Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

The Lynah of yesteryear

Posted by Cop at Lynah 
The Lynah of yesteryear
Posted by: Cop at Lynah (---.cupolice.cornell.edu)
Date: March 03, 2014 07:47AM

It was very refreshing to see that Lynah can be what Lynah used to be. The place was packed before the opening face-off and the crowd was louder and more involved than it has been in a few years. It's what hockey night at Cornell should be on a continual basis. The buzz around the rink was very noticeable and I'm sure the players on the ice took notice. Let's hope that the atmosphere created on Saturday night can be repeated more often.

Re: The Lynah of yesteryear
Posted by: daredevilcu (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: March 07, 2014 11:41AM

If Clarkson gets by Princeton and ends up at yet ANOTHER quarterfinal at Lynah, I would greatly prefer the Lynah from 10+ years ago. The last few years, crowds there just haven't had the same type of fanaticism. I remember my first time walking into that rink and being super intimidated. I remember leaving after Clarkson's 5-4 quarterfinal victory in 2004 (game after Varteressian got DQ'd) and fearing for my life. What the hell happened to that?

Posted by: Dafatone (---.midco.net)
Date: March 07, 2014 12:10PM

daredevilcu
If Clarkson gets by Princeton and ends up at yet ANOTHER quarterfinal at Lynah, I would greatly prefer the Lynah from 10+ years ago. The last few years, crowds there just haven't had the same type of fanaticism. I remember my first time walking into that rink and being super intimidated. I remember leaving after Clarkson's 5-4 quarterfinal victory in 2004 (game after Varteressian got DQ'd) and fearing for my life. What the hell happened to that?

Basketball, smartphones, a couple sort-of-down-ish years, and an emphasis on stopping fun by the authorities at Lynah.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.raytheon.com)
Date: March 07, 2014 12:38PM

Dafatone
daredevilcu

Basketball, smartphones, a couple sort-of-down-ish years, and an emphasis on stopping fun by the authorities at Lynah.
You forgot The Entitled Generation. ;-)

Posted by: TimV (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: March 07, 2014 06:27PM

daredevilcu

You're more ripped now.**]

Posted by: daredevilcu (---.stny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 07, 2014 10:33PM

TimV
daredevilcu

Well, I AM a lot bigger... :-}

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.c3-0.smr-ubr2.sbo-smr.ma.static.cable.rcn.com)
Date: March 07, 2014 10:40PM

daredevilcu
TimV
daredevilcu

Well, I AM a lot bigger have been eating more... :-}
FYP. Does no one watch the classics anymore?

Posted by: Johnny 5 (---.syrcny.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 08, 2014 08:04AM

Dafatone
daredevilcu

ILDN

pissed

Posted by: daredevilcu (---.stny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 08, 2014 09:21AM

Kyle Rose
daredevilcu
TimV
daredevilcu

It's not funny if you explain the joke!

Also, apparently not?

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.c3-0.smr-ubr2.sbo-smr.ma.static.cable.rcn.com)
Date: March 08, 2014 09:50AM

daredevilcu
Kyle Rose
daredevilcu
TimV
daredevilcu

It's not funny if you explain the joke!

Also, apparently not?

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: March 14, 2014 07:09PM

The picture posted on the eLynah twitter page a few minutes ago makes me sad.

Posted by: BearLover (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 14, 2014 07:26PM

Josh '99
Been saying this all year...email the AD/Schafer and ask to lower ticket prices.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: March 14, 2014 07:30PM

BearLover
Josh '99
Been saying this all year...email the AD/Schafer and ask to lower ticket prices.
If they don't listen to the students voting with their feet, they're not going to listen to an alum who doesn't go to games regularly regardless.

Date: March 14, 2014 09:10PM

Josh '99
BearLover
Josh '99
If they don't listen to the students voting with their feet, they're not going to listen to an alum who doesn't go to games regularly regardless.
They'll listen if enough of us chime in

Posted by: jeff '84 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 15, 2014 12:01AM

BearLover
Josh '99
Announced Attendance 3,742

Date: March 15, 2014 02:31AM

jeff '84
BearLover
Josh '99
Announced Attendance 3,742
Absolute joke

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login