Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

When do away game tickets go on sale?

Posted by Adam '01 
Posted by: Adam '01 (---.client.cypresscom.net)
Date: September 22, 2003 12:55PM

Just curious if anyone remembers, based on when schools started selling single game tickets last year.

I spot-checked Harvard's website and they are still "awaiting pricing information" for this year. And Princeton's website still has the ticket page up from last year, with no mention of when they'll be updated to reflect this year's games.

Likewise, when will the CU box office start selling away game tickets?

Thanks in advance.

Re: When do away game tickets go on sale?
Posted by: Robb '94 (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: September 22, 2003 01:04PM

To the best of my knowledge, away game tickets from the Cornell ticket office are basically available whenever the CU ticket office receives them from the home team - totally at the mercy of the organizational skills of the other schools. There's no set time (e.g. two weeks before the game) or anything like that. So, if you really want tickets @ Harvard in the Cornell section, you pretty much have to call the ticket office every day to find out if the tickets have come in yet. At least, that's the way the system appears to work, based on my (limited) observations.

Posted by: jy3 (---.stny.rr.com)
Date: September 22, 2003 11:35PM

and

each team sells tix for their games starting at different times too...getting tix for section O last year for every game meant calling each ticket office a few times :) the same went for games away from lynah

Post Edited (09-22-03 23:35)

Posted by: dsr11 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: September 23, 2003 07:46AM

I called Yale yesterday asking about the game in New Haven, the woman on the phone was extremely nice and said the tickets go on sale when ticket brochures are printed. She couldn't tell me when that was going to be, but she took my name and address and said she would mail one to me when it was available.

Posted by: Lenard Lesser (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: September 23, 2003 03:06PM

I called the HarvardSucks Ticket office since I am living in Cambridge (aka the Hell of Hockey). The guy said they will go on sale 7-10 days from when I called (last Friday- the 19th).
Lenny

Posted by: Jay Fisher (---.org)
Date: September 23, 2003 05:30PM

Along those lines anyone know when tickets for the Everblades Tournament go on sale?

I will be in SW Florida this Christmas again. I bought tickets from the Cornell ticket office two years ago, but waited a long time and was hoping to get better seats this time.

Jay Fisher '90

Posted by: gwm3 (---.student.harvard.edu)
Date: September 23, 2003 07:35PM

Last year Harvard hockey tickets went on sale around the third week of October.

Posted by: Adam (---.phil.east.verizon.net)
Date: September 23, 2003 08:52PM

I called the Princeton ticket office today and spoke with a rather confused individual. First he tried to sell me football tickets. Then when I further explained that I was calling about hockey he said, "What's your rush?" Hockey tickets are not on sale there yet, needless to say.

Clearly he doesn't understand the mind of a Cornell fan.

Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: September 23, 2003 09:25PM

Adam '01 wrote:

Clearly he doesn't understand the mind of a Cornell fan.

Oh, but does any non-Cornellian (and some Cornellians, I call them facetimers) truly understand the mind of a Cornell fan? :-D

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: September 24, 2003 08:09AM

I've met one. His daughter is a Cornellian.

He understands. nut

JH

Posted by: Jordan 04 (---.z066088243.nyc-ny.dsl.cnc.net)
Date: September 24, 2003 09:30AM

Jay Fisher wrote:

Along those lines anyone know when tickets for the Everblades Tournament go on sale?

I will be in SW Florida this Christmas again. I bought tickets from the Cornell ticket office two years ago, but waited a long time and was hoping to get better seats this time.

Jay Fisher '90

I didn't know it was possible to have poor seats there. I walked up about 20 mins before the Maine game last year, and was fine with the selection. I'm not entirely sure where my actual seat was, because the place is empty enough that it really doesn't matter.

And for the consolation game, I think everyone had their own section.

I don't know when they go on sale, but I wouldn't be too concerned about being shut out of good seats. You might want to check on Ticketmaster, since they control Everblades/Estero events, and had tix for the tourney last year.

Posted by: BigRedIslander (---.ne.client2.attbi.com)
Date: September 28, 2003 06:32PM

Actually wondering if anyone can give me an idea of where the Cornell tix usually are at HarvardSucks? I wanna call and get tix from the HarvardSUcks ticket office if they go on sale this week

Posted by: rhovorka (---.stny.rr.com)
Date: September 28, 2003 08:19PM

BigRedIslander wrote:

Actually wondering if anyone can give me an idea of where the Cornell tix usually are at HarvardSucks? I wanna call and get tix from the HarvardSUcks ticket office if they go on sale this week
Well, most of the building winds up being Cornell sections, but the visitors tickets at Bright are usually in Section 13-15...can't remember exactly, but in that general area.
[gocrimson.ocsn.com]

Posted by: Melanie '99 (64.49.67.---)
Date: September 30, 2003 12:21PM

I've been calling Harvard daily - each day I get a new person who tells me a new day. Today I was told Friday.

Generally, Cornell fans dominate sections 14-19. The Band sits in section
15 creating the “heart” of the fan section that spreads through sections 14 and 16. I’ve had tickets before in section 15 and the seats are great - but the Band is right behind you...so if you don't like loud concerts, think twice before sitting in that area.

For quieter seating, consider sections 17-19. Still solidly Cornell, these sections are generally populated with alumni. Within sections 20-22 it is a mixed bag of Cornell and Harvard, although I would say that 55% of the fans in those areas are Cornellians. This past year, I had tickets behind the Harvard goalie - an excellent vantage point, but I did have to take some ribbing by one “not so friendly” Harvard fan. By the way, the weak little Harvard fan area is section 11. Stay away from this crowd - over the years I have been going they have gotten a bit more obnoxious...not true hockey fans just game facetimers.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.ne.client2.attbi.com)
Date: September 30, 2003 04:39PM

The Cornell Club of Boston seats have been in sections 17-20 in recent years.

Posted by: jy3 (---.stny.rr.com)
Date: September 30, 2003 05:04PM

doesnt matter where you sit at hahvahd. it is fun standing and taunting the players while old hahvahd alumni glare into your back :) quite amusing, i must say nut

Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: September 30, 2003 05:42PM

How quickly do the Cornell Club of Boston tickets go? In fact, when do they become available, and are they any more expensive than buying directly from the Hahvahd ticket office?

Posted by: nyc94 (---.31.20.27.Dial1.NewYork1.Level3.net)
Date: October 01, 2003 01:06AM

I ran this event for CCOB a few times in the 1990s and we limited tickets to club members only. I'm not sure what the current policy is but I would find out now. Tickets would sell out weeks before the game when the game was in the fall (months when it was in Feb.) but that wouldn't stop people from calling me at 5 PM the day of the game looking for tickets. Or worse, 8 AM on Saturdays when I was hung over. Anyway, I used to wait until I was sure I was getting my 200 tix from Harvard before putting an ad in the club newsletter - and as usual, the Harvard Ticket Office isn't ready yet.

Another question related to away game tix
Posted by: crodger1 (---.abtassoc.com)
Date: October 08, 2003 10:28AM

I just put my name on the list for some away games with the Cornell ticket office, but wonder if that was a mistake. If they don't get them until some uncertain time before the game, will I know in enough time to try calling the opponent's ticket office and get them from there. Perhaps I should have done that instead?

Anyone have insight?

Chris

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login