Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Dartmouth @ Cornell 2/28/14

Posted by Beeeej 
Dartmouth @ Cornell 2/28/14
Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: February 28, 2014 10:27AM

From Athletics:

The Cornell women's ice hockey team faces Princeton at 3:30pm this afternoon in the first round of the ECAC Hockey playoffs. In the event the game proceeds into overtime, it may impact the 7pm start time for the Cornell vs. Dartmouth men's hockey game.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Re: Dartmouth @ Cornell 2/28/14
Posted by: Trotsky (---.raytheon.com)
Date: February 28, 2014 12:07PM

Dartmouth has been a notoriously tough opponent for Schafer's squad, but a Cornell win tonight would drop the Green into a tie for toughest RS opponent.

Cornell is 8-2-3 in the last 7 seasons of RS games against Dartmouth; prior to that Schafer's record against them was 10-13-1 .438, so we're actually on an upswing.

Posted by: releck97 (170.158.3.---)
Date: February 28, 2014 01:03PM

Hopefully, the unfinished business with Eric Neiley will be swift and not result in any majors...

Posted by: nyc94 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: February 28, 2014 01:16PM

releck97
Hopefully, the unfinished business with Eric Neiley will be swift and not result in any majors...

From CHN article:

"Dartmouth's Eric Neiley took a shot at Cornell's Bardreau. Neiley was ultimately suspended for it, but Cornell is looking for its own form of punishment.

"It will be a physical hockey game, I guarantee it," Schafer said. "Our guys weren't happy with what he did to Cole at the end of the game. It's not NHL hockey where you can go out and go after the kid, but we'll hit him, and every kid on their team, every chance we can get. And we've got to come ready to battle. And we've been more physical our last four games, really stepping it up.

"This isn't NHL hockey where guys square off — you have to use that motivation to play strong and physical against every one one of their guys."

Date: February 28, 2014 02:11PM

Winning is the best revenge. Ignore the little prick and put some rubber in the Dartmouth net.

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: February 28, 2014 02:12PM

nyc94
releck97

From CHN article:

"Dartmouth's Eric Neiley took a shot at Cornell's Bardreau. Neiley was ultimately suspended for it, but Cornell is looking for its own form of punishment.

"It will be a physical hockey game, I guarantee it," Schafer said. "Our guys weren't happy with what he did to Cole at the end of the game. It's not NHL hockey where you can go out and go after the kid, but we'll hit him, and every kid on their team, every chance we can get. And we've got to come ready to battle. And we've been more physical our last four games, really stepping it up.

"This isn't NHL hockey where guys square off — you have to use that motivation to play strong and physical against every one one of their guys."
But no waterboarding. This could be good, assuming our guys don't beyond the letter of Schafer's law. Does TBRW have a section for Seniors Who Weren't Able to Play Senior Night on Account of a DQ?

Date: February 28, 2014 02:14PM

billhoward
Does TBRW have a section for Seniors Who Weren't Able to Play Senior Night on Account of a DQ?
Nope. Nor a section on telegraphing your focus on a particular player thus making him virtually off-limits at the risk of a penalty.

Posted by: releck97 (170.158.3.---)
Date: February 28, 2014 02:15PM

Trotsky
Winning is the best revenge. Ignore the little prick and put some rubber in the Dartmouth net.
Agreed, however...something tells me this will not be the case.

Posted by: Robb (---.lsanca.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 28, 2014 03:00PM

releck97
Trotsky
Agreed, however...something tells me this will not be the case.
I think you mean someONE...whose initials are MS...

Posted by: ugarte (207.239.110.---)
Date: February 28, 2014 05:05PM

Trotsky
No, winning is the second-best revenge. Creaming the little prick AND winning is the best revenge.

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: February 28, 2014 11:35PM

Ouch! After the 1-0 loss we're still in sole possession of fourth in the ECAC with 24 points, cannot reach third because Quinnipac (won Friday) and Colgate (lost Friday) are at 27, but Clarkson is at 23 (won Friday) and Yale is at 22 (lost Friday). So we control our destiny (first round bye) with a win over Harvard.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: February 28, 2014 11:42PM

Sounds as if the Harvard goalie also stole the Colgate game.

Posted by: carpy85 (66.152.117.---)
Date: March 01, 2014 12:17AM

Trotsky
Sounds as if the Harvard goalie also stole the Colgate game.

Lets all hope Colgate tuckered out the Harvard goalie. I am not sure if McDonald will be playing though judging by how he limped off late in the third period. I don't recall him playing another shift after limping back to the bench.

Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: March 01, 2014 12:25AM

So I'm away from the internet for an evening and nothing on the board for a recap? I go to a box score to see that CU outshot them 30-14 in the 2nd & 3rd. Was that an accurate indication of the game? I'll just assume that we had "plenty of opportunities, but nobody could finish. <opposing goalie> stood on his head and the refs screwed us."

Anything?

Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: March 01, 2014 12:56AM

RichH
So I'm away from the internet for an evening and nothing on the board for a recap? I go to a box score to see that CU outshot them 30-14 in the 2nd & 3rd. Was that an accurate indication of the game? I'll just assume that we had "plenty of opportunities, but nobody could finish. <opposing goalie> stood on his head and the refs screwed us."

Anything?

The refs didn't screw us. Our finishers' shots weren't bad at all. <opposing goalie> stood on his head.

I think we would win this game 9 times out of 10, but this was #10. Dartmouth matches up with us very well but frankly I thought we destroyed them in all three zones. Shit like this happens. If we beat Hahvahd it's all just a footnote.

Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: March 01, 2014 12:58AM

Trotsky
RichH

Anything?

The refs didn't screw us. Our finishers' shots weren't bad at all. <opposing goalie> stood on his head.

I think we would win this game 9 times out of 10, but this was #10. Dartmouth matches up with us very well but frankly I thought we destroyed them in all three zones. Shit like this happens. If we beat Hahvahd it's all just a footnote.

Can I just say how much hate I hold in my heart for Bob Gaudet?

Posted by: upprdeck (---.syrcny.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 01, 2014 08:38AM

the goalie made saves, but i think it was me we have a team that doesnt shoot very well. easily 6-7 shots from inside 10 ft we hit the goalie. in one flurry we had 75% of the net to shoot at and the goalie was on his face and we still hit him 2-3 times. we dont have any finishers and we missed our semi breakaway again.

Posted by: scoop85 (---.hvc.res.rr.com)
Date: March 01, 2014 09:50AM

RichH

Anything?

Grant was very good, but we made it too easy on him with some point-blank shots directly into his chest. As but one example Buckles came in all alone on a nice feed and the shot went directly at Grant, who hardly had to move.

It was one of the more frustrating games I've seen in a long time, in that we did just about everything right but score. That, however, is our achilles heal as we all know.

Posted by: MattS (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: March 01, 2014 09:53AM

I thought CU played well, especially in the second and third periods. CU was certainly the team that performed better in all facets of the game except scoring. Yes, it is the most important aspect, but I thought on most nights they get the two goals they need to win with the opportunities they created. the Dartmouth goalie played well and CU just couldn't finish. It is a shame to loose a game like that but it happens.

If CU plays like they did in the second and third periods then they will beat most opponents.

Posted by: Towerroad (---.bstnma.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 01, 2014 10:02AM

If CU plays like they did in the second and third periods then they will beat most opponents.[/quote]

How many goals did they score in those 2 periods?

Posted by: Johnny 5 (---.syrcny.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 01, 2014 10:16AM

Posted by: MattS (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 01, 2014 12:36PM

Towerroad
If CU plays like they did in the second and third periods then they will beat most opponents.

How many goals did they score in those 2 periods?[/quote]

Nice job cherry picking! Well done!

Posted by: Towerroad (---.bstnma.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 01, 2014 01:01PM

MattS
Towerroad

Nice job cherry picking! Well done![/quote]

Sorry, I guess I just don't understand. I thought that putting the puck in the net played an important part in the game. My bad.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2014 01:03PM by Towerroad.

Posted by: MattS (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 01, 2014 01:22PM

Towerroad
MattS
Towerroad

Nice job cherry picking! Well done!

Sorry, I guess I just don't understand. I thought that putting the puck in the net played an important part in the game. My bad.[/quote]

Are you trying to be obtuse?

I clearly commented earlier in my original post about the lack of scoring. You chose to quote the last sentence of my post and tried to take it out of context as what I assume is a poor commentary on the team's lack of scoring last night. Hence, my cherry picking comment.

Posted by: BMac (---.mycingular.net)
Date: March 02, 2014 12:20AM

Don't feed the trolls. Some people don't understand distributions.

"If we play that way all the time we'll do well" means "statistically if we play that way we'll score more than our opponents."

Meh

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login