Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

POST GAME PARTY THURSDAY AT THE PIER

POST GAME PARTY THURSDAY AT THE PIER
Posted by: Kevin Townsell (Hotel'78) (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: April 07, 2003 12:49PM

THE "OFFICIAL" POSTGAME PARTY BEGINS AT 3:00PM AT THE FESTIVAL GROUNDS AT TE PIER, ON BUFALO'S WATERFRONT, LESS THAN A HALF-MILE FROM THE HSBC ARENA. WE'VE INVITED THE BIG RED PEP BAND, AND THE TEAM, WE'LL SEE WO CAN MAKE IT. CASH BAR, CASUAL FOOD ELECTIONS AVAILABLE. CHECK OUT WWW.BUFFALOPIER.COM FOR RESERVATIONS. CALL 716 818 5073 IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO RESERVE A TABLE. GO BIG RED!

Re: POST GAME PARTY THURSDAY AT THE PIER
Posted by: Rick Smith (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: April 07, 2003 01:47PM

Great! The Pier is a beautiful spot, nice and big, right on Lake Erie. I'll be there with my crew right after the game! Saturday night, too!
Thanks, Kev!

Kevin Townsell (Hotel'78) wrote:

THE "OFFICIAL" POSTGAME PARTY BEGINS AT 3:00PM AT THE FESTIVAL GROUNDS AT TE PIER, ON BUFALO'S WATERFRONT, LESS THAN A HALF-MILE FROM THE HSBC ARENA. WE'VE INVITED THE BIG RED PEP BAND, AND THE TEAM, WE'LL SEE WO CAN MAKE IT. CASH BAR, CASUAL FOOD ELECTIONS AVAILABLE. CHECK OUT WWW.BUFFALOPIER.COM FOR RESERVATIONS. CALL 716 818 5073 IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO RESERVE A TABLE. GO BIG RED!

Posted by: Joe Rogers (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: April 07, 2003 03:38PM

The Pier is great! I'll be there with about 25 other cornell guys, mostly juniors and seniors and some recent grads, after all the games! Go Big Red!

Posted by: Todd Hammersmith (---.dialin.buffalo.edu)
Date: April 07, 2003 04:21PM

The Pier is definitely going to be the place to party after the Big Red beat those losers from New Hampshire. I know i'm going to be there with all my friends celebrating the best hockey team in the nation. Go Big Red!!

Posted by: D'Marlowe Wright (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: April 07, 2003 04:21PM

It should be much fun times at the pier. I'll be there with bells on, as will a few of my friends. Cornell is gonna take it all. And the Big Red Pep Band will be there too?!?! THIS IS GONNA BE GREAT!!! Me and my girls will be there partying it up after the game.

Posted by: Kristy (---.smh.reznet.uwo.ca)
Date: April 07, 2003 04:25PM

i'll be there celebrating cornell's HUGE victory with all my girls!!!!:-D

Posted by: Tim T (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: April 07, 2003 04:49PM

Go Big Red!! See you at the Pier Thursday!

Posted by: Brian R (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: April 07, 2003 04:56PM

I'll be there to party it up at the Pier, celebrating the Big Red's victory in style. It's gonna be so much fun!

Posted by: RedAR (---.harvard.edu)
Date: April 07, 2003 05:09PM

woof.
woof.
woof.

Posted by: rhovorka (---.stny.rr.com)
Date: April 07, 2003 05:10PM

Anyone else feel this thread reads a little too much like an advertisement for this place than an official event? For example, on the pregame Pearl St. Brewery thread, you don't see any "yo! Me and all my crew are gonna go there! What a great place!! This is going to be great...with all my friends!!" replies from unfamiliar names like this entire thread is.

Hey, if Kevin or someone else happens to work at/own this place and is a Cornellian, that's great, but come clean and just say "hey, we'd like your business. I'm a Cornellian, too. C'mon down."

Of course, I could be wrong, and all these people with their crews will all be there. I did check out their website, and Kevin is listed as the proprietor, and he is encouraging much Cornell business, so that's great.

Posted by: Adam 04 (---.or3.marketscore.com)
Date: April 07, 2003 05:18PM

Rich Hovorka '96 wrote:

Anyone else feel this thread reads a little too much like an advertisement for this place than an official event? For example, on the pregame Pearl St. Brewery thread, you don't see any "yo! Me and all my crew are gonna go there! What a great place!! This is going to be great...with all my friends!!" replies from unfamiliar names like this entire thread is.

Hey, if Kevin or someone else happens to work at/own this place and is a Cornellian, that's great, but come clean and just say "hey, we'd like your business. I'm a Cornellian, too. C'mon down."

Of course, I could be wrong, and all these people with their crews will all be there. I did check out their website, and Kevin is listed as the proprietor, and he is encouraging much Cornell business, so that's great.

Look at the IP addresses. A few are resnet.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.biz.rr.com)
Date: April 07, 2003 05:21PM

[Q]WE'VE INVITED THE BIG RED PEP BAND, AND THE TEAM, WE'LL SEE WO CAN MAKE IT[/Q]I might feel different than Rich if I knew (WO) somebody was going to make it. Say nothing about all the CAPS and[Q]CASUAL FOOD ELECTIONS [/Q] I'd rather not elect my food; we have enough trouble electing presidents.

To say I'm not convinced, well ...rolleyes

Posted by: Tub(a) (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: April 07, 2003 05:22PM

D'Marlowe isn't unfamiliar to me, she is a non-Pep Band Marching Band tuba. She is in the hotel school though, so it might be a little hotelie pride ;-)

Posted by: Kate (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: April 07, 2003 05:31PM

I'm going to be there and it is going to be AWESOME!! I'd never miss this for the world!! BE THERE OR BE.... SCREWY!screwy

Date: April 07, 2003 05:31PM

Adam J. Doyle wrote:

Look at the IP addresses. A few are resnet.

All you need is a hotelie mailing list telling people to get the word out to the hockey geeks.

Actually, I apologize for my previous post. I'm sure Kevin's establishment is a good one, and I'm all for supporting Cornell alumni and getting a big Cornell group together. Just that the responses the original post generated seemed a little too much like manufactured advertising, and designed to bump this thread, that's all.

Posted by: Kevin G. (---.buf.adelphia.net)
Date: April 07, 2003 05:46PM

Very nice! Does it get any better then going to a fine establishment to drink some cold ones after a national championship. I think not. Go Cornell!! :-D

Posted by: Kevin G. (---.buf.adelphia.net)
Date: April 07, 2003 05:50PM

I can verify that the Pier is 1) a fine establishment 2) run by a Cornell grad and I'm sure 3) wanting the word to get out that this is a place for people from Cornell to get togehtor and celebrate the win...so down with UNH and pass the word

Posted by: Newman '98 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: April 07, 2003 06:10PM

I loved it. It was much better than "Cats". I'm going to see it again and again.

Date: April 07, 2003 06:25PM

I've been to the Pier when in Buffalo, it really is an awesome place! No place i've seen that's more beautiful, it's huge and waterfront...kinda like cornell

Posted by: William Cunningham (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: April 07, 2003 06:30PM

just went to the pier's web site, neat place. anyone know if it's an all age thing or only 21 and up?

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: April 07, 2003 09:34PM

[Q]I've been to the Pier when in Buffalo, it really is an awesome place! No place i've seen that's more beautiful, it's huge and waterfront...kinda like cornell[/Q]God, where is there a smiley when you need one?

Posted by: William Cunningham (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: April 08, 2003 01:21AM

what in the world is the cats reference about???
Go 'Cuse!
Next up, cornell wins the frozen four!!!!

Posted by: Andy Wallenstein '86 (---.dialup.cornell.edu)
Date: April 08, 2003 01:28AM

Would any of the many people who are so enamored of "The Pier" care to post walking directions from the HSBC?

Thanks!
Andy W. '86

Posted by: Andy Wallenstein '86 (---.dialup.cornell.edu)
Date: April 08, 2003 01:33AM

Actually I found them on the website:
Andy W. '86

Directions from the HSBC Arena...
Take a right on Michigan Avenue, a left on Ohio Street, over the bridge to Fuhrmann Blvd. Take a right, and follow that road until it ends, weaving under and around Route 5. Take two quick lefts, and voila!

Posted by: Adam (205.217.105.---)
Date: April 08, 2003 10:15AM

It's amazing what the promise of free drinks will do when recruiting a front line public relations staff.

Posted by: Tom Pasniewski 98 (---.caregroup.org)
Date: April 08, 2003 12:14PM

I think the most important thing that's being lost a bit is to just go and have fun. Create your own itinerary. Go to pre-game parties. Go to post-game parties. Go to Dunn Tire Park. Go to the Hobey Baker Award presenation and to the convention center. Stop by the Hyatt Regency and the Adams Mark. Or do none of this. The only place you have to be is the place you want to be. Hopefully this includes the games and the Hobey Baker/Humanitarian award presentations but if you want to go over the falls in a barrel, well that's um, cool too.

Posted by: Kevin (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: April 08, 2003 02:57PM

Busted!
I admit, the offering was a little too commercial. What with capital letters and all.
And my son, who's attending Cornell now, may have chimed in too loudly.
But, I have to admit, I learned it at Cornell!
Go Big Red!

Date: April 08, 2003 03:01PM

Oh, quiet down
Can't walk there from there.
There's a skyway that connects Buffalo to the waterfront.
It's absurd, but there you go.
You';ll need to hop a cab, it's a five-minute ride.
K

Date: April 08, 2003 05:31PM

I don't recommend going over the falls in a barrel...you dont do that after your team wins!

Just to modify those directions slightly---
After you get off the 'bridge' (Skyway Rt. 5) you get off at Fuhrmann blvd, and the first thing you'll see is a sign that says Festival Grounds or the Pier or something, thats the driveway, pull on in, join me at the bar!

Posted by: atb9 (---.biz.rr.com)
Date: April 08, 2003 05:36PM

haha, it suprises you that people can offer dissent just as easy as some can offer support? No one offered him free drinks for the dissent though...

Go where ever you feel comfortable--or where ever you can stumble to. :-)

Post Edited (04-08-03 17:37)

Posted by: John Balkowitz (chem-e '03) (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: April 08, 2003 05:43PM

I see the directions to get there...easy enough hopefully
any cover charge at the door?
go RED!

Date: April 08, 2003 05:51PM

John Balkowitz? Is that you? I haven't seen you in years! I thought you left school...I emailed you...

Post Edited (04-08-03 18:04)

Date: April 08, 2003 06:47PM

no charge
all ages
kt

Posted by: John Balkowitz '03 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: April 09, 2003 01:49AM

I guess more importantly...
This being a hockey event, and hockey being a gift from our neighbors to the north...

Will there be plenty of Canadian beer?
or is this a Budweiser gathering??

I didn't think of it until now, but what could be more important???

Date: April 09, 2003 12:14PM

Molsons and Labatt's, bien sur

Date: April 09, 2003 01:18PM

John, that's weird. I emailed you at the address you previously posted with and Jim Bishop '82 replied saying it wasn't you. I looked up your name on CUinfo and they don't have a listing for you--you aren't a student at Cornell. I'm confused.

Date: April 09, 2003 02:34PM

Adam Brown '03 wrote:

John, that's weird. I emailed you at the address you previously posted with and Jim Bishop '82 replied saying it wasn't you. I looked up your name on CUinfo and they don't have a listing for you--you aren't a student at Cornell. I'm confused.

There are several email addresses given on this thread that aren't legitimate, according to CUinfo.

Date: April 09, 2003 05:12PM

Judging from the fact that people are looking up the validity of others e-mails, I can see why some may be hesitant to put up real ones...
Mine's real, but I can see using an assumed identity, cant you?

Maybe I'll be Frankie Figgs from now on. he's cool!

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.biz.rr.com)
Date: April 09, 2003 05:26PM

[Q]Judging from the fact that people are looking up the validity of others e-mails, I can see why some may be hesitant to put up real ones...
Mine's real, but I can see using an assumed identity, cant you?[/Q]No, actually I can't. I've not seen it a problem on other topics, seems like it may have more to do with those new posters on this topic than the rest of us.

Shame on you.shifty

Posted by: Tub(a) (132.236.216.---)
Date: April 09, 2003 06:50PM

Why did this thread happen? I feel like I have been taken for a trip into the twilight zone.. smashfreak

Date: April 09, 2003 06:52PM

No, it's called freshmen are pretending to be seniors and pretending that they'll be going to a party with their "Junior, Senior, and grad student" friends. If "John" was really a senior chem-e, he would have been smart enough to realize that the domain that he posted from is stamped next to his name (---.resnet.cornell.edu). I don't like to be lied to and I especially don't like being lied to by other Cornellians. If you want to trick people into going somewhere, at least try and trick UNH fans--they might be stupid enough to fall for it.

Post Edited (04-09-03 18:54)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login