Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Brown vs. Cornell 2/16

Posted by Iceberg 
Brown vs. Cornell 2/16
Posted by: Iceberg (---.tmodns.net)
Date: February 16, 2024 12:58PM

I don't really know what to think of this matchup but if it goes anything like the last time, that would be nice

Re: Brown vs. Cornell 2/16
Posted by: Trotsky (---.washdc.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 16, 2024 01:06PM

Play our game, stay outta the box.

Posted by: dbilmes (---.sub-174-192-11.myvzw.com)
Date: February 16, 2024 03:30PM

According to an email sent out earlier today by the Athletics Department, the Yale game is a sellout but there are still tickets available for the Brown game tonight. Cornell can clinch the Ivy title with a sweep this weekend.

Posted by: upprdeck (38.77.26.---)
Date: February 16, 2024 03:47PM

nice to see crowds coming back for the last few games.

Posted by: Iceberg (172.56.217.---)
Date: February 16, 2024 05:25PM

dbilmes
Cornell can clinch the Ivy title with a sweep this weekend.

I was wondering about this but that makes sense given that most games have been played and the Ivy teams outside of Cornell haven't been very great

Posted by: nyc94 (32.215.192.---)
Date: February 16, 2024 05:59PM

Iceberg
dbilmes
Cornell can clinch the Ivy title with a sweep this weekend.

I was wondering about this but that makes sense given that most games have been played and the Ivy teams outside of Cornell haven't been very great

Ivy standings

[ivyleague.com]

edit: Cornell win over Brown eliminates everyone except Yale. Cornell up 19-9 in points. Yale still has four Ivy League games remaining.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2024 09:56PM by nyc94.

Posted by: BearLover (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 16, 2024 06:04PM

dbilmes
According to an email sent out earlier today by the Athletics Department, the Yale game is a sellout but there are still tickets available for the Brown game tonight.
Cornell has two home basketball games this weekend which conflict with the hockey games. Hopefully that doesn’t impact attendance too much.

Posted by: Big Dingus (172.59.177.---)
Date: February 16, 2024 06:21PM

I’ll be at my first game in a year tonight. Let me know if you want to meet up Bearlover

Date: February 16, 2024 07:03PM

Mosko and Fegaras back, Wallace and O'Brien out.

Date: February 16, 2024 07:07PM

4 minutes, 2 posts.

Date: February 16, 2024 07:13PM

6 minutes, 3 posts, 1 goal.

Date: February 16, 2024 07:17PM

We're moving our skates on the pp.

Date: February 16, 2024 07:21PM

Faceoffs: 10-0 Cornell. All centers are at least 2-0.

Date: February 16, 2024 07:26PM

Colgate and Clarkson both trailing.

Date: February 16, 2024 07:37PM

Big Dingus
I’ll be at my first game in a year tonight. Let me know if you want to meet up Bearlover
Think I just saw you in the bathroom

Date: February 16, 2024 07:59PM

DeSantis is so snakebit.

Date: February 16, 2024 08:03PM

Like I said.

Date: February 16, 2024 08:47PM

Protecting the lead in the third we are 7-0 in shots.

Date: February 16, 2024 08:48PM

O'Leary making friends; tripped twice out there with no call.

Date: February 16, 2024 08:49PM

Robertson is unbelievable. He has looked like Lane Hutson (BU) skating circles in the O-zone on multiple different shifts this game.

Date: February 16, 2024 08:54PM

Shot attempts are 60-18.

Date: February 16, 2024 08:59PM

Psenicka playing tonight as dominant as he did the first half of his Freshman year.

Date: February 16, 2024 09:09PM

Why is Grady talking about crowd size with 2 minutes to go and Brown’s goalie pulled??????? He has been a lot better lately with the tangents but this one was inexcusable.

Posted by: sah67 (---.cit.cornell.edu)
Date: February 16, 2024 09:09PM

When was our last penalty-free game?

Date: February 16, 2024 09:13PM

What happened at center ice after the stick salute?

Posted by: dbilmes (64.224.255.---)

Does anyone know what was going on when several players from each team knelt in a circle at center ice after the game? Was it a prayer circle? Has it happened at other games this season?

Posted by: sah67 (---.sub-174-231-54.myvzw.com)

Anyone know what the weird little center ice prayer circle thing between O’Leary, Fegaras, and a couple of Brown players right after the handshakes was about?

Posted by: Iceberg (172.56.223.---)
Date: February 16, 2024 09:19PM

Someone mentioned it in another thread, but the fact that Whittet is still employed is amazing. He must have some really good blackmail on somebody in the Brown administration because I don't know how he's lasted as long as he has

Posted by: sah67 (---.sub-174-231-54.myvzw.com)
Date: February 16, 2024 09:20PM

dbilmes
Was it a prayer circle? Has it happened at other games this season?
Definitely haven’t seen it during this season. The Brown goalie initiated it and was clearly looking for O’Leary.
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2024 09:24PM by sah67.

Date: February 16, 2024 09:21PM

We played our game, and stayed outta the box.

Date: February 16, 2024 10:06PM

Nice to see you again

Date: February 16, 2024 10:07PM

They were praying

Date: February 16, 2024 10:19PM

Good crowd and dominant win tonight. Should have been at least 5-0. This team is really firing on all cylinders (I’m sure they’ll lose to Yale tomorrow now that I’ve said that). PP looked a little better; at least we’re willing to shoot it on net now. And it was nice running into BigDingus in the bathroom. Always fun to see a BigDingus in the bathroom.

Posted by: imafrshmn (---.datapacket.com)
Date: February 16, 2024 10:21PM

BearLover
Good crowd and dominant win tonight. Should have been at least 5-0. This team is really firing on all cylinders (I’m sure they’ll lose to Yale tomorrow now that I’ve said that). PP looked a little better; at least we’re willing to shoot it on net now. And it was nice running into BigDingus in the bathroom. Always fun to see a BigDingus in the bathroom.

Wait til ya meet HogLover

Posted by: upprdeck (38.77.26.---)
Date: February 16, 2024 10:23PM

A much more consistent dominant game than the last few even with the less scoring. Brown barely even had the puck to score.

Posted by: ugarte (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 16, 2024 11:23PM

Missed most of the game but the highlights were something else. We could have won that game 8-0 and it would have seemed too close.

Date: February 17, 2024 05:08AM

ugarte
Missed most of the game but the highlights were something else. We could have won that game 8-0 and it would have seemed too close.
A nice thing about having a team with more offensive pep is we can hit 5 posts and still win comfortably. There was a time when the monumental bad puck luck we had last night would have cost us points despite the chasm in control.

Posted by: DL (217.138.217.---)
Date: February 17, 2024 07:58AM

BearLover
Why is Grady talking about crowd size with 2 minutes to go and Brown’s goalie pulled??????? He has been a lot better lately with the tangents but this one was inexcusable.
At least Grady's tangents are short and hardly detract. I'll take anything he cares to mention about any day of the week over Tim "No Doubt About It" Vanini's drawn-out, repetitive ramblings that almost never add any useful information and is borderline homer. I mute the feed anytime he starts talking.

Date: February 17, 2024 09:38AM

You both have poopy pants. I love Tim and Grady.

Date: February 17, 2024 09:39AM

imafrshmn
BearLover

Wait til ya meet HogLover
Finally, an answer to the Big Red What?

Posted by: VIEWfromK (---.res.spectrum.com)
Date: February 17, 2024 10:12AM

Trotsky

Back. At. The GRIND.

There continues to be a complete dedication to earning the puck in every zone from the bottom of the lineup to the top. There might have been one legitimate hit last night (Bancroft leveling that guy behind the net) but they use their strength and size to take advantage of every situation. In the offensive zone this workman like mentality created a dozen or so Grade A scoring chances. In the D zone they snuffed out just about everything that Brown could muster before they could even attempt shots. Most of the Brown chances against came from poor puck management on the part of Cornell. Would have been nice to cash in on one of those earlier chances but they never changed their approach. I thought the Walsh goal could serve as a nice reminder to their future power plays that sometimes no shot is a bad shot. There did seem to be less of looking for the slam dunk and more straight forward on the one power play they had. What a beautiful sequence on the Stanley goal. I thought Walsh was in a scoring position but that little pass opened things up and the stay at home D man walked right in and picked his post, I mean corner. What a shot! One of my favorite parts of the game was to see how much Schafer trusts his entire lineup to generate offense. Twice in the third period the fourth line (with the converted D man Mosko playing wing) was out there for offensive zone face offs. Pretty important depth for a team with growing postseason aspirations.

Posted by: ER (107.115.112.---)
Date: February 17, 2024 10:17AM

Is there somewhere I can watch the highlights?

Posted by: underskill (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 17, 2024 10:45AM

ER
YouTube

Posted by: George64 (---.res.spectrum.com)
Date: February 17, 2024 10:48AM

underskill
ER
YouTube

[youtu.be]

Watch it in real time, then at half speed. Some really great passing.

Posted by: chimpfood (---.res.spectrum.com)
Date: February 17, 2024 11:00AM

It’s so exciting to see us playing like this with such a young team. The ride this season alone has been amazing and I think in the next few years we will genuinely be competing for a national championship.

Date: February 17, 2024 11:48AM

VIEWfromK
Trotsky

Back. At. The GRIND.

There continues to be a complete dedication to earning the puck in every zone from the bottom of the lineup to the top. There might have been one legitimate hit last night (Bancroft leveling that guy behind the net) but they use their strength and size to take advantage of every situation. In the offensive zone this workman like mentality created a dozen or so Grade A scoring chances. In the D zone they snuffed out just about everything that Brown could muster before they could even attempt shots. Most of the Brown chances against came from poor puck management on the part of Cornell. Would have been nice to cash in on one of those earlier chances but they never changed their approach. I thought the Walsh goal could serve as a nice reminder to their future power plays that sometimes no shot is a bad shot. There did seem to be less of looking for the slam dunk and more straight forward on the one power play they had. What a beautiful sequence on the Stanley goal. I thought Walsh was in a scoring position but that little pass opened things up and the stay at home D man walked right in and picked his post, I mean corner. What a shot! One of my favorite parts of the game was to see how much Schafer trusts his entire lineup to generate offense. Twice in the third period the fourth line (with the converted D man Mosko playing wing) was out there for offensive zone face offs. Pretty important depth for a team with growing postseason aspirations.
Huh, why was Mosko playing wing? Did someone get injured during the game?

Posted by: VIEWfromK (---.res.spectrum.com)
Date: February 17, 2024 12:11PM

BearLover
VIEWfromK
Trotsky

Back. At. The GRIND.

Pretty sure he was the extra skater. He did take a turn or two on defense earlier

Posted by: redice (---.res.spectrum.com)
Date: February 17, 2024 12:44PM

BearLover
VIEWfromK
Trotsky

Back. At. The GRIND.

Yes, Devlin went out with an injury.

Posted by: marty (---.cust.tzulo.com)
Date: February 17, 2024 12:52PM

George64
underskill
ER
YouTube

[youtu.be]

There's this now, too.

Posted by: RichH (104.28.123.---)
Date: February 17, 2024 04:11PM

marty
George64
underskill
ER
YouTube

[youtu.be]

There's this now, too.

I’m guessing we don’t want to watch this one at half speed.

Posted by: DL (---.bas512.cwt.btireland.net)
Date: February 17, 2024 06:17PM

Trotsky
You both have poopy pants. I love Tim and Grady.
I'll own up to that. I hate being a hater and spreading hate. Couldn't help it. *edit* Can't stand repetitive phrases.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2024 06:26PM by DL.

Date: February 17, 2024 06:24PM

DL
BearLover
At least Grady's tangents are short and hardly detract. I'll take anything he cares to mention about any day of the week over Tim "No Doubt About It" Vanini's drawn-out, repetitive ramblings that almost never add any useful information and is borderline homer. I mute the feed anytime he starts talking.
They’re both fine. Grady just needs to eliminate the tangents. It was truly bizarre that, with the game hanging in the balance, Grady launched into a minute-long discussion about last weekend’s attendance.

Posted by: DL (---.bas512.cwt.btireland.net)
Date: February 17, 2024 06:29PM

BearLover
DL
BearLover
They’re both fine. Grady just needs to eliminate the tangents. It was truly bizarre that, with the game hanging in the balance, Grady launched into a minute-long discussion about last weekend’s attendance.

I either didn't notice just because he's easy to listen to or, also likely, had skipped well into it after Tim started talking during stoppage? whistle

Posted by: ugarte (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 17, 2024 06:59PM

underskill
ER
YouTube
for home games they embed the highlights in the game recap

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login