Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

bottle throwing

Posted by big red dog 
bottle throwing
Posted by: big red dog (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: December 06, 2003 12:10AM

so i think most of the people that post in here are section B'ers...and you guys probably didn't see the bottles thrown over from G (or maybe F)...but if u had, im sure u would be as pissed as all of us over in E...if your the idiot who threw that bottle and ur reading this...STOP THE BOTTLE THROWING OR STAY HOME...

Re: bottle throwing
Posted by: Greg Berge (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: December 06, 2003 01:17AM

On i2, between the second and third period a member of the rink staff seemed to be picking small objects off the ice and tossing them into the crowd. Were people throwing candy again?

Posted by: Gabe Heafitz 98 (---.csuglab.cornell.edu)
Date: December 06, 2003 02:23AM

No, I think candy accidentally bounced off people and onto the ice.

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: December 06, 2003 02:31AM

One of the idiot facetimers behind me in B tried, but it landed in the first row, thankfully.

And actually I did see one come out of the E-ish area... I though we might get a penalty.

Posted by: Ben Rocky '04 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: December 06, 2003 02:44AM

They got yelled a lot by my friends and i. we'll jump them tomorrow if they do it again.

Where people getting kicked out for swearing tonight?

Posted by: atb9 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: December 06, 2003 04:04AM

I saw at least four get kicked out from the home side of E--especially this one lady that thought she was immune to the rules because she's a female. The ushers were busy.

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: December 06, 2003 04:04AM

I saw a couple in B.

Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: December 06, 2003 07:59AM

I saw at least one person in E or F get kicked out for starting the cheer, "What's the color of shit? BROWN!" In reaction to that, a friend of mine started the cheer, "What's the color of doo-doo? BROWN!" Classic. :-D

Posted by: big red dog (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: December 06, 2003 10:11AM

is this a new thing?? these classless, less than educated, iq of a poptart people need to crawl back into the holes from which they came...i have really never been so angry at a fan! cuss

Kid who disses our team
Posted by: rsafploc 03 (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: December 06, 2003 11:36AM

At least you guys weren't at the top of B, where there was this kid who kept screaming at our players and said that they sucked whenever they slipped up. He didn't spare McKee too.. It's true that McKee didn't look sharp last night. But this kid kept going on as if he could step on the ice and kick some butt. Most intolerable.. I tried staring at him but he was just too self absorbed in his harsh and overly justified appraisals of the guys.

Re: Kid who disses our team
Date: December 06, 2003 11:47AM

Don't stare at him, call him out and tell him to stop ripping on our own players.

Posted by: Adam L (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: December 06, 2003 12:07PM

The people who were throwing bottles at the end of the game were in the last couple of rows of G. The people in my group were yelling at them to stop throwing stuff, but more and more bottles kept coming. Something really needs to be done about people like that...

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.ne.client2.attbi.com)
Date: December 06, 2003 01:26PM

Adam L wrote:

Something really needs to be done about people like that...
Has jy3 passed his lobotomy course yet? nut

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.rover.cornell.edu)
Date: December 06, 2003 02:36PM

Or just punch him in the head.

Posted by: jason (---.nrp6.mon.ny.frontiernet.net)
Date: December 06, 2003 02:53PM

One of the immutable laws of Cornell Hockey Fandom is that you never boo or insult our players. That dope should be given an earful by all the fans around him.

Posted by: Ack (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: December 07, 2003 03:36PM

That works too. A regular girl in lower section A accidentally yelled "Shut up!" to McKee when he was slapping his stick on the ice, signalling the Red that their power play was ending. Most of us laughed at her, didn't feel that she needed a punch to the face, but the girls with her (who spent the whole time at the hockey game talking about everything except hockey) kept going on...and on...and on...and on about her messing up (once). They also did not get any candy.

Props to the BR Pep Band on the "happy birthday" to McKee...I didn't think anyone else would have figured it out. KP, was that you? The band got candy.

Last year we chanted "Le-ne-veu" (3 syllables) often after games, it sounded great! This time it probably should have been "Dave Mc-Kee" (also 3) instead of the "Mc-Kee" chant which seemed to tire people out. Hopefully he'll come through more often like he did with Sucks, and stay on the ice with a thank-you wave of the stick. Deserving of candy.

- Santa Claus

Posted by: Ben Rocky '04 (---.campuslife.cornell.edu)
Date: December 07, 2003 03:55PM

Adam is right, they're in the top of G close to F. We yelled at them aswell. Next time ill just start swinging.

McKee chant
Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.ipt.aol.com)
Date: December 07, 2003 04:27PM

Mike Ack wrote:
Last year we chanted "Le-ne-veu" (3 syllables) often after games, it sounded great! This time it probably should have been "Dave Mc-Kee" (also 3) instead of the "Mc-Kee" chant which seemed to tire people out. Hopefully he'll come through more often like he did with Sucks, and stay on the ice with a thank-you wave of the stick. Deserving of candy.
Last night people seemed to be chanting "Dave Mc-Kee" after the shutout. At least that's what DeltaOne and I were doing before we joined in with the chant from B.

Re: McKee chant
Date: December 07, 2003 04:28PM

Glad you were; we were trying that too. I guess it was just a loud few behind us.

Posted by: ugarte (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: December 07, 2003 06:01PM

John T. Whelan '91 wrote:

Mike Ack wrote:
Last night people seemed to be chanting "Dave Mc-Kee" after the shutout. At least that's what DeltaOne and I were doing before we joined in with the chant from B.
It sounded like "DaveMcKeeDaveMcKeeDaveMckee" on the i2 cast. I could make out the name, but it sounded like a rapid fire chant.

Date: December 07, 2003 06:06PM

That could be it.... It was our first time with that, it'll get better. The team's getting better, crisper. AND, no one slipped and fell to lose the puck to an opposing player this weekend right after the ice had been resurfaced. That's where victory comes from...nice ice...................that and a goal that really did blow the roof off of Lynah.

Date: December 07, 2003 06:15PM

It was more like "Dave-Mc-KEE! Dave-Mc-KEE!", with the emphasis on the "Kee" and a short beat between each utterance of the name. Of course, if the crowd was out of sync, I imagine it would be easy for that to show up as a cheer without pauses on the webcast audio.

Posted by: Greg Berge (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: December 07, 2003 06:24PM

Some cheers sound like rounds ("row row row your boat...";) when B and D are out of sync. This happened with Gary Glitter last night.

Posted by: HOTELCALIFORNIA (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: December 07, 2003 07:02PM

Last night, I zoned out and for a moment all I heard was "Le-ne-veu".. I even caught myself saying that and stopped.. Kind of a sad flashback. Oh here we go... :`( :`( :`( :`( :`( :`( :`(

*HC

Date: December 07, 2003 07:42PM

I DID "row row row your boat" to Row on Brown.

Posted by: KenP (---.tu.ok.cox.net)
Date: December 07, 2003 09:39PM

They didn't play Gary Glitter until after I left ('92). What is the full cheer?

EDIT: never mind, i just remembered the cheer database

Post Edited (12-07-03 23:07)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login