Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

i2sports Game Video

Posted by Josh '99 
i2sports Game Video
Posted by: Josh '99 (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: November 21, 2003 05:43PM

Is there any way to purchase other than Paypal?

Re: i2sports Game Video
Posted by: crodger1 (---.abtassoc.com)
Date: November 21, 2003 05:49PM

I don't believe so. Season pass folks got an email about a week and a half ago that said, in part:

[q]Recent changes at our Internet Service Provider required us to switch
credit card processors from Verisign to Pay-Pal. We have just completed
transferring your subscriptions onto the new system.[/q]

Chris

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: November 21, 2003 05:54PM

Ah well, guess I'll deal with it. Thanks!

Posted by: skijmpr (---.midtn.chartertn.net)
Date: November 21, 2003 06:59PM

Hmm, I never got that email, and I did purchase the season package... uhoh

The new system doesn't seem to accept my login...

Date: November 21, 2003 07:04PM

Sonofa...my email program apparently must have filtered out that email as spam...sigh

Date: November 21, 2003 07:10PM

I wish those guys had a "Forgot password?" form on their site...kind of inconvenient to have to dig thru their entire site and find the only phone number to them under the job opportunities section rolleyes

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.no.no.cox.net)
Date: November 21, 2003 09:48PM

Yeah, that kind of screwed me up since the email I used to subscribe was a spam bait address I don't read often. uhoh

Date: November 24, 2003 12:30AM

Just to follow up on this, I was able to reach somebody at i2sports via phone about 5 mins before the start of the game Friday night, and he was very friendly and helped set me up with a username and password for the new system (apparently my email program filtered out the automated message they sent notifying subscribers of the change).

They reduced the size of the video window though. I tried opening the vid feed directly in Windows Media Player, so that I could scale it up, but there was discolorings in the image for some reason that were not present when I viewed it embedded in the web page. Maybe they could let you adjust the size based on your bandwidth.

Posted by: Ken '70 (---.town.ipswich.ma.us)
Date: December 05, 2003 10:14AM

How's the picture quality? Is it worth it?

Posted by: DisplacedCornellian (---.hr.hr.cox.net)
Date: December 05, 2003 10:27AM

Ken '70 wrote:

How's the picture quality? Is it worth it?

Well....it's not ESPN, but it isn't terrible either. It's worth it to me :-)

Posted by: Greg Berge (64.49.66.---)
Date: December 05, 2003 10:37AM

The picture is very sharp in the default (small) view, and very crappy in the full screen view. There is no in-between.

Posted by: Greg Berge (64.49.66.---)
Date: December 05, 2003 10:39AM

BTW, Jeff, that's an extremely good idea. I will forward it as a user CR to i2 and I recommend the rest of us do so as well.

Date: December 05, 2003 04:13PM

Some sites will do an auto-detection to set it initially, but then they have ~3 buttons, usually labelled something like:

Dial-up
Cable modem/DSL
T1 or higher

and I believe the speeds usually fall somewhere around, respectively:

56kbps
128-300kbps
300-512kbps

This amounts to the higher bandwidth streams being able to produce a larger default image in the browser window.

Posted by: jason (---.ip.e-nt.net)
Date: December 05, 2003 04:30PM

Full screen is indeed poor, but if you watch it in the WM player (rather than confined in the web page) and drag the window corner to adjust the size, I've found there's a pretty good size/quality compromise that is bigger than the default window size but well short of full screen. Plus, the extra screen real estate leaves me room for the chat program.

As for different sizes for different bandwidths, I think i2sports's philosophy is that if your not broadband (300kbps+), don't bother watching.

Posted by: kaelistus (---.c3-0.smr-ubr1.sbo-smr.ma.cable.rcn.)
Date: December 05, 2003 06:38PM

How do you make the live stream go to your WM player?

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.ne.client2.attbi.com)
Date: December 05, 2003 07:01PM

Greg Berge '85 wrote:

The picture is very sharp in the default (small) view, and very crappy in the full screen view. There is no in-between.
Their techie guy said if you right-click in the middle of the video, you get a menu allowing you to select full-screen or double-the-size. Haven't tried it as I'm watching directly in WMP and thus can stretch the video window.

Posted by: Ken '70 (---.ne.client2.attbi.com)
Date: December 05, 2003 07:02PM

I was wondering the same thing.

Anyone know how to open the stream in WM?

Date: December 05, 2003 07:06PM

Ken '70 wrote:

Anyone know how to open the stream in WM?
Open the video the standard way. Copy the URL address. Close the standard video window. Open WMP. Click "File" then "Open URL" and paste in the URL. It should open.

Else try right-clicking on the standard video window. I was told by the i2sports techie that you should get a choice of "full-screen" or double the original window size. Haven't tried it myself.

Posted by: Ken '70 (---.ne.client2.attbi.com)
Date: December 05, 2003 07:12PM

Unfortunately I get an "Unknown Error" when I try that.

When I tested it a month or so ago I could use WM, but I can't remember how I got it to work.

The i2sports player does only allow postage size or full screen.

Date: December 05, 2003 07:15PM

I got the "unknown error" also, so I closed the original video window and then pasted the URL into WMP and opened it. That worked.

Posted by: lmm9 _97 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: December 05, 2003 07:30PM

I get the Unknown Error and no combination of shutting the original feed and pasting the URL, etc. will make it work. Pbbbt.

Oh well, they're tiny hockey players, but they're clear.

Date: December 05, 2003 07:31PM

Have you tried right-clicking on the picture?

Posted by: lmm9 _97 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: December 05, 2003 07:51PM

Hey Al,
Yeah, I can zoom it up to full screen that way, and it looks pretty decent... And any version is a whole lot better than no way to see it at all :-D

Date: December 05, 2003 08:01PM

Is there a "double-the-size" option as well as full-screen?

Posted by: Dr Kamal Jabbour (128.253.251.---)
Date: December 05, 2003 08:05PM

You may wish to lower the resolution of your desktop to 800x600 - this way the 320x240 video occupies about 1/4 screen with pretty good quality.

If you go full screen, I recommend that you sit several feet away from the computer, the way you normally watch TV. The farther you sit, the clearer the picture!

Date: December 05, 2003 09:44PM

By the way, any chance you guys could keep the video rolling at the end until after the Cornell players do their fan salute? :-) Right now it drops down the blue score screen after handshakes, but if you add another minute of footage you get the salute too.

Post Edited (12-05-03 21:45)

Posted by: jason (---.nrp6.mon.ny.frontiernet.net)
Date: December 05, 2003 10:34PM

To get the video in the WM player you go through the log in process, then when you get the page with the embedded WM , right click on the black "screen" and choose properties. In properties, locate the url for the stream and highlight and copy it. Then close that browser window that has the embedded video. Open the WM player and choose File-->Open URL and paste in the copied url. You can then stretch the WM Player's dimensions just like any window.

Posted by: Dr Kamal Jabbour (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: December 06, 2003 08:34AM

I will instruct my director to keep the video rolling until the players clear the ice. No problem!

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.rr.com)
Date: December 06, 2003 08:41AM

Thanks!!!

:-D :-}:-) :-}:-D

Posted by: Greg Berge (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: December 06, 2003 09:30AM

For that matter, it would be great if the cameras rolled until after the announcers' wrap-up (5-10 minutes later). Realizing that there might be some contractual obligation to cut away within a certain timeframe, most (all?) of us are interested in the post-game audio.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: December 06, 2003 12:02PM

[Q]Dr Kamal Jabbour wrote:

I will instruct my director to keep the video rolling until the players clear the ice. No problem![/Q]Thanks for listening, or rather reading. It's refreshing to have someone who really cares about their audience. Now if you could only teach the AD ... twitch .

Posted by: skijmpr (---.cpe.newsouth.net)
Date: December 06, 2003 04:48PM

Thank you!!! B-]

Posted by: jbeaber1998 (---.c3-0.smr-ubr1.sbo-smr.ma.cable.rcn.com)
Date: December 06, 2003 05:54PM

Alright, paid for the harvard game. Should i be able to log-in around game time to watch it? Thanks

-J

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: December 06, 2003 05:59PM

Dr. Jabbour...

Really nice to see you paying attention to the fans. I also agree (although I'm there in person more often, but not every time), that it would be great to hear the post-game wrapup. Turn off the cameras if you want and just stream the audio, but if we get it for $7/month via OCSN, it'd be really nice to get it for $5/game from I2S .

Post Edited (12-06-03 18:38)

Date: December 06, 2003 06:19PM

John B '98 wrote:

Alright, paid for the harvard game. Should i be able to log-in around game time to watch it? Thanks

-J
Camera's on about 6:30, although it's not being tended. Pre-game radio show starts about then, too, and comes through on the broadcast.

Posted by: Adam (---.sj3.marketscore.com)
Date: December 06, 2003 06:51PM

Is anyone else getting error messages when trying to log in to i2sports tonight??

Posted by: judy (---.washdc3.elnk.dsl.genuity.)
Date: December 06, 2003 06:54PM

no. working fine

Posted by: Adam (---.ia4.marketscore.com)
Date: December 06, 2003 06:55PM

Nevermind. Error messages stopped on my third try. Maybe we're just overloading their servers tonight. ;-)

Posted by: Dan '81 (---.summit01.nj.comcast.net)
Date: December 06, 2003 08:50PM

I must be a total spaz, but I can't pay through PayPal. I'm a new user and it's asking me for my "expanded four digit code" that I apparently just paid $1.95 for. However, the note says that I'll get the number on my credit card statement, but it wants me to input it now! How the heck do I do that? I don't know the number, and I didn't see any screen telling me what it is. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. A little help??? Thanks.

Posted by: Chris 02 (---.norf.east.verizon.net)
Date: December 06, 2003 09:55PM

When I paid, it asked for an extra 3-digit number on the back of the credit card that is printed in the signature line. It's annexed onto the end of the number that is written there. Maybe the extra number is a different length for credit cards besides the one I used?

Posted by: jbeaber1998 (---.c3-0.smr-ubr1.sbo-smr.ma.cable.rcn.com)
Date: December 06, 2003 10:25PM

I have to say that I was impressed. I was glad I can hook my laptop up to my TV. Once I played around with the settings and put it on full screen, it looked pretty damn good! I highly recommend playing with it if you can get it on to your TV....

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.rr.com)
Date: December 06, 2003 10:28PM

And thanks, Dr. Jabbour, for the post game show too. :-)

I2 is really A1 in my book. B-]

Posted by: ugarte (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: December 06, 2003 11:11PM

I also put it on full screen and the resolution was pretty damn good. After reading everyone's comments I was expecting much worse. A little blurry, but I could follow the movement of the puck. Even though it kind of had that Fox Sports tail when it was shot hard.

Well done i2.

Posted by: kaelistus (---.c3-0.smr-ubr1.sbo-smr.ma.cable.rcn.)
Date: December 07, 2003 11:53AM

Yeah.. That was a great show. I would still love it if I2 sports would stop harassing me about using Netscape (Yes, it works just fine). but... It was a great broadcast.

Posted by: CowbellGuy (---.biotech.cornell.edu)
Date: December 08, 2003 09:55AM

Jim Hyla '67 wrote:
It's refreshing to have someone who really cares about their audience
For values of audience equaling audience running Windows.

Posted by: DisplacedCornellian (---.hr.hr.cox.net)
Date: December 08, 2003 10:10AM

:-|

Posted by: kaelistus (65.223.150.---)
Date: December 08, 2003 12:03PM

Hey.. Cowbell Guy is damn right to complain. He was providing a better audio/video than we've had over the last two years for FREE.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login