Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Yacey's mom has got it going on

Posted by Big Red Dog 
Yacey's mom has got it going on
Posted by: Big Red Dog (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: January 24, 2004 10:31PM

Great abuse of Yacey tonight....Extra points to the guy who found the poor sieve's cell phone number....:-D

Re: Yacey's mom has got it going on
Posted by: Section A (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: January 24, 2004 10:39PM

603-646-XXXX

(Ben F. is actually completely right in his later post, so I've removed the actual number out of sportsmanship and because at this point, it's just unnecessarily spiteful. I just want to mention real quick that Jessiman yelled "Fuck off" over at sections A and B twice after the game ended. Now THAT was completely unnecessary. )

Post Edited (01-25-04 00:20)

Posted by: dss28 (---.client.comcast.net)
Date: January 24, 2004 10:48PM

I heard it on the i2 broadcast... when I found out what it was, I was laughing uncontrollably. I can see it now:

Yacey's on the bus on the way home. He reaches for his cell phone and turns it on.
"You have. 546 new messages. First message. 'YOU SUCK!' End of message. To erase this message, press 7. To save it, press 9."

Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: January 24, 2004 10:49PM

I thought it was a brilliant thing to do. On the one hand, it's sort of crossing a line into invasion of privacy. On the other hand, I'm pissed that we lost, so everyone on campus (whose phone numbers are masked from caller ID) should call that number and leave some nasty messages. :-D

Posted by: Ben Doyle 03 (---.nyc.rr.com)
Date: January 24, 2004 11:22PM

... or just call from a cell that can block its number from being seen.

Post Edited (01-24-04 23:22)

Posted by: Dart~Ben (---.Kiewit.dartmouth.edu)
Date: January 24, 2004 11:27PM

FYI, any 603-646-XXXX # is an on-campus number at Dartmouth, not a cell phone number. And honestly, the fact that you are posting it, regardless of if you lost or not, is pretty sh***y, IMO.

Post Edited (01-24-04 23:28)

Posted by: dOwns (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: January 24, 2004 11:39PM

Yeah Ben, and the reason you're on here is beyond me..

Posted by: Dart~Ben (---.Kiewit.dartmouth.edu)
Date: January 25, 2004 12:05AM

A) Jessiman's done some pretty unsportsmanlike things the last 3 games, not the least of which was mouthing off to Hansen and drawing a game misconduct at the 65:00 mark against Clarkson. The fact that he cussed at Lynah fans doesn't surprise me, he's almost turning into Boucher as far as how big of a head case he's become.

As far as why I'm here, I've gotten along with the Cornell fans I've met em in person every time especially at Worcester two years ago and Albany last year. The fact that there's a couple of them who choose to act otherwise online (and who shall remain nameless) doesn't mean I don't respect Cornell's fans or consider those who I've met friends. And I'm not referring to Avash, who proved himself a sportsman by withdrawing Yacey's phone #.

Posted by: HOTELCALIFORNIA (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: January 25, 2004 12:09AM

Avash.. how could you hear him?

Date: January 25, 2004 12:12AM

Well he skated over and a little lip-reading was involved, plus the Rink was quiet and stunned at the time of the celebration. Trust me, he said "fuck off". Whatever though, I don't even care anymore. This is almost getting childish. All I care about now is our team getting better this week in practice and playing well in two REALLY important games next weekend. After all, like Schafer said in the game recap (see USCHO), they played their hearts out this weekend, and it was a couple unfortunate things that happened in the last 5 minutes of the game today. Hopefully we show the same heart in the series against Colgate.

Post Edited (01-25-04 00:13)

Posted by: HOTELCALIFORNIA (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: January 25, 2004 12:21AM

Amen.

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.rr.com)
Date: January 25, 2004 08:38AM

Hope to meet you in Albany, Ben.:-)

I think polite posters from the opposition are always welcome. And I rue the day that I corrected Rich S. as I think he has been lurking since then - for no good reason. He was fine as a guest IMO, too.

visitors
Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.no.no.cox.net)
Date: January 25, 2004 11:46AM

dOwns wrote:
Yeah Ben, and the reason you're on here is beyond me..
Most of us welcome contributions from thoughtful fans of other teams, like Ben from Dartmouth, ursaminor from RPI, Rich S from Clarkson, and Mark from BU. When the game is over you've got to realize that we all love this sport, and the things that unite us are greater than the things that divide us.

Posted by: jkahn (---.client.comcast.net)
Date: January 25, 2004 11:58AM

Ben - It's great to get your contibutions to this Forum. Having a different perspective adds a lot to this board, especially from someone who knows and loves the game. Keep on posting.

Posted by: Facetimer (---.biz.rr.com)
Date: January 25, 2004 01:28PM

Ben you are a facetimer. Get your own forum.

And Jessiman is an asshole for sporting the jerking off sign at the end of the game. If he can't handle the pressure of Lynah Rink, how is he going to handle the Garden? It's not like he contributed anything to the win last night. I hope his coach punishes him severely -- afterall, Lynah is for families, and there are some young children who witnessed his foolish behavior.

Re: visitors
Date: January 25, 2004 01:31PM

[Q]Most of us welcome contributions from thoughtful fans of other teams, like Ben from Dartmouth, ursaminor from RPI, Rich S from Clarkson, and Mark from BU. When the game is over you've got to realize that we all love this sport, and the things that unite us are greater than the things that divide us.[/Q]

Well said! There was also that JP Morosi kid from Harvard who wrote for the Crimson.

Posted by: pavlov (---.nycap.rr.com)
Date: January 25, 2004 03:37PM

Facetimer wrote:

Ben you are a facetimer. Get your own forum.

And Jessiman is an asshole for sporting the jerking off sign at the end of the game. If he can't handle the pressure of Lynah Rink, how is he going to handle the Garden? It's not like he contributed anything to the win last night. I hope his coach punishes him severely -- afterall, Lynah is for families, and there are some young children who witnessed his foolish behavior.

Ben,

The good doctor would like to point out that Facetimer has been outed as a transexual lesbian. Any comments about Jessiman's antics are no doubt due to his/her/its frustration that he now has nothing left to "pull".

Ben, you are a well adjusted young man and a fine addition to the forum.

Dr. Pavlov

Posted by: Dart~Ben (---.Kiewit.Dartmouth.EDU)
Date: January 25, 2004 04:39PM

Thanks for the comments, and don't worry, I've been lurking long enough this season to know about facetimer and his ilk.

Hope I run into some of you in 2 weeks.

Posted by: Greg Berge (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: January 25, 2004 05:33PM

[q]outed as a transexual lesbian[/q]

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Post Edited (01-25-04 17:34)

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: January 26, 2004 08:05AM

They even mentioned on the Dartmouth broadcast that the faithful were chanting Yacey's number, and gave them props for creativity.

JH

Posted by: jy3 (---.stny.rr.com)
Date: January 27, 2004 06:52PM

yeah jessiman did say f*uck off

also, glass stole water from mckee's bottle. i had a dirty thing i wanted to yell at him but decided it was not appropriate. :)

Posted by: ugarte (65.217.153.---)
Date: January 28, 2004 07:12PM

jy3 wrote:

yeah jessiman did say f*uck off

also, glass stole water from mckee's bottle. i had a dirty thing i wanted to yell at him but decided it was not appropriate. :)
If you use the * and the u are you really censoring anything?

In any event, why were people upset at Jessiman? You spent the whole game maligning him and his teammates. Why should he show any more class than you did? (I'm not saying that Lynah should behave any differently, but once you set the rules for the arena you should have thicker skin.)

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 28, 2004 07:31PM

Yeah, but we're not allowed to say "fuck". nut

Posted by: Big Red Dog (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: January 28, 2004 09:17PM

Which isn't necessarily a bad thing...just think how much more effective chanting a phone number is!

Posted by: Ack (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: January 28, 2004 11:01PM

Did anyone who called get a response?

Posted by: dss28 (---.client.comcast.net)
Date: January 28, 2004 11:03PM

One of my friends said all they got was James Earl Jones: "Welcome to Verizon Wireless."

Posted by: chris '06 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: January 28, 2004 11:06PM

we called and managed a voice mail saying "you've reached daniel"

Posted by: BigD (---.clarityconnect.net)
Date: January 28, 2004 11:08PM

I play adult league hockey as well as belonging to the Lynah Faithful. We have an unwritten rule, not unlike other sports, other parts of life, or other levels of competition which is very helpful. What happens on the ice stays on the ice. It's a great rule in that it allows for visitors to this web site who are fans of other teams - something that improves the value of the forum for all of us - and still allows the Faithful to heap all the abuse they like on visiting teams. The rules of good sportsmanship, however, do not allow people like Jessiman to perpetrate their puerile behavior.

Posted by: kaelistus (---.c3-0.smr-ubr1.sbo-smr.ma.cable.rcn.co)
Date: January 28, 2004 11:53PM

Just in case, here's another Cornellian voicing his support in the general Ben direction. A true college hockey fan, and he definitely leaves a positive mark here...

Date: January 29, 2004 11:32AM

BigD wrote:
The rules of good sportsmanship, however, do not allow people like Jessiman to perpetrate their puerile behavior.
But the rules of "give me a fucking break" also dictate that people who have been calling him an asshole for the better part of two hours aren't exactly entitled to act offended.

Posted by: Greg Berge (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: January 29, 2004 11:35AM

> But the rules of "give me a fucking break"

A great concept. These ought to be codified. ;-)

Posted by: Keith K '93 (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: January 29, 2004 12:29PM

The players on the ice probably should be held to a higher standard than the fans and they probably are in general (by their coaches). Jessiman had better grow a thicker skin if he hopes to succeed at MSG. What's he going to do when his own fans are screaming at him?

That said, any fan who is offended by his response needs to get a clue. If nothing else, the fact that he felt the need to say something means that the crowd got under skin a little. Rather than be offended we should be pleased at a job well done.

Date: January 29, 2004 01:55PM

Keith K '93 wrote:

The players on the ice probably should be held to a higher standard than the fans and they probably are in general (by their coaches). Jessiman had better grow a thicker skin if he hopes to succeed at MSG. What's he going to do when his own fans are screaming at him?

That said, any fan who is offended by his response needs to get a clue. If nothing else, the fact that he felt the need to say something means that the crowd got under skin a little. Rather than be offended we should be pleased at a job well done.
Exactly, Keith. My reaction is more in the nature of "glass houses" rather than an endorsement of Jessiman's behavior.

As fans, we reap what we sow. Jessiman gave us exactly the kind of reaction we were going for. One of my favorite Lynah memories is getting flipped off by a Colgate player during the pre-3d period skate after having flipped off the Raiders from my seat in the 1st row of G during the skatearounds before the 1st and 2d periods. And who doesn't fondly remember Boucher giving up a goal while razzing the crowd?

Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: January 29, 2004 02:53PM

big red apple wrote:

As fans, we reap what we sow. Jessiman gave us exactly the kind of reaction we were going for. One of my favorite Lynah memories is getting flipped off by a Colgate player during the pre-3d period skate after having flipped off the Raiders from my seat in the 1st row of G during the skatearounds before the 1st and 2d periods. And who doesn't fondly remember Boucher giving up a goal while razzing the crowd?

Precisely what I'm thinking. It's even the same thing when the goalie appears to be screwing with the crowd's "Skate-skate-turrrrrrrrrn..." because that just means he's actually listening to us. The more attention he gives to the crowd, the less attention he gives to the game. Every little bit counts.

Posted by: D! (---.hr.hr.cox.net)
Date: January 29, 2004 04:08PM

Someone remind me which goalie was the one (I think from either UVM or Union) who ended up breaking his stick over the crossbar in frustration from the result of the game and the razzing of the crowd? ...yet another golden moment. I went over to get said stick as a memento, but before it could get handed over, I think one of the fraternities claimed a sort of 'seniority' dibs on it.

Posted by: Keith K '93 (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: January 29, 2004 04:27PM

A goalie breaking his stick in frustration doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the crowd. Kaltiainen of BC did that last year and it probably didn't have much to do with Cornell fans as with Matt McRae.

Posted by: Facetimer (---.biz.rr.com)
Date: January 29, 2004 10:17PM

Keith K '93 wrote:

Jessiman had better grow a thicker skin if he hopes to succeed at MSG.

Hey asshole, I already said that...get some of your own ideas.

[elf.elynah.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login