Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Cornell at Quinnipiac on NESN

Posted by jkahn 
Cornell at Quinnipiac on NESN
Posted by: jkahn (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: February 18, 2014 09:04PM

Friday's game at Quinnipiac will be broadcast live on NESN at 7 EST (per NESN website).

Re: Cornell at Quinnipiac on NESN
Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: February 18, 2014 11:02PM

jkahn
Friday's game at Quinnipiac will be broadcast live on NESN at 7 EST (per NESN website).

Also likely available for free on the Internet (unless NESN rights prohibit the freebie).

[quinnipiacbobcats.com]

Posted by: CornellChris (---.carolina.res.rr.com)
Date: February 19, 2014 02:30PM

Great news! Also, a rare opportunity for alumni association chapters around the country to get together for a hockey game watch. If nobody objects, I think I'll start a separate thread for people to post any details on game watches in their area. My chapter (Charlotte) will be meeting at Angry Ales, 1518 Montford Drive, Charlotte, NC, 28209.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.arthritishealthdoctors.com)
Date: February 20, 2014 06:48AM

So, would anyone with NESN be willingcheer to make a copy of the game for me?

Posted by: jeff '84 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: February 21, 2014 07:15PM

marty
jkahn

Also likely available for free on the Internet (unless NESN rights prohibit the freebie).

[quinnipiacbobcats.com]

Thanks - great quality.

Posted by: ugarte (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: February 21, 2014 09:05PM

jeff '84
marty
jkahn

[quinnipiacbobcats.com]

Thanks - great quality.
You aren't kidding. Amazing.

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.c3-0.smr-ubr2.sbo-smr.ma.static.cable.rcn.com)
Date: February 21, 2014 09:25PM

ugarte
jeff '84
marty
jkahn

[quinnipiacbobcats.com]

Thanks - great quality.
Video is nice. Well, except for the scoreboard being so low it obscures the play occasionally, the camera switching to the empty net during the middle of play (!!), the obnoxious Dunkin Donuts advertisement after Q pulls the goalie, again *during play* (!!). WTF is wrong with these people? (I can also do without the play-by-play guy sounding like a cheap copy of Vin Scully.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2014 09:25PM by Kyle Rose.

Posted by: dag14 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 21, 2014 09:33PM

And the replays of all of Q's good plays and their goal but no replays of the Cornell goals, scoring opportunities, etc. Really?

Posted by: Dutchman (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: February 21, 2014 09:35PM

Thank you Cornell, for your great win against QU. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU !!!2500 FANS at UNION screamed and cheered when the score went up.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2014 10:12PM by Dutchman.

Date: February 21, 2014 09:36PM

Kyle Rose
ugarte
jeff '84
marty
jkahn

[quinnipiacbobcats.com]

Thanks - great quality.
Video is nice. Well, except for the scoreboard being so low it obscures the play occasionally, the camera switching to the empty net during the middle of play (!!), the obnoxious Dunkin Donuts advertisement after Q pulls the goalie, again *during play* (!!). WTF is wrong with these people? (I can also do without the play-by-play guy sounding like a cheap copy of Vin Scully.)
Yeah, there was some weird shit. The ads would stay over the game after the puck dropped, the "one minute remaining" dunkin' donuts ad was slapped over the whole screen while Q had the puck in the offensive zoneā€¦ some weird production choices to be sure. AND the oscillating graphics are wobbly, like they are being done with a handheld camera. Still, the game feed was really good.

Date: February 21, 2014 09:43PM

dag14
And the replays of all of Q's good plays and their goal but no replays of the Cornell goals, scoring opportunities, etc. Really?
Eh. It's a house organ. Let 'em be parochial.

More importantly, after a series of games where we couldn't find the net despite what sounded like plenty of opportunities, tonight we score 2 on only 14 shots. Always good to steal one.

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: February 21, 2014 09:53PM

Creating a new generation of technically savvy broadcast crews. Thank you, Ed McMahon, for underwriting. Right you are, Ed.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: February 21, 2014 10:05PM

Even though we know polls mean nothing, still that was only our sixth win over a top-5 ranked team in the last 15 years:

11/25/01 5 at BU
12/29/06 2 vs UNH
01/22/10 5 North Dakota
03/23/12 2 vs Michigan (NCAA 1R)
03/15/13 1 at Quinnipiac (ECAC QF)
02/21/14 5 at Quinnipiac

Posted by: gomestar (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: February 21, 2014 10:16PM

also, only our third win over a top-5 ranked team in less than 2 years, none of which were at Lynah.

Posted by: dbilmes (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: February 21, 2014 10:23PM

What a great win for us. After sitting through every minute of last year's playoff series at Q, it was sweet redemption to see us win there tonight.
Andy played great. For a while, it looked like he was going to have to make 60-plus saves, like he did the last time he was in this building. There were some strange things going on with the shot tally, though. At one point we had 13 SOG on the scoreboard. A minute later we had 11.
On the game-winning goal, Bardreau made a great steal at center ice, and then fed Ferlin perfectly to set up breakaway, which Ferlin finished, making him 2-for-2 on game-winning breakaways in Cornell games in CT this season! Ferlin had a great game overall, although it wasn't reflected on the scoresheet.
It was nice to see Hilbrich back in action after suffering a concussion last weekend. His parents were at the game, wearing their split Cornell/Quinnipiac jerseys. They were disappointed that his brother was a scratch for Q tonight.
Our penalty kill was solid most of the night, and even though Q outshot us by a wide margin, the game wasn't as one-sided, especially the first period.
I felt bad for the pep band, which was stuck next to the Q student section and their annoying thundersticks. Unfortunately, they were at the opposite side of the rink from the small blocks of Cornell fans.
I still hate going to games at Q, but seeing us finally win a game there again makes the traffic jams, ear-splitting PA system music, thundersticks, etc., all bearable.

Posted by: Robb (---.lsanca.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 21, 2014 11:57PM

ugarte
Always good to steal one.
The one comment I was thinking of posting - and now will post - is that while I am sure the Q fans went away thinking that Cornell stole one just based on the shot totals, I really didn't see it that way - I saw an outstanding team effort on our part where all the guys were putting it all on the ice every shift all night long. Q flipped a ton of shots on net, but there were very few heart-stopping moments for me. The times we turned the puck over, it seemed like there was always another Cornell player swarming to the play to clean up the mess - a really great team effort all around.

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: February 22, 2014 10:11AM

jeff '84
marty
jkahn

[quinnipiacbobcats.com]

Thanks - great quality.

The link is still good. Game replay is available as of this morning.

Qpac's first Friday loss since October 11.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2014 10:19AM by marty.

Posted by: RatushnyFan (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 22, 2014 07:06PM

President John Lahey can really ramble on.........guy is a talker.

Thundersticks really suck.

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: February 23, 2014 10:49AM

Robb
ugarte
Always good to steal one.
The one comment I was thinking of posting - and now will post - is that while I am sure the Q fans went away thinking that Cornell stole one just based on the shot totals, I really didn't see it that way - I saw an outstanding team effort on our part where all the guys were putting it all on the ice every shift all night long. Q flipped a ton of shots on net, but there were very few heart-stopping moments for me. The times we turned the puck over, it seemed like there was always another Cornell player swarming to the play to clean up the mess - a really great team effort all around.
Makes sense. Cornell's team effort against Princeton Saturday was apparent Saturday. Cornell put it together for one of the league's best and then worst teams. Let's hope we're peaking at the right time. And we get Dustin Mowery back.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login