 02 (---.norf.east.verizon.net)
Date: April 15, 2004 05:43PM

Before we all go applying...two questions:

What's AED? (next to CPR)
What's the salary?

Date: April 15, 2004 06:09PM

Maybe Mazzoleni should apply. That way he wouldn't have to worry about losing to Princeton anymore...

Date: April 15, 2004 06:49PM

Has anyone called the hockey office and asked if there's a (tentative) schedule available and if not yet, when?

Posted by: jkahn (216.146.73.---)
Date: April 15, 2004 07:14PM

[Q]What's AED? (next to CPR)[/Q]
Automated external defibrillation
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2004 07:15PM by jkahn.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: April 15, 2004 09:55PM

[Q]billhoward Wrote:

Has anyone called the hockey office and asked if there's a (tentative) schedule available and if not yet, when? [/q]
Yes, I emailed Sue about this. As soon as I hear back I'll post it.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.no.no.cox.net)
Date: April 16, 2004 01:50AM

[Q]Chris 02 Wrote:
What's AED? (next to CPR)[/q]
I think it stands for Bronze Swimming Certificate, Silver Swimming Certificate.
:-D

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Date: April 20, 2004 11:21AM

Well if you missed the chance to apply for the men's hockey opening, the men's basketball team is now in need of a head coach too:

[sports.espn.go.com]

screwy

Edit: That would be Princeton for anyone taking a very quick glance.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2004 11:22AM by Tom Pasniewski 98.

Posted by: Greg Berge (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: April 20, 2004 11:30AM

This has been the worst guarded secret in DC for the last month. Everybody expected JT3 to come to Georgetown. Hopefully he can turn the Hoyas around -- they've been atrocious.

Posted by: ben03 (---.nyc.rr.com)
Date: April 20, 2004 03:44PM

ahh ... georgetown ... has been doing right well for themselves. they can stay right where they are thanks :-P

Posted by: Rob NH (---.lndnnh.adelphia.net)
Date: April 22, 2004 07:44PM

[Q]billhoward Wrote:
Is there any publicity in Ontario that a Niagara tournament generates that would help recruiting? [/q]
I went out for the Punch Imlach last year, (UNH, Lowell, Niagara, Canisus), the only reason it recieved a mention on the news in Buffalo was because Niagara beat UNH the second day, total attendence for each game was 250-300 (and that may be high balling it).

Posted by: jy3 (---.nycap.rr.com)
Date: April 23, 2004 08:33PM

oooh a niagara tourney would rock since i am moving to buffalo. all games in buff none in rochester please :)

Date: April 23, 2004 09:55PM

[Q]jy3 Wrote:

all games in buff...please[/q]

Uh...I'm not touching that one with a twenty foot pole. :-P

Posted by: jy3 (---.nycap.rr.com)
Date: April 24, 2004 11:52AM

LOL
that was a great use of shortened language huh? help nut

Date: April 24, 2004 09:08PM

So, do we have any confirmed dates and opponents for the NC games now?

Date: April 26, 2004 08:50AM

Check the following link at uscho for the 04-05 schedule. Looks complete, except for Thanksgiving weekend.

[www.uscho.com]

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.ne.client2.attbi.com)
Date: April 26, 2004 08:52AM

[Q]ninian '72 Wrote:

Check the following link at uscho for the 04-05 schedule. Looks complete, except for Thanksgiving weekend.

[www.uscho.com][/q]
28 games listed. Just one to add.

Date: April 26, 2004 08:54AM

That schedule would seem to be pretty accurate based on reports. Also, with 28 games already in there, that would mean a first-round game against Yale or Princeton over Thanksgiving, exempt from the 29-game limit rule and allow Cornell a 30-game regular season schedule.

Date: April 26, 2004 08:55AM

Or maybe Al's right - I've found he often is.;-)

Date: April 26, 2004 09:59AM

The one benefit I can see to having Army on our schedule is that I might finally get to use the "Warm up the tank" cheer. :-D

Date: April 26, 2004 10:15AM

Seems like either USCHO is down or filtering is affecting my connection. If someone has a copy of the schedule, might they mind posting it here? Thanks.

Date: April 26, 2004 10:23AM

Here's a simple copy and paste. I'll leave it to someone else to better format the list.

Fri 10/29/2004 Army (nc) 7:00 ET
Sat 10/30/2004 Sacred Heart (nc) 7:00 ET
Fri 11/05/2004 Harvard 7:00 ET
Sat 11/06/2004 Brown 7:00 ET
Fri 11/12/2004 @ Michigan State (nc) 7:05 ET
Sun 11/14/2004 @ Michigan State (nc) 2:05 ET
Fri 11/19/2004 @ Vermont 7:00 ET
Sat 11/20/2004 @ Dartmouth 7:00 ET
Fri 12/03/2004 Yale 7:00 ET
Sat 12/04/2004 Princeton 7:00 ET
Tue 12/28/2004 vs SCSU/BC/Maine (nc) (1)
Wed 12/29/2004 vs SCSU/BC/Maine (nc) (1)
Fri 01/07/2005 @ Brown 7:00 ET
Sat 01/08/2005 @ Harvard 7:00 ET
Fri 01/14/2005 @ Union 7:00 ET
Sat 01/15/2005 @ Rensselaer 7:00 ET
Fri 01/21/2005 Dartmouth 7:00 ET
Sat 01/22/2005 Vermont 7:00 ET
Fri 01/28/2005 Clarkson 7:00 ET
Sat 01/29/2005 St. Lawrence 7:00 ET
Fri 02/04/2005 @ Colgate 7:00 ET
Sat 02/05/2005 Colgate 7:00 ET
Fri 02/11/2005 @ Princeton 7:00 ET
Sat 02/12/2005 @ Yale 7:00 ET
Fri 02/18/2005 Rensselaer 7:00 ET
Sat 02/19/2005 Union 7:00 ET
Fri 02/25/2005 @ St. Lawrence 7:00 ET
Sat 02/26/2005 @ Clarkson 7:00 ET

(1) - Everblades Classic (Estero, FL)

Posted by: Steve Marciniec '85 (---.fluor.com)
Date: April 26, 2004 11:26AM

That looks like a good schedule. Hosting Army and Sacred Heart the first weekend is good, because it will give the team some time to get in synch before playing Harvard, Brown and then the a tough road weekend against Michigan State. The 3 other teams in the Everblades are all solid and will help the strength of schedule. We're playing all road games during semester break which is also good. I only wish we had a couple NC home games against a team from a power conference.

Date: April 26, 2004 11:31AM

That schedule would seem to be pretty accurate based on reports. Also, with 28 games already in there, that would mean a first-round game against Yale or Princeton over Thanksgiving, exempt from the 29-game limit rule and allow Cornell a 30-game regular season schedule.[/q]

How would a game against Yale or Princeton be exempt from the 29 game limit? The only exemption I ever remember seeing us take is the foreign tour exemption. I didn't think the Ivies allowed any exceptions to their limit.

Posted by: Chris '03 (---.cust.uslec.net)
Date: April 26, 2004 12:11PM

So is the team going to go to the MSU/Wisconsin football game on the off day? It may be tough to get a hotel around east lansing that weekend...

Crazy Big Ten football throwing other sports out of whack.

Date: April 26, 2004 12:37PM

Maybe MSU could be persuaded to set up their outdoor rink in Spartan Stadium :-D :

[www.detnews.com]

Posted by: jkahn (216.146.73.---)
Date: April 26, 2004 03:07PM

[Q]Chris '03 wrote:
It may be tough to get a hotel around east lansing that weekend... [/Q]
A quick search turned up a $71 AAA rate at the Marriott TownPlace Suites in East Lansing. Book now before it's too late.
[marriott.com]

Note: the "LANTS" needs to be part of the link above, but doesn't seem to be treated as such.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2004 03:10PM by jkahn.

Re:purdue to msu
Posted by: Rita Monde (---.agry.purdue.edu)
Date: April 26, 2004 06:39PM

since my atlas is at home, anyone know off hand how far it is from lafayette IN to east lansing michigan?
would be nice to see 3, maybe 4 cornell games this year. i'll be at the everblades tourney again with my nephew, who btw, apparently says "sieve, sieve, sieve" when his red table hockey team (cornell) scores against the blue team.

thanks,
Rita

Re: Re:purdue to msu
Date: April 26, 2004 07:03PM

[Q]Rita Monde Wrote:

since my atlas is at home, anyone know off hand how far it is from lafayette IN to east lansing michigan?
[/q]
Who needs Atlases when you have the internet? According to Mapquest it's 278 miles or 4:30 driving time (prob closer to 4 hours then).

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: April 26, 2004 08:14PM

Cut and pasted from my original in Nov..
The only "holes" are presumed exibition weekend of 10/22-23, Red/White the weekend before, and one last game over Thanksgiving (I'm voting for Al on that one.)

All at 7:00 except Everblades and the Mich St as listed
The	2004-2005	CU Schedule

Fri	Oct 22,04	 Ex?
Sat	Oct 23,04	 Ex?
Fri	Oct 29,04	 Army
Sat	Oct 30,04	 Sacred Heart
Fri	Nov 5,04	 Harvard
Sat	Nov 5,04	 Brown
Fri	Nov 12,04 @Mich St 7:05
Sun	Nov 13,04 @Mich St 2:05
Fri	Nov 19,04 @Vermont
Sat	Nov 20,04 @Dartmouth
Sat	Nov 27,04	 OOC?
Fri	Dec 3,04	 Yale
Sat	Dec 4,04	 Princeton
Tue	Dec 28,04	 Everblades vs SCSU/BC/Maine
Wed      Dec 29,04 Everblades vs SCSU/BC/Maine
Fri	Jan 7,05	 @Brown
Sat	Jan 8,05	 @Harvard
Fri	Jan 14,05	 @Union
Sat	Jan 15,05	 @RPI
Fri	Jan 21,05	 Dartmouth
Sat	Jan 22,05	 Vermont
Fri	Jan 28,05	 Clarkson
Sat	Jan 29,05	 St. Lawrence
Fri	Feb 4,05	 @Colgate
Sat	Feb 5,05	 Colgate
Fri	Feb 11,05	 @Princeton
Sat	Feb 12,05	 @Yale
Fri	Feb 18,05	 RPI
Sat	Feb 19,05	 Union
Fri	Feb 25,05	 @St. Lawrence
Sat	Feb 26,05	 @Clarkson
Fri	Mar 4,05	 ECAC
Sat	Mar 5,05	 ECAC
Fri	Mar 11,05	 ECAC
Sat	Mar 12,05	 ECAC
Fri	Mar 18,05	 ECAC
Sat	Mar 19,05	 ECAC
Fri	Mar 25,05	 NCAA
Sun	Mar 27,05	 NCAA
Thur	Apr 7,05	 NCAA
Sat	Apr 9,05	 NCAA

OOC = Out of Conference
Here's hoping I did it right.

Date: April 26, 2004 09:54PM

Are the Michigan State games a Friday/Sunday affair? Is that to avoid some potential conflict with a Saturday night football game?

Maybe we can get a single game with another team from Hockey East over Thanksgiving as a SOS booster.

Date: April 27, 2004 09:22AM

If it is to be a Hockey East team, the only team it can be is UMass-Lowell.

On Saturday, 11/27/04:

Boston College is playing Northeastern
Boston University is out at Colorado College
Maine is playing at Dartmouth
Massachusetts is out in Denver
And the 2nd Annual Dunkin Donuts Coffee Pot moves to Thanksgiving Weekend and will have Providence and Merrimack participating.

That leaves only Lowell.

Date: April 27, 2004 10:32AM

You forgot UNH is at Vermont. If we do schedule a Thanksgiving weekend game, it will likely be another AH team a la Mercyhurst this past year. Here is the composite schedule of all games that USCHO has listed thus far for Thanksgiving weekend (let's hope it formats correctly):

11/26/04 Robert Morris         at Rensselaer             	   nc      7:00 ET Rensselaer/HSBC Holiday Hockey Tournament (Troy, NY)
11/26/04 Sacred Heart          vs Air Force              	   nc      4:00 ET Rensselaer/HSBC Holiday Hockey Tournament (Troy, NY)
11/26/04 Brown                 at Clarkson               	   ec      7:00 ET 
11/26/04 Merrimack             vs Union                  	   nc              Dunkin' Donuts Coffee Pot (Providence, RI)
11/26/04 Holy Cross            vs Providence             	   nc              Dunkin' Donuts Coffee Pot (Providence, RI)
11/26/04 Harvard               at St. Lawrence           	   ec      7:00 ET 
11/26/04 North Dakota          at Michigan Tech          	   wc      7:05 ET 
11/26/04 Minnesota-Duluth      at St. Cloud State        	   wc      7:05 CT 
11/26/04 Mercyhurst            at Colgate                	   nc      7:00 ET 
11/26/04 Boston University     at Denver                 	   nc      7:35 MT 
11/26/04 Massachusetts         at Colorado College       	   nc      7:35 MT 
11/26/04 Lake Superior         at Northern Michigan      	   cc      7:35 ET 
11/27/04 Air Force/SHU         at Rensselaer             	   nc 4:00/7:00 ET Rensselaer/HSBC Holiday Hockey Tournament (Troy, NY)
11/27/04 Robert Morris/RPI     vs Air Force              	   nc 4:00/7:00 ET Rensselaer/HSBC Holiday Hockey Tournament (Troy, NY)
11/27/04 Robert Morris/RPI     vs Sacred Heart           	   nc 4:00/7:00 ET Rensselaer/HSBC Holiday Hockey Tournament (Troy, NY)
11/27/04 Air Force/SHU         vs Robert Morris          	   nc 4:00/7:00 ET Rensselaer/HSBC Holiday Hockey Tournament (Troy, NY)
11/27/04 Harvard               at Clarkson               	   ec      7:00 ET 
11/27/04 Holy Cross/Prov       vs Union                  	   nc              Dunkin' Donuts Coffee Pot (Providence, RI)
11/27/04 Holy Cross/Prov       vs Merrimack              	   nc              Dunkin' Donuts Coffee Pot (Providence, RI)
11/27/04 Union/Merrimack       vs Holy Cross             	   nc              Dunkin' Donuts Coffee Pot (Providence, RI)
11/27/04 Union/Merrimack       vs Providence             	   nc              Dunkin' Donuts Coffee Pot (Providence, RI)
11/27/04 Maine                 at Dartmouth              	   nc      7:00 ET 
11/27/04 New Hampshire         at Vermont                	   nc      7:00 ET 
11/27/04 Brown                 at St. Lawrence           	   ec      7:00 ET 
11/27/04 North Dakota          at Michigan Tech          	   wc      7:05 ET 
11/27/04 Minnesota-Duluth      at St. Cloud State        	   wc      7:05 CT 
11/27/04 Mercyhurst            at Colgate                	   nc      7:00 ET 
11/27/04 Massachusetts         at Denver                 	   nc      7:05 MT 
11/27/04 Boston University     at Colorado College       	   nc      7:05 MT 
11/27/04 Northern Michigan     at Lake Superior          	   cc      7:05 ET 
11/27/04 Boston College        at Northeastern           	   he      7:00 ET

Date: April 27, 2004 01:01PM

I noted UNH in my notes and then forgot to include them. I forget UNH exists sometimes :) Anyway, looks like Sacred Heart, Robert Morris and Mercyhurst are taken. Could be Quinnipiac or Holy Cross but didn't someone mention somewhere and of course I'm too lazy to look it up that we were possibly playing in a Yale, Princeton, Niagara tournament over Thanksgiving and since none of those teams are listed as playing over Thanksgiving, this is still possible?

Date: April 27, 2004 02:28PM

Check the following link at uscho for chatter about this tournament:

[board.uscho.com]

Date: April 27, 2004 02:43PM

Yep, that's what I thought.

Posted by: billhoward (12.104.145.---)
Date: April 28, 2004 02:26AM

If this is the schedule, Cornell's challenge is pretty clear: to make the NCAAs it will have to win the ECACs (always possible) or get there based on RPI and quality wins. You can see from the schedule the opportunity for quality wins outside the ECAC amounts to about four: the two Michigan State games awful early in the season, and the two Everblades classic games with SCSU, Maine, and BC. Army and Sacred Heart are not going to be quality wins, and given last year's up and down history in the early season, there could be some non-quality non-wins.

Date: May 26, 2004 11:55AM

Canisius added on 11/23 at home. That's 29, folks:

[www.uscho.com]

Posted by: Avash (---.wright.edu)
Date: May 26, 2004 12:34PM

In addition to the...addition....of Canisius (yawn), we're playing an exhibition game on 10/22 against McGill

[www.uscho.com]

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.cmbrmaks.akamai.com)
Date: May 26, 2004 02:52PM

Yet another year with a crappy NC schedule, combined with a mostly-crappy ECAC schedule. screwy As I've said numerous times, if you want to compete with the big boys, you need to play them more regularly.

Kyle

Posted by: The Rancor (---.syr.east.verizon.net)
Date: May 26, 2004 04:14PM

well, with 2 against MSU, and 2 against BC/SCSU/Maine its and against HC (ecac next year?) its not that bad. at least Canisus' SOS will be boosted by games against NoDak... rolleyes

Date: May 26, 2004 04:25PM

[Q]krose Wrote:

Yet another year with a crappy NC schedule, combined with a mostly-crappy ECAC schedule. As I've said numerous times, if you want to compete with the big boys, you need to play them more regularly.

Kyle[/q]

Could it be some teams would just as soon not play a wild card like Cornell? Cornell has a good year, we're going to be tough to beat. (Well, unless the other team isn't very good.) Cornell has an off year, we're going to be a tough team to beat. So the other team's coach and athletic director are probably recalling Clint Eastwood and "Was that five bullets or six he fired? ... Are [we] feeling lucky today?" If I wanted to play a team from central/upstate New York that starts with C-O, I think I'd choose the Red Raiders.

Date: May 26, 2004 05:15PM

[q]Could it be some teams would just as soon not play a wild card like Cornell?[/q]I doubt the top programs are really afraid to play Cornell. ITop programs want to play tough teams. I'd say the regular presence of lower ranked teams on the schedule has more to do with several other factors:
- Length of season. Everyone elese (non-Ivy) starts in October and plays a lot of non-conf games then. We can't schedule a team in that time frame, which makes it harder to schedule games.
- Two game series. The Western teams tend to play two game series. With fewer non-conf games to work with Cornell may be less willing to sign up for a two game set.
- Home/away agreements. Many of the teams Cornell has played out of conference either play in Lynah or have had multi year home and home agreements. It might not be that hard to schedule a game at Yost, but getting Michigan to come to Lynah is a lot harder. Schafer may not be very willing to schedule road games without reciprocity. (Is MSU slated to come to Lynah in '05?)

Just my three or four cents.

Posted by: ithacat (128.253.193.---)
Date: May 26, 2004 05:38PM

The teams that made last year's NCAA tournament played an average of 13 games against other tournament teams -- Cornell played 5. Cornell, btw, had the best winning % against tournament teams, compared to the field.

The Ivies either need to let their teams make up the game reduction or the ECAC needs to get smaller, thus allowing more OOC games (or both). Otherwise Cornell, and any other ECAC team, will always be at a disadvantage when it comes tournament time.

Date: May 26, 2004 07:52PM

More games would be better, and more ranked opponents would be better, but it is not as if the program is crashing and burning without them. Schafer is doing a good job with what he has, and he may well be deliberately scheduling confidence-building games, especially after what transpired at home last year.

Date: May 26, 2004 08:22PM

[Q]KeithK Wrote:[/q]

(Is MSU slated to come to Lynah in '05?)[/q]

Well you can take a look at the tenative schedule for 2005-2006:

[www.uscho.com]

Date: May 26, 2004 08:42PM

[q]Well you can take a look at the tenative schedule for 2005-2006: [USCHO link] [/q]Gee, that's helpful. I guess we're not playing MSU in 05-06, or anybody else. Is the NHL lockout going to spill over into college by that season? :-P

Date: May 26, 2004 09:05PM

[Q]Many of the teams Cornell has played out of conference either play in Lynah or have had multi year home and home agreements. It might not be that hard to schedule a game at Yost, but getting Michigan to come to Lynah is a lot harder. Schafer may not be very willing to schedule road games without reciprocity. (Is MSU slated to come to Lynah in '05?) Just my three or four cents.[/q]

I couldn't imagine Cornell agreeing to play Michigan State without it being a one year there, one year here series. That happens when Nebraska needs cannon fodder for its football team early on in the year, and Missouri Teachers & Agricultural, new to D1, wants some cash.

Page:  1 2Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login