Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Hahvahd

Posted by Robin 
Hahvahd
Posted by: Robin (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: November 17, 2003 01:38PM

anyone affiliated with Harvard Sucks can purchase tickets to the Cornell hockey game.....they apparently do check the alumni directory (what do they have it on computer or something) tho.

Re: Hahvahd
Posted by: Robin (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: November 17, 2003 02:33PM

btw, what section(s) at Lynah East should we be asking for?

Posted by: RedAR (---.gsd.harvard.edu)
Date: November 17, 2003 04:10PM

according to the ticket office, they have a handful of tickets left for the game. last check, they said they had somewhere between 10 and 18 tickets left. they also said that they only have single seat tickets. just reporting what i heard.

if what they said is true, then i doubt you'll be able to ask for specific seats.

Posted by: gtsully (12.110.145.---)
Date: November 17, 2003 04:18PM

As close to the visitor's bench as possible - between sections 15-19 and you'll be surrounded by The Faithful. Harvard students are usually in 10-13. Harvard band is in 10, and Cornell in 16, if I remember correctly. Although Harvard didn't send their band to the Princeton game this weekend, so maybe they won't be there this year.

The whole side of the rink behind the Harvard bench and the penalty boxes is parents and season ticket holders, and is typically silent. I went for a Harvard-Brown playoff game a few years back and sat on that side with some friends of mine who went to Brown, and the dirty looks from all angles were palpable when we cheered loudly for Brown. Eventually, we just moved over to the Brown side because - surprise! - the game wasn't sold out.

Anyway, that's more info than you need, probably snore , so here's the layout of the rink:

Posted by: Robin (4.17.137.---)
Date: November 18, 2003 12:09PM

My uncle, harvard undergrad and law alum, called to get tix this AM. They told him they had to call him back because 'the computer' was down. He got a call back and said that tickets were sold out yesterday afternoon. Surprising considering they were only selling to Harvard affiliated people. Any idea on how one can get tickets to this game? I can probably get one for myself, but have not been to a harvardsucks vs Cornell game at which my uncle attended....he needs a ticket. :-p GO CORNELL.
HARVARD SUCKS. I am still a little confused on how they sold out already......

RBL

Date: November 18, 2003 12:18PM

I'm curious to know how many people bought the 4 game package. Have enough Cornell fans purchased the package that the game is sold out?

Posted by: Chris Moberg (---.pivot.net)
Date: November 18, 2003 12:19PM

Beth and I bought 4 packages about 3 weeks ago.

Chris

Date: November 18, 2003 12:29PM

I bought the 4-pack, but I also know a few Harvard-affiliated people who were trying to get tickets for friends of mine. One person I know was able to get three, but I haven't heard back from anyone else. I'm not holding my breath at this point, since it's now sold out, but this is why I sucked it up and bought the 4-pack in the first place. My out-of-Boston friends weren't so lucky, apparently. :-(

Posted by: Anne 85 (---.wholesystems.com)
Date: November 18, 2003 01:03PM

FYI, in the past Harvard has sold standing room tickets. I'm not sure whether they're still doing that.

Also, depending on the current policy for student tickets, some unclaimed student tickets may become available shortly before the game.

On a separate but related note, Harvard appears to be actively promoting its sports programs this year. I have seen a TV ad for Harvard football (!) on a local sports broadcast (Bruins, I think), and this morning I heard a radio ad for "winter sports" -- including the men's and women's ice hockey teams. They claimed that both hockey teams are nationally ranked in the top 10 (which is not actually true this week) and have "big games" coming up.

Hahvahd advertising?
Posted by: Keith K '93 (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: November 18, 2003 01:42PM

Wow. I didn't think it was cool to support the athletic teams at Hahvahd...

Date: November 18, 2003 01:45PM

At the Princeton game on Friday, they made several promotional announcements about the next three home games, noting that tickets were still available for games against Yale (Saturday night) and B.U. (tonight).

I found it kinda disappointing that two of the schools biggest supposed hockey rivals couldn't sell out days before the game. I probably would have bought BU tickets if The Red were playing them this year, but 4 games at Bright is enough for me, I think.

Posted by: Robin L (4.17.137.---)
Date: November 18, 2003 01:54PM

Since many people bought the 4 pack, apparently......you know they are going to pull the same crap next year

Posted by: crodger1 (---.abtassoc.com)
Date: November 18, 2003 02:26PM

According to the Sucks radio announcers on Saturday the Yale @Sucks game was a sell-out. (With a grain of salt.)

Re: Hahvahd advertising?
Posted by: Tom Pasniewski 98 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: November 18, 2003 02:35PM

The relatively new athletic director who took over after Bill Cleary of the Cleary Jell-O Mold and Cleary Bedpan was a high ranking person in the Harvard Business School. He's apparently getting paid lots of money which might explain why previously free events at Harvard like lacrosse, soccer, etc. now cost money and marketing has gotten bigger.

As far as using the Cornell Club of Boston as a resource, first of all, the mysterious disappearance of tickets to sold out status is certainly not because we got any more tickets. And we've had to institute a lottery system - even with our two ticket limit, requests from members way exceed our pathetic supply this year. We're still accepting lottery applications from members for another week. You can visit the 'Events-Programs' page at www.cornellclub.org and download the flyer. You have to be a member but I think we will refund your membership should you include your membership with your ticket order and then not win tickets in the lottery. You can e-mail me for more info.

Date: November 18, 2003 02:51PM

What's their definition of a sell-out?

Date: November 18, 2003 03:25PM

A Yalie, I think.

Date: November 18, 2003 03:30PM

RedAR wrote:

What's their definition of a sell-out?

According to collegehockeystats, "Attendance: 2776 (Sellout)"

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: November 18, 2003 05:12PM

Well the Cornell @ Princeton game was alledgedly a sell-out, too and there were plenty of empty seats. So "sell-out" is apparently a relative thing.

If they sell standing room tix at Lynah East, you might get a seat. Tough way to go for non-locals, but someone who lives in Boston might work it.

JH

sellouts
Posted by: Keith K '93 (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: November 18, 2003 05:36PM

Sold out means that all of the tickets have been sold. It doesn't mean the stated number of people actually passed through the turnstiles. Or haven't left yet.

Re: sellouts
Posted by: David Harding '72 (---.client.attbi.com)
Date: November 18, 2003 09:32PM

[q]Sold out means that all of the tickets have been sold. It doesn't mean the stated number of people actually passed through the turnstiles. Or haven't left yet.
[/q]
It can also mean that they have sold all of whatever class of ticket you are trying to buy, although other tickets may not yet be allocated.

Posted by: Philip Finch '85 (---.fidelity.com)
Date: November 19, 2003 10:36AM

Not sure how they sold out so fast. I went over to their ticket office on Monday morning at around 10:00 with a buddy who's getting a PhD at Harvard. We were able to get 4 tix without a problem and got seats on the blue line 2 rows up. There seemed to be plenty of options for tix at that point and there was no one else buying hockey tix at that point.

Craigslist
Posted by: nyc94 (---.31.65.194.Dial1.NewYork1.Level3.net)
Date: November 19, 2003 12:34PM

Found these on the ticket exchange of Craigslist Boston:

Wanted: Need a Harvard Undergrad to purchase 2 Cornell - vs.- Harvard

I'm trying to get some tickets to the Harvard vs. Cornell Hockey game. I'd like to get 2. I think they go for $12 each, so I was thinking if anyone would like to make a couple of quick bucks...I'd pay $30 for 2 tickets. Quick $6? All you need to do is pick them up from the Box office and I'll come to you to pick them up. Quick 25% return on your cash...

Let me know if you are interested.

Harvard hockey tickets - less than face

12/13 v UMass (2)
2/13 v RPI (2)

4 rows off of the glass!

Face Value = $44.00 for all 4 tickets.

Will sac for $30 total for both pairs!

Posted by: arik marks '91 (155.44.2.---)
Date: November 19, 2003 01:03PM

Called the ticket office just now at Harvard to check on availability. (Wednesday) Evidently lots of people called Monday (I forgot) and that included any harvard affiliates - undergrads, grad students, staff etc. I think they scoffed up what was left early in the week.

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: November 19, 2003 01:13PM

I'm confused. Not just about Arik's post, but a lot of them. We keep talking about sell outs, yet when I look back through the posts, I see no post saying the Cornell @ Harvard game is sold out... I coulda just missed it... is it?

If any are still available, does anyone remember when they go on sale to the general public?

If not, anyone have any extras? ;-)

Posted by: nyc94 (---.31.19.132.Dial1.NewYork1.Level3.net)
Date: November 19, 2003 02:05PM

Any unsold tickets were to go on sale to the general public on January 5th. I don't know if this applies to standing room. I believe that last year standing room tickets went on sale on the Monday two weeks before the game. Does anyone know if they were selling standing room this week or is there still a shot at these?

Posted by: Adam (---.client.cypresscom.net)
Date: November 19, 2003 02:26PM

Where there is a will there is a way. Come to Boston even if you don't have tickets. There are always creative ways to get into the game. Don't let the Harvard Athletics department win. We need to make Lynah East come alive no matter what.

Posted by: Robin L (4.17.137.---)
Date: November 19, 2003 05:51PM

Yes, the Cornell hockey game AT Harvard is currently sold out.

Posted by: arik marks '91 (155.44.2.---)
Date: November 20, 2003 03:41PM

"I think they scoffed up what was left early in the week."

Bad language choice on my part - I left out that it was SOLD OUT as of when I called.

I wonder if my chances on winning the CU club of boston ticket lottery are any better then my odds of hitting the powerball jackpot.... nut

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login