Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Princeton at Harvard

Posted by So '02 
Princeton at Harvard
Posted by: So '02 (---.ne.client2.attbi.com)
Date: November 14, 2003 10:14PM

Princeton's 4 goals to Harvards 2. Don't worry boys, Mazz will still give you an A. rock
Let's go Red!

Re: Princeton at Harvard
Posted by: kaelistus (---.c3-0.smr-ubr1.sbo-smr.ma.cable.rcn.)
Date: November 14, 2003 11:14PM

My comments on the game..

- The Harvard croud is awful. That is the most quiet rink I've ever seen. I think I made more noise than they did combined and I was only cheering half heartedly.

- Princeton got lucky with the win. They really looked outmatched, lost most faceoffs, and overall looked like lost out there. Luckily...

- Harvard's defense is horrible. Princeton had numerous open net chances that they botched, but most teams in the league would have capitalized.

If Harvard plays this way against Cornell, they are going to be blown away. I honestly don't know what was going on with them, I know they are a better team than that.

Felix

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: November 15, 2003 01:31AM

Felix,

How was the 'Cornell crowd' at Lynah East tonight?

-Fred

Important developments!
Posted by: jtwcornell91 (64.185.103.---)
Date: November 15, 2003 01:44AM

So, with Princeton winning, Sacred Heart winning, AIC tying, and Dartmouth tying/Harvard losing to mere mortals (take your pick), everyone is now comparable on the same scale according to KRACH, no zeros, no infinities. Woo hoo! (And of course I did it by modifying my script to display sensible SOS numbers for teams with infinite KRACHes, which is no longer necessary because there are none.)

Posted by: redredux (---.ne.client2.attbi.com)
Date: November 15, 2003 07:44AM

It's the bad karma from the 4 pack!

I really don't understand why Mazz is platooning his goalies. Dov has been in goal for two NCAA tournament teams. He's not Lenny, but he was one of the top three goalies in the conference last year. Can someone who was there comment on how Daigneau played?

I would hate to be Yale tonight. They might see another large number on the board tonight.

Posted by: kaelistus (---.c3-0.smr-ubr1.sbo-smr.ma.cable.rcn.)
Date: November 15, 2003 10:29AM

The Cornell crowd wasn't much to write home about. There were a few people here ant there but not much more than 20-30. I yelled "RED' during the Anthem, but I was looking around and saw no one else do it.

Felix

Posted by: So '02 (---.ne.client2.attbi.com)
Date: November 15, 2003 12:36PM

Chatting with a former Harvard player before the game (who quit the team because of his disdain for the Mazz-man) I learned that Dov was most likely shelved simply because Harvard didn't think too highly of Princeton (hold your applause please), and wanted to get Daigneau some playing time. There could be more to this story, but I expect to see Dov in with some more frequency now. I didn't think Daigeau played too well. There was plenty of pressure on him in first and third periods as Harvard couldn't clear the puck when it was in their zone, but Princeton didn't show much killer instinct either as most shots went wide or were blocked. Meanwhile Leroux stood on his head to keep the score 2-0. A very strange comeback as Harvard outplayed Princeton, but the Tigers just showed a lot of grit and determination, which seemed to surprise the Crimson. Makes one wonder if the loss of Dom Moore is worse than expected for the dozens of Crimson faithful.
uhoh
Let's Go Red!

funny typo
Posted by: Section A (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: November 15, 2003 01:25PM

Didn't feel like putting this in a new thread........

But from the USCHO recap of the scoreless tie between Michigan Tech and Mankato last night........

"The Huskies (2-4-3 overall, 0-3-2 WCHA) hadn't been in a scoreless game since March 8, 1668, against North Dakota, which was MTU's first 0-0 finish."

wow

Posted by: Chris 02 (---.norf.east.verizon.net)
Date: November 15, 2003 01:53PM

Wow, they actually had hockey back in 1668!

[q]So, with Princeton winning, Sacred Heart winning, AIC tying, and Dartmouth tying/Harvard losing to mere mortals (take your pick), everyone is now comparable on the same scale according to KRACH, no zeros, no infinities. Woo hoo! (And of course I did it by modifying my script to display sensible SOS numbers for teams with infinite KRACHes, which is no longer necessary because there are none.)[/q]

Is this year's KRACH available for viewing anywhere? I went poking around TBRW and couldn't find it.

Posted by: Keith K '93 (---.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net)
Date: November 15, 2003 03:14PM

It makes sense to give your second string goalie some playing time early in the season, esp. in games against teams that you expect to beat. It doesn't always work out. But if they start Dov in every game what happens if he gets injured in February? You'd rather not have a completely untested guy thrust into the net down the stretch.

Playing Lenny every game from the get go last year was the exception. If he hadn't been heading to the Junior tournament over break last year I wouldn't have been surprised to see Marr get a little bit of playing time in Novemeber anyway.

KRACH URL
Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.no.no.cox.net)
Date: November 15, 2003 08:52PM

Chris '02 wrote:
Is this year's KRACH available for viewing anywhere? I went poking around TBRW and couldn't find it.

[www.slack.net]

see also

[www.slack.net]

Post Edited (11-15-03 20:53)

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: November 16, 2003 02:42PM

[Q]Keith wrote:

It makes sense to give your second string goalie some playing time early in the season, esp. in games against teams that you expect to beat. It doesn't always work out. [/Q]Yeah, some of us remember the 66-67 season.:`(

Posted by: gwm3 (---.student.harvard.edu)
Date: November 16, 2003 03:55PM

Darn, looks like I forgot to use my tickets to this game. ;-)

Posted by: gtsully (12.110.145.---)
Date: November 17, 2003 10:35AM

Felix Rodriguez wrote:

I yelled "RED' during the Anthem, but I was looking around and saw no one else do it.

I did it too, much to the dismay of the two non-partisan fans I brought with me. But I was on my way into the rink after picking up a hot dog, so I wasn't at my seat yet. I didn't notice anyone else either, but I saw some scattered CU jerseys and other gear throughout.

The best part of the game was that the rink was dead for two periods, and then in the third it seemed like there were more students there all of a sudden, and they were more into it then they'd been all night, even starting a few "Let's go Har-vard!" chants. Of course, they gradually quieted down as the Crimson blew the lead, which was just an incredibly satisfying way to start the weekend.

I agree about Princeton - they didn't look good at all. They couldn't pass, they couldn't skate, couldn't win draws, couldn't set up a powerplay to save their lives... Harvard killed off a minute and a half of a 5-on-3 to start the third period, and I honestly don't think Princeton even got a shot on goal. Then they got their first goal about a minute later after a scrum in front of the net, and that just energized them the rest of the way.

Sloppy game, but a fun one. Here's hoping the UMass game turns out the same :-D

Posted by: atb9 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: November 17, 2003 10:00PM

Oh no! I would have to say that I hope Harvard beats the snot out of UMass! Let them lose to as many ECACs as possible but out of conference the ECAC needs to start winning something, anything...Um, Go Harvard (Sucks)! :-P

Posted by: kaelistus (65.223.150.---)
Date: November 18, 2003 10:10AM

You know.. 99% of the time I would root for Harvard instead of U.Mass.

BUT...

Not when they forced me to pay $44 for the Harvard/Cornell game. I'm sorry... I can't cheer for them. Go UMASS!

Post Edited (11-18-03 10:11)

Posted by: gtsully (12.110.145.---)
Date: November 18, 2003 11:23AM

Felix Rodriguez wrote:

You know.. 99% of the time I would root for Harvard instead of U.Mass.

BUT...

Not when they forced me to pay $44 for the Harvard/Cornell game. I'm sorry... I can't cheer for them. Go UMASS!
That, and I'll be going to the game with my girlfriend, who's a UMass alum, so I have no outs... looking

Posted by: Robin (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: November 18, 2003 03:47PM

Felix Rod,

no one forced you to do anything

Date: November 18, 2003 04:39PM

Robin... true...

but see $44 is higher than the point where I would say that I'm getting ripped off, and lower than the point where I wouldn't actually pay for the tickets. Its a strange dichotomy, but its there.

DIE, HARVARD, DIE!!!

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: November 19, 2003 10:08PM

[Q]Felix wrote: You know.. 99% of the time I would root for Harvard instead of U.Mass.

BUT...

Not when they forced me to pay $44 for the Harvard/Cornell game. I'm sorry... I can't cheer for them. Go UMASS![/Q]Hey, I've got 4 tickets for the game that I'm not going to use. You, or anyone else, can have them for free, if you'll cheer for Harvard (or at least pull for them, cheering may be too much to ask).

Look at it this way, if you take them, you can bring 4 friends and drop your per ticket $44 cost. Then you have no excuse not to pull for Harvard.:-}

Posted by: atb9 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: November 19, 2003 10:58PM

So, wait. You paid $44 dollars for the Cornell game and you are going to the UMASS game for free? rolleyes ;-)

Date: November 20, 2003 01:22PM

Yeah.. that's exactly how I look at it. I wouldn't pay a cent to watch Harvard play UMass.. but I'm going cause I have these tickets already...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login