Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

F**K!!!!

Posted by RedAR 
F**K!!!!
Posted by: RedAR (---.ne.client2.attbi.com)
Date: March 20, 2004 10:28PM

Damn it! How the hell did these under-achievers win the ECAC?

Re: F**K!!!!
Posted by: dss28 (---.drama.yale.edu)
Date: March 20, 2004 10:30PM

They all bought stock in Smuckers...

Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: March 20, 2004 10:33PM

A direct quote of what I said in #lynah as the GWG was scored:

[Q]
<Will> FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK...Harvard
<Will> I think I'm going to vomit.
<Will> I can't watch this anymore.
[/Q]

Let's go drinking *clap clap clapclapclap*...

Posted by: Avash (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: March 20, 2004 10:40PM

Come on guys. They still only have 7. We have 10!

Oh now I sound like a Yankee fan trying to rationalize losing to the Diamondbacks, Angels, and Marlins....:-P

Seriously though, it's not all bad. For some reason, I hated Harvard less this season than I did the last two. I hope that doesn't make me a bad person :-). And now I think we should all root for them in the NCAAs as the ECAC representative.

congrads to harvard (sucks)
Posted by: Ben Rocky '04 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: March 20, 2004 10:42PM

I hate to say it, but im glad Harvard (sucks) won. Clarkson is a bunch of march-preformance-only no-talent-ass-clowns with redneck fans. I'm glad their season is over.

Date: March 20, 2004 10:42PM

[Q]Avash '05 Wrote:

And now I think we should all root for them in the NCAAs as the ECAC representative. [/Q]

I agree that we should root for them in the NCAAs, but for tonight, as I just told someone...FUCK HARVARD.

Posted by: Ben Rocky '04 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: March 20, 2004 10:43PM

Damn right! Lets see an another Ivy/ ECAC team go far this year.

Posted by: Larry72 (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: March 20, 2004 10:44PM

The bottom line is that this year, Harvard found a way to get their season together and CU did not. I hope there's a lesson to be learned.

Re: congrads to harvard (sucks)
Posted by: O.S.B. (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: March 20, 2004 10:52PM

Oh well, Clarkson and Harvard peaked when they needed it the most.

Posted by: jy3 (---.nycap.rr.com)
Date: March 21, 2004 01:15AM

hey at least u guys didnt have to sit thru the games this weekend. that was worse than just seeing the scores ;) actually it was entertaining and fun - i would rather hahvahd win than clarkson

Posted by: Tom Pasniewski 98 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 21, 2004 01:23AM

They may be underachievers but they're the only ECAC team going to the NCAA's and they're where many people predicted they would be - at the top in the end. Clarkson, despite good regular seasons has followed that up with poor performances in the NCAA's over the last 10 years. May they do well in the NCAA's.

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.mis.prserv.net)
Date: March 21, 2004 07:10AM

Any chance this means Maz gets a reprieve and we get him to harass for another year?

Posted by: Greg Berge (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: March 21, 2004 08:08AM

Maz had made the NCAA tourny the last three years. He's definitely coming back.

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.rr.com)
Date: March 21, 2004 08:53AM

[Q]Jeff Hopkins '82 Wrote:

Any chance this means Maz gets a reprieve and we get him to harass for another year? [/Q]

[Q]Greg Berge Wrote:

Maz had made the NCAA tourny the last three years. He's definitely coming back. [/Q]

I didn't realize it last night, but that is the silver lining here. I'm much more comfortable seeing the Crimson with Maz as the coach. (I don't think that will console Mrs. Marty or my Bulldog son.)

Posted by: CowbellGuy (Moderator)
Date: March 21, 2004 11:52AM

[Q]Ben Rocky 04 Wrote:
Clarkson is a bunch of march-preformance-only no-talent-ass-clowns with redneck fans.[/Q]

Is that better than a bunch of march-performance-only lots-of-talent-but-underachieving-ass-clowns with no fans?

Posted by: nyc94 (---.focaldata.net)
Date: March 21, 2004 12:11PM

This is a fitting end since most Harvard undergrads I knew did no work during the school year and got honors at graduation.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2004 12:12PM by .

Posted by: Pete Godenschwager (---.syr.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 21, 2004 12:34PM

[Q]This is a fitting end since most Harvard undergrads I knew did no work during the school year and got honors at graduation[/Q]

laugh

Date: March 21, 2004 01:36PM

Harvard appears headed on its way to becoming the first school to win the ECAC men's and women's championship in the same year. Harvard women up 4-0 over St. Lawrence after two in the championship game.

Twice (Providence in '85 and '96), the school won both men (Hockey East) and women's (ECAC) conference championships but that was back before the women split off too.

Date: March 21, 2004 01:50PM

Grr...let's go SLU(tty) women! :-P

Date: March 21, 2004 02:26PM

Women's ECAC Championship Final: Harvard 6, St. Lawrence 1

Unofficial Shots on Goal: Harvard 52, St. Lawrence 12

Both Harvard and St. Lawrence should advance to the Women's Frozen Four next weekend.

Posted by: RichS (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 21, 2004 02:26PM

Not only do you sound bitter...get over it!...but also foolish since the so-called "no talent ass clowns" got to Albany by defeating the highly favored, and perhaps more talented (?) cornell team in Ithaca. Hmmm....

Can you explain?

From my perspective, Clarkson peaked at the right time after a season of getting to know each other, playing a lot of freshmen, AND getting to know an entirely new coaching staff. I give them all a lot of credit. Good things are ahead!

Date: March 21, 2004 02:46PM

I've got a better one for you, Rich...you sound like a sore winner (and yet, still a loser) based purely on the fact that we barely saw you here on the eLF all season, until the postseason. Some of it is explained by the obvious, when Clarkson ended up drawing Cornell in the quarterfinals, and yet you stuck around spouting your pro-Clarkson tripe a week after those games were over. You can't do this on your own message board or at USCHO? Can you explain?

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.no.no.cox.net)
Date: March 21, 2004 03:06PM

It's not like RichS came on here and started gloating. He's responding to people calling his team names by pointing out the absurdity of the name-calling rather than by indulging in similar attacks on our team.

Besides which, "ass clown" is one of the stupidest words I've ever heard, and anyone who uses it deserves to be called out.

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Explanation...sure!
Date: March 21, 2004 04:12PM

Sure Will, no problem. I'm not obligated to respond to your "obvious" conclusion but for the record, here's the explanation. "Sore winner", huh? Your conclusion is unfortunately in error. How does my sharing my opinions here make me a "loser"?

I was barely on the Clarkson forum and USCHO all season, as well as here, primarily because I put in a lot of time coaching high school hockey, both varsity and JV, here in NJ from the pre-season until late Feb, in addition to becoming involved in three other professional endeavors. There's only so many hours in a day, and it's a LOT less when one makes a committment to high school coaching.

Had so many conflicts with the HS schedule that I couldn't make my annual trip to Potsdam, nor get to Princeton when Tech played here, nor make my nearly annual trip to Lynah. I doubt I'd have been around here any more frequently had Clarkson had a strong regular season. This is the least I've been able to follow college hockey in probably the past 20 years. VicB and any number of people at Clarkson know this!

Fortunately, I was able to do so now because the end of our HS season coincided with the end of the ECAC regular season. Had I been able to get there, I'd have been at Lynah last weekend. Naturally I was happy I was able to make this weekend's trips to Albany. I must say the environment there would have been a lot more fun for a lot of us had cornell been there along with Clarkson.

What makes my perspective on Clarkson's season and playoffs "tripe"? That's a curious characterization IMHO given the "stuff" I've read here recently directed towards Nickerson, Traylen, and the Clarkson team in general. Some of that sounds like it's the result of bitterness and disappointment, and that's understandable, but a lot is, to use your word, "tripe".

By the way, I have posted on both the Clarkson forum and USCHO in the past ten days or so, time permitting.

I suggest next time before speculating as to someone's presence or lack thereof, that you have some of the relevant facts. As much one loves college hockey, sometimes other things that are more important take up a lot more of one's time.

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.77.252.64.snet.net)
Date: March 21, 2004 05:11PM

The reason we decided to route for Harvard last night in Albany had everything to do with the team and little to do with the fans. The Clarkson players sunk to the lowest of the low in my book after game 3. Taunting the Faithful, acting like general jacka$$es, not to mention Nickerson spitting in our direction in game 1.

I couldn't bear to see those goon hacks walk off the rink with that title. Nickerson, Traylen, the rest of them... learn how to be good winners. When Harvard won, they skated over to their fans and raised their arms... they did not to over to the large Clarkson section and mock them. I may not like Harvard, of course, but I respect their athletes and integrity. As much as I want them to lose in general, I will always respect a quality program over a bunch of immature assholes.

Re: Explanation...sure!
Date: March 21, 2004 05:11PM

Thanks for the explanation. Enjoy the offseason.

Therapy
Posted by: CowbellGuy (Moderator)
Date: March 22, 2004 08:58AM

For those who were rooting for Clarkson, maybe this will make it a little easier to take. (Maybe they should hang this in the locker room next year.)

Re: Therapy
Posted by: RedAR (---.harvard.edu)
Date: March 22, 2004 09:18AM

class act rolleyes

Posted by: Bahnstorm (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: March 22, 2004 10:34AM

A couple copies of that sent to key members of the Cornell hockey team, coach included, a day or two before next years Clarkson game would get the boys going for sure.

Re: FUCK!!!!
Date: March 26, 2004 08:52AM

I finally watched my tape of the end of the ECAC championship game. God I hate Harvard.

Date: March 26, 2004 09:03AM

[Q]jy3 Wrote:
i would rather hahvahd win than clarkson
[/Q]
What the hell is wrong with you?!?
nut

Date: March 26, 2004 09:04AM

[Q]Ben Rocky 04 Wrote:
I hate to say it, but im glad Harvard (sucks) won.[/Q]

What the hell is wrong with you?!?
nut

Well, that was slightly cathartic
Date: March 26, 2004 09:07AM

I hope I'm ready to root for them in eight hours.

Just remember, if they don't score 5 goals on Howard, it's better that they not beat Maine.

Re: Well, that was slightly cathartic
Posted by: Chris '03 (---.cust.uslec.net)
Date: March 26, 2004 09:14AM

And that's 5 regulation goals, right? It would be our luck that H would win 5-4 in three overtimes...

Posted by: melissa (---.ip.tvc-ip.com)
Date: March 26, 2004 11:48AM

I gotta say that at the games last week-end I was cheering whole heartedly for Harvard and having a great time doing so. I was very happy that they came away with the title since we couldn't. I have no idea why but having them win ended up being the best case scenario in my mind. Despite heading into the rink with no real preference I found myself cheering Ivy and when the final game came down to the Knights and Harvard there was no question who I was cheering for. Heck I was even grinning like a fool when they won. Can't explain. Weird but true. I look forward to cheering them on again tonite as they face a much steeper challenge ... twitch

Harvard's newest fan
Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.loyno.edu)
Date: March 26, 2004 12:01PM

Remember this every time you have to hear "Harvard, winners of two of the last three ECAC championships" for the next year. yark

Re: Harvard's newest fan
Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: March 26, 2004 12:03PM

Did you have to say that, John.

More importantly, why couldn't I have read it before I ate lunch yark

JH

Posted by: melissa (---.ip.tvc-ip.com)
Date: March 26, 2004 01:41PM

Maybe there's something wrong with me but it really doesn't bother me. It certainly did 2 years ago when we lost to them in double ot. I personally find that there is a HUGE difference in seeing them win against Clarkson (the team that eliminated us at home) and the last Placid experience. More or less ditto what Fred said earlier in the week. Plus - who knows - maybe we're starting a pattern ... ;-)

Posted by: RedAR (---.gsd.harvard.edu)
Date: March 26, 2004 02:43PM

given that hahvahd is the only ecac team still playing hockey, i guess i'm resigned to rooting for them. and, yes, when i heard during the ecac championship game that hahvahd was the champ 2 of the past 3 years, it made me want to puke.

Date: March 26, 2004 02:59PM

Melissa,

Were you wearing a cornell jersey? Not that the woman I saw wearing one sitting behind me one night was the only one but...gee, from what I've read here over the years...shame on you for rooting for Harvard...I'll have to let your cornell brethren deal with you. :-D

John, thanks...I was thinking of the possible "difficulty" cornell fans may have had watching the game last Saturday, and realized we'd ALMOST all have been a lot happier had Clarkson won. Over the years, we haven't had much success against the "Cantabs" in the playoffs.

BTW, does anybody still use that nickname? I'm dating myself...rolleyes

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.cmbrmaks.akamai.com)
Date: March 26, 2004 03:00PM

What's with this ECAC loyalty? screwy I personally couldn't give two shits about the ECAC: as far as I am concerned, the suckage of so many teams in the ECAC is part of what keeps Cornell down, because 15+ of our regular season games are against opponents that simply aren't on the same level as the best from the other conferences, and IMO playing up is always better than playing down.

That, and I could never root for Harvard. Yikes. I'd rather see Niagara win it than Harvard. yark

banana <- I love this smiley. I think I'll add it to my sig.

Cheers,
Kyle

ECAC Loyalty
Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.loyno.edu)
Date: March 26, 2004 03:44PM

Don' t get me wrong, I've supported Hahvahd in the NC$$s the past couple of years. This year I'm supporting Lenny's GAA record, so if the Cantabs can score five goals against Howard, they're welcome to win. But if the game goes to OT tied 2-2 I'll root for Maine to score ASAP and keep Howard's season going.

Posted by: Mike Hunt (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: March 26, 2004 10:22PM

hell yes. i totally agree with you kyle. if it weren't for this damn ivy thing, id wish for cornell to join hockey east and actually play some worth while teams. the problem with cornell is that we dont have enough competition and we play down to these other teams' levels. it sucks ass because the more you play teams like bc, bu, & unh, the better you become. but we're stuck playing shit teams like princeton, yale..etc. fuckin a', i wish we won those damn games against clarkson (another bad team -- us playing down to their level), so we can prove how good we really are by playing a good team.

Re: ECAC Loyalty
Posted by: A-19 (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: March 27, 2004 02:13AM

[Q]jtwcornell91 Wrote:

Don' t get me wrong, I've supported Hahvahd in the NC$$s the past couple of years. This year I'm supporting Lenny's GAA record, so if the Cantabs can score five goals [/Q]

ok, i'll bite. what exactly is a Cantab? i searched on yahoo and the only thing i understand is that this alternate harvard nickname is somehow connected to the city's namesake cambridge (uk).

-mike

Posted by: Greg Berge (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: March 27, 2004 04:21AM

Yes, Cantab = Cantabridgian. As in, "For to be a Cantabridgian / You've got to learn... to... take it up the rear."

Posted by: A-19 (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: March 27, 2004 04:47AM

why is "Cantabridgian" the adjective for an individual residing in Cambridge? There's not even an "n" or a "t" in Cambridge for that matter.

Date: March 27, 2004 07:30AM

[Q]A-19 Wrote:

why is "Cantabridgian" the adjective for an individual residing in Cambridge? There's not even an "n" or a "t" in Cambridge for that matter. [/Q]

When I asked the question in #lynah last night, it was explained to me that "Cantabridge" is the original name of Cambridge. A quick Google search brought me to [www.antiessays.com], from which I quote:

[Q]The foundation of Cambridge goes back to 11th century when Norman’s built a castle at River Cam. During Romans time, a small town situated just north of river in the Castle Hill area. The town was called Granata. Later on during the Saxon period, it was known as Grantabridge, which means Swampy River Bridge. The name later became Cantabridge and then by 14th century, Cambridge.[/Q]

Close enough.

Date: March 27, 2004 08:26AM

[Q]Mike Hunt [har har] Wrote:
if it weren't for this damn ivy thing, id wish for cornell to join hockey east and actually play some worth while teams. [/Q]
Actually, Cornell has more incentive than the other Ivies to stay together with the rest of the current ECAC, because of our historical rivalries with Clarkson and RPI (and SLU and Colgate, to a lesser extent).

It wasn't so long ago that Clarkson fans claimed playing the Cornells and Harvards of the world was keeping them down and that moving to Hockey East would make them better. Expect the Knights to go back to being a powerhouse once Roll finishes righting the ship.

Posted by: Bio '04 (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: March 27, 2004 07:35PM

I had read that a Cantab was a Puritan...

[www.yaleherald.com]

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.adsl.snet.net)
Date: March 28, 2004 01:04AM

And remember, no matter what, Princeton still beat them :-D :-) ... twice .

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login