Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Everblades in Boston

Posted by RedAR 
Everblades in Boston
Posted by: RedAR (---.harvard.edu)
Date: December 16, 2003 01:03AM

OK, for those of us in the Boston area, are there any plans to get to a bar that will air the tourny? Or does anyone get CSTV who is willing to host a small red contingent?

Re: Everblades in Boston
Date: December 26, 2003 09:51PM

So, is anybody in the Boston area planning on meeting up anywhere? Or do you guys have any suggestions as to locations? I'm thinking of calling Jillians, but I doubt they'll really take me seriously unless I I have at least a small group together.

Date: December 27, 2003 10:56AM

Obviously, there is very little interest in watching in Boston, but I just called a bunch of bars in the Boston area, and found a bar willing to put on the game.

McGann's Pub
197 Portland, Boston, MA 02114
(617) 227-4059

One catch, because of the Patriot's game today, they won't put on the hockey game until the football game is over (which should be by about 4:30).

I'm planning on heading over here to watch the game. If anyone else in the area wants to stop by, I'd love to have a small cheering section going.

Post Edited (12-27-03 10:57)

Posted by: Robin (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: December 27, 2003 11:26AM

If you go to a place with a number of different screens, they shouldn't have a huge hangup about having one TV on college hockey. I went to Champs in Indy and asked for one of the playoff games last year, as well as a Sox v. Yankees game wth Roger pitching and they did not care.....but perhaps being female helped.....

Posted by: RedAR (---.gsd.harvard.edu)
Date: December 27, 2003 02:57PM

I feel like I'm talking to myself here, but in case anyone is interested, Robin L, John Beaber, and I will be at McGann's this afternoon (location posted previously). If you're in the Boston area, feel free to drop in to root on the Red.

Date: December 27, 2003 10:16PM

(Soon to be Dr.) John Beaber, (Dr.) Robin, and (hopefully soon to be Dr.) RedAR took the T over to McGann's pub in Boston, and I have to say, they were extremely accomodating. Toward the end of the Patriots game, the owner flipped between the Pats and Cornell games. Then, once the Pat game was over, the three of us clearly took over the bar. Though it was an Irish bar, it was clearly the (3) Cornell fans that the bar catered too. The HUGE projection screen and all the TV's in the bar were tuned to the Cornell vs. Notre Dame game, no one bothered us as we became increasingly vocal in our cheers as Cornell tacked on the goals throughout the game.

I spoke with the bartenders, and they will definitely be showing the game tomorrow afternoon, so if anyone in the Boston area is reading this post, please drop in tomorrow. Doc. Robin, John Beaber, and Lisa McGill will be heading over to watch either LeNeveu or JMP play tomorrow, so as of now, I will be the only Cornell fan at McGann's tomorrow. I would again love to have some company to hopefully celebrate our 1st Everblades Championship tomorrow.

(btw, I drank a beer for every goal we scored tonight, so was quite happy by the end of the game)

Post Edited (12-27-03 22:18)

Posted by: Tom Pasniewski 98 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: December 27, 2003 11:16PM

Arrr...tis the Patriots a fine spectacle of a game t'day matey. A mighty good day to keep yer opponents scoreless. Them Beabers and Doc Robin's be traitors, ya say, for abandonin' ya when the hardware's on ye line round 'bout 'morrow. Alas, I shall try to saunter over for a brew and a Buckeye bashing at McGann's to make up for my compatriots absence but lo, I feah that I may not be 'round the neck in time for I be travelin' back from County Nassau in the early 'noon. Perhaps I be leavin' a bit maah twaads the mor'in now.

Read, I'll try to be there but I may not be back from holiday festivities in time. And now back to enjoying my bottle of Bailey's to celebrate both shutouts.

Tom 'who fears the Pats will next be playing at the same time as the game at Brown' P.

Posted by: dss28 (---.client.comcast.net)
Date: December 28, 2003 12:47PM

I will be there, RedAR. I'm small, but I can yell pretty loudly. :)

Date: December 28, 2003 07:38PM

First off, sorry to Alex, dss, and Tom for my tardiness. I lost track of time while working this afternoon, and only left at around 4. Of course, I had initially thought game time was at 4:30, but regardless, I didn't get to the bar till almost 5:00PM.

That being said, I didn't think that you guys would have left so early. Hopefully, you were able to find another bar to watch the game at, but this was a sorely needed OOC win tonight.

So, in the end, I ended up watching the game solo at the bar tonight. However, there was a guy with a Harvard hockey (sucks) cap on, and I shot the sh*t with him during the second intermission.

In anycase, I'm really glad that I found a place to watch the games this weekend. Finally, I've gotten my hockey fix. Now, less than 2 weeks for our chance to pull off a Princeton against Hahvahd.

Posted by: dss28 (---.client.comcast.net)
Date: December 28, 2003 09:59PM

Hey Red, sorry about that... the only reason we left was because the kitchen had closed, and we all needed food while we watched the game. Ended up around the corner. Great game, though!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login