Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Cornell at Princeton

Posted by CAS 
Cornell at Princeton
Posted by: CAS (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: October 04, 2022 10:09AM

…Tickets for the Nov 4th game are now on sale

Re: Cornell at Princeton
Posted by: Iceberg (---.tmodns.net)
Date: October 04, 2022 12:55PM

I find it funny that tickets for this game only went on sale today but for the game at Lynah East, which isn't until January, the tickets have already been on sale for a while. I guess Harvard must really need that liquidity from ticket sales

Posted by: upprdeck (38.77.26.---)
Date: October 04, 2022 01:03PM

Wouldnt it be related to how teams do season tickets.. Cornell season tickets had until last Friday to renew so they could really sell tickets to single games until after that. Harvard might do season tickets by Sept 1st?

Cornell waits pretty late which also adds to less time to contact people who might have forgotten or move people around or process new season ticket requests before opening up game tickets.

Posted by: marty (---.sub-174-197-200.myvzw.com)
Date: October 04, 2022 02:23PM

upprdeck
Wouldnt it be related to how teams do season tickets.. Cornell season tickets had until last Friday to renew so...

Since I received an email noting that season tickets were on sale (and haven't had season tickets since 72-73) I wondered if the wait list is no longer.

The 3 season tickets near my seats and held by my friends @ RPI in Troy aren't being renewed. Is there a similar trend at Lynah?

Posted by: RichH (---.deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com)
Date: October 04, 2022 03:55PM

upprdeck
Wouldnt it be related to how teams do season tickets.. Cornell season tickets had until last Friday to renew so they could really sell tickets to single games until after that. Harvard might do season tickets by Sept 1st?

I mean, they only have to call three people.

Posted by: CAS (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: October 05, 2022 02:40PM

Fwiw, the Princeton ticket site now says ticket
availability for the Cornell game is limited.

Posted by: billhoward (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: October 05, 2022 04:25PM

CAS
Fwiw, the Princeton ticket site now says ticket availability for the Cornell game is limited.
That's what the Princeton site has said since Cornell first played there circa 1960. Seats are always available at Hobey Baker. Last year to be safe, we either went to the rink and got tickets at 4:30 pm then went to dinner at Winberies, or got them online a day or two in advance.

Here's why it's a "sellout" even when hundreds of seats have been unsat-in since the days of Brooke Shields and McKenzie Scott Bezos. Princeton allocates free seats to studens.

Princeton ticket office
Undergraduate and Graduate Students:
All Princeton University Undergraduate and Graduate Students have free admission to every Princeton Athletics home regular season event.Simply bring your Princeton ID card to the event and you will be admitted free of charge. [tickets.princeton.edu].
Princeton P.S. There's a service charge if you buy your tickets online [$1], over the phone [$2] or at the box office [$2]. If you order so early they can be mailed, there's a surcharge for that.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2022 04:48PM by billhoward.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.washdc.fios.verizon.net)
Date: October 05, 2022 06:10PM

Exactly 30 days to conference hockey.

cheer

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.229.45.21.res-cmts.sm.ptd.net)
Date: October 05, 2022 08:05PM

billhoward
CAS
Fwiw, the Princeton ticket site now says ticket availability for the Cornell game is limited.
That's what the Princeton site has said since Cornell first played there circa 1960. Seats are always available at Hobey Baker. Last year to be safe, we either went to the rink and got tickets at 4:30 pm then went to dinner at Winberies, or got them online a day or two in advance.

Here's why it's a "sellout" even when hundreds of seats have been unsat-in since the days of Brooke Shields and McKenzie Scott Bezos. Princeton allocates free seats to students.

Princeton ticket office
Undergraduate and Graduate Students:
All Princeton University Undergraduate and Graduate Students have free admission to every Princeton Athletics home regular season event.Simply bring your Princeton ID card to the event and you will be admitted free of charge. [tickets.princeton.edu].
Princeton P.S. There's a service charge if you buy your tickets online [$1], over the phone [$2] or at the box office [$2]. If you order so early they can be mailed, there's a surcharge for that.

Actually, I showed up at the box office a few years ago and was told they had even sold out standing room. I only got in thanks to Ned and Annie Dykes (and a couple of passes).

Date: October 05, 2022 09:53PM

That is progress (for Princeton selling out). I'm trying to recall if ever Princeton sold out a Cornell game. In truth, we did get tickets in advance, just in case of another sellout happening. But there will always be empty seats, because of the set-asides for students to come in on a student ID.

Posted by: Iceberg (---.phlapa.fios.verizon.net)
Date: October 31, 2022 04:55PM

I bought my tickets when they initially went on sale but apparently the local alumni association in Philadelphia still has a block of unsold tickets going for $6 each. I don't think the sales page is restricted and I can PM the link to anyone who still needs tickets

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: November 04, 2022 07:39AM

Schafer out with Covid...again.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: November 04, 2022 07:39AM

Schafer out with Covid...again.

Posted by: Dafatone (---.sub-174-198-64.myvzw.com)
Date: November 04, 2022 07:59AM

Team's gotta stop traveling to the upper midwest, I guess.

Posted by: ACM (---.rochester.res.rr.com)
Date: November 04, 2022 09:01AM

And now this from WHCU.

Date: November 04, 2022 09:31AM

could be the same deal..

its actually pretty shocking how few issues CFB season has had this year when you actually look at the numbers of cases is really pretty high. Last year we wore masks and were tested a ton and this year most are not wearing masks and getting tested/or reporting and the case numbers are about the same. That would lead you to think the numbers are actually higher this year.

Date: November 04, 2022 09:52AM

upprdeck
could be the same deal..

its actually pretty shocking how few issues CFB season has had this year when you actually look at the numbers of cases is really pretty high. Last year we wore masks and were tested a ton and this year most are not wearing masks and getting tested/or reporting and the case numbers are about the same. That would lead you to think the numbers are actually higher this year.

It's all kind of up in the air, isn't it. I suspect there are a lot of mild cases not being reported. Omicron (and its subvariants) is more mild than Delta, and the vast majority of people have some immunity from vaccines and/or infections. But hospitalizations aren't spiking (although there are still a lot of them).

Seems likely that a lot of people get COVID, home test, and don't officially report it.

Posted by: redice (---.stny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 04, 2022 10:07AM

ACM
And now this from WHCU.

Damn, I'll be forced to listen to the ESPN+ announcers (home team announcers). I usually have the radio on, listening to Jason.

-Ned Harkness

Date: November 04, 2022 10:57AM

so many unknowns. I do know that at work about 10 people have gotten sick in the last 2-3 months and everyone of them said it kicked their butts.

I did always wonder why Cornell cases didnt match the Tompkins county cases.. Many days Cornell had more than the county ever recorded.

Date: November 04, 2022 11:00AM

upprdeck
so many unknowns. I do know that at work about 10 people have gotten sick in the last 2-3 months and everyone of them said it kicked their butts.

I did always wonder why Cornell cases didnt match the Tompkins county cases.. Many days Cornell had more than the county ever recorded.

Here in South Dakota, we went through a long stretch where there were more new cases weekly than there were active cases. Good luck figuring that one out.

Posted by: Swampy (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: November 04, 2022 05:08PM

Dafatone
upprdeck

Here in South Dakota, we went through a long stretch where there were more new cases weekly than there were active cases. Good luck figuring that one out.

I think political geography is probably explanation enough. I believe there are no mandatory national standards for reporting active cases.

Date: November 04, 2022 05:50PM

If WHCU's staff is anything like its listeners, none of them are vaccinated.

Posted by: Iceberg (172.56.217.---)
Date: November 04, 2022 06:17PM

I don't think I've ever been here for a game outside of early January (couldn't make it last season at the last minute). I've never seen so much foot traffic in downtown Princeton before when getting in
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2022 06:17PM by Iceberg.

Date: November 04, 2022 06:31PM

Iceberg
I don't think I've ever been here for a game outside of early January (couldn't make it last season at the last minute). I've never seen so much foot traffic in downtown Princeton before when getting in
York Pizza was good. In the 80s.

Date: November 04, 2022 07:08PM

Cornell getting good pressure early.

If anybody sees the Media pre-season poll for the ECC please post it to eLynah. I have only seen the Coaches poll.

Date: November 04, 2022 07:38PM

17 shots in this period for Cornell but nothing in the net yet.

Posted by: margolism (---.sub-174-250-8.myvzw.com)
Date: November 04, 2022 07:44PM

Where is Schaefer?

Date: November 04, 2022 07:56PM

margolism
Where is Schaefer?
Covid.

Posted by: CU2007 (---.stny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 04, 2022 08:09PM

Did the ECAC hockey app get mothballed?

Date: November 04, 2022 08:11PM

Playing well but we are letting them get behind us a little, and despite the huge shot differential you can see Princeton starting to look for the quick counter.

We could really use a Cornell goal to set them back a bit. PU starting to feel they can withstand a huge shot differntial and still try to break out.

Date: November 04, 2022 08:12PM

NICE, SEGER PPG!!!

Posted by: Dunc (---.cit.cornell.edu)
Date: November 04, 2022 08:16PM

Let’s go! Rego with Cornell’s second in 39 seconds!

Date: November 04, 2022 08:53PM

This has been an entertaining game. Tigers playing well. Cornell now being cautious, we need to survive the 14:48 pp.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2022 08:54PM by Trotsky.

Date: November 04, 2022 08:56PM

Shane being tested here in the third and looking good.

Date: November 04, 2022 09:04PM

Hey, Princeton. You're an embarrassment to Sweet Caroline.

And Sweet Caroline sucks.

Posted by: Scersk '97 (38.81.106.---)
Date: November 04, 2022 09:10PM

Well, Princeton can’t complain about not getting calls… rolleyes

Posted by: CU2007 (---.stny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 04, 2022 09:58PM

Quick look shows only 2 ECAC teams in the top 30 of the RPI/Pairwise. I assume this means the league did not do well in the early, heavy non-conference portion of the schedule. Could be another tough year for ECAC at large tourney bids?

Disclaimer: I know there is still a lot of hockey to be played.

Date: November 04, 2022 11:52PM

i dont clarkson starting 2-6 helped anything.

Posted by: Iceberg (---.phlapa.fios.verizon.net)
Date: November 05, 2022 12:23AM

Trotsky

The canned music after every stoppage really took away from the atmosphere of the rink. I don't remember it being nearly that bad in previous years. Someone did ask me why the band wasn't there. I guess financial reasons? I couldn't think of any other good answer.

As for the game, it was clear which team had better personnel. However, that was one of the more defensively responsible Princeton teams I've seen as they blocked quite a number of shots and didn't give Cornell too many great looks in the 1st instead of folding early like they usually do in those games at Baker rink. Things will need to be a bit cleaner against Q tomorrow, as some of the Princeton chances came on unforced errors if you exclude all the penalty kill situations
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2022 12:25AM by Iceberg.

Posted by: French Rage (165.225.243.---)
Date: November 05, 2022 12:30AM

No one else mentioning Schafer's 500th win?!

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Posted by: ugarte (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: November 05, 2022 12:58AM

French Rage
No one else mentioning Schafer's 500th win?!
seemed weird to read about that after finding out that he missed the game with covid. congrats on being the first man to get COVID-500.

Posted by: Chris '03 (---.deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com)
Date: November 05, 2022 08:31AM

Iceberg
Trotsky

The canned music after every stoppage really took away from the atmosphere of the rink. I don't remember it being nearly that bad in previous years. Someone did ask me why the band wasn't there. I guess financial reasons? I couldn't think of any other good answer.

As for the game, it was clear which team had better personnel. However, that was one of the more defensively responsible Princeton teams I've seen as they blocked quite a number of shots and didn't give Cornell too many great looks in the 1st instead of folding early like they usually do in those games at Baker rink. Things will need to be a bit cleaner against Q tomorrow, as some of the Princeton chances came on unforced errors if you exclude all the penalty kill situations

Cornell band is in ithaca for Penn football today. They almost never travel when there's a home football game the same weekend. Membership overlap between marching band and pep band is significant.

Posted by: dbilmes (64.224.255.---)
Date: November 05, 2022 08:42AM

Iceberg

I'm sure there will be even more canned music tonight at Q, especially without the pep band. But at least the Q cheerleaders will be there.

Posted by: scoop85 (---.72.124.70.lightower.net)
Date: November 05, 2022 09:31AM

Iceberg
Trotsky

Yep, Princeton’s defensive structure was significantly better than in recent years and limited 2nd chance opportunities. That being said if Tukper buried the breakaway to make it 3-0 we could’ve rested easier in the 3rd.

Date: November 05, 2022 09:41AM

Chris '03
Cornell band is in ithaca for Penn football today. They almost never travel when there's a home football game the same weekend. Membership overlap between marching band and pep band is significant.
Cornell alumni band would still be better than the Princeton band let alone the Princeton recorded music.

Also, how many Cornell musicians to you know. The first horn overcomes silence.

Date: November 05, 2022 10:59AM

On to Quin. Colgate gave them a good game considering they took 11 penalties

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login