Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

vesce?

Posted by Zookey 
vesce?
Posted by: Zookey (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: March 13, 2004 10:46PM

why the hell didn't vesce play???

Re: vesce?
Posted by: Greg Berge (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: March 13, 2004 11:01PM

Um... maybe because he was hurt? Is that a problem? Did it spoil your weekend? Bet it affected him a tad more than you.

Posted by: calgARI '07 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: March 13, 2004 11:01PM

He took the warmup and said he couldn't go. So Pegoraro dressed between warmups and the first period. Probably related to the injury he has had most of the season. He probably could have gone, but likely didn't expect the rest of the team not to show up (hold Carefoot and Glover). I don't know for a fact, but I would be shocked if he didn't play tomorrow night.

Posted by: Junior (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: March 14, 2004 02:21AM

wow, greg berge, don't be an asshole. i think zookey was just asking a question. when the best player doesnt dress for the game some, of us would like to know why. take your anger out on that annoying guy giving that stupid ass horn head instead of honest fans who dont have all the inside info. k?

Posted by: gREG'S A JERKOFF (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: March 14, 2004 11:23AM

I second that Junior...looks like Greg was affected by the loss a tad more than we were. ASS HOLE.

Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: March 14, 2004 11:30AM

Guys, lay off of Greg, please. The way Zookey wrote his/her message, it sounded like he/she was personally offended by the fact that Vesce didn't play (the use of "why the hell..." and the three question marks). I'm guessing Greg interpreted it as such, and just wanted to defend Vesce's decision. Now, can't we all just get along and shout "Clarkson sucks!" together? :-)

Posted by: RedAR (---.gsd.harvard.edu)
Date: March 14, 2004 11:31AM

nice try facetimer. you're not fooling anyone.

Posted by: ice the puck (---.nycap.rr.com)
Date: March 14, 2004 02:33PM

Guys, grow up and act like Cornellians, or at least adults!

Posted by: Facetimer (---.biz.rr.com)
Date: March 14, 2004 03:09PM

Yes, there you guys go. Don't give into the bullying that is Greg Berge. Let him know how you feel, and that you're not going to tolerate his insults and egotistical behavior anymore! I applaud you junior.

Posted by: sockralex (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: March 14, 2004 05:09PM

We need a Native-American rain dance that makes Vesce healthy. Everyone gather around the fire now. Healthy-Vesce, Healthy-Vesce. banana DANCE DANCE!

Posted by: Luke 05 (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: March 14, 2004 05:27PM

Pegararo will not be dressing tonight.

Think happy thoughts...

Posted by: Lauren '06 (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: March 14, 2004 10:07PM

All right, now I'm concerned. Usually the scratches for any given game come and loiter around section A during warmups. McLeod and Pegoraro came around, but Vesce wasn't with them. I hope he's not seriously hurt, does anybody know?

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.ne.client2.attbi.com)
Date: March 14, 2004 10:11PM

[Q]Section A Banshee Wrote:

All right, now I'm concerned. Usually the scratches for any given game come and loiter around section A during warmups. McLeod and Pegoraro came around, but Vesce wasn't with them. I hope he's not seriously hurt, does anybody know? [/Q]
Concussion suffered in game one. I thought I heard Adam say he was in the rink, but maybe that was just a presumption on his part (or maybe I just heard Adam wrong).

Posted by: The Rancor (---.syr.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 14, 2004 11:38PM

word on the street is the sharks org. is interested in Ryan... many years of playing with Doug Murray being one reason. perhaps a reunion later this year or next season? either way good luck to ya!

Posted by: Trigger (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: March 14, 2004 11:49PM

He was injured in a hit-from-behind in game one. Anyone surprised that Clarkson's cheap-shot style of play resulted in problems, don't be. It was an assumption all along. They were attacking our best guys. It is not related to the other injury, either. And Vesce was in the rink, in fact he went over to pump ip the team during the pregame run about 90 minutes before the game. I believe he watched from either the press box or from behind the glass by the locker room. I know Pegararo was in the press box, but it is possible that Vesce wasn't with him.

Posted by: Chris 02 (---.larc.nasa.gov)
Date: March 15, 2004 09:19AM

[Q]Al DeFlorio Wrote:

Section A Banshee Wrote:

All right, now I'm concerned. Usually the scratches for any given game come and loiter around section A during warmups. McLeod and Pegoraro came around, but Vesce wasn't with them. I hope he's not seriously hurt, does anybody know?
Concussion suffered in game one. I thought I heard Adam say he was in the rink, but maybe that was just a presumption on his part (or maybe I just heard Adam wrong).

[/Q]

I'm certain I recall hearing Adam mention at one point that Vesce was sitting to his left or right in the press box and he could only imagine what the guy was feeling. (this comment was made late in the game).

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.ne.client2.attbi.com)
Date: March 15, 2004 09:43AM

[Q]Chris 02 Wrote:

Al DeFlorio Wrote:

Section A Banshee Wrote:

I'm certain I recall hearing Adam mention at one point that Vesce was sitting to his left or right in the press box and he could only imagine what the guy was feeling. (this comment was made late in the game).

[/Q]
That's what I recall, too, Chris. Someone else posted here on the forum that he saw Vesce in the rink.

Posted by: CowbellGuy (Moderator)
Date: March 15, 2004 09:47AM

He was standing on the wall near the locker rooms at some point on both nights.

Date: March 15, 2004 04:35PM

Vesce reagrrevated his groin injury that bothered him most of the season. The groin injury spread to his abdomen and will need surgery. He was done for the season and with no possibility of return. Wodon probalby confused Pegoraro with Vesce. As Age said, Vesce was standing on the wall near the locker room for all of both games. Pegoraro was in the press box thing Sunday night.

Posted by: Pete Godenschwager (---.253.86.124-dhcp.chem.cornell.edu)
Date: March 15, 2004 04:44PM

Is the groin injury in addition to the concussion?

Date: March 15, 2004 04:45PM

This board is the only place I heard about the concussion. Don't think he actually had one.

Posted by: ugarte (65.217.153.---)
Date: March 15, 2004 04:50PM

[Q]calgARI '07 Wrote:

This board is the only place I heard about the concussion. Don't think he actually had one. [/Q]I thought I heard it on the game broadcast.

Posted by: froboymitch (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: March 15, 2004 05:24PM

He actaully pulled a muscle in his glutus maximus to put it nicely. I talked to him and the other guys today in class

Also, yea they are all pissed that they lost, but more so at Nickerson.

Posted by: Pete Godenschwager (---.253.86.124-dhcp.chem.cornell.edu)
Date: March 15, 2004 05:56PM

[Q]This board is the only place I heard about the concussion. Don't think he actually had one.[/Q]

It was also in the Daily Sun. Doesn't mean it's true, but that's what they're sayin.

[www.cornelldailysun.com]

Posted by: dss28 (---.dmca.yale.edu)
Date: March 15, 2004 05:56PM

From the uscho recap:

"Meanwhile, Cornell played without senior captain Ryan Vesce for the second straight game. Vesce, the team's best faceoff man and an integral part of their special teams, suffered a concussion Friday night and saw his career come to an unfortunate end as he watched from behind one of the nets."

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login