Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Game videos available

Posted by Dianne 99 
Game videos available
Posted by: Dianne 99 (---.006.popsite.net)
Date: March 22, 2003 09:04PM

Hi all,

Someone posted about this yesterday but I can't find the original thread. I've got a tape (or will in about twenty minutes, assuming no OT) of both Cornell games this weekend. I will happily mail it to whomever wants it, although I'd prefer it go to someone with the capability of making copies for those who want them. Email me if interested.

Dianne

Post Edited (03-22-03 21:06)

Re: Game videos available
Posted by: Leung '96 (---.netvigator.com)
Date: March 22, 2003 10:12PM

Assuming that I can get this tape, I will be happy to digitize and make MPEG/VCD copies.
-Darren

Posted by: JordanCS (---.bunt.com)
Date: March 22, 2003 10:24PM

I don't have the ability to make duplicates, but I will pay pretty much anything within reason for a copy of this weekends games on tape. Listening to the Harvard - Cornell final was heartstopping enough, now I actually have to see it.

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.rr.com)
Date: March 22, 2003 10:53PM

Anyone with friends in or around NYState may have the chance to ask that person to make a copy of the game from one of the rebroadcasts on the YES network.

There is a replay on Sunday at 4 PM eastern time.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: March 23, 2003 01:34AM

I've got the final on SP VCR and both semis on EP. I'll be trying to redo the final today so if you want it to duplicate let me know and I'll mail one Monday.

Re: Game videos needed
Posted by: dadeo (---.dialup.cornell.edu)
Date: March 23, 2003 01:49AM

Yes, so can I, I WANT A COPY. between the shot of when the dartmouth guy put the harvard guy through the glass, and those two goals at the end of the final, who wouldnt want a copy :)

Posted by: ugarte (---.nyc.rr.com)
Date: March 23, 2003 04:10AM

I'd love a copy, and can dupe it.

Posted by: kaelistus (---.c3-0.smr-ubr1.sbo-smr.ma.cable.rcn.co)
Date: March 23, 2003 09:37AM

I don't have the equipment to dupe it over here.. but when someone does, I'd love to get a copy of that!

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.rr.com)
Date: March 23, 2003 11:14AM

There is an additional airing at 9AM on Monday listed for 2.5 hours on YES. That means that a T-160 tape at SP will get the whole broadcast. Since there are two airings you can try the T-160 SP on Sunday and retape Monday in the unlikely event that they show the 3 hour live version of the game.

There was a lot of post game fun on the live broadcast and I hope that isn't cut. I made it onto the screen as a little dot swaying in the stands with my family behind the team shot during the Alma Mater.:-D

Post Edited (03-23-03 11:15)

Re: Game videos needed
Date: March 23, 2003 11:54AM

I'm working with Darren to get copies. Please no more posts, unless someone else wants to do it, till he sees what he can do. He's back Mon/Tues.

Date: March 23, 2003 12:41PM

So everyone knows, I intend to digitize the videos to MPEG. Since there's going to be a significant amount of data, it will easily run over a standard Video-CD at high quality.

The result should be a set of several VCD's or, if you prefer, mpeg straight to disc (VCD's play in DVD players). I'll put a menu on the VCD's for chapterizing (assuming my computer is still alive when I get back home worry ).

Email roxio@deepdrift.com and let me know if you're interested in picking up a set. The cost should be around $5, depending on the number of discs necessary for the task and using USPS priority shipping.
Once I get everything together, I'll post a small sample mpg on a website for folks to download.

Now, if there's a lot of interest in a DVD version, I'd need more funds (who doesn't!), and therefore more people, to offset the cost of a burner and media.

-Darren

Posted by: Melissa'01 (---.nycap.rr.com)
Date: March 23, 2003 01:33PM

guys, I am just looking for Friday's gaame. Does anyone have this available? I forgot to set my VCR before heading off to Pepsi and YES isn't re-braoscasting that game at all. Would be willing to trade for a copy of the final game or just pay you cost of taping plus a convenience fee to be dtermined by you the maker. I would absolutely adore anyone who could help me out!

ECAC Final Rebroadcast on YES
Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.no.no.cox.net)
Date: March 23, 2003 01:59PM

My DirecTV listings have a rebroadcast on YES at 3pm Central (4pm Eastern).

Post Edited (03-23-03 13:59)

Re: ECAC Final Rebroadcast on YES
Date: March 23, 2003 02:21PM

yeah. i know. but thanks JTW. i'm not looking for the final. am looking for the game against brown.

Date: March 23, 2003 02:29PM

I have the semis and can try for copies. However it's on EP and I don't know how good the copy will be. I can't do it now since both VCRs are set to record the finals again. I'll work on this early next week.

Anyone who wants a copy of the semis only please email me and I'll see what I can do. Please let me know if you will be at the NCAA regionals, as I might be able to bring them there.

Damn, this is work, but alot more fun than last year.:-P

Date: March 23, 2003 02:36PM

Jim - you are awesome!
You are right. This definietly is a whole lot more fun than last year. Even this morning I have periodically beeen jumping up and down, a stupid grin on my face as i jubilantly giggle.. "We won! We won! We really won!" Poor Judy had to hear it way too often beofre she boraded her plane to go home.

Posted by: Jordan (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: March 23, 2003 07:14PM

Well, after being there last night, I experienced it again via the replay on YES just now.

Only one caveat. To fit it into a 2 1/2 hour slot, YES clearly cut out a lot of the post-game celebration and ceremonies. How much of that did they do last night? Becuase they seem to cut out a lot. The last thing you see is LeNeveu hugging Paolini, and then they cut to the wrap-up. How much is missing?

Posted by: Section A (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: March 23, 2003 07:19PM

Missing: Presentation of the MVP and the Whitelaw, victory lap around the rink, an interview or two (interviews with Bâby, Schafer, Vesce, maybe another), the alma mater, the salute to fans, that's all I can remember of the top of my head

Date: March 23, 2003 07:23PM

Hmm....Sounds like I may want to get my hands on a copy of the original broadcast then...

Murray
Posted by: Hey Cornell (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: March 23, 2003 07:28PM

:-D I'm so glad that we won the ECAC!!!!!!!!!! Murray i'll miss u next year! :`(

Date: March 23, 2003 07:59PM

[q]Missing: Presentation of the MVP and the Whitelaw, victory lap around the rink, an interview or two (interviews with Bâby, Schafer, Vesce, maybe another), the alma mater, the salute to fans, that's all I can remember of the top of my head[/q]

Avash -- or anyone @ Cornell for that matter -- do you have a copy of last night's broadcast? I'm looking to just tag the post-game stuff onto the copy I just made off the rebroadcast.

E-mail me if anyone out there can help...

Date: March 23, 2003 08:01PM

Figured I should include my email address if I want to receive an email.

Date: March 23, 2003 08:31PM

Please look at all the posts.I'm working with Darren to get DVDs made of the ECAC Finals, as gifts to all of our closest friends.:-) So let the process go for a while. I have the original broadcast with the whole end of game broadcast. Indeed there are some interesting comments, etc.. e.g. Coach told Downs to take the trophy and skate it around like he did. However he phrased it alot more interestingly. B-]

So let Darren work on it, enough said for now.;-) upto

More will be said to all of our friends later. If anybody can't understand what I'm saying email me.

Date: March 23, 2003 08:45PM

agreed. when someone has everything in order and wants to make some extra cash by coping and selling an extra copy of the original broadcast please let me know. last night was definitely a night to remember and i was upset with today's lack of post game coverage.

Date: March 23, 2003 08:56PM

We are not selling these. They are gifts to our closest friends. email or call me 315-446-8550 if you don't understand. Thanks.

Date: March 23, 2003 09:34PM

Sorry Jim. Posted the above as a reply before reading the rest of the posts in the thread. You are the bomb!

Posted by: Doug Dickerson (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: March 23, 2003 09:39PM

Jim

I would love to have a copy of the final as my tape of it off of YES
(Saturday night tape delay) cuts off at the end of regulation.
Thanks.

Doug

Posted by: eschwieb (---.client.attbi.com)
Date: March 24, 2003 12:33AM

Jim, I'd LOVE a copy too, if you'd be so kind...!

Schwieb '96

Date: March 24, 2003 08:28AM

ALL,
If you have not already done so, please email me directly at
roxio@deepdrift.com
with your request as to whether you want the material as VCD or mpeg on CD (for those of you with better equipment than me =P )

As Jim has said, we've decided to give these out as gifts, free of charge.
I am planning to be at the Providence game, so if I can get these things together before that time, maybe I can hand you a copy instead of mailing it, but you MUST EMAIL ME.

LET'S GO RED!!!!!!!!!!!

-Darren

Posted by: Mahesh Netravali '98 (---.mc.duke.edu)
Date: March 24, 2003 08:40AM

Does anyone have access to a VHS copy? Please e-mail me.

Posted by: jeh25 (130.132.105.---)
Date: March 24, 2003 08:55AM

Leung '96 wrote:

with your request as to whether you want the material as VCD or mpeg on CD (for those of you with better equipment than me =P )

-Darren

Ummm. VCD is mpeg1 by definition. When you say mpeg on CD, are you referring to MPEG2 (eg SVCD?)

Posted by: CowbellGuy (---.biotech.cornell.edu)
Date: March 24, 2003 09:21AM

I'm considering making DVDs of the final at least, but I'm waiting to get a different DV bridge that should help the quality a bit. They're hoping to get them back in stock this week. I've got the original broadcast on Best quality on TiVo off satellite, so I'll probably be able to provide the best final quality if you can be a bit patient.

Posted by: Melissa'01 (---.ip.reallyfastnet.com)
Date: March 24, 2003 09:36AM

for those whithout knowledge of what the heck these are can i please get some help ?
twitch nut

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.ne.client2.attbi.com)
Date: March 24, 2003 10:01AM

Age, I'd love one of the final. Don't know if I still qualify for one based on last year's "offer" in return for my modest contribution of support, but I'd be pleased to help cover any costs of the entire production. Thanks. Wish I coulda been there. See you in Providence.

Posted by: Matt (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: March 24, 2003 10:30AM

Thanks a lot!!! A copy would be much appreciated!!!!!

Posted by: CowbellGuy (---.biotech.cornell.edu)
Date: March 24, 2003 10:37AM

Yes, anyone who qualified for the special gift from last year can certainly get a copy for free, though I still do intend to do a few of the big games from last year too. twitch

Posted by: Dianne 99 (---.sonomatech.com)
Date: March 24, 2003 12:02PM

Whew, I'm away from a computer for a day and a half and look what happens...I gather by all the discussion no one needs my tapes? For whomever was looking for the post-game celebration, I actually have that on it's own tape. My first tape was about full with the semi and the final, so I popped in a new one for OT. I can send this or both tapes to someone.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login