Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Saturday Yale game to be televised

Posted by Beeeej 
Saturday Yale game to be televised
Posted by: Beeeej (---.udar.columbia.edu)
Date: March 04, 2002 01:51PM

This info kindly provided by Laura Stange, our SID:

--

This Saturday's (March 9) ECAC hockey playoff game between Cornell and Yale will be televised via NESN and Empire Sports. Saturday's game will NOT be televised in Ithaca on Time Warner Cable.

The games are available via DirecTV (channel 623 (NESN) and 626 (Empire)), but you need to have the sports package to get the broadcast.

NESN is also available via Dish Network (ch. 434). . . you will need the "America's Top 100" package or higher to get NESN on the Dish Network.

Direct satellite coordinates also available and are as follows:
KU Band
Satellite: AMC2
Transponder: 13

NESN will also broadcast the semifinal games (Friday, March 15 at 4 and 7:30 p.m.) and the championship game (Saturday, March 16 at 7:30 p.m.) live from Lake Placid (DirecTV ch. 623).

Empire will only have the championship game (Saturday, March 16 at 7:30 p.m.) from Lake Placid (DirecTV ch. 626).

Time Warner Cable in Ithaca WILL broadcast the Lake Placid games.

The direct satellite coordinates for the Lake Placid games are the same as posted above.

--

Beeeej

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Re: Saturday Yale game to be televised
Posted by: ugarte (63.94.240.---)
Date: March 04, 2002 01:54PM

Thank you Beeeej, Laura, NESN and Empire. Now I hope that I can watch.

Posted by: nshapiro (146.145.226.---)
Date: March 04, 2002 02:40PM

NESN website says they are on Satcom C-3 Transponder 14.....

are the direct satellite coordinates provided (KU band, sat AMC2, transponder 13) the actual uplink from Lynah?

Anyone in LA going to watch the game?
Posted by: pfibiger (---.we.client2.attbi.com)
Date: March 04, 2002 02:40PM

Hmm, now I need to start looking earlier for a sports bar in Los Angeles that gets NESN and will play the game. If there's anyone out here in ELF-land that lives in LA and wants to find someplace to watch the game, send me an email.

Phil

Re: Anyone in LA going to watch the game?
Posted by: nshapiro (146.145.226.---)
Date: March 04, 2002 02:45PM

I have been able to watch previous games at a local racetrack that had the DirecTV sports package, and many, many TV sets...might be an alternative to a sports bar

Posted by: jason (---.paulhastings.com)
Date: March 04, 2002 04:18PM

Wow! Although I'm hoping to be at the Saturday game (if the folks in the Cornell ticket office would just answer the damn phone!), that's great news. I hope this info gets put up by USCHO on their main page. It, along with the media coverage that Cornell hockey has received this year, has gone a long way to create an impression that Cornell is "big time" --good for recruiting I dare say.

Posted by: Greg Berge (---.metro1.com)
Date: March 04, 2002 04:40PM

Holy freaking sheet. Now I have to find a bar in Portland that will show it.

Yeah. Right.

Posted by: Melissa '01 (---.ip.termserv.net)
Date: March 04, 2002 05:35PM

ok. in advance. anyone who gets the game and is planning on taping it, wanna make some extra money$$ ??

Posted by: min '97 (---.res.gatech.edu)
Date: March 04, 2002 05:46PM

does this mean no hockeycam on saturday???

Possibly Taping Of Saturday Playoff Game
Posted by: twh2 (---.tnt40.bos2.da.uu.net)
Date: March 04, 2002 05:52PM

Good old NESN, they're always coming through. Living in Boston I get NESN on local cable. I'm not entirely sure if they will show that particular game in my area, they tend to show BU/BC and the rest of freakin hockey east all the time (Screw BU, bastards) but if they do play the Yale game you better be sure I'll be taping it. I don't break any laws ever, but if you want to email me to 'discuss' the game feel free;-)

Re: Possibly Taping Of Saturday Playoff Game
Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.ne.mediaone.net)
Date: March 04, 2002 06:28PM

Thom, the NESN web site says "ECAC quarterfinal" is scheduled for Saturday, March 9, at 7pm. Sounds like we eastern Mass types will really get to see it.

Possible Taping Of Saturday Playoff Game
Posted by: twh2 (---.tnt40.bos2.da.uu.net)
Date: March 04, 2002 06:56PM

Excellent news Al, that's just what I wanted to hearB-] Here's to seeing Cornell at the Worcester Centrum!!!

Posted by: marty'74 (---.nycap.rr.com)
Date: March 04, 2002 07:06PM

I wondered about exclusivity myself. Although I can't imagine a rinky dink network like NESN getting upset. Especially when the ECAC has to underwrite the broadcasts.

I can't wait to hear the master of gas "Whashisname Norton" tell the fans what prep schools the Eli's attended. Actually last year I had to be resuscitated because the old f#@t actually said something intelligent that I didn't realize. It just proves that you CAN learn from anyone.

Date: March 04, 2002 07:26PM

I'd love to have the game taped, since I seriously doubt I will be able to watch it, despite canvassing 3+ states.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.utb.edu)
Date: March 04, 2002 07:44PM

This is why I got DirecTV. Of course, I will end up attending every televised Cornell game this season (at least pre-NCAAs). Greg, you're welcome to come over to my place and watch the game, as long as you put the right tape in the VCR. ;-)

Date: March 04, 2002 07:48PM

I gotcha tape, right 'ere...

Re: Possible Taping Of Saturday Playoff Game
Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.ne.mediaone.net)
Date: March 04, 2002 08:11PM

>"Here's to seeing Cornell at the Worcester Centrum!!!"

I'll drink to that! And frequently have nut

Posted by: rhovorka (---.stny.rr.com)
Date: March 04, 2002 09:13PM

Hmm, now I need to start looking earlier for a sports bar in Los Angeles that gets NESN and will play the game.

Philip, I lived in LA for 2 years (when they had the regular ECAC game of the week). Depending on where you are, I can give you 3 suggestions:

Mr. Pockets on Sepulveda in Manhattan Beach. It's owned and/or managed by a guy from Colgate. He got a game on one of the TVs for me. [www.mrpockets.com] Good luck if there are big basketball games on though. I'd call in advance to see how crowded they are.

For the '99 ECAC championship game, JTW suggested I try the establishment of someone he was acquainted with from European hockey. On the Waterfront Cafe in Venice Beach. Stephan Backofner was a terrific host, put the game on the big-screen over the bar in back (supplanting a basketball game) and watched with me while talking hockey. Because of that experience, I highly recommend it. [www.waterfrontcafe.com]

And up in Pasadena, the Crown City Brewery hosted the annual Clarkson-RPI satellite game. The same night, Cornell-UVM was the ECAC GOTW. We got that on a small TV with no sound. Definitely call ahead there.
[www.crowncitybrewery.com]

Of course that's just my experience. There are at least HUNDREDS of sports bars with DTV in the Southland.

Oh, and since I get Empire on my basic cable, I'll be setting the VCR.

Posted by: jason (---.paulhastings.com)
Date: March 04, 2002 09:40PM

About the ECAC underwriting this game (which I'm assuming is true since it has always been that way for past games as far as I know), has it always been the case that there would be one QF game broadcasted and the decision was now just made that it would be the Cornell game? Or was this a recent agreement b/w the ECAC and NESN/Empire? It would be interesting if this was a recent development since I'd be curious to know how it came about. (NESN/Empire desperate for programming and giving the ECAC a discount? ECAC trying to showcase its one perceived powerhouse? Me with way too much time on my hands? wait-a-minute...)

Posted by: Howie Madris (---.elnk.dsl.gtei.net)
Date: March 05, 2002 12:18AM

There is no organized viewing by the Cornell LA alumni for the Yale game. However, we will be watching the ECAC finals at Johnny Foxx's in Culver City, I believe (assuming we're in it)- I think we're doing it at night on tape delay- should be referenced in the upcoming alumni newsletter. I have Directv, will record it and have it shown there. Also, we will be watching C.U.'s NCAA game(s)- stay tuned for details! Email me if you're interested in any of this and I'll make sure you're put on the distribution list.

Posted by: IthacaGirl (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: March 05, 2002 02:27AM

Hey all you fellow Big Red fans in LA!

I am out here for the semester and was so psyched when i saw that other people in LA want to watch the game too! I live up near Burbank, so I am going to give the Burbank Bar and Grill a call and see if they will show the game for me. There usually is like no one there on Sat afternoons and I know they have satellite TV. If anyone is interested in watching with me and my friends, e-mail me and I will let you know what they say!! Or if anyone knows of anywhere else close to here, definitely let me know! Let's go red!!!

Posted by: jy3 (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: March 05, 2002 09:54AM

i wonder if the games are going to be on time warner in syracuse. the new direct cable may be showing. of course i will be at the games but i am curious :-D

Posted by: Dianne '99 (---.sonomatech.com)
Date: March 05, 2002 01:56PM

Okay, stupid me, I forgot my user name so I can't get logged-in to post...

Anyway, since the LA fans are organizing group viewings of the games, are there other San Francisco area folks that want to meet somewhere? I just got DirecTV installed this morning, but I do not have the sports package. If there's interest, I'd get it for a month so we can watch all the games. I'm not sure if my email will show up when I'm not logged in, so here it is again: dsmiller10@msn.com

Posted by: ugarte (63.94.240.---)
Date: March 05, 2002 05:07PM

If the game is being televised, will HockeyCam be in effect?

Posted by: Brunke (216.133.202.---)
Date: March 05, 2002 06:18PM

PLEASE keep lynahcam running. as much as i would love to skip out on two exams i have next week and fly up to ithaca (i had the prices up jy3, was THISSSS close) alas i wont be able to (damn conscience) so please keep those in far away lands blessed with the lynahcam

Posted by: howiem (---.elnk.dsl.gtei.net)
Date: March 06, 2002 12:51AM

we're watching at johnny fox's in culver city on 3/9- disregard my prior message that we're not watching prior to the lake placid tourney- i reconsidered. check the "watching in LA" thread above for the location, etc. Also, that post has info re future games.

Posted by: CowbellGuy (---.biotech.cornell.edu)
Date: March 06, 2002 11:19AM

Unless I get told otherwise, I'm planning on doing it. I have permission from the ECAC to use their broadcasts for eLynah clips, so hopefully it won't be a problem.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.utb.edu)
Date: March 06, 2002 12:19PM

Given that there's no RealVideo stream, it doesn't seem like direct competition; I'd expect that people who have access to both broadcasts would go with the TV one anyway.

Date: March 06, 2002 12:31PM

Well, I just found out there won't be a team camera on Saturday, so if there's a LynahCam broadcast it will be the TV feed. I'll let people know what's up when I have an idea.

Date: March 06, 2002 03:39PM

I'll be getting video feed from the TV production in Lynah with the usual audio feed from the radio. Thanks to Laura Stange for making the arrangements.

TV feed on eLynah
Posted by: Keith K (---.lmco.com)
Date: March 06, 2002 04:03PM

Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Many thanks Age and Laura.

I was kind of thinking that the team would still want their own game tape since the team feed generally shows more wide shots with positioning than the close up stuff you often get on TV (the camera work for the Clarkson game notwithstanding...) But I bet the reason is there's just not enough room for cameras to have two center ice cameras.

Posted by: marty'74 (---.nycap.rr.com)
Date: March 06, 2002 05:54PM

Awesome!!!!

Thanks to you both. My overdue paypal payment is on the way.

I will be in Ithaca but Age, you are one fantastic fanatical fan.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login