Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

America One Sucks it

Posted by flyersgolf 
America One Sucks it
Posted by: flyersgolf (---.phlapa.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 14, 2014 08:12PM

Once again America One is horrible. All year the broadcast from Lynah were very good. Now we get to the playoffs and they need more money and change to America One. Do they even break even on this deal? I pay an additional dollar for iPad access, which is normally put up on the big screen, not a big deal. But it doesn't work. Right now the screen is black. When it does come on the buffering is constant. No video longer that 15 seconds before freezing. And the picture is not clear. What a bunch of shit. Why not let us pay and view it the same way we did during the regular season, it worked very well.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2014 08:17PM by flyersgolf.

Re: America One Sucks it
Posted by: ugarte (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 14, 2014 08:31PM

flyersgolf
Once again America One is horrible. All year the broadcast from Lynah were very good. Now we get to the playoffs and they need more money and change to America One. Do they even break even on this deal? I pay an additional dollar for iPad access, which is normally put up on the big screen, not a big deal. But it doesn't work. Right now the screen is black. When it does come on the buffering is constant. No video longer that 15 seconds before freezing. And the picture is not clear. What a bunch of shit. Why not let us pay and view it the same way we did during the regular season, it worked very well.
maybe it's an ECAC contract?

Date: March 14, 2014 08:41PM

Yes it is an ECAC deal. My iPhone picture also sucked. I ended up on a desktop and even that picture does not match the regular season quality. It's Redcast all over again. America One obviously cut the bandwidth for the game too. I do not think AO was ready for mobile or apple devices.

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: March 14, 2014 10:08PM

flyersgolf
Yes it is an ECAC deal. My iPhone picture also sucked. I ended up on a desktop and even that picture does not match the regular season quality. It's Redcast all over again. America One obviously cut the bandwidth for the game too. I do not think AO was ready for mobile or apple devices.
It did feel blotchy unless both teams had poison ivy. Nine bucks, no immediate replay although you can create your own by scrubbing that tiny slider backwards. How hard to have a Back 10 tab and Back 30 tab you could hit multiple times?

Posted by: upprdeck (---.syrcny.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 14, 2014 10:37PM

someone could foot the bill and send the rest the password.. that way it would net out to a quarter apiece and seem like a good deal..

Posted by: GBR1234 (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: March 15, 2014 03:44PM

Watching the Women's game vs. Mercyhurst on ILDN now.(iPad to HDMI to HDTV)
Very Good picture as usual with ILDN.
AO last night was unwatchable on iPad freezing every 15 seconds.
Ended up going laptop to HDMI to TV and picture was highly compressed and blothchy, but did not freeze.
4 Months of ALL CU sports on ILDN is like 50 bucks, even less with promo code, yet AO charges me 10 bucks for 1 game and the quality is crap.
Just awful.

Date: March 15, 2014 04:14PM

over priced for something with probably limited appeal. but i suppose they are trying to limit loses. over thinking the problem again. they probably could have gotten this produced for free but the ECAC wont allow it. it would interesting to know the numbers on who watched the mens game. hockey fans are used to paying to do things so maybe a couple hundred paid the fee to watch? production costs might be a few hundred dollars.. you would almost thing you could get the games sponsered and show it for free for the same costs..

Posted by: Travis 02 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 15, 2014 04:45PM

So I'm debating whether to buy the stream tonight to watch it and judging from the discussion here I'd venture that "no" would be the vote. I'd run it from my PC to TV via HDMI . . . from what I'm reading, it's $10 for a pretty substandard feed, though the PC version is better than the mobile.

Date: March 15, 2014 05:59PM

FYI, I wrote and complained to support at America One Sports. Below is my message and their reply:

Subject: Why?

Last night's Cornell game from Lynah Rink was unwatchable on iPad.
It froze every 15 seconds so I ended up going back to my laptop where the video didn't freeze but was terrible. ..Highly compressed and blotchy.
I just watched the women's hockey game game from Lynah Rink this afternoon on The Ivy League Digital Network. No freezing on the iPad with a FAR superior picture than I received from your company last night.
Why is it that from the SAME venue your transmission is so bad, when ILDN is so good?
I paid an extra dollar last night to get the game on my iPad, yet couldn't use it.
I will order the game again from you tonight, but should I even bother purchasing the mobile option?
Was last nights awful feed an aberration, or is this the quality I can always expect from America One Sports?
I just don't understand why there is such a vast difference in quality from the exact same venue between your service and ILDN.
Please explain.
-----------------
Reply From: America One

Last night's viewing issue was in fact an aberration, and we apologize for your inconvenience. We have issued you a credit for last night's purchase and have corrected last night's issue. We hope that your viewing of tonight's event will meet your expectations.

Thank you,
America One Live Customer Support

Posted by: Travis 02 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 15, 2014 06:24PM

GBR1234
FYI, I wrote and complained to support at America One Sports. Below is my message and their reply:

Subject: Why?

Last night's Cornell game from Lynah Rink was unwatchable on iPad.
It froze every 15 seconds so I ended up going back to my laptop where the video didn't freeze but was terrible. ..Highly compressed and blotchy.
I just watched the women's hockey game game from Lynah Rink this afternoon on The Ivy League Digital Network. No freezing on the iPad with a FAR superior picture than I received from your company last night.
Why is it that from the SAME venue your transmission is so bad, when ILDN is so good?
I paid an extra dollar last night to get the game on my iPad, yet couldn't use it.
I will order the game again from you tonight, but should I even bother purchasing the mobile option?
Was last nights awful feed an aberration, or is this the quality I can always expect from America One Sports?
I just don't understand why there is such a vast difference in quality from the exact same venue between your service and ILDN.
Please explain.
-----------------
Reply From: America One

Last night's viewing issue was in fact an aberration, and we apologize for your inconvenience. We have issued you a credit for last night's purchase and have corrected last night's issue. We hope that your viewing of tonight's event will meet your expectations.

Thank you,
America One Live Customer Support

Thank you for both taking the time to send the complaint and to share the reply here. Maybe I'll give it a shot.

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: March 15, 2014 10:26PM

What was the credit? The whole fee, or the dollar for the poor mobile device experience?

Date: March 16, 2014 12:16AM

The whole fee.
First an email for the 1 dollar refund, then a separate email for the 9 dollar refund.
While not quite as good as ILDN, the overall quality was much better tonight. There still were a half dozen freezes in each period,lasting 10 seconds or so... but not every 15 seconds like last night.
In the end of the third the audio play by play was about 15 seconds ahead of the video, which was really annoying so I just turned down the sound.

Date: March 16, 2014 12:26AM

GBR1234
The whole fee.
First an email for the 1 dollar refund, then a separate email for the 9 dollar refund.
While not quite as good as ILDN, the overall quality was much better tonight. There still were a half dozen freezes in each period,lasting 10 seconds or so... but not every 15 seconds like last night.
In the end of the third the audio play by play was about 15 seconds ahead of the video, which was really annoying so I just turned down the sound.

I had the same problems at my end. Still not the picture quality of the regular season from lynah. AO still sucks. This is unacceptable. The ECAC has done a crappy job.

Date: March 16, 2014 09:45AM

I nevergot the refund from last time Ao did our game earlier in the year.. I ended up voiding it on my credit card.

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: March 16, 2014 12:53PM

I accessed the VOD (video on demand) function a few minutes ago. This was advertised as available until 9AM on the day following the game. It worked fine until my windows 7 OS decided to reboot with updates.

Posting for those wishing to watch anyof the for games we purchased yesterday.

Date: March 16, 2014 12:57PM

Even though the VOD (Video on Demand) was supposed to expire at 9AM today, I am accessing it as I type.

Also, I paid for Friday but am watching a Friday game. Maybe they are getting the message that their system isn't what it should be. Also, note how the QPac video on Saturday (I haven't checked Friday) was the same high quality available for free during the year.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 16, 2014 01:00PM

marty
I accessed the VOD (video on demand) function a few minutes ago. This was advertised as available until 9AM on the day following the game. It worked fine until my windows 7 OS decided to reboot with updates.

The other thing I've found with A1 is that if you keep your window open, you get access to your VOD much longer than 9AM Pacific time. I've just put up last night's Union game, for example.

Date: March 16, 2014 01:03PM

Jim Hyla
marty

The other thing I've found with A1 is that if you keep your window open, you get access to your VOD much longer than 9AM Pacific time. I've just put up last night's Union game, for example.

I didn't realize they use Pacific time. Thanks.

Date: March 16, 2014 01:08PM

Looks like they weren't on Daylight Savings Time. The VOD is now expired. I can't choose the QPac Friday game for comparison.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2014 01:10PM by marty.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 16, 2014 02:38PM

marty
Looks like they weren't on Daylight Savings Time. The VOD is now expired. I can't choose the QPac Friday game for comparison.

Was your browser with A1 always open? I can still get any of last nights games.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: March 16, 2014 06:20PM

Was the live stream any better last night than it was on Friday?

Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: March 16, 2014 06:30PM

Josh '99
The consensus was yes.

Date: March 16, 2014 06:51PM

Trotsky
Josh '99
The consensus was yes.
Thanks. Looks pretty good so far even via HDMI onto the TV.

Date: March 16, 2014 06:58PM

Josh '99
Trotsky
Josh '99
The consensus was yes.
Thanks. Looks pretty good so far even via HDMI onto the TV.
That being said, am I wrong or is there no audio on this stream?

Date: March 16, 2014 08:15PM

first period was fine.. 2nd period was a stutter fest.

Posted by: Jordan 04 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: March 16, 2014 10:02PM

Live stream was excellent. My wireless is spotty so it hung a couple times in the 2nd, but moving to the hard wire for the 3rd and onward it was perfect.

Date: March 16, 2014 10:04PM

Had to sign on every 2 to 5 minutes until the end. But got to see the goal! AO still sucks
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2014 10:05PM by flyersgolf.

Date: March 16, 2014 10:12PM

Feed much better tonight for me... on-par with ILDN.
I pretty sure it is because there were fewer games tonight and so A1 didn't throttle the bandwidth as much as usual.

Posted by: dbilmes (69.183.40.---)
Date: March 20, 2014 08:39PM

Does anyone have a link for the streaming video of the ECAC semifinal game on Friday?

Date: March 20, 2014 10:16PM

i wish i could find what channel it is on tv..

Posted by: dag14 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 20, 2014 10:39PM

Fox College Sports Atlantic [channel 372 in Ithaca]

Date: March 20, 2014 11:04PM

I had to add Fox College sports to my Comcast cable lineup.
It is $1.99 to add it and $1.99 to remove it.
The monthly charge is $8.95 but any cancellation is prorated so if I cancel on Monday I will be charged for maybe a week which would be less than 3 bucks.
So 4 bucks to add and remove, plus the 3 dollars would be around 8 bucks or so with tax.
Basically I get all 3 Lake Placid games for less than the price of one poorly streamed America One game.
:)
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2014 11:07PM by GBR1234.

Posted by: andyw2100 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 20, 2014 11:20PM

GBR1234
I had to add Fox College sports to my Comcast cable lineup.
It is $1.99 to add it and $1.99 to remove it.
The monthly charge is $8.95 but any cancellation is prorated so if I cancel on Monday I will be charged for maybe a week which would be less than 3 bucks.
So 4 bucks to add and remove, plus the 3 dollars would be around 8 bucks or so with tax.
Basically I get all 3 Lake Placid games for less than the price of one poorly streamed America One game.
:)

I had a post in another thread about doing the same thing on Time Warner, where it could be done for about 60 cents.

Date: March 20, 2014 11:25PM

Now THAT's a deal!

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (24.229.69.---)
Date: March 21, 2014 05:51AM

dag14
Fox College Sports Atlantic [channel 372 in Ithaca]

Wow. I actually get that one.

Too bad I'll be in LP dribble

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login