Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

"Voices of the Faithful"- New Pep Band CD

Posted by Chris Parkin '03 
"Voices of the Faithful"- New Pep Band CD
Posted by: Chris Parkin '03 (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: May 19, 2003 04:43PM

The Pep Band is now taking preorders for its long overdue CD, "Voices of the Faithful."
They will probably be done in mid-June and will be available in the Cornell Store shortly thereafter. We'll also have them on sale at home games in the fall.

If you aren't in Ithaca, or would like to guarantee your copy, the band is accepting preorders. The price is $15 per copy plus $2 per order for shipping and handling. Preorders will be shipped as soon as we receive them ourselves.

To order, send your request and a check payable to "Cornell University" to:
Cornell Big Red Pep Band
Teagle Hall, Campus Road
Ithaca, NY 14853

If you have any questions, you can post here or email me personally.

Thanks for your support,
Chris Parkin '03
2002 Pep Band Manager

Re: "Voices of the Faithful"- New Pep Band CD
Posted by: Greg Berge (---.dial.spiritone.com)
Date: May 20, 2003 11:50AM

Very cool. Can you post what is on the CD?

Date: May 20, 2003 12:13PM

The CD is 72 Tracks including 27 full Pep Band songs and 6 radio clips. It runs about 70 minutes.

Posted by: CU at Stanford (---.stanford.edu)
Date: May 20, 2003 02:42PM

laugh Cool, I want my jiffy-poof.

Posted by: jeh25 (---.public.uconn.edu)
Date: May 20, 2003 05:42PM

Chris Parkin '03 wrote:

The CD is 72 Tracks including 27 full Pep Band songs and 6 radio clips. It runs about 70 minutes.

Is it on napster yet? ;)

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.unibe.ch)
Date: May 21, 2003 06:54AM

Chris Parkin '03 wrote:
IIRC, Adam drove up from Philly for the game. (I flew from Texas and missed the fourth quarter of the Rams-Pats Super Bowl) Does that mean the radio call is with Grady and Adam?

Posted by: gtsully (12.110.143.---)
Date: May 21, 2003 09:00AM

Very cool, - another reminder of the best sports weekend ever (C.U. beating Harvard and the Pats winning the Super Bowl... doesn't get much better than that). I can't wait.

Date: May 21, 2003 09:04AM

[Q] IIRC, Adam drove up from Philly for the game. (I flew from Texas and missed the fourth quarter of the Rams-Pats Super Bowl) Does that mean the radio call is with Grady and Adam? [/Q]

That was the weekend indeed. At least one and I think two of the calls include both Grady and Adam.

Posted by: JordanCS (---.bunt.com)
Date: May 25, 2003 05:56AM

I was all set to pre-order, but then I realized I'd be in Ithaca by the time the CDs would get to me. I'll be in Ithaca for a couple days in mid-July before coming back over to Germany, so hopefully I should be able to pick it up then. I've been looking forward to this CD, that Harvard game was the loudest I can remember Lynah.

Posted by: Chris 02 (---.norf.east.verizon.net)
Date: June 20, 2003 11:01PM

BUMP.....As many people around the world tonight gather in anticipation of Harry Potter 5, I am wondering about the state the Pep Band CD that has been eagerly anticipated since last year's Harvard (sucks) game. Are they coming soon???

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.rr.com)
Date: June 22, 2003 08:44AM

Does the Pep Band have a home page? I had a link to the old home page which became inactive over a year ago.

Posted by: Tub(a) (---.cecomet.net)
Date: June 22, 2003 12:15PM

Posted by: Will (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: June 22, 2003 02:36PM

Any idea on a firm release date? Or has it already been released and I haven't seen it yet? Just save me an unnecessary walk over to the Campus Store. :-P

Posted by: random (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: June 22, 2003 09:28PM

are you kidding? the campus store is the shit !!!!!!

Posted by: CU at Stanford (---.stanford.edu)
Date: July 02, 2003 08:42PM

Bump.

Hey, where are the CDs??? screwy

CD Update
Posted by: Chris Parkin '03 (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: July 07, 2003 02:20PM

CD production is supposed to take 6-8 weeks. The CD was out of my hands during the 3rd week of April. 10+ weeks later, I've learned that the CD was "lost" by Calf Audio before it was shipped to be pressed.

I'm now told that it will be the "end of summer" when we get the CDs. I had hoped to have them available this weekend for Alumni Hockey, but that will not be the case.

I'll of course post another update when I learn more. Trust me, no one is more frustrated by this than I.

Posted by: Big Ben 03 (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: July 25, 2003 01:57PM

BUMPY BUMP. . .Any updates? I'm itching for another fix. I don't think my copy of the ECAC championships is going to handle another watching without catching on fire or something. Is that "end of summer" thing soon or really not soon?

Re: CD Update
Posted by: CowbellGuy (---.biotech.cornell.edu)
Date: July 25, 2003 02:00PM

Chris Parkin '03 wrote:

I'll of course post another update when I learn more. Trust me, no one is more frustrated by this than I.
Doesn't that say it all?

Posted by: Big Ben 03 (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: July 26, 2003 02:27AM

Yeah it does. . .I'm definitely jumping the gun here. Sorry.

Date: August 26, 2003 07:43PM

Bump. Any updates? They finally cashed my check this past month. So it's gotta be happening soon.

Re:
Date: September 21, 2003 02:00PM

Any ideas?

Post Edited (12-06-03 15:30)

Posted by: bad news (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: September 22, 2003 02:59AM

artwork problems have pushed back the release again.

Posted by: gtsully (12.45.229.---)
Date: September 22, 2003 09:30AM

Seriously, at this point, screw the artwork and just ship the damn CD.

[/frustration]

Posted by: CU at Stanford (---.Stanford.EDU)
Date: September 24, 2003 05:38PM

How needs artwork??? I agree, send the CD already...

Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: October 19, 2003 02:16PM

I won a $25 gift certificate to the Campus Store last night at the Red/White game. Yay me. So, has the new pep bad CD arrived there yet or not? :-D

Posted by: Chris Parkin '03 (---.phil.east.verizon.net)
Date: October 19, 2003 10:10PM

As I understand it, the CDs physically exist... somewhere...

As was mentioned, the art work held up production. At this point my understanding is that all we are waiting for is the art to get printed and packaged with the CD. No one has been willing to give me a time frame on that, so I have little to go on. Hopefully it won't be too much longer...

Posted by: CU at Stanford (---.Stanford.EDU)
Date: October 22, 2003 12:07PM

Can we please have the CDs ready for the Harvard game in December? How about in time for holiday presents? Or, before the Harvard game in January.....

I want my CD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-D

Date: October 31, 2003 07:22PM

BUMP

Posted by: RedAR (---.harvard.edu)
Date: November 03, 2003 08:46AM

seriously, how about you guys forget about the cover art, and just sell the CD? I think most of us can live without the cover.

Re:
Posted by: rhovorka (---.stny.rr.com)
Date: November 03, 2003 01:03PM

Seriously, I'm willing to bet that if there were a product to give you to stop this whining, the people responsible would do so.

This isn't an mp3 CD they are making in someone's basement, and I'm pretty sure that the delays in receiving product aren't the fault of or in the control of any of the bandies who could read this forum. I'm confidently certain that they want this done more than anyone else here. So rest assured that the sun will rise tomorrow with or without this CD, and please just chill out. As soon as it's available, I'm sure it'll be posted here so it can be sold and bring meaning your existence. ;-)

Post Edited (11-03-03 13:07)

Posted by: DisplacedCornellian (128.239.189.---)
Date: November 03, 2003 03:11PM

Well, i'm not one of those "whining" about the CD...but those who are have a valid reason to, IMHO. Some people pre-ordered and paid for these things a loooong time ago. The CD was supposed to be out in June. Why should they "chill out"? Just because it'll make you feel better?

flipa

Date: November 03, 2003 03:23PM

DisplacedCornellian wrote:
Why should they "chill out"? Just because it'll make you feel better?
Two reasons: 1) because there's nothing they or anyone connected with the pep band can do about it. 2) So the people who read this forum regularly don't have to see someone "bump" this thread unnecessarily every 2 weeks.

flipa
Now that's mature. Right back at you.

Date: November 03, 2003 03:29PM

People want updates. Seems like a reasonable place to get them.

As for seeing this thread bumped unnecessarily...are any of the threads on this forum actually "necessary"??? If you don't want to read the thread, DON'T CLICK ON IT! (really hard, I know)

Posted by: Jacob 03 (---.mobility-dn.psu.edu)
Date: November 03, 2003 03:30PM

While you may be used to a product supplier that reacts to consumers bitching (justified as it may be in some cases) on third-party message boards, I'm pretty sure it's not going to amount to much on this one. That may be a better motivation behind chilling out than the bettered feelings of some frequenters of this message board.

Date: November 03, 2003 03:39PM

People want updates. Seems like a reasonable place to get them.

Chris Parkin has posted updates without prompting here, and I know that he will do so as soon as he has more information himself.

[Q]As for seeing this thread bumped unnecessarily...are any of the threads on this forum actually "necessary"??? If you don't want to read the thread, DON'T CLICK ON IT! (really hard, I know)[/Q]
Like everyone else, I'd like to get news on this topic also. When I see that there is a new post on this thread, I click on it thinking that there may be official news. When I click on it and see it's another person asking "is it ready yet? just gimmie!!!!!!!!!" it annoys me. So the ol' "well don't read this thread" argument doesn't really fly, DC.

Chris will post info when he has it, that was my message to the people here. No need to attack me.

Posted by: SmallPerson (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: November 03, 2003 04:14PM

Can't we all just get along?? :-/

Posted by: RedAR (---.gsd.harvard.edu)
Date: November 03, 2003 04:18PM

:-) seriously, let's all just get along :-)
i promise i won't bump this thread again, ok?

but on a practical point, if the copyright for an image on the cover art is what is delaying the cd, it seems that changing the cover art to expedite the process could be an option.

Date: November 03, 2003 04:19PM

*extends the olive branch*

Date: November 03, 2003 04:33PM

**Taken**

And I apologize for insulting those anxious people here. No hard feelings, really.

I wish I knew exactly why it's been a long wait. I can tell you that the first CD recorded in '97 also had a very lengthy process as well. That time, I think there were issues with getting approvals to use the music...the arrangements played were copyrighted, and given that it was the first recording endeavor the pep band ever had, it was a learning process. This time, if Calf Audio "lost" the project as reported here, that's pretty poor on their part.

Date: November 03, 2003 04:35PM

RedAR wrote:
but on a practical point, if the copyright for an image on the cover art is what is delaying the cd, it seems that changing the cover art to expedite the process could be an option.
The way I understand it, first the CDs were lost, then the cover art was improperly made. Not a copyright issue at this point. Just design and production.

Posted by: RedAR (---.gsd.harvard.edu)
Date: November 03, 2003 04:40PM

my bad. for some reason, i had it stuck in my mind that it was a copyright issue.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.loyno.edu)
Date: November 03, 2003 04:57PM

Rich H '96 wrote:

**Taken**
See, isn't it nice not to be the USCHO Fan Forum, where someone actually said "you can take your olive branch and shove it up your ass"? :-)

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: November 03, 2003 05:13PM

John T. Whelan '91 wrote:
See, isn't it nice not to be the USCHO Fan Forum, where someone actually said "you can take your olive branch and shove it up your ass"? :-)
Sorry, I was in a bad mood that day.

KIDDING. B-]

Re:
Date: December 06, 2003 03:29PM

Post Edited (12-06-03 17:51)

Re:
Posted by: Chips '03 (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: December 06, 2003 04:55PM

Fine fine, the latest news on the CD that I know of is that they had it finished, and sent 500 copies to Tom LaFalce, and were about to start distributing them. The guy in charge said "Hold on, gimme a few to make sure everything's kosher." He got five, popped 'em in the CD player, and discovered that they had made 500 copies of CD 2.0 instead of 3.0. That meant one extraneous song not supposed to be on the CD, absolutely no blank space between cheers/songs, 2 copies of the same cheer, and no Schaefer. Therefore, back they went. This was a month or two ago. In the mean time, the contact in Ithaca ended up in the hospital. So, that's another slowdown. He'll be fine, but the current plan for the CD is to ship 'em back to Texas, where they're going to burn 500 of the correct CD, unwrap the 500 bad CDs, put the good CDs in, reshrink-wrap them, and send them back.

They might be done in time for Christmas, but considering how things have gone, then again, they might be done by playoffs. That's what I've been told and I'm stickin' to it.

Re:
Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: December 06, 2003 05:49PM

Any chance we could get free copies of the bad CDs, since you're not gonna sell them anyway? :-D

Date: December 06, 2003 05:50PM

Thanks for the update!

Re:
Posted by: Erica (---.IERN.DISA.MIL)
Date: December 08, 2003 09:43AM

I think everybody should get free copies of the good CDs, seeing how incompetent this company is.

Posted by: Chips '03 (---.biz.rr.com)
Date: December 08, 2003 10:57AM

"Wait wait, we don't need a written contract, everything will be fine."

Stupid athletics...

Posted by: dss28 (---.client.comcast.net)
Date: December 08, 2003 12:03PM

Aight, I have a stupid question.

Is this that CD of the cheers (that was made at the Brown game 2 years ago) that I was referring to with that other thread I started, or is this a different one?

...sorry...

Date: December 08, 2003 12:16PM

The very same

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login