Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Next year's schedule

Posted by Will 
Next year's schedule
Posted by: Will (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: March 02, 2002 09:23AM

Anyone know if there is a listing somewhere of what next year's schedule is going to look like? I just want to start planning out my road trips now, really far in advance. ;)

On a separate but equally important note, this past November, I went to the Harvard game at Bright. My friend was the one that got us the tickets, although they were standing room only. Can anyone here tell me when the ideal time would be to call for tickets to the Harvard game for actual seats? My legs got kinda cramped standing up the entire game without being able to sit down in between periods. ;)

Re: Next year's schedule
Posted by: KeithK (---.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net)
Date: March 02, 2002 11:56AM

Usually you can't find next year's schedule until sometime early in the summer. I am pretty sure that BU is scheduled to come to Lynah for a pair, which would probably come over Thanksgiving. But for everything else you'll have to wait...

Re: Next year
Posted by: Greg Berge (---.dial.spiritone.com)
Date: March 02, 2002 01:06PM

I think we may be *penciled* (read: don't make plans) in for the Everblades, as well. It has become something of Cornell's de facto "home" Christmas tournament. I have no idea who the opponents would be, though the organizers seemed very happy with last year's field.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Mike revive his CCHA contacts and try for a game with an NCAA-caliber team, playing off Cornell's year-long high rankings. Michigan or Michigan State, anyone? We'd probably have to go there, though.

Hopefully, the consequences of so much riding on this year's double overtime loss to NMU will motivate Cornell to go out and schedule as many highest caliber opponents as they can get their hands on. We've accused the nationally ranked teams of forming their own little scheduling clique. Well, now Cornell is a member of that group, and should take advantage.

Re: Next year
Posted by: KeithK (---.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net)
Date: March 02, 2002 01:11PM

I still suspect we'll end up with at least one "patsy" game to start the year in addition to the usual Canadian warmup. But hopefully we'll at least try to get someone like Mercyhurst or Amherst for that.
I just hope we don't have an agreement to travel to Huntsville!

Posted by: Greg Berge (---.dial.spiritone.com)
Date: March 02, 2002 01:33PM

Let's avoid Sacred Heart. They've got our number. ;-)

My dream NC schedule for next year:

November:

Mercyhurst (H)
BU (H)
BU (H)

December:

Michigan State (A)
Michigan State (A)
Northern Michigan (N)
Maine (N)

Mercyhurst as the opener.
BU over Thanksgiving (confirmed).
Michigan State in a home and home series.
Same field in Estero.

Theoretically, all 7 could be TUC's with good records. It has a good venue balance, and sets up a home commitment for 2004. It gives Cornell a *chance* to play with the best all year long, and let the ice chips fall where they may.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: March 02, 2002 02:01PM

Contact the athletic dept. scheduling office. I don't have the lady's name at home, but I'm sure the athletic dept. can get you to her. They do know some of the schedule already. Since I have to make up my on-call schedule a year in advance, I always call her during the beginning of one season for next season's schedule. Un fortunately it's never written in stone, but they do have something.

I'm going skiing till Friday. If you can't get anything, email me and I might be in the office next Friday to give you what I have. All I know from my home schedule is that they are not at home on Nov. 15, since I'm on-call that weekend.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.ne.mediaone.net)
Date: March 02, 2002 02:24PM

Sue Detzer (pronounced deetzer) runs the hockey office for Coach Schafer. She's really terrific.:-)

sld6@cornell.edu

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: March 02, 2002 03:53PM

But I'm not sure she does the scheduling. She can sure tell you who to contact however. Thanks, Al.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login