Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

The official Ithaca TV thread

Posted by DeltaOne81 
The official Ithaca TV thread
Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: March 25, 2003 06:32PM

Criticism aside...

All my old friends bailed on me for the trip, and, being a Connecticutite, I hate long drives ;-) (30 minutes is considered far where I come from - I outgrew that, but still), and I'm not driving 6 hours without people I know very well to keep me company. And for money, school work, or other reasons, no good friends of mine are coming.

We all would like to gather in Ithaca to watch the games though.

Is there any big Faithful gathering? I figure the campus thing isn't happening, but is a crowd planning on going to Ithaca Sports Club or anywhere? If I can't be at the game, I at least want to be with an enthusiastic crowd - watching the UNH-CU game from my dorm lounge alone last year from not inspiring (though I did have some Mike's lemonade's, being 21 yo and 1 day :) ).

Of course this might depend on what Time Warner decides to do, since if they broadcast it we could probably go anywhere. If nothing else, I invite you all to the Cascadilla 2nd floor lounge :).

Post Edited (03-25-03 23:03)

Re: The official Ithaca TV thread
Posted by: paulspen (---.direcpc.com)
Date: March 25, 2003 06:38PM

Per the RedHead post below:

Saturday's game vs. MSU-Mankato will be on Channel 77 in Ithaca, starting at noon.

Whether or not Sunday's game would also be on wasn't determined yet.

Posted by: Adam 04 (---.or4.marketscore.com)
Date: March 25, 2003 06:40PM

Could we get the BIG RED BARN?

Date: March 25, 2003 06:44PM

Yeah, just saw that after I posted, but if we go somewhere that gets NESN, we could watch the BU - Hahvahd game afterwards.

Who's up for the gathering? And who wants to go where?

Edit: Arg, nvm, BU-Hahvahd is Friday.

Edit #2: ... if we go somewhere that gets Empire, we could watch OSU - BC afterwards...

Post Edited (03-25-03 18:49)

Date: March 25, 2003 06:44PM

Generally the Barn is closed on weekends. Not sure who could be contacted to get it opened and staffed. I really wish the university or athletics would take the initiative on this one. help

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: March 25, 2003 06:49PM

Somebody ought to tape this.

Date: March 25, 2003 06:53PM

Tape hurts. I had my wife hide my PC so I wouldn't check the forum while waiting for the tape delays on YES last week. It was the worst jones I ever had, and that's saying something. nut

Posted by: jy3 (---.stny.rr.com)
Date: March 25, 2003 08:55PM

i will tape the game saturday assuming the power doesnt go out

Posted by: jy3 (---.stny.rr.com)
Date: March 25, 2003 08:58PM

i will also tape the sunday game assuming the power doesnt go out nut

Date: March 25, 2003 09:03PM

Okay, so back to the topic (please, please ;) )...

Who would be interested in a gathering at Benchwarmers ( [benchwarmers.info] ) to watch the game(s), assuming they get the necessary channels and assuming they say it's okay. I'm working on details, but I'd be interested to know if there's any interest out there for a local faithful 'headquarters', or if it'd just be me and a few friends.

Respond / email / IM if you're interested, so I can gauge numbers. Thanks.

-Fred

Posted by: tml5 (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: March 25, 2003 10:20PM

If you call in advance you might be able to convince the Ithaca Sports Club to put it on the big screen.

Whoa, 3 posts in one day. I should go do some work. ;-) nut

Date: March 25, 2003 10:39PM

Yeah, I would be very willing to - but, except for the few friends I've IMed, I've gotten zero response. If people on here tell me they'd show up, I'll definitely call around. You can share your opinion on Benchwarmers vs. Ithaca Sports Club too.

Posted by: Baby_Fan (128.253.86.---)
Date: March 25, 2003 10:53PM

I was at the sports club last weekend for BOTH games and there was a LARGE crowd at each. The game was not only on the big screen but on majority of the other screens AND the audio feed. Although the crowd was mostly "older" than college students (and many small children)...it was still alive and full of energy during the games. I recommend it!!!

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.cit.cornell.edu)
Date: March 26, 2003 04:58PM

So I just called Ithaca Sports Club and they said they'd put it on the main screen if there were more people there for that than for NCAA basketball... and that it would "definitely be on" either way. So, this is Ithaca, we can definitely outnumber basketball watchers!

I haven't gotten much feedback, but based on Bâby Fan's comments, and the level of 'silent participation' on the board, I hope to see a large crowd there. Feel free to let me know if you're interested, just so I can know I won't be too alone :).

See ya all early Saturday. I'll be in my home Cornell jersey, '03' on the back.

LGR!

-Fred

Posted by: Justin Nachod '04 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: March 26, 2003 05:16PM

Just got a call back from Time Warner regarding the Cornell games...

Saturday game against MSU/Mankato, noon, channel 77 (live)

Sunday game, noon, channel 77 (live)
also Sunday's game is gonna be tape delayed on FSNY, channel 24 at 3:30.

*Channel 77 is available with the basic cable package (the one that gets channels 2-23), you just need to add it to your tv. Channel 24 requires standard service.

Date: March 27, 2003 04:06PM

ISC opens at noon on Saturday, which means we can barely make the game in time, though since it's tv broadcast, it'll probably be delayed 10 minutes like the final was in Albany . If anyone who's interested gives them a call ( 273-2662 ), maybe they'll be convinced to open 15 minutes early for us.

Otherwise, get there at noon and wait for the rush inside :).

Posted by: Elizabeth Kim (132.236.110.---)
Date: March 27, 2003 05:41PM

As a silent participator, just thought I'd let you know that I am probably going to watch the game(s) with 2 other friends in whatever sports bar. If you follow up with Benchwarmers and Ithaca Sports Club, can you post any info on this board as to whether either of them plan to show it on the big screen?

FWIW, one of my friends thinks the viewing at Benchwarmers is superior, but I haven't watched sports at either place myself.

Liz

Date: March 27, 2003 05:50PM

I just called Ithaca Sports Club again and they said "someone usually opens the doors by 11:30", so that shouldn't be an issue. I was also told they'd gladly show the game on the big screen so long as that more people want that than NCAA basketball... and at noon on Saturday in Ithaca, it shouldn't be a contest. I had emailed Benchwarmers, but never heard back.

I have never been to either place, but since I was told there was a crowd at ISC last weekend, I figured that'd be the best place to go. I asked around for opinion (both on here and in person), and I didn't get a real preference, so I made a random decision and chose ISC, based on that fact that I'd heard that they had a "big screen", but nobody told me that Benchwarmers did too.

I've told my friends ISC, so I guess that's what I'm planning on right now. Should we pull off the win Sat, and want to try a different place Sun, we could talk about it after the game. I'd definitely be up for seeing both places. But, if I have to go back and tell everyone to change places, then I'm gonna forget a few and they'll be mad.

So I'm planning ISC... hope to see ya there!

P.S. I'll let this thread die now since it seems to be doing a good enough job on it's own ;-)... unless someone else has more to contribute/ask/comment on.

P.P.S. In case anyone doesn't know, 302 W. Green St .

Date: March 28, 2003 06:34AM

Just FYI, be sure they have cable and not satellite, because there's some concern that the game(s) will be blacked out locally on satellite sports networks since Time-Warner bought the rights.

Since the games aren't being shown in central NY ...
Posted by: melissa (---.nycap.rr.com)
Date: March 28, 2003 06:38AM

Here is the local TW phone # in case anyone wants to try and get the games with ECAC teams on local programming here. With both RPI and Union in town you'd think that they'd want to show how their ECAC competition does in the NCAA's - esp since Cornell and Harvard played in a very exciting game in town this past week-end and Cornell obviously has a decent fan base in the area.

1-866-321-CABLE (2225)

Post Edited (03-28-03 06:39)

Date: March 31, 2003 11:02AM

15 seconds of fame? :-}

[www.theithacajournal.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login