Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Cornell Club of Boston and Cornell at Harvard Tickets

Posted by Tom Pasniewski '98 
Cornell Club of Boston and Cornell at Harvard Tickets
Posted by: Tom Pasniewski '98 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: October 02, 2003 08:15AM

I return from my summer slumber which I feel like I'm still in since the Red Sox game went to freakin' 2:45 a.m. I'm not sure what scheduling is worse - okay clearly Harvard's.

Unfortunately I saw this package thing coming a couple of weeks ago in discussions with Harvard. We were told the package would consist of one other game. The Cornell Club has been negotiating with Harvard although they have a new ticket manager so that we can get our standard block of tickets to just that game and I think we will probably have those tickets as we usually do.

Now I have to balance club members with my fellow faithful brethren but I would just say this for now - DO NOT GO OUT AND BUY THE PACKAGE!!! You will be able to buy tickets for just the Cornell-Harvard game through the Cornell Club. It may cost a little more than the face value - I don't set the prices but of course it's much better than the package. I hope to have an answer by the end of the day Friday as to prices and then the club can set it's policy by early next week.

SO PLEASE STAY TUNED AND I WILL POST HOW TO PURCHASE CORNELL-HARVARD TICKETS FOR JUST THAT GAME HERE. Again, I can't promise we'll have tons of tickets. But we will have tickets. So, please be patient for your wallet's sake.

Since we've been dealing with Harvard for forever, I do have to say that Harvard is very generous to Cornell. I know that seems wrong but I deal with Harvard a lot. I may not feel that way if the negotiations get ugly.

I'll post an update later today if only to say there has been no progress.

Re: Cornell Club of Boston and Cornell at Harvard Tickets
Posted by: kaelistus (65.223.150.---)
Date: October 02, 2003 10:01AM

Do CCOB members get priority on the tickets or is it first come first serve? Last year I remember a distict lack of tickets for me. (Well, until I called harvard and got standing room ones).

Posted by: crodger1 (---.abtassoc.com)
Date: October 02, 2003 10:54AM

If you hear anything about when the tickets (or package) actually go on sale, that would be great too, Tom. Some people here were told Oct. 1st, but I was told "Friday. Or Monday". I think the guy really meant "or whatever, if we feel like it".

Chris

(I saw Harvard play in person at least 5 times last year... but I actually got to choose the games that I went to Guelph-Harvard, Harvard-BU, BC-Harvard, BigRed-Harvard, BigRed-Harvard. Can I make my own package?) rolleyes

Date: October 02, 2003 11:28AM

The Cornell Club of Boston will be escalating the matter probably with both Cornell and Harvard. We know who the powers that be are. I can only say this....DO NOT BUY TICKETS FROM HARVARD unless you are really interested in seeing the other three games and live in the Boston area because:

1. We will either be able to offer tickets to just that game alone or:
2. We will convince Harvard to get rid of the package idea altogether.

The club does shell out a fair amount of money for tickets, function room space, caterers, field space and tents and food for football games so we do have some clout to go elsewhere with all that. Well, except for the tickets.

This probably won't be known till next week so in the meantime feel free to speculate all you want about why we are escalating the matter because probably the correct answer will be in the first response.

Just a thought
Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.loyno.edu)
Date: October 02, 2003 12:35PM

With the Frozen Four in Boston this year, it's not a bad time for some of us to join the CCOB anyway...

Re: Just a thought
Posted by: mscheffer (65.223.155.---)
Date: October 02, 2003 03:46PM

How does one go about joining the CCOB?

Posted by: mha (---.cit.cornell.edu)
Date: October 02, 2003 03:50PM

Chris, I have a feeling if you talk to them, list for them the five games you went to last season, and tell them you'd like to go to multiple games this season, they would let you "make your own package." They're clearly trying to avoid selling just the one-game ticket to Cornell fans.

Posted by: crodger1 (---.abtassoc.com)
Date: October 02, 2003 05:01PM

Sadly I want about 10 tickets for one particular game in my manufactured package ;-)

I think an in-person trip is called for. I'll see if I can get a little time off work (and more importantly, parking anywhere near Harvard Square).

Posted by: RedAR (---.gsd.harvard.edu)
Date: October 02, 2003 06:42PM

I was actually thinking of making an in person trip to the ticket office myself. Don't know if that will make any difference, but I can show my Harvard ID, and say a bunch of my buddies here at school want to go to the game.

I'll keep you all posted.

Posted by: gtsully (12.45.229.---)
Date: October 03, 2003 09:16AM

I was thinking the same thing. I have some friends from Brown and Colgate who might want to see those teams play - maybe I'll head down and see if I could get tickets to those games instead of RPI and Princeton.

I'll post results, too.

Date: October 10, 2003 05:47PM

Well now that I've shard my thoughts with USCHO's ECAC correspondent, I might as well put an update here. This is an official update and may not reflect my own personal feelings or other stuff I'd like to write. The Cornell Club of Boston will not be able to offer tickets to non-members of the Cornell Club and will likely not be able to come close to meeting the demand of current members. Therefore, students and others are not encouraged to join for the purpose of buying tickets through the Cornell Club. Harvard did give us some tickets just for this game but it's so few tickets, we might as well just have a lottery.

As for pre-game get togethers, that will have to be decided later. The club has not been able to change Harvard's mind on our allotment of tickets so it's highly unlikely at this point, we'll have any influence on getting rid of the package.

Posted by: nyc94 (---.21.252.64.snet.net)
Date: October 11, 2003 01:40PM

Tom,

Was that article correct? Only 100 tickets to CCOB?

Posted by: Melanie '99 (64.49.67.---)
Date: October 15, 2003 12:17PM

Tom,

In one of these threads, there was a suggestion that out of town visitors who come only for the Cornell game could give the remaining three tickets in the package to the CCOB, and then CCOB could distribute them to club members who will show for the games and heckle...

I'm sure that I am not the only person with package tickets who is going to miss those other three games...which seems to me, is the whole point of this stupid ticket policy...so will the CCOB be organizing a ticket outlet?

Thanks! -- Melanie

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login