Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Recruits 2023 and beyond

Posted by scoop85 
Page: Previous123 4 
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Recruits 2023 and beyond
Posted by: scoop85 (---.nyc.biz.rr.com)
Date: June 29, 2023 04:10PM

Harvard had only 1 recruit drafted, Sean Keohane, in the 6th round. Here's a complete list of NCAA draftees

Posted by: CAS (104.28.79.---)
Date: June 29, 2023 06:08PM

Cornell will have five incoming freshmen who have been drafted (two in the 3rd round, one in
the 4th, & 2 in the 6th).

Posted by: BearLover (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: June 29, 2023 08:15PM

When is the last time Cornell had five entering freshmen who were drafted?

Posted by: Trotsky (12.151.182.---)
Date: June 30, 2023 10:44AM

BearLover
Never.

Date: June 30, 2023 11:02AM

Trotsky
BearLover
Never.
I see from tbrw.info that it used to be far more common for players to be drafted after their freshman season rather than prior to matriculating. In 1989, we actually had six players in the entering class who were drafted—but five of them weren’t drafted until their freshman season ended. (Same in 1990, though three of those were “supplemental” draft picks, whatever that means.)

Date: June 30, 2023 11:07AM

BearLover
Trotsky
BearLover
Never.
I see from tbrw.info that it used to be far more common for players to be drafted after their freshman season rather than prior to matriculating. In 1989, we actually had six players in the entering class who were drafted—but five of them weren’t drafted until their freshman season ended. (Same in 1990, though three of those were “supplemental” draft picks, whatever that means.)

Like I said. :-)

Posted by: 617BigRed (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: June 30, 2023 11:14AM

From the Boston Globe about Bruins pick Ryan Walsh:

Round 6 Pick 188
Ryan Walsh C Cedar Rapids RoughRiders (USHL)

The Cornell commit who set a franchise record in points (79) in 61 games with the RoughRiders. Along with 30 goals and 49 assists, the 19-year-old had a +21 this past season. The Rochester NY native also has an intriguing frame at 6-foot-1 and 181 pounds.

Round 6 Pick 188 C Ryan Walsh
Boston didn’t deviate from their draft strategy in the sixth round, selecting center Ryan Walsh out of the USHL.

The Rochester, New York, native is a 6-foot-1, right-shot forward who set a new team record with the Cedar Rapids Roughriders (USHL) with 79 points (30 goals, 49 assists) over 61 games this past year.

Walsh, who turns 20 on August 25, went undrafted over the previous two years. But he ranked second in the USHL in scoring behind only Chicago Steel F Macklin Celebrini — who is projected to be the No. 1 overall pick in the 2024 NHL Draft.

Walsh will play for Cornell this fall.

“Little longer trajectory there,” Sweeney said of Walsh. “The area guys really feel strongly about his path. He’s going to go to Cornell next year, and probably as a young player, make an impact there.”

Date: June 30, 2023 11:30AM

617BigRed

Round 6 Pick 188

The Cornell commit who set a franchise record in points (79) in 61 games with the RoughRiders. Along with 30 goals and 49 assists, the 19-year-old had a +21 this past season. The Rochester NY native also has an intriguing frame at 6-foot-1 and 181 pounds.

Boston didn’t deviate from their draft strategy in the sixth round, selecting center Ryan Walsh out of the USHL.

The Rochester, New York, native is a 6-foot-1, right-shot forward who set a new team record with the Cedar Rapids Roughriders (USHL) with 79 points (30 goals, 49 assists) over 61 games this past year.

Walsh, who turns 20 on August 25, went undrafted over the previous two years. But he ranked second in the USHL in scoring behind only Chicago Steel F Macklin Celebrini — who is projected to be the No. 1 overall pick in the 2024 NHL Draft.

“Little longer trajectory there,” Sweeney said of Walsh. “The area guys really feel strongly about his path. He’s going to go to Cornell next year, and probably as a young player, make an impact there.”
Walsh is an interesting case. He didn’t play junior hockey until this year and was a Brown commit a year ago. Then he exploded in his first year of the USHL, putting up the second most points in the entire league. Despite this, no NHL draft scouting service had him ranked. On the one hand it seemed crazy that the second-leading scorer in the hardest junior league could go undrafted. But on the other hand, it is rare for a player to be passed on twice in the draft and then taken his third year of eligibility. It seemed there would be a higher chance of Pirtle or Robertson getting drafted. Pirtle hasn’t played junior hockey yet but has been highly regarded for awhile now. Robertson has had a very good USHL career and is a puck-moving defenseman, something everybody wants these days. But at the end of the day it was Walsh who got picked.

Posted by: arugula (---.sub-174-197-130.myvzw.com)
Date: June 30, 2023 03:42PM

Don’t care how many nice things Sweeney says about one of our guys, he still Sucks.

Posted by: scoop85 (---.nyc.biz.rr.com)
Date: June 30, 2023 04:10PM

BearLover
617BigRed

Round 6 Pick 188

Walsh is an interesting case. He didn’t play junior hockey until this year and was a Brown commit a year ago. Then he exploded in his first year of the USHL, putting up the second most points in the entire league. Despite this, no NHL draft scouting service had him ranked. On the one hand it seemed crazy that the second-leading scorer in the hardest junior league could go undrafted. But on the other hand, it is rare for a player to be passed on twice in the draft and then taken his third year of eligibility. It seemed there would be a higher chance of Pirtle or Robertson getting drafted. Pirtle hasn’t played junior hockey yet but has been highly regarded for awhile now. Robertson has had a very good USHL career and is a puck-moving defenseman, something everybody wants these days. But at the end of the day it was Walsh who got picked.

I know he was an older kid, but boy did he kill it in the USHL last season.

Posted by: underskill (204.194.190.---)
Date: July 04, 2023 09:36AM

Posted by: dbilmes (64.224.255.---)
Date: July 04, 2023 04:18PM

underskill
[www.thestar.com]
Four of this school's last five captains have (or will be going to) played for Cornell. That's a good pipeline for us.

Posted by: scoop85 (---.hvc.res.rr.com)
Date: July 04, 2023 04:37PM

dbilmes
underskill
[www.thestar.com]
Four of this school's last five captains have (or will be going to) played for Cornell. That's a good pipeline for us.

And all of them were NHL draftees

Posted by: Trotsky (---.washdc.fios.verizon.net)
Date: July 04, 2023 09:08PM

Whither Aidan Cobb and Sean Mahoney? '02 Cornell commitments who have now disappeared off the radar. Cobb at least is playing hockey at Cornell -- for the club team.

Wha- happen?
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2023 09:09PM by Trotsky.

Date: July 04, 2023 09:13PM

Trotsky
Whither Aidan Cobb and Sean Mahoney? '02 Cornell commitments who have now disappeared off the radar. Cobb at least is playing hockey at Cornell -- for the club team.

Wha- happen?

Just speculation on my part, but I believe Mahoney struggled with injuries, and Cobb never seemed to develop his game after leaving the prep school ranks.

Date: July 04, 2023 09:26PM

Michael Sandruck. I missed this guy. He announced his commitment in Instagram.

Posted by: profudge (172.76.229.---)
Date: July 05, 2023 06:25AM

Listed at 6'1" and 205 lbs he should give the forwards good size.

Posted by: Redpucks1! (---.res.spectrum.com)
Date: July 31, 2023 01:19PM

Tomorrow is a big day on the college hockey recruiting calendar - 8/1 is the first day that '07 birth years can commit. (First day they could be contacted by schools was 1/1/23). I have no inside connection to Cornell Hockey, just a fan, but I'm really hoping they are in on these 3 players. In no particular order they are:

1. Cooper Dennis - Ithaca, NY!! On the small side but, who cares, the guy can score. Plays for the Bishop Kearney Selects and has lit it up at each level. Some are saying he has the best shot in his age group and have heard that he should have made the USNTDP U17's but did not.

2. William Moore - NTDP U17 team for the 2023-'24 season. Elite Prospects lists him as hailing from Mississauga, Ontario but the USA Hockey U17 roster lists him as being from Ithaca. (Not certain but think his father may be a Cornell professor so that may be the reason behind listing Ithaca as his hometown).

3. Aidan Lane - Will be playing for St. Andrew's College this season and obviously Cornell has had tremendous success recruiting there.

These players are all extremely high end and therefore it may be a long shot getting any of them since they will all be heavily recruited by the typical college hockey powers. Really tough when you have the built-in recruiting disadvantages that Cornell has; fewer games, lack of scholarships, stringent admissions standards and extremely challenging academics. CU does however seem to have a connection with these players through Ithaca or St. Andrew's College so who knows? Let's Go Red!!!

Posted by: billhoward (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: July 31, 2023 02:23PM

Love your optimism. Which too often is followed by soul-crushing setbacks. I saw my HS team lose the NYS sectional semifinals on a buzzer shot from midcourt. Within 5 years I saw Cornell leading Wisconsin in the NCAA semifinals 5-2 start of the third and lose in OT. And got to see the lax title game vs. Syracuse just a decade ago. I'm not sure I even believe in pragmatic optimism any more. Okay, I thought the basketball team had the chance to lead Kentucky in the early going and it was 12-6 early, then the pragmatic part kicked in.

But thank you.

Posted by: Weder (136.226.48.---)
Date: July 31, 2023 02:41PM

Redpucks1!
Tomorrow is a big day on the college hockey recruiting calendar - 8/1 is the first day that '07 birth years can commit. (First day they could be contacted by schools was 1/1/23). I have no inside connection to Cornell Hockey, just a fan, but I'm really hoping they are in on these 3 players. In no particular order they are:

1. Cooper Dennis - Ithaca, NY!! On the small side but, who cares, the guy can score. Plays for the Bishop Kearney Selects and has lit it up at each level. Some are saying he has the best shot in his age group and have heard that he should have made the USNTDP U17's but did not.

2. William Moore - NTDP U17 team for the 2023-'24 season. Elite Prospects lists him as hailing from Mississauga, Ontario but the USA Hockey U17 roster lists him as being from Ithaca. (Not certain but think his father may be a Cornell professor so that may be the reason behind listing Ithaca as his hometown).

3. Aidan Lane - Will be playing for St. Andrew's College this season and obviously Cornell has had tremendous success recruiting there.

These players are all extremely high end and therefore it may be a long shot getting any of them since they will all be heavily recruited by the typical college hockey powers. Really tough when you have the built-in recruiting disadvantages that Cornell has; fewer games, lack of scholarships, stringent admissions standards and extremely challenging academics. CU does however seem to have a connection with these players through Ithaca or St. Andrew's College so who knows? Let's Go Red!!!

This story says it was William Moore's grandfather who was a Cornell professor, and after some Googling it appears that it's Laurence Moore (emeritus prof. of American Studies).

Date: July 31, 2023 05:36PM

I get your way of thinking Bill - I generally do the same. I remember that Wisconsin game back in the day - I think Dean Talafous was the Badger who had a big day to mount the comeback against the Red in that game. Add to the list the high stick disallowed goal against UNH in the 2003 Frozen Four. Ugh - that call was big.
Nice find Weder; thanks for passing along that article on William Moore!

Posted by: abmarks (---.hsd1.vt.comcast.net)
Date: July 31, 2023 05:59PM

Weder

This story says it was William Moore's grandfather who was a Cornell professor, and after some Googling it appears that it's Laurence Moore (emeritus prof. of American Studies).

Same story also says "His mother, Vanusa, is originally from Brazil and owns two restaurants and a catering business. Moore’s father, Patrick, is a Cornell-educated finance broker who grew up in Ithaca, N.Y., where his own father was a professor at Cornell."

So his dad is an alum as well...hopefully that is a strong pull for the kid. And with mom a restauranteur we can hope for a future Hotelie!

Posted by: Swampy (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: August 01, 2023 03:53PM

Then there's this guy:
https://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/junior-hockey/practice-got-william-moore-to-carnegie-hall-and-to-the-top-of-the-ohl-draft/article_a5a71e18-eb19-5141-9383-58b4723553b0.html
Matthew Schaefer, D, Halton Hurricanes: Schaefer is certain to be the first defenceman taken and there are scouts who have him No. 1 on their lists. Schaefer captained Team Ontario at the Canada Winter Games, where he scored in double overtime to lead Ontario to the championship over Saskatchewan.

Might this be another top player with a Cornell connection?

Posted by: Trotsky (140.99.201.---)
Date: August 01, 2023 06:19PM

Not with that spelling.

Posted by: Swampy (43.225.189.---)
Date: August 02, 2023 12:35AM

Trotsky
Not with that spelling.

His grandparents may have changed their name to get into a country club.

Date: August 02, 2023 07:13AM

Redpucks1!

Lane committed to Harvard yesterday. Harvard won the first day of recruiting (among all teams in the nation) with three very high-end commitments.

Date: August 02, 2023 08:53AM

You beat me to it Bear!
Bill Howard - you are a very wise man and 100% correct with the comment "followed by soul-crushing setbacks." Yesterday may not have been soul-crushing but it was not good on the recruiting front. As Bear mentioned one of the guys, Aiden Lane, that I was hoping would commit to Cornell, has instead chosen Harvard. Oh well, his loss and poor choice, not Cornell's concern. Harvard really did well yesterday though as they cleaned up on day 1. Clarkson got a highly regarded prospect and Yale came away with two guys but I'm not sure of their potential. SLU and Dartmouth also picked up a player each as did a bunch of out of conference schools. (This is all through Chris Heisenberg's recruiting website). Not a big issue; Cornell often times isn't in on the first day kids and their are a huge number of exceptional players remaining. Still holding out hope for Cooper Dennis and William Moore!

Posted by: billhoward (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: August 02, 2023 03:31PM

It could be worse -- a Michigan football fan in the Bo Schembechler era. And memorialized in Big Chill.

Posted by: Pghas (---.static.optonline.net)
Date: August 03, 2023 12:15PM

Cole Tuminaro - a 6'4", 190 pound offensive defenseman out of Chicago - is Cornell's first 2007 birth year commit.

Date: August 03, 2023 06:53PM

6' 4"

Posted by: ursusminor (---.res.east.verizon.net)
Date: September 27, 2023 02:50AM

Alex Pelletier
Avon Old Farms and Yale Jr. Bulldogs

[www.eliteprospects.com]

Date: September 27, 2023 08:44AM

ursusminor
Alex Pelletier

[www.eliteprospects.com]

I don’t recall us ever having a recruit from AOF, which is a long-time prep power (see, e.g., Brian Leetch, Jonathan Quick, Trevor Zegras, etc.)

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: September 27, 2023 09:29AM

scoop85
ursusminor
Alex Pelletier

[www.eliteprospects.com]

I don’t recall us ever having a recruit from AOF, which is a long-time prep power (see, e.g., Brian Leetch, Jonathan Quick, Trevor Zegras, etc.)

EDIT: dss28 reminded me recently that Todd Marr was AOF.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2023 06:56AM by Beeeej.

Date: October 02, 2023 10:24PM

CHN ranks Cornell the best freshman class in the ECAC and #10 nationally.

The Big Red has a class that rivals Denver in terms of its top-to-bottom depth, which is impressive with a class of 11 new players.

Jonathan Castagna is one of the top scorers in the class. He had 72 points in 50 games for St. Andrew's College last season and was selected in the third round by Arizona. College hockey is a big jump from Canadian prep hockey, though, so it could take him time to acclimate, and some of the less-heralded forwards could emerge earlier. For example, Boston Bruins pick Ryan Walsh had 79 points for Cedar Rapids (USHL) last season.

Ottawa pick Hoyt Stanley leads the group of new defensemen along with Dallas pick George Fegaras.

Posted by: Pghas (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: October 10, 2023 07:50AM

Tyler Wishart was traded from Nanaimo to the Merritt Centennials. Currently on IR but expected to debut for them next month.

Posted by: scoop85 (---.hvc.rr.com)
Date: October 10, 2023 08:12AM

Justin Katz doesn't appear to be on any roster right now. I wonder what's up with him.

Never mind. He is on the West Kelowna roster now.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2023 11:16AM by scoop85.

Date: October 10, 2023 02:15PM

scoop85
Justin Katz doesn't appear to be on any roster right now. I wonder what's up with him.

Never mind. He is on the West Kelowna roster now.

He's a Fall '24 entry now.

Date: October 29, 2023 01:38PM

Redpucks1!

[x.com]

Sad. Cornell never gets the blue-chippers, even when they’re literally from Ithaca.

Posted by: CAS (104.28.56.---)
Date: October 29, 2023 01:57PM

BearLover, have you watched Cornell’s frosh this year? (which includes two 3rd-round picks among 5 NHL selections).

Date: October 29, 2023 02:07PM

CAS
BearLover, have you watched Cornell’s frosh this year? (which includes two 3rd-round picks among 5 NHL selections).
Yes, they look great so far—been praising them in other threads. But they are not blue-chippers and they were not receiving anywhere near the hype of the three players Redpucks mentioned. Cornell evidently cannot, or chooses not to, compete for the USNTDP kids or similar.

Date: October 29, 2023 02:25PM

I can understand the desire to get outta dodge and not go to college in your hometown.

Date: October 29, 2023 02:34PM

BearLover
CAS
Yes, they look great so far—been praising them in other threads. But they are not blue-chippers and they were not receiving anywhere near the hype of the three players Redpucks mentioned. Cornell evidently cannot, or chooses not to, compete for the USNTDP kids or similar.
The majority -- likely the vast majority -- of blue chippers have neither the ability nor desire to deal with Cornell's academic rigor, even when it is "Cornell."

Harvard is the only Ivy that regularly lands round 1 or 2 draft picks, and Harvard has advantages we lack (Boston, a 24/7 sloppy BJ by sports media, a casually non-judgmental attitude towards cheating).

Given that Cornell has never gotten blue chippahs, even in the days when Ned Harkness was recruiting like Peter Brand with speeddial, it may not be fruitful to imagine we could somehow start doing so.
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2023 02:37PM by Trotsky.

Date: October 29, 2023 02:43PM

Also, we have attracted USNTDP players:

Iles, Gartman, Bardreau, Fiegl, Bliss, and the mercurial Clint Lewis.

Posted by: dag14 (---.hsd1.co.comcast.net)
Date: October 29, 2023 02:45PM

Iles, the Ithaca native....

Date: October 29, 2023 03:16PM

Trotsky
Also, we have attracted USNTDP players:

Iles, Gartman, Bardreau, Fiegl, Bliss, and the mercurial Clint Lewis.
Yes. The last USNTDP player matriculated almost ten years ago.

To be clear, the only reason I would have hoped we’d be competitive for this player is the fact he grew up in Ithaca and surely attended Cornell hockey games as a kid. The fact we couldn’t get him despite being one of the top 5-10 programs in the country past few years suggests we aren’t remotely competitive for these kinds of players. I think the academic rigor thing is kind of BS, BTW—getting a 3.0 in AEM isn’t that hard when half the team is taking the same class.

Date: October 29, 2023 04:08PM

BearLover
I think the academic rigor thing is kind of BS, BTW—getting a 3.0 in AEM isn’t that hard when half the team is taking the same class.
You have to show up for class and remain conscious. For a lot of those guys, that is too tough an ask.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2023 04:08PM by Trotsky.

Posted by: upprdeck (38.77.26.---)
Date: October 29, 2023 07:50PM

you still have to be able to get into the school.. tons of kids we have wanted cant get accepted and end up elsewhere

Posted by: underskill (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: October 29, 2023 07:55PM

I assume it’s more admission issues as opposed to academic issues once they’re admitted.

Posted by: upprdeck (38.77.26.---)
Date: October 29, 2023 08:03PM

we dont lose many kids once they are into the school. lots of help with that keeping the kid afloat

Date: October 29, 2023 08:26PM

underskill
I assume it’s more admission issues as opposed to academic issues once they’re admitted.

Perhaps they don't have academic issues because Day Hall maintains standards*.

* Unless you can afford tutors to physically carry you into and through the school and on to your reserved chair at their firm.

Posted by: Dafatone (---.sub-174-235-208.myvzw.com)
Date: October 29, 2023 08:56PM

BearLover
Redpucks1!

[x.com]

Sad. Cornell never gets the blue-chippers, even when they’re literally from Ithaca.

I like Ithaca.

If I grew up in Ithaca, Ithaca would be the last place I'd go to college.

Posted by: pfibiger (---.res.spectrum.com)
Date: October 29, 2023 09:11PM

Redpucks1!

Looks like his grandfather was a Cornell professor and his father is an alum:

[www.thestar.com]

Posted by: Swampy (---.cdn77.com)
Date: October 29, 2023 09:45PM

Trotsky
underskill

* Unless you can afford tutors to physically carry you into and through the school and on to your reserved chair at their firm.

Hard to imagine Moore couldn't get into Cornell. Besides being a top hockey prospect, he won the "Little Mozarts International Competition" and played Chopin at Carnegie Hall. With Grandpa a Cornell Prof & dad a Cornellian & finance broker, it's highly unlikely that he doesn't have the academic chops to cut it at Cornell [cite recent New York Times article about correlation between family income & SAT scores].

More likely Moore's reasons for choosing Michigan include:
  • Athletic scholarship vs full-tuition at Cornell because his "need" is zero.
  • Ann Arbor is further from home
  • A college that combines reasonably good education and outstanding infrastructure for professional athletics is more attractive than one that combines outstanding education with reasonably good infrastructure for collegiate athletics, especially for a player who's confident of playing pro hockey.
  • USNTDP is based in Ann Arbor, and therefore he's been extra heavily recruited by Michigan, and several of his teammate friends are going there.

Date: October 29, 2023 09:55PM

Swampy
Trotsky
underskill

Hard to imagine Moore couldn't get into Cornell. Besides being a top hockey prospect, he won the "Little Mozarts International Competition" and played Chopin at Carnegie Hall. With Grandpa a Cornell Prof & dad a Cornellian & finance broker, it's highly unlikely that he doesn't have the academic chops to cut it at Cornell [cite recent New York Times article about correlation between family income & SAT scores].

• A college that combines reasonably good education and outstanding infrastructure for professional athletics is more attractive than one that combines outstanding education with reasonably good infrastructure for collegiate athletics, especially for a player who's confident of playing pro hockey.
  • USNTDP is based in Ann Arbor, and therefore he's been extra heavily recruited by Michigan, and several of his teammate friends are going there.

While perhaps not quite at Cornell’s level academically, a Michigan undergraduate education is more than “reasonably good.”

Date: October 29, 2023 09:57PM

Swampy
Trotsky
underskill

Cooper Dennis, rather than William Moore, committed to Michigan. Moore is still to my knowledge uncommitted. Both were born in Ithaca. Moore has the family connection to Cornell. Dennis appears to have spent his entire youth in Ithaca, while Moore seems to have moved to Toronto at some point.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: October 30, 2023 04:46AM

Dafatone
BearLover
Redpucks1!

[x.com]

I like Ithaca.

Felt that way about New Haven.

Posted by: marty (---.ip71.fastwebnet.it)
Date: October 30, 2023 05:44AM

Al DeFlorio
Dafatone
BearLover
Redpucks1!

[x.com]

I like Ithaca.

Felt that way about New Haven.

As an potential engineer I think my Mom had brainwashed me - I looked forward to going AWAY to college. I never applied to RPI. (Safety school was Lehigh.)

Posted by: David Harding (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: October 31, 2023 12:06AM

I like Ithaca.

I grew up in Ithaca. I like Ithaca. I attended Cornell for 10 years (12 if you count nursery school).

Posted by: ugarte (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: October 31, 2023 04:38PM

David Harding

I like Ithaca.

I grew up in Ithaca. I like Ithaca. I attended Cornell for 10 years (12 if you count nursery school).
it's less about the town than the fact that many 18 year olds want to move away from wherever they are from

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: October 31, 2023 04:42PM

ugarte
David Harding

I like Ithaca.

it's less about the town than the fact that many 18 year olds want to move away from wherever they are from
Nailed it.

Date: October 31, 2023 05:00PM

ugarte
David Harding

I like Ithaca.

Exactly.

You could not have offered me anything to stay in my hometown. Even 5 hours away was really pushing it as too close.

Posted by: Chris H82 (---.res.spectrum.com)
Date: November 03, 2023 12:00AM

Yup. For me, it was "get me to the other side of the country."

Date: November 07, 2023 06:54PM

New goalie recruit, Erick Roest from the AJHL. Given that he’s 19 he would seemingly be coming next fall; wonder if this means Justin Katz is no longer Ithaca bound

Posted by: ugarte (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: November 07, 2023 08:29PM

scoop85
New goalie recruit, Erick Roest from the AJHL. Given that he’s 19 he would seemingly be coming next fall; wonder if this means Justin Katz is no longer Ithaca bound
sounds like erick roest is the one who we got justin katz

Date: November 08, 2023 07:42AM

Tough room.

Dry den.

Posted by: Pghas (---.static.optonline.net)
Date: November 27, 2023 03:28PM

update on Tyler Wishart - back from injury and seems to be hitting his stride - 4 points in 2 games over the weekend, primary helper on OT winner, player of the game, and now 7 pts in 8 games. Charlie Major (from Skaneatlas aka Skinny atlas) also having a solid year for the Chicago Steel w 13 points in 18 games.

Posted by: scoop85 (---.megared.net.mx)
Date: November 27, 2023 03:54PM

scoop85
Charlie Major, a 17-year-old forward from up the road in Skaneateles, committed to the Big Red today. He’s currently playing in the U-18 circuit, and has been drafted by the Chicago Steel of the USHL.

Katz still listed as a Cornell commit, so perhaps we're bringing in 2 goalies next year.

Posted by: scoop85 (---.megared.net.mx)
Date: November 28, 2023 07:12PM

Pghas
update on Tyler Wishart - back from injury and seems to be hitting his stride - 4 points in 2 games over the weekend, primary helper on OT winner, player of the game, and now 7 pts in 8 games. Charlie Major (from Skaneatlas aka Skinny atlas) also having a solid year for the Chicago Steel w 13 points in 18 games.

Also worth commenting that Chase Pirtle, with 23 points in 22 games for Nanaimo, is the top scoring 2005 birth year player in the BCHL.

Posted by: BearLover (---.sub-174-216-241.myvzw.com)
Date: February 14, 2024 05:33PM

Redpucks1!
You beat me to it Bear!
Bill Howard - you are a very wise man and 100% correct with the comment "followed by soul-crushing setbacks." Yesterday may not have been soul-crushing but it was not good on the recruiting front. As Bear mentioned one of the guys, Aiden Lane, that I was hoping would commit to Cornell, has instead chosen Harvard. Oh well, his loss and poor choice, not Cornell's concern. Harvard really did well yesterday though as they cleaned up on day 1. Clarkson got a highly regarded prospect and Yale came away with two guys but I'm not sure of their potential. SLU and Dartmouth also picked up a player each as did a bunch of out of conference schools. (This is all through Chris Heisenberg's recruiting website). Not a big issue; Cornell often times isn't in on the first day kids and their are a huge number of exceptional players remaining. Still holding out hope for Cooper Dennis and William Moore!
With Lane committing to Harvard and Dennis to Michigan, that leaves Moore, who still isn’t committed anywhere. Which is interesting, because NeutralZone.com ranks him as the #1 prospect among all North American 2007-born players. I’ll go out on a limb and predict he will not be coming to Cornell…

BTW, does anyone have a subscription to Neutral Zone? They apparently rank the top 575 or so North American players by birth year. I‘d be curious to see where our recruits fall on the list.

Page: Previous123 4 
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login