Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Cornell Hockey Jerseys?

Posted by wintercow20 
Cornell Hockey Jerseys?
Posted by: wintercow20 (8.9.86.---)
Date: November 08, 2023 06:29AM

Hey all,

Took my son to his first game at Lynah last week against Duluth and he's hooked. Only "problem" is that they sell no merch at the rink, and we had to rush home. Do you guys know where I can buy a decent replica Cornell hockey jersey online?

Thanks all,
Mike Rizzo
'04 (grad student)

Re: Cornell Hockey Jerseys?
Posted by: George64 (---.rochester.res.rr.com)
Date: November 08, 2023 08:44AM

wintercow20
Hey all,

Took my son to his first game at Lynah last week against Duluth and he's hooked. Only "problem" is that they sell no merch at the rink, and we had to rush home. Do you guys know where I can buy a decent replica Cornell hockey jersey online?

Thanks all,
Mike Rizzo
'04 (grad student)

A friend suggested that you try [https://www.cornellstore.com/style/Jerseys?page=1]

Posted by: BlueSky (50.228.149.---)
Date: November 08, 2023 09:00AM

I'm also hearing about a new online store.

[bsnteamsports.com]

After shopping I found no uniforms! My bad. Book store?

#LGR
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2023 09:02AM by BlueSky.

Posted by: Trotsky (12.151.182.---)
Date: November 08, 2023 09:56AM

The replica jerseys aren't great unfortunately.

Posted by: ugarte (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: November 08, 2023 11:00AM

Trotsky
no need to be so harsh this looks pretty sharp for a youth jersey [www.cornellstore.com]

Date: November 08, 2023 11:45AM

ugarte
Trotsky
no need to be so harsh this looks pretty sharp for a youth jersey [www.cornellstore.com]
I must admit that looks MUCH better than the ones I see at games. I hope they do an adult version. (That didn't sound right.)

Posted by: Weder (104.28.76.---)
Date: November 08, 2023 12:27PM

Trotsky
ugarte
Trotsky
I must admit that looks MUCH better than the ones I see at games. I hope they do an adult version. (That didn't sound right.)

Related: When did New Balance get into making hockey jerseys? I can't tell much of a difference between the men's jersey this season and the previous version, but the women's jerseys appear to my eye to be a bit slimmer-fitting (maybe New Balance is making a women's cut hockey jersey?)

ETA: Looking at photos from last season and this season, maybe it's the shoulder pads that are slimmer. Perhaps they're using a version of the pads they were helping to test?
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2023 12:35PM by Weder.

Posted by: billhoward (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: November 08, 2023 01:01PM

From time to time there will be jerseys auctioned off to support the team, or a local charity. Example: There was a Cornell Club/Philadelphia hockey night at the ballpark (to watch via satellite a Cornell hockey game elsewhere). I was high bidder on a Cornell not replica jersey, $100. ($175 in current dollars.) Signed by the team. No help if you want one this weekend, but if you want one at some point, keep watching.

Posted by: dag14 (---.hsd1.co.comcast.net)
Date: November 08, 2023 01:55PM

I bought a REAL Cornell hockey jersey at the annual used equipment sale held by the Athletics Department 5 or 6 years ago. Here is the article from spring, 2022:

ITHACA, N.Y. -- After a COVID-19 hiatus, the annual Athletic Department Garage Sale will take place on Thursday and Friday, March 10-11 12 from 9 a.m.-2 p.m. in the Grumman Squash Court Building across from Teagle Hall. The sale will include new and used athletic equipment and apparel from several varsity teams. The event is open to the public, and cash, check and credit cards are accepted - student-athletes can also have purchases charged to the bursar with your Cornell ID card.

It was also held March, 2023 but I couldn't find any details other than a calendar listing on Google.

Date: November 08, 2023 04:02PM

dag14
I bought a REAL Cornell hockey jersey at the annual used equipment sale held by the Athletics Department 5 or 6 years ago. Here is the article from spring, 2022:

ITHACA, N.Y. -- After a COVID-19 hiatus, the annual Athletic Department Garage Sale will take place on Thursday and Friday, March 10-11 12 from 9 a.m.-2 p.m. in the Grumman Squash Court Building across from Teagle Hall. The sale will include new and used athletic equipment and apparel from several varsity teams. The event is open to the public, and cash, check and credit cards are accepted - student-athletes can also have purchases charged to the bursar with your Cornell ID card.

It was also held March, 2023 but I couldn't find any details other than a calendar listing on Google.
I bought mine ~20 years ago for $100 from the equipment room at Teagle Hall but I've been told that they are more like $300 or $400 now.

Date: November 08, 2023 04:04PM

They strip the names and numbers off which sucks.

Date: November 08, 2023 04:10PM

Trotsky
Back then it was just names that came off. I chose #2 for Ratushny but you can tell from the size of the ghost of the old nameplate in the removed stitching that it had been Travis Bell's

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2023 04:11PM by ugarte.

Posted by: Chris '03 (104.28.39.---)
Date: November 08, 2023 04:12PM

ugarte
dag14

I bought mine ~20 years ago for $100 from the equipment room at Teagle Hall but I've been told that they are more like $300 or $400 now.

Same. Bill Reynolds was the guy to see? There have been threads about it on here over the years.

Posted by: Chris '03 (104.28.39.---)
Date: November 08, 2023 04:15PM

ugarte
Trotsky
Back then it was just names that came off. I chose #2 for Ratushny but you can tell from the size of the ghost of the old nameplate in the removed stitching that it had been Travis Bell's

Names and captaincy letters came off. Sometimes they took the ecac patch off too I think.

Posted by: Iceberg (---.tmodns.net)
Date: November 08, 2023 04:57PM

Chris '03
ugarte
Trotsky

Names and captaincy letters came off. Sometimes they took the ecac patch off too I think.

I have one I bought as a student and thankfully the number and ECAC patch are still on it. The jersey is quite durable, too. It still looks great after quite a number of hockey games

Posted by: pfibiger (---.res.spectrum.com)
Date: November 08, 2023 05:22PM

Iceberg
Chris '03
ugarte
Trotsky

I have one I bought as a student and thankfully the number and ECAC patch are still on it. The jersey is quite durable, too. It still looks great after quite a number of hockey games

I’ve got a #12 that I’m pretty sure was Ben Wallace. People used to take them to PSP who did the nameplates initially — I never did. I have to say that the jersey is pretty comically large on a normal human not wearing pads.

Posted by: dag14 (---.hsd1.co.comcast.net)
Date: November 08, 2023 05:50PM

MY son wears the jersey I gave him for Christmas to play adult hockey in the Chicago area. The pinnacle of his hockey career was winning a state championship for Ithaca High School in the 90's but his jersey looked so authentic -- quality fabric, ECAC patch, the dings that come with playing time -- that someone asked him if he had played for Cornell. He said grinned the rest of the night.

I know it wasn't cheap but I doubt I paid more than $100-150 for it in 2017 or so.

Posted by: RichH (---.deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com)
Date: November 09, 2023 12:24AM

ugarte
Trotsky

Maybe better than the real thing these days, as this replica has the lower stripe historically correct. The roads the team has been wearing are now just Red Wing blanks with the white going all the way to the bottom hem. It's just wrong.

Posted by: Chris '03 (104.28.55.---)
Date: November 09, 2023 07:53AM

RichH
ugarte
Trotsky

Maybe better than the real thing these days, as this replica has the lower stripe historically correct. The roads the team has been wearing are now just Red Wing blanks with the white going all the way to the bottom hem. It's just wrong.

Was thinking of you Friday night when I noticed that the numbers this year look off too. Notice it with the 1s in particular. More pronounced curves it seemed.

Posted by: Sperris (---.bstnma.fios.verizon.net)
Date: November 09, 2023 09:15AM

Who has Kyle Knopp or Brad Chartrand's jersey and would you be willing to part with it? :)

Posted by: Frozen Four 24 (---.essensys.tech)
Date: November 09, 2023 10:52AM

I saw a Bâby 21 jersey at Allstate Arena in Chicago years ago when he was playing for the Wolves. Also saw someone wearing one at Bright-Landry about 5 years ago when Adam Fox was playing for Harvard. Apparently foxes follow that guy around!

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: November 09, 2023 12:56PM

RichH
ugarte
Trotsky

Wasn't there a season when the men's team used Red Wing blanks at home, with the red arms? uhoh

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: November 09, 2023 12:59PM

ugarte
Trotsky

My mom had them sew an OATES nameplate (and an assistant captain A) on my #20 jersey, but you can tell it was actually Palahicky's because they changed the ECAC patch that year.

But what is the point of taking the numbers off? I understand letting the players keep their nameplates, but are they re-using the numbers on the new jerseys or something?

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Date: November 09, 2023 02:33PM

God knows, but I am glad my Lopatka and Chartrand sweaters predate the stupidity.

Posted by: Swampy (---.datapacket.com)
Date: November 09, 2023 03:04PM

jtwcornell91
ugarte
Trotsky

My mom had them sew an OATES nameplate (and an assistant captain A) on my #20 jersey, but you can tell it was actually Palahicky's because they changed the ECAC patch that year.

But what is the point of taking the numbers off? I understand letting the players keep their nameplates, but are they re-using the numbers on the new jerseys or something?

I don't even see the point of taking the nameplates off. A #1 Dryden jersey or a #25 Nieuwendyk jersey would be a sincere form of tribute to our HOF former players. If MLB can do it for stars like Derek Jeter, why can't Cornell do it for guys like this? cheer

Posted by: RichH (104.28.55.---)
Date: November 09, 2023 03:19PM

Trotsky
God knows, but I am glad my Lopatka and Chartrand sweaters predate the stupidity.

Bill Holowatiuk, here.

Posted by: underskill (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: November 09, 2023 03:26PM

jtwcornell91
RichH
ugarte
Trotsky

Wasn't there a season when the men's team used Red Wing blanks at home, with the red arms? uhoh

I think it was Andy Iles era that happened.

Posted by: Jordan 04 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: November 09, 2023 05:22PM

ugarte
Trotsky

Heh - I have a #6 for Murray but alas, it is an Evan Salmela jersey.

Posted by: cth95 (---.hsd1.vt.comcast.net)
Date: November 09, 2023 09:55PM

Jordan 04
ugarte
Trotsky

Heh - I have a #6 for Murray but alas, it is an Evan Salmela jersey.

I have an away #1 goalie jersey which I wear to play goal in beer league skates. It is a CCM with fight straps from right before they switched brands and used newer, lighter materials. It is only pregame worn, though. The year Louis Chabot wore it, I believe McKee played every minute of every game.

Posted by: George64 (---.rochester.res.rr.com)
Date: November 10, 2023 12:49PM

I pity the players that had to wear these jerseys during their Cornell careers. As I recall, they were designed by a Hum Ec class. The instructor should have been fired.

For those too young to know, or too old to remember - that’s Bob Murray ‘74 and David Groulx ‘76.

Oops, Bill Murray ‘74.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2023 01:14PM by George64.

Posted by: andyw2100 (---.stny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 10, 2023 02:57PM

underskill
jtwcornell91
RichH
ugarte
Trotsky

I think it was Andy Iles era that happened.

Iles is not the answer...

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.229.167.165.res-cmts.sm.ptd.net)
Date: November 10, 2023 06:01PM

George64
I pity the players that had to wear these jerseys during their Cornell careers. As I recall, they were designed by a Hum Ec class. The instructor should have been fired.

For those too young to know, or too old to remember - that’s Bob Murray ‘74 and David Groulx ‘76.

Oops, Bill Murray ‘74.

I remember seeing some games on TV from the MSG holiday tournament during the time they wore those uniforms.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.washdc.fios.verizon.net)
Date: November 10, 2023 06:41PM

George64
As I recall, they were designed by a Hum Ec class.
Not gonna get a husband that way.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2023 06:42PM by Trotsky.

Posted by: The Rancor (98.51.2.---)
Date: November 10, 2023 10:56PM

George64

Oops, Bill Murray ‘74.

They need to do this again, if only a one game (or one season...) Can we do a Cooperall Pants game too?

Posted by: Sperris (---.bstnma.fios.verizon.net)
Date: November 12, 2023 07:01PM

That was worse than I was expecting.

Posted by: billhoward (---.sub-174-197-192.myvzw.com)
Date: November 16, 2023 12:29PM

George64

Oops, Bill Murray ‘74.
There was both Bill Murray '74, a big, solid defenseman who was also a standout soccer player, and forward Bob Murray '74, one of the freshmen who arrived the fall of 1970 just after Ned Harkness departed.

Bob Murray led/leads an interesting life, including a stint in the pros, an MFA from UVM 20 years after graduation, now lives in Taos. His life and times, "house painter to high school teacher to college instructor to music teacher to writing teacher to dream analyst." [www.bobmurraywriter.com]

Bob Murray '74, this decade:

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login