Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Who's Going to the Frozen Four?

Posted by Tom Pasniewski 98 
Who's Going to the Frozen Four?
Posted by: Tom Pasniewski 98 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 30, 2004 09:55AM

Okay, this thread was a lot more exciting last year but I know there's a lot of you out there who are coming to Boston because there will be some good college hockey to be played. Plus when else do you have the chance to see Minnesota-Duluth play Denver? Games are 12 Noon and 6 p.m. on Thursday, April 8th. The Hobey Baker Award presentation will take place at 2:30 p.m. on Friday inside Faneuil Hall at Quincy Marketplace. Seating is limited. In '98, you were able to purchase tickets to the ceremony in various locations during the weekend - I think it was like $5. There will be a reception for the Hobey Winner at The Rack, 24 Clinton Street, across from Faneuil Hall from 5 to 7 p.m (The Rack hosts a lot of celebrities and local charity events). Saturday evening - WCHA vs. HE for the national championship. BC makes it a bit more difficult to get tickets and as we all learned last year, tickets for the champ game can be had for very cheap on the street outside the arena after the semi's.

So, who's going to the FF?

Oh, and next Friday is Opening Day for the Sox which as I've come to learn, means mass hysteria in Boston.

Re: Who's Going to the Frozen Four?
Date: March 30, 2004 10:13AM

Oh, and Saturday afternoon the Cornell lacrosse team is playing at Harvard.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.ne.client2.attbi.com)
Date: March 30, 2004 10:48AM

[Q]Tom Pasniewski 98 Wrote:

Oh, and Saturday afternoon the Cornell lacrosse team is playing at Harvard. [/Q]
I'm planning to be there.

Date: March 30, 2004 01:24PM

Well, me too - that's one ticket that's not too hard to come by. Damn Harvard - didn't even need tickets until last year - always looking to make a buck.

Posted by: jkahn (216.146.73.---)
Date: March 30, 2004 02:13PM

I'll be at the Fleet. Unfortunately I didn't check the lacrosse schedule first, and have commitments to see friends on the Cape on Saturday. By the way, I've just gotten my tickets and have two sets available (see Ticket Exchange) if anyone's interested.

Date: April 02, 2004 05:17PM

Information on the Town Hall Meeting, Humanitarian Award Presentation and Hobey Award presentation up on USCHO.com. Looks like admission is free but seating is most definitely limited. All those Yann Danis fan club members will be swarming for a seat.
laugh

[www.uscho.com]

Posted by: Avash (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: April 02, 2004 06:27PM

Maine, BC, UMD, Denver

Sorry. I know. I'm an idiot :-P . That's just what I thought of when I saw the thread.....

Posted by: billhoward (---.union01.nj.comcast.net)
Date: April 02, 2004 08:31PM

Vote for BC or Maine to win the Frozen Four because,

If it can't be Cornell, hope it's an Ivy school, or Brown for that matter.
If it can't be an Ivy school, hope it's an ECAC team from New York State.
If it can't be an ECAC team from New York State. hope it's an ECAC team.
If it can't be an ECAC team, hope it's an eastern team.
If it can't be an eastern team, hope it's a boutique western team (Colorado College). \
If it can't be a boutique western team, hope it's an underdog western team unlikely to become too powerful based on the good PR attendant with winning the Final Four.

You don't want dynasties unless it's Cornell. North Dakota and its $115 million, 10,000-seat arena looks like a dynasty in the making. They're going to do well enough next year and the year after even without winning it all this year.

Date: April 02, 2004 08:36PM

[Q]billhoward Wrote:

Vote for BC or Maine to win the Frozen Four because,

If it can't be Cornell, hope it's an Ivy school, or Brown for that matter.
[/Q]

Haha :-D

Date: April 03, 2004 12:54AM

[Q]Avash '05 Wrote:

Maine, BC, UMD, Denver

Sorry. I know. I'm an idiot . That's just what I thought of when I saw the thread.....[/q]

whistle A wiseguy, eh. Actually I'm surprised it took somebody that long to come up with the answer.

Actually the Bruins are playing Friday so they'll technically be there too. And they're playing Wednesday. Somewhere in there, I guess the teams practice.

Date: April 03, 2004 09:14AM

This could go in the pro's thread or dss28's thread but here it is:

And if the NHL standings hold as they are right now, Toronto is 5 and Boston 4 in the East meaning Nieuwendyk will also be 'attending' the Frozen Four. With any luck the Bruins can move ahead of Ottawa in points (Ottawa has the tiebreaker with the Bruins) but I have to pull for Cornell alums first over the home-town team, so here's hoping Toronto doesn't finish with 100-plus points only to finish third in the Northeast and can jump both the B's and Ottawa to win the Northeast.

If I recall correctly, no player has ever won the Stanley Cup with four different teams so here's to Joe, a fine NHL citizen.

Posted by: Anne 85 (---.ne.client2.attbi.com)
Date: April 03, 2004 12:03PM

As much as I would love to see Nieuwendyk play in Boston, I'd prefer that the Maple Leafs and Bruins meet up later in the playoffs. Otherwise, one of my two favorite teams will get knocked out in the first round. Of course, with the tight playoff race this year, a lot can happen in the last few games of the season.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2004 12:04PM by Anne 85.

Date: April 03, 2004 05:10PM

Agreed. These two teams didn't play this well all season to wind up playing each other in the 4-5 matchup in the first round. Very close and Thornton's injuries a big question mark. Hope one wins the NE and the other is runner-up as 2-4 and they don't have to meet until the semi's.

Maple Leafs/Bruins
Date: April 03, 2004 10:05PM

[Q]Anne 85 Wrote:

As much as I would love to see Nieuwendyk play in Boston, I'd prefer that the Maple Leafs and Bruins meet up later in the playoffs. Otherwise, one of my two favorite teams will get knocked out in the first round. Of course, with the tight playoff race this year, a lot can happen in the last few games of the season.[/Q]

Thankfully, Nieuwendyk scored 2 goals today as Toronto destroyed Ottawa 6-0, so that means either Toronto or Boston will be the #2 seed as the Northeast Division winner, while the other will finish 4th or 5th, so there will be no Toronto-Boston first round matchup. I didn't want one either, since I like both teams.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2004 10:05PM by Avash '05.

Re: Maple Leafs/Bruins
Date: April 04, 2004 04:31PM

Wow, the NE division finished closer than the ECAC:

Boston beats the Devils 3-1 this afternoon to win the NE

1. Boston 104 points
2. Toronto 103 points
3. Ottawa 102 points

Boston is 2 and hosts Montreal. Toronto finishes 4 and will host Ottawa.

B's get it done without Thornton. Games 1 and 2 should be Wednesday and Friday evenings working around the Frozen Four. Glad that Boston and Toronto avoid each other until the semi's.

Posted by: Pete Godenschwager (---.253.86.125-dhcp.chem.cornell.edu)
Date: April 04, 2004 06:19PM

Toronto/Ottawa should be awesome

Re: Maple Leafs/Bruins
Posted by: RichS (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: April 04, 2004 07:39PM

Do you think either team is going anywhere ? Toronto added a lot of players but seems to be missing something.

Boston? Depends on their goaltending...can raycroft do it?

Date: April 06, 2004 05:50PM

The NCAA Beyond the Game Experience (same as was in the Buffalo Convention Center last year) is Thursday, Friday, Saturday all day outside on City Hall Plaza across the street from Fanueil Hall. Or maybe it will be under tents but I expect it will be cold and windy. Well I'll be at Thursday night's game and the Hobey presentation and the champ game. Hope to see some of you there.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.ne.client2.attbi.com)
Date: April 07, 2004 07:01AM

I'll be there with Rich, Josh, and Ken Butler (the K in KRACH).

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Date: April 07, 2004 10:30AM

Are you guys coming in tonight?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login