Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

name plates stitched back on game-worn jersey?

Posted by Baby_Fan 
name plates stitched back on game-worn jersey?
Posted by: Baby_Fan (128.253.86.---)
Date: April 07, 2003 10:32AM

does anyone know where (in ithaca) i can get the name plate stitched back onto a game-worn jersey (preferably before thursday!!!)?

thanks.

baby-fan

Re: name plates stitched back on game-worn jersey?
Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.no.no.cox.net)
Date: April 07, 2003 10:34AM

Call the hockey office and see where they do it. I think it's at PSP (home of the hideous Big Red Wings jerseys), but I'm not sure.

Posted by: A-19 (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: April 07, 2003 03:28PM

i got baby on mine at psp, behind wegman's. it was 3.50 for the nameplate, 3.50 for each letter, and 3.50 for the ^. sounds like a ripoff, but if you really want the name stitched on, like i did, it's worth it.

-mike 04

Posted by: Tom Shen '01 '02 (---.br.no.cox.net)
Date: April 08, 2003 02:28AM

Does anyone know a place near NYC that could do the same thing?

Posted by: bs93 (---.rochester.rr.com)
Date: April 08, 2003 06:56PM

Do they different sizes of jerseys. Mine is a 56 on the tag. does everyone have a 56 size?

Posted by: LetsGoRed (132.236.145.---)
Date: April 15, 2003 03:18PM

Sorry to bring an old thread to the front...but...about how long did it take PSP to put the jersey on. i'm considering it...but since i went for a player with a longer name...it's gonna cost me a little more (damn you palahicky!).

Also...anyone know where you can get an ECAC patch?

Posted by: LetsGoRed (132.236.145.---)
Date: April 15, 2003 03:19PM

about how long did it take PSP to put the NAMEPLATE on even. It's been a long week already.

Posted by: A-19 (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: April 15, 2003 03:41PM

i dropped mine off on a monday afternoon, and it was ready by thursday afternoon. i guess it's someone's specialty, so it depends how many requests she has that week. the nameplate and letters go on at the same time. my guess is it's a week total...not like you need to wear the jersey anytime soon tho :(

-mike 04

Posted by: Baby_Fan (128.253.86.---)
Date: April 15, 2003 06:22PM

I dropped mine off monday and got it back by wednesday, but i asked when i dropped it off if she could finish it by then, for the frozen four.

Posted by: crodger1 (---.abtassoc.com)
Date: April 15, 2003 06:41PM

Unless you want the nameplate on before the celebration and autograph opportunity on Thursday.

Posted by: crodger1 (---.abtassoc.com)
Date: April 15, 2003 06:47PM

I don't know that it is actually possible to get ECAC patches anymore. I think that I read here a couple of years ago that the ECAC was requiring that the patches be removed.

If someone knows more that would be great. I occasionally check EBay for them, but haven't ever seen one there.

LGR!

Posted by: rhovorka (---.stny.rr.com)
Date: April 16, 2003 12:36AM

crodge2k wrote:

I don't know that it is actually possible to get ECAC patches anymore. I think that I read here a couple of years ago that the ECAC was requiring that the patches be removed.
Interesting. The Jeff Oates road jersey I got after his senior year (Whelan got his home) has the patch, but it's the old-style "torch" ECAC patch. They also removed everything else, but the stitching from where the "A" was is still there.

The Bill Holowatiuk jersey I own was before they started stripping the nameplates, so that's still original. Also, it's most definitely smaller than a size 56, as people were discussing in another thread...I would guess it's a 48. But then again, it's from before the Schafer era, so not everyone was a tree on the team. ;-)

Post Edited (04-16-03 00:37)

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.no.no.cox.net)
Date: April 16, 2003 07:57AM

Rich Hovorka '96 wrote:
Interesting. The Jeff Oates road jersey I got after his senior year (Whelan got his home) has the patch, but it's the old-style "torch" ECAC patch. They also removed everything else, but the stitching from where the "A" was is still there.
Actually, there are at least two more out there, since mine is from the following year and has the new oval ECAC logo. (But I believe the color scheme for the home patch was changed again the year after that; mine is red with a black oval and white letters.) The nameplate and A had also been removed.

Actually, Rich, are you sure your jersey is from Oatsie's senior and not junior year? I thought we figured out once that his senior year was the first with the new patch.

Posted by: Tom Shen '01 '02 (---.br.no.cox.net)
Date: April 16, 2003 11:30AM

According to Age's videos, the aforementioned color scheme for the patch (red for home and white for away) was changed after the '99-'00 season. Oates' senior year was also the last year for those Bauer jerseys.

Posted by: rhovorka (---.stny.rr.com)
Date: April 16, 2003 02:10PM

John T. Whelan '91 wrote:
Actually, there are at least two more out there, since mine is from the following year and has the new oval ECAC logo. (But I believe the color scheme for the home patch was changed again the year after that; mine is red with a black oval and white letters.) The nameplate and A had also been removed.

Actually, Rich, are you sure your jersey is from Oatsie's senior and not junior year? I thought we figured out once that his senior year was the first with the new patch.

Well, his senior year is the only year he wore the "A". I just spent a few minutes looking at some of Age's clips from the '98-'99 season (Oates' senior year), and it sure looks to me like they wear the "torch" logo. I found an example for both home and away that show this.

You have to pause the movies and/or advance it frame by frame to get a good look at what I'm talking about:

Away: [www.hockey.cornell.edu]
About halfway through the clip, Steinstra (#12) comes over to congratulate Rutter as Age zooms in. You can see the patch is pointed on the left side (ie not a rectangle like the new ECAC patch). When Rutter skates out of the hug, you can get another look at the patch. The "point" on the upper left of the patch is the flame of the torch. The patch is approximately shaped like the state of Pennsylvania. Also note that Oates is seen skating to the bench with an "A".

Home:
[www.hockey.cornell.edu]
The last few frames of this clip, Ladouceur and Moynihan are celebrating, and Moynihan turns to greet Knopp. Right before Knopp gets to them, you can see the patch on Moynihan is again has the point on the upper left. It also looks like there is two lines of text on the patch, which would be "ECAC HOCKEY" on the torch logo.

So I don't know John. I'm convinced that they wore the Torch logo that year now. Maybe they switched to the new patch late in the season, or used Oates' jersey as a mock-up for the new patch.

Age's movies from '99-'00 clearly show that they were wearing rectangular patches of the new logo.

I'm also convinced that I'm a tremendous geek.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.loyno.edu)
Date: April 16, 2003 03:00PM

I suspect you've just confirmed the fears I thought I had put to rest that my Oates jersey is actually Palahicky's freshman jersey. Let's all ponder the philosophical question of whether it really matters.

Posted by: jbeaber1998 (---.17.79.204.lifespan.org)
Date: April 16, 2003 04:22PM

I'm still trying to figure out if the jersey I have is a game-worn or a sort of practice. It is from the '96 season and is made of a lighter material than the others I see. I don't thikn they wear # jerseys for practice and, it being an old Chartrand, has some red thread left where the C would have been. I do want to get a newer one. Any current Cornell students wanna help? Drop me a note...

-John

ECAC Jersey Patches - How-To
Posted by: Josh '99 (---.stny.rr.com)
Date: April 16, 2003 10:27PM

LetsGoRed wrote:
Also...anyone know where you can get an ECAC patch?
I want to thank Sue Detzer in the hockey office for finding this information for me, which I couldn't find anywhere.

If you want to buy ECAC patches, you should contact Richard and Kathy Haemmerle at (973) 365-1123 or 365-1363.

I ordered four patches, two for home jerseys and two for away jerseys, at a total cost of $10.04. I don't remember how much of that was shipping and how much was the actual cost of the patches. I've got a white jersey to put one of the home patches on, and I'd like to hold onto one of each in case I need them in the future, but once they arrive I'll have a spare patch for road jerseys. If anyone wants it, drop me an email, you can have it for two bucks (which is to say, less than I paid for it).

Post Edited (04-16-03 22:28)

Posted by: bs93 (---.rochester.rr.com)
Date: April 29, 2003 04:35PM

do they have the red patches for away jerseys?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login