Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Bag policy

Posted by ACM 
Bag policy
Posted by: ACM (---.rochester.res.rr.com)
Date: October 10, 2022 09:01AM

Bag policy. Have at it.

Re: Bag policy
Posted by: French Rage (136.226.49.---)
Date: October 10, 2022 09:11AM

Pretty much any venue in the country has this policy now, so not exactly surprising. Women not being able to bring a purse is definitely inconvenient (based on the sample set of my wife), but the clear bags are usually large enough for all other gameday needs.

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Posted by: upprdeck (38.77.26.---)
Date: October 10, 2022 09:43AM

I was at the JMA Dome a few weeks ago and a lady had a purse in front of me that they wouldnt let thru..

They just pointed at a sign that showed the size allowed for a purse.. it was about 5-6 inches big,

She said but the parking guy said it would be fine.. The Security lady just rolled her eyes and said, Ha the parking attendants , dont listen to them..

They then had to decide what to do with the 15- min walk back out to the lots.. No way they got back in time to start the game..

At least at Lynah, for most its a few min back to a parked car.

Posted by: billhoward (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: October 11, 2022 11:27AM

Cornell
Are bags permitted?
Cornell Athletics strongly discourages guests from bringing bags, but if a bag is necessary, all bags are subject to inspection. Permissible bags include clear totes (not exceeding 12”x6”x12”), 1-gallon clear storage bags, strapless/handheld clutches (not exceeding 6.5" x 4.5" ) and diaper bags (must be accompanied by a child).
Or accompanied by people over 75.

Rules! This harks back to high school and rules you got around through creative thinking, arguably an important adult skill for creating better products, savvier ad campaigns, or shirking work. I got in trouble for wearing prescription sunglasses during outdoor phys-ed (solution: note from eye doctor). Then there was dress code: Girls could wear sandals, boys could not. Or maybe it was boys could, but only with socks. Or the rule that pants had to be loose enough for a ping pong ball to drop down; now some schools have rules jeans can't be so loose that, what, a bowling ball won't fall down. Parochial school girls had to figure ways to adjust their skirts so when they went to their knees, the hem reached the ground.

Cornell says, "Fans who bring unauthorized bags to the game will be asked to return the bags to their vehicle. No secure storage options will be available for personal belongings," and some rabble-rouser could argue Cornell sports encourages elitism (possession of cars) and use of scarce resources (the gasoline cars run on, versus walking).

We do possess a giveaway trade show clear backpack that got us into Schoellkopf for Homecoming football and fireworks. It worked fine. At least Cornell doesn't stop people from bringing in water bottles. I believe I saw students getting more Schoellopf scrutiny than people of middle age or worse.

Posted by: billhoward (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: October 11, 2022 11:29AM

Discuss: Impact on the home Harvard hockey game.

Posted by: Dafatone (---.sub-174-235-212.myvzw.com)
Date: October 11, 2022 11:39AM

billhoward
Discuss: Impact on the home Harvard hockey game.

Nobody's searching pants for fish.

Unless they are. It's been a while since I've been to a game at Lynah

Posted by: Rita (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: October 11, 2022 08:39PM

These bag policies are a main reason why I do not have any desire to go to games at stadiums/arenas, even the local minor league ball park. I'm ALWAYS cold. I need a sweatshirt. My wallet is big - i do not have all my life essentials on my phone. I always carry a bottle of ibuprofen. My Keys are chunky and on a lanyard. I need a purse tote bag for my stuff. it won't all fit into a 1 gallon zip lock bag and those zip lock bags do not have shoulder straps. Finally, I'm not so keen on leaving important things in the car - with my luck i'll would be parked next to these idiots.

It is sad that at your college hockey rink that they have to be so strict. I get it at things like super bowls - but for the fish and fowl game?

I'm just going to stay in my cat4 fortified home and never leave.

Posted by: RichH (104.28.78.---)
Date: October 11, 2022 09:10PM

Rita

It is sad that at your college hockey rink that they have to be so strict. I get it at things like super bowls - but for the fish and fowl game?

The obvious result of the "Could it happen HERE?!??" culture that local newscasts exist to promote is an excuse to implement extreme security theater measures even for a small-town college hockey barn.

I think the funniest promotion of the past year was the Washington Nationals game where the giveaway was an insulated bag (non-clear). It was given out to the first 30,000 fans to *leave* the game, since the clear-bags only policy had been announced. (Yes, I know not giving out a bag after you enter still doesn't make sense.) Given the quality of the post-firesafe team, they really didn't need another reason to encourage fans to leave early. Oh, the attendance was 28,000, so it's not like it mattered.

Posted by: abmarks (---.hsd1.vt.comcast.net)
Date: October 12, 2022 12:29AM

Rita
These bag policies are a main reason why I do not have any desire to go to games at stadiums/arenas, even the local minor league ball park. I'm ALWAYS cold. I need a sweatshirt. My wallet is big - i do not have all my life essentials on my phone. I always carry a bottle of ibuprofen. My Keys are chunky and on a lanyard. I need a purse tote bag for my stuff. it won't all fit into a 1 gallon zip lock bag and those zip lock bags do not have shoulder straps. Finally, I'm not so keen on leaving important things in the car - with my luck i'll would be parked next to these idiots.

I'm taking your post as sincere (hopefully I didn't misread the tone.)

Karen Alert!

You just don't want to be bothered with the easy solutions to your issues here. You don't "need" a tote, you want one.

-im always cold too. So I either layer up before getting out of the car or tie the extra sweatshirt, jacket, whatever around my waist.

-you really need all the crap in your big wallet for a hockey game? When I don't want to lug my wallet around, like if I'm stuck wearing a suit to some event, I grab a super slim wallet I keep for that purpose and move my ID, credit card, some cash and maybe an insurance card into it.

Do you really need more than that?

-instead of a whole bottle of ibuprofen, use a tiny pill bottle that you keep in a go bag and keep it filled ,and just put it in your pocket. How many tabs could you l need in a 3 hour span?

-omg with the keys. You don't need all your life keys at the rink. Keep a spare key ring with duplicate house key and car key to bring into the rink. Again, you need.more than that?

All that easily fits into pant.pockets and we haven't even used the gallon bag, or stuffed a few things in a jacket pocket.

You need more than that? Really?

Posted by: French Rage (136.226.49.---)
Date: October 12, 2022 10:38AM

Again, you can still bring stuff in in the clear bag, and you can fit a good deal in in the 12x12x6 bag. A sweatshirt, a bottle of pills, etc. will all fit in there easily. Phone and keys could too, though I could see your concern about them being easy to steal due to that; I'm a guy so all of that fits in my pockets, but YMMV. They implemented the same policy at Stanford football games 3-4 years ago, and while I expected to hate it then, it actually somehow made things more convenient and definitely sped up the lines to get in.

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Posted by: Rita (---.ftmy.centurylink.net)
Date: October 12, 2022 08:09PM

abmarks
Rita

I'm taking your post as sincere (hopefully I didn't misread the tone.)

Karen Alert!

You just don't want to be bothered with the easy solutions to your issues here. You don't "need" a tote, you want one.

-im always cold too. So I either layer up before getting out of the car or tie the extra sweatshirt, jacket, whatever around my waist.

-you really need all the crap in your big wallet for a hockey game? When I don't want to lug my wallet around, like if I'm stuck wearing a suit to some event, I grab a super slim wallet I keep for that purpose and move my ID, credit card, some cash and maybe an insurance card into it.

Do you really need more than that?

-instead of a whole bottle of ibuprofen, use a tiny pill bottle that you keep in a go bag and keep it filled ,and just put it in your pocket. How many tabs could you l need in a 3 hour span?

-omg with the keys. You don't need all your life keys at the rink. Keep a spare key ring with duplicate house key and car key to bring into the rink. Again, you need.more than that?

All that easily fits into pant.pockets and we haven't even used the gallon bag, or stuffed a few things in a jacket pocket.

You need more than that? Really?

I got stuff and I need a bag and I want a bag. Yes, I am particular. I get the security policies and it is my option to stay home with my stuff.

There is a point where moving my stuff into security friendly containers and stuffing my pockets isn't worth it. And remember, I said that the zip-lock bags NOT having shoulder straps was also a deal breaker for me :). Yeah, I could figure out a way to condense my worldly possessions - but it would have to be for something special v. something I can watch from the comfort of my couch.

Again - the security policies reflect where we are as a nation and a global community. It is the world we live in - along with wildfires that rage out of control, storms that intensify into near cat 5 hurricanes in 36 hr and the pandemics.

But to show I'm not a total pessimist / Debbie Downer - I am hopeful that Cornell will finish in the ECAC top 4.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: October 14, 2022 03:51PM

RichH
Rita

The obvious result of the "Could it happen HERE?!??" culture that local newscasts exist to promote is an excuse to implement extreme security theater measures even for a small-town college hockey barn.

The reason I don't have an Adler Mannheim puck and coffee mug to go with the scarf is that the fanshop in the SAP Arena wouldn't sell them to us until after the game (and I wasn't sure we'd have time to go back to the shop and still catch the train back to Heidelberg). My approximate reaction was "what sort of hooligans do you have down here?"

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login