Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Providence Roll Call

Posted by Beeeej 
Providence Roll Call
Posted by: Beeeej (---.bc.yu.edu)
Date: March 24, 2003 02:09PM

Okay - who's going?

I'll be there, plus one.

Beeeej

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Re: Providence Roll Call
Posted by: Tom Pasniewski 98 (---.caregroup.org)
Date: March 24, 2003 02:12PM

I will be there plus one both days regardless. I will also be at the Friday night game in Worcester and am debating about the Saturday night game in Worcester.

Posted by: Chris Moberg (---.pivot.net)
Date: March 24, 2003 02:16PM

Beth and I will be there both days

Posted by: judy (---.raytheon.com)
Date: March 24, 2003 02:17PM

Here! And answering for Melissa.

Posted by: ugarte (63.94.240.---)
Date: March 24, 2003 02:23PM

Plus 1 (Sec. 124, Row KK, Seats 8-9). And I know of a car of four heading up that don't read the forum.

Posted by: CrazyLarry (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: March 24, 2003 02:30PM

I will be there.

I am visiting Hahvahd (sucks) as a possible grad school option on Wed/Thurs (I like the thought of Harvard paying for me to travel to watch Cornell hockey). I left Friday free not knowing if we'd be in Worcester or Providence. So, I am asking:

1) Anybody willing to get me a ride from Cambridge to Providence on Saturday?

2) Anybody going to Worcester on Friday and willing to give me a ride?

3) Anybody willing to grant me a place to stay Friday night?

Posted by: jkahn (216.146.73.---)
Date: March 24, 2003 02:32PM

I'd love to meet some of the regulars from both ELF and the game chat (where I'm jeff70). Is there anywhere the very Faithful will be hanging out Friday night, perhaps watching the second game from Worcester when I arrive? It would be great trading hockey stories with Faithful from any era. I'm flying up Friday, Southwest from Chicago, landing at 6:50pm. I tried using United mileage, but they could only do it for 40,000, not 25,000, so I decided to save the miles - hope they stay in business. I've got a buddy driving up to meet me from Long Island Saturday morning whom I sat next to at the '70 NCAA's and the '69 and '70 ECAC's, so we're hoping that's a good omen. I'm staying at the Fairfield Inn by the airport, which according to Marriott's website is 5 miles from the rink. Had some Marriott free room certificates to use, but both the Providence Marriott and Courtyard Marriott were sold out (or had no rooms available for reward certificates), but the Fairfield did.

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.cit.cornell.edu)
Date: March 24, 2003 03:05PM

Working on it... and, depending when we get to Prov, would very possibly be in for the gathering as well.

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.rr.com)
Date: March 24, 2003 05:18PM

I hope to make it!!

Posted by: ugarte (63.94.240.---)
Date: March 24, 2003 05:28PM

Work may make me bag my planned trip to Worcester, but if I go, I'll let you know.

Posted by: Lowell '99 (---.med.cornell.edu)
Date: March 24, 2003 05:39PM

I'll be there with bells on.

Minus the bells, of course.

Posted by: Tom Pasniewski 98 (---.caregroup.org)
Date: March 24, 2003 06:20PM

One question. If someone offered you a ride to Worcester, offered you a ride to Providence and offered you a place to stay, would you call their offer specious?:-D

BTW, regardless of your answer, I do have an extra ticket for Worcester for sale for both days. This goes out to anybody. Ride not included with ticket.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: March 24, 2003 06:51PM

I'm going, alone unfortunately.:`(

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.loyno.edu)
Date: March 24, 2003 06:52PM

I'm almost certainly not going, although the Saturday-Sunday scheduling made me look into it. The best feasible flight option at this point is into Laguardia (or Albany for $28 more) at 9pm Friday night and out of Boston at 6:10pm Sunday afternoon for $460. But that's a little steep and potentially dodgy if the regional final goes to OT, plus I really need to work between games this weekend.

Posted by: jy3 (---.stny.rr.com)
Date: March 24, 2003 07:00PM

hi all
i will be going with my fiancee and my apartmentmate. just waiting to get tix and then make hotel arrangements. not sure when we will be getting in friday evening/night.
cyall there

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.ne.client2.attbi.com)
Date: March 24, 2003 10:40PM

Jim Hyla '67 wrote:

I'm going, alone unfortunately.:`(
Donna and I will keep you company, Jim.:-)

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: March 25, 2003 01:15AM

I'm thinking of scraping it. My main group totally fell apart, and I don't think I feel like dealing with more of this. I'll sleep on it, but I think I'll just be praying they're broadcasting it in Ithaca.

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: March 25, 2003 08:16AM

I'll be there.

Ironically, I'll be staying in Harvard (sucks), Mass. My sister lives there.

If anyone needs a ride from the Western burbs of Boston to Providence, let me know.

JH

Posted by: gtsully (12.45.229.---)
Date: March 25, 2003 09:07AM

I'll be there with my 13-year old brother who loves the Red more than my other brother who actually went to Cornell, and I know of as many as 6 others who might be coming in seperately. I won't be hitting any watering holes on Saturday night, though, for obvious reasons...

Posted by: ACM (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: March 25, 2003 05:09PM

I just bought my ticket, so I guess I'm going.

Posted by: arik marks '91 (155.44.2.---)
Date: March 25, 2003 06:25PM

Beej-

I'll be there along with the infamous Mr. Weintraub....perhaps I should bring earplugs?

Arik

Posted by: Lowell '99 (---.med.cornell.edu)
Date: March 25, 2003 06:35PM

Make sure Weintraub brings the infamous red hankie.

Posted by: Steve M '03 (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: March 25, 2003 08:03PM

Is anyone out there driving early sat. morning to providence?

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: March 25, 2003 09:39PM

Yes, but I'm leaving from Syr.. If you can get here by 6:00 AM, I'm going.

Posted by: dadeo (---.dialup.cornell.edu)
Date: March 25, 2003 09:58PM

I am going to the Worcester games on Friday, and then on to Providence on Saturday
If anyone is doing teh same and needs a ride/has a ride, LMK
LGR
dave

Posted by: Jeff Weintraub, '91, '95 (---.101.252.64.snet.net)
Date: March 25, 2003 11:12PM

I've been following this entertaining and informative 'forum' for the last two years without writing in, but now that I've been mentioned twice by others in this particular topic, I guess it's finally time to break the ice.

Yes, I'll be in Providence with the same red hankie that saw countless numbers of fantastic Big Red sports highlights including everything from the last time a Big Red hoops team won an Ivy Title and played in the NCAA's in '88, to two Ivy titles for the football team in '88 and '90, to the miraculous come from behind overtime win by the visiting Big Red, who at the time could not have been larger underdogs, against Michigan (on their home ice) in the first game of the NCAA tournament in '91, when we tied the game with 0:03 seconds remaining and won it 0:16 seconds into the overtime! ... you should have seen the look on the faces of those Michigan fans!

Let's hope the good luck continues and we experience even better memorable moments this weekend and beyond.

Looking forward to seeing all of you ... and those considering not going, try your best to make it, as it is quite unlikely you'll have too many more opportunities in your lifetime to see the Big Red in this favorable a situation. Take advantage of it now if you possibly can pull it off. We really can't underestimate the importance of having as large a cheering section as possible, especially if we end up playing against BC on Sunday.

GO BIG RED!!!

P.S.: If anyone is having trouble getting a reservation in the Providence area, I found a place called the Johnson and Wales Inn (http://www.jwinn.com/), never been there, but rated 3 stars by AAA, apparently only 7 miles from the rink; it has lots of available rooms at reasonable rates (ask for a AAA rate-$81/night, which appears to be competitive for the area).

Johnson & Wales
Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.ne.client2.attbi.com)
Date: March 25, 2003 11:17PM

Johnson & Wales is another...hotel school! (And cooking and other professional kinds of things.)

We stopped there once looking for a room and it was booked, but the place looked very nice in the public areas.

Posted by: CU at Stanford (---.stanford.edu)
Date: March 26, 2003 03:34AM

I will not be there, but Greg Hornby will...(oh, sorry, that was Greg Berge's thread :-D ).

Seriously, my good friend Toni Marks and her son Alex and I think two of Alex's friends will be there. If you see a red-headed Swede with three teenage boys, be sure to say hello to her. After all, she knows how to cheer for Murray in Swedish. :-)

I am hoping to catch the Saturday game on TV here in CA, before boarding our flight for Venice, Italy.

Let's Go Red!

Posted by: Steve Forti '02 (---.mecnet.net)
Date: March 26, 2003 10:29AM

the ticket lady on the phone laughed when i told her i wanted my seats "as close to the cornell band as possible."

Posted by: Scott Goldsmith (---.t1.inch.com)
Date: March 26, 2003 04:19PM

Me plus 2.

Posted by: Leigh (---.net.gov.bc.ca)
Date: March 26, 2003 05:23PM

I dont get it...what do you mean when you say " I will not be there but Greg Hornby will"? I am really tired right now and will probably get it later, but as of now I dont.

Posted by: AdamGanderson (---.ipt.aol.com)
Date: March 26, 2003 06:25PM

I'll be there.

Adam Ganderson '00ish

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.stny.rr.com)
Date: March 26, 2003 10:57PM

I'll be there. (Duh.)

Posted by: Ben Doyle 03 (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: March 26, 2003 11:05PM

ditto nut

Posted by: ugarte (---.nyc.rr.com)
Date: March 27, 2003 08:51AM

This article reminds me of another faithful group . . .

[sports.espn.go.com]

Posted by: RedAR (---.harvard.edu)
Date: March 27, 2003 09:11AM

me too

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: March 27, 2003 12:46PM

Well if they're the blue mist, can we be the Red Menace? nut

JH

Posted by: Doug Dickerson (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: March 27, 2003 08:53PM

Jackie, Daniel, Lucas and I will be there too.

Stupid Fact. . .
Posted by: Ben Doyle 03 (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: March 27, 2003 09:57PM

While we may have "some" issues with the seeding process, the fact is we are still the number one overall seed.

With that distinction comes an interesting statistic. . .our record in our home whites is 17-0-0. Here's to hoping we add a few more wins.rock

Re: Stupid Fact. . .
Posted by: Adam 04 (---.sj3.marketscore.com)
Date: March 28, 2003 03:50AM

What color were we in Florida? screwy

Post Edited (03-28-03 03:51)

Re: Stupid Fact. . .
Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.no.no.cox.net)
Date: March 28, 2003 07:19AM

Adam J. Doyle wrote:
What color were we in Florida? screwy
Red, both games. We're supposed to be co-co-hosts with Maine and OSU; I suppose they rotate the seeds as well as the pairings. (Interesting note: in three years of the Everblades tourney, Maine has only played OSU once, while we've played them every time. Also, Maine has played in every championship game while OSU has played in every consolation game.)

Posted by: jkahn (216.146.73.---)
Date: March 28, 2003 11:52AM

Changed my hotel from the Fairfield at the airport to the Providence Marriott downtown - both were using Marriott Rewards certificates so I don't know the pricing. Interestingly, the Marriott had told me earlier in the week that they had no availability, so some rooms that might have been on hold for the tournament may have gotten released.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login