Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Article

Posted by Robin 
Article
Posted by: Robin (---.ipt.aol.com)
Date: November 10, 2003 05:40PM

by the way....there was an article about Lenny and Pelletier in the front page of the sports section of the Springfield, MA, paper last Weds (Nov 5). If anyone is interested, I can provide more details

Re: Article
Posted by: Section A (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: November 10, 2003 05:42PM

interested. provide more details :-)

Date: November 10, 2003 05:59PM

picture of lenny standing by the goal with pelletier behind him on front page, caption of:
Falcons goaltenders David LeNeveu and Jean-Marc Pelletier, a pair of 20-somethings who attended Cornell University, are splitting the work in net with positive results in the early going this season.

Headline: 'Working in Tandem'
Pelletier and LeNeveu provide the Spfld falcons with sptong goaltending.

Excerpts from the article:

Who's the No.1 goaltender for the splfd Falcons? Sorry, but they don't have one-they have two. Pelletier and Lenny have the talent to start for any team in the AHL. with the spfld club, they share playing time. if you believe that hockey adage, you're only as good as your goaltending-the Falcons appear to be in excellent shape. Coach has been rotatiing Pelletier and Lenny innn early season games, and will continue to do so. That policy not only helps the spfld club, it helps the development of both goaltenders in their pursuit of careers in the NHL.

"Both guys are playing well, and we want to keep that going." Pelletier, a 25yr old in his 5th pro season has a 3-2-0 record and 2.77 GAA. Lenny, a 20yr old pro hockey rookie stands 2-1-1 with a 2.70 "We knew going inot the season that goaltending would be our strong suit. David is very talented, and Jean-Marc is a good example for him to be around every day.

"I think having the two of us here is a great situation for our team", Pelletier said. "Obviously we both want playing time. Will we keep rotation? That's depend on how we play. I like working with David because he's a great young goaltender and a nice guy. We both played at Cornell, so we have a lot to talk about right there."

At Cornell, Pelletier played part time from 1995-97. LeNeveu was an all-star performer last season when he went 28-3-1 for a team that made the NCAA Forzen Four. He had nine shutouts, breaking the Cornell record held by NHL Hall of Famer Ken Dryden.

more to follow.....

Re: Article cont.
Date: November 10, 2003 06:07PM

continued....

"It's definitely a step up from Division I to the AHL," LeNeveu said. "The players here are faster and more skilled. They know how to get in position for good shots. I like it that way. Any goaltender will tell you it's better to face 30 shots than 13, because you get into a good rhythm that way."

Coach said he respects the work ethic and the individual style of each goaltender-"that's why I don't tinker with them much."

Pelletier and LeNeveu have the kind of natural rivalry that comes from playing the same position, but the coach sees that as something that can only be a plus. "Sure, they push each other, bu they do it in a way that's good for the team. Jean-Marc has more experience, and he's doing a nie job of taking David under his wing."

"It's very advantageous for me to be with a goaltender like Jean-MArc. He's a good guy and very willing to help," said Lenny.

Pelletier stands 6foot-3 and weighs 210, Lenny goes 6'1" and 170. "Both guys look big in the net and that means they're well balanced and playing square up to the puck. These goalies make a difference, because they give our players confidence. With either of them in there, we fell they can shut down the other team and keep us in the game."

Spfld's goaltenders have been playing the position since they were kids in Canada. Why would any youngster want to tackle such a touch job? "I did it because I liked the equipment. That's the best reason I can think of, "Pelletier said.

Posted by: rhovorka (---.stny.rr.com)
Date: November 10, 2003 06:23PM

Cool. The url is [www.masslive.com]
but there are no photos.

Date: November 10, 2003 06:25PM

I guess I could have just pasted this:

[www.masslive.com]

McSorley?!
Posted by: tolya (207.111.3.---)
Date: November 11, 2003 02:54AM

whoa --- the falcons coach is none other than Marty McSorley. I didn't know he was back in hockey.... strange world....

alas, springfield only comes to binghamton once, on jan 3rd.

Posted by: jy3 (---.stny.rr.com)
Date: November 11, 2003 08:48AM

tolya might have to go to that game myself. not sure if i will home in vestal then, though. doh!

Posted by: Robin (4.17.137.---)
Date: November 11, 2003 12:54PM

If anyone in eastern Mass (or elsewhere) is interested, the Falcons come to Worcester on Nov28 and Dec 28. Too bad those two games fall right around holidays....however, they also come to Worcester Jan 14,March 7.........right across the street from where I work.

Robin

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login