Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Response to "Albany"

Posted by BIG RED ONE 
Response to "Albany"
Posted by: BIG RED ONE (---.accel.cornell.edu)
Date: March 16, 2004 04:29PM

if we're going to albany, why do we have to pick a team to root for? why can't we just be there and root AGAINST everyone? "harvard..." "SUCKS!!" "clarkson..." "SUCKS!!" etc..

Re: Response to "Albany"
Posted by: atb9 (---.nycap.rr.com)
Date: March 16, 2004 05:22PM

because then we look like sore losers. I was happy when other fans supported the Red in Albany last year and I plan on returning the favor this year.

Posted by: BIG RED ONE (---.accel.cornell.edu)
Date: March 16, 2004 05:29PM

true, that's a valid point.. however, i don't really care much about what others would think.. i think we should just aim to create hostile atmosphere for everyone.

lynah faithfuls were never ashamed to chant "safety school" at the end of home games that we lost.. doesn't that sound like something sore losers would say?? but hey, everyone does it. the only thing certain is that we're all proud to be cornell fans and we don't care what other people think of us.. we just want them to hate and fear lynah.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 16, 2004 05:39PM

If you're going to go to Albany and heckle everyone (and I honestly have no problem with that, since it'd be pretty hypocritical of me to do so after I did that after we lost at the FF last year), you should try to be more creative than that. :-P

Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: March 16, 2004 07:16PM

While I think it's a bad idea to go to Albany with the explicit intention of heckling all of the players in attendance, I will say that I had fun at the Harvard vs. Dartmouth semifinal last year, instead of saying "Goalie! Sieve!", pointing to each goal and just saying "Sieve! Sieve! Sieve! Sieve!" :-D

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: March 16, 2004 07:53PM

There's nothing wrong with heckling both sides at Albany. Just don't do it with the same level of vitriol that you would if Cornell were playing. Which shouldn't really be hard to do. General heckling can be loads of fun when done in the spirit of fun. I had a lot of fun rooting for Cornell in the NCAA final last year (though not nearly as much fun as if we were actually playing).

Most of all, enjoy the hockey! If you go, wear your Cornell gear with pride and show that Cornell hockey fans are supporters of the game of college hockey.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: March 16, 2004 10:25PM

[Q]BIG RED ONE Wrote:

lynah faithfuls were never ashamed to chant "safety school" at the end of home games that we lost.. doesn't that sound like something sore losers would say?? but hey, everyone does it. the only thing certain is that we're all proud to be cornell fans and we don't care what other people think of us.. we just want them to hate and fear lynah. [/Q]
Have to say I disagree with you here. Chanting safety school after a loss does sound like sour grapes and I was ashamed to hear it. Personally, I do care what others think and I think that's what makes a civil society. As has been said before cheer and chant all you want during the game, but my view is once it's over, it's over and then try and be civil.

After all, not doing that makes us look like Colgate fans nut .

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: March 16, 2004 11:05PM

[Q]Jim Hyla Wrote:
After all, not doing that makes us look like Colgate fans .
[/Q]
Or Clarkson players rolleyes

Posted by: Greg Berge (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: March 16, 2004 11:19PM

At Boston Gahden in 1985, when RPI beat Cornell in the semis and played Harvard in the finals, we had a full contingent of Faithful who did just that, rooting against both teams. During the season, Bill Cleary had had numerous "the coach is bald!" and Mike Addessa had had numerous "the coach is fat!" chants against them. One of the high points of the final was the Faithful in full voice alternately pointing and chanting, "Bald!.... Fat!... Bald!... Fat!" Even the fans of the other teams thought that was hilarious.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2004 11:20PM by .

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: March 17, 2004 08:28AM

If you just go to a game and shout obscenities and scatological remarks, you look like a stupid little dick, no matter whether you're rooting for Cornell, or just against whomever is playing. If you're OK with that, go for it. It's your right to be an asshole. And if the other schools have any fans, you can be sure they'll let you know when you crossed the line.

Just don't do it in a Cornell sweater, OK?

JH

Posted by: GoRaiders (---)
Date: March 17, 2004 11:52AM

While I can't imagine this would change your mind about 'Gate fans after the crap the frat boys pull at Starr each year, I can almost guarantee they won't be in Albany. Most of them tend to only show up for a few games during the season, primarily the Cornell game. Unfortunately, you guys are the unlucky ones that have to suffer the consequences of that.

I would guess the Colgate fans in Albany will be the "true" Colgate fans. Won't be nearly as many as you, or perhaps Dartmouth, but we'll be there.

Posted by: Avash (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: March 17, 2004 11:02PM

You know, according to the USCHO schedules page, we may be playing on Saturday! nut

(No, really, look at it....)

Posted by: RichS (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 19, 2004 04:10AM

Explain please...Thanks.

Posted by: Pete Godenschwager (---.253.86.124-dhcp.chem.cornell.edu)
Date: March 19, 2004 08:39AM

[Q]Explain please...Thanks.[/Q]

the uscho schedule page had the "Clarkson/Cornell" (instead of Clarkson/Colgate) winner playing in the championship game on Saturday. Don't know if they've fixed it or not.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2004 08:40AM by .

Posted by: Avash (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: March 19, 2004 09:31AM

[Q]Pete Godenschwager Wrote:

Explain please...Thanks.

the uscho schedule page had the "Clarkson/Cornell" (instead of Clarkson/Colgate) winner playing in the championship game on Saturday. Don't know if they've fixed it or not.

[/Q]

Yep, they fixed it :-)

And I'm outta here....have a good spring break (and if you're an alum, just, umm, have a good week, I guess :-P )

Posted by: KenP (---.abrfc.noaa.gov)
Date: March 19, 2004 11:33AM

[Q]Avash '05 Wrote:

And I'm outta here....have a good spring break (and if you're an alum, just, umm, have a good week, I guess ) [/Q]

Parents experience Spring Break too, albeit from a different perspective. nut

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: March 19, 2004 12:33PM

Alums experience spring break, too. We just do it about a month later...once all the students are gone and the beer cans have been cleaned up.:-P

JH

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.rr.com)
Date: March 19, 2004 03:01PM

[Q]GoRaiders Wrote:

While I can't imagine this would change your mind about 'Gate fans after the crap the frat boys pull at Starr each year, I can almost guarantee they won't be in Albany. Most of them tend to only show up for a few games during the season, primarily the Cornell game. Unfortunately, you guys are the unlucky ones that have to suffer the consequences of that.

I would guess the Colgate fans in Albany will be the "true" Colgate fans. Won't be nearly as many as you, or perhaps Dartmouth, but we'll be there. [/Q]

The drunken buffoons do make their mark. I am rooting for the Gate due to two factors. I have good friends who attended and will be there and your team was robbed in the 2000 regionals (OT loss to U of M). Cogate deserves a win to balance the screw they received in 2000(was it Noeth or some other blind man?).
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2004 03:02PM by .

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login