Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

CU @ Yale 1/31/14

Posted by flyersgolf 
CU @ Yale 1/31/14
Posted by: flyersgolf (---.phlapa.fios.verizon.net)
Date: January 31, 2014 07:54PM

Last year it seemed the Yale announcers had never done a hockey game, a year later and no improvement. My wife was laughing so much, especially when there is screaming, at least she is entertained. They do not realize the are doing tv and tend to exaggerate and make stuff up.

The game. Both Yale goals in first period due to poor defensive play. Not physical enough on first goal, clearing out in front of net. Who had the turnover on the second goal? Bad mental mistake that lead to a turnover on a low percentage clearing pass. Schafer must be livid. Overall better start and energy.

Re: CU @ Yale 1/31/14
Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: January 31, 2014 08:03PM

flyersgolf
Last year it seemed the Yale announcers had never done a hockey game, a year later and no improvement. My wife was laughing so much, especially when there is screaming, at least she is entertained. They do not realize the are doing tv and tend to exaggerate and make stuff up.

I hate HATE HATE amateur/student live play-callers who think that play-callers are supposed to sound a certain way and strain themselves attempting to mimic that sound, while ignoring less important things like player names, penalty signals, rules...

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: upprdeck (---.syrcny.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 31, 2014 09:25PM

Ferlin with the game winner breakaway in ot with 15 secs to go.. yale has 2 goals called off and cornell missed tons of chances.

weird to hear announcers comment on how fast a team cornell is though.

big game tomorrow with Brown taking down colgate tonight.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2014 09:35PM by upprdeck.

Date: January 31, 2014 09:37PM

To see Ferlin skate away from the Yale defenders like that was simply awe inspiring. He had a gear I am not sure he even knew he had.

I know the Yale announcers are just kids and should be given a break, but man do they suck. I take it they have no one mentoring them. "Cornell fans are doing excessive cheering". I fully agree with Beeeej.

Date: January 31, 2014 09:47PM

that was the first time I think I have seen Ferlin show that kind of speed. perhaps it was an illusion caused by a slow defender? in any case nice to see our team skate by the D and turn it into a goal..

Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: January 31, 2014 09:54PM

For a brief and shining moment, Cornell has reached the 2-band in PWR at #8.

Posted by: rmandel (---.hsd1.ga.comcast.net)
Date: January 31, 2014 10:00PM

I swear I heard her say, "That could be the save of the night, maybe even the game."

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: January 31, 2014 10:02PM

Trotsky
For a brief and shining moment, Cornell has reached the 2-band in PWR at #8.
On CHN. USCHO has Cornell tied for #9 with Michigan winning the tie break.screwy

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: January 31, 2014 10:09PM

rmandel
I swear I heard her say, "That could be the save of the night, maybe even the game."

You did in fact hear her say that. I'm still cleaning up the stuff I threw at the TV screen.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Date: January 31, 2014 10:14PM

We also continue to open up the lead in the Ivy standings.

Posted by: andyw2100 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: January 31, 2014 10:32PM

Beeeej
rmandel

You did in fact hear her say that. I'm still cleaning up the stuff I threw at the TV screen.

They were saying lots of great stuff.

--Scrivens playing (currently) for the Kings
--Something about Cornell fans picking this weekend to follow the hockey team out of Ithaca (as if it doesn't happen every road weekend)
--The guy wondering about how Yale found the back of the net four times but only had two goals. I'll almost give him what would have been the third goal. The rule about the play being dead when the ref intends to whistle the play dead, etc., is something that a very casual observer of hockey might not understand, and that that could have been what happened on that play might certainly be beyond that guy's understanding. But the net being off the post seconds before the shot went in on what he is counting as the fourth one? That one's pretty easy to understand.
--The woman also made some comment about her "motherly instinct" kicking in and her being concerned about the well-being of the players when there are pile-ups. We looked her up. She's a junior. So while she certainly could be a mother, I'm guessing she isn't.

An excellent win, though, made listening to the announcers more than worth it!

Posted by: Jordan 04 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: January 31, 2014 10:48PM

Great win.

Announcers were fine.

Date: January 31, 2014 11:26PM

i dont think they really announced an explanation for the 3rd goal waived off. from the replay you would think the yale guy planted in the goal crease and laying on the goalie might explain it but also there is no way that most goal cameras would show much if thats the only view they used.

Posted by: Robb (---.lsanca.fios.verizon.net)
Date: January 31, 2014 11:59PM

I don't recall ever hearing an announcement of why any goal was waved off - the NFL is the only major sport I can think of where the ref makes an official announcement, and even that is often just, "upon further review, the call on the field is upheld/overturned."

My take, from watching on ILDN, is that you must be correct about Iles blocking the view of the goal cam the way he was falling forward. If the ref had just lost sight of the puck and blew it dead then there couldn't be a review (right?) - once he blows the play dead, it doesn't matter what happens on the continuation. There was a Yale player draped on Iles, but if that were the reason, it would have resulted in a Yale penalty for goalie interference. Since there was neither an early whistle nor a Yale penalty, I have to think that the refs thought that all the action was legit, they just didn't know if the puck actually crossed the line. We dodged a bullet that the goal cam didn't show what those of us watching online knew - that puck definitely crossed the line...

(the other non-goal was clearly not a goal - Yale shot it into the neck probably 2 full seconds after the net was off)

Posted by: BMac (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: February 01, 2014 12:03AM

Agree with analysis of the called-off goals.

I was listening to the game as I drove, stopped to watch the last 5 min and overtime. Which means the announcers changed from WHCU to the Yale crew. Oh. My. Goodness. That was painful.

"Maybe I'm biased but that's dirty hockey!" When their guy takes two full strides after the whistle to bump Iles, then gets predictably shoved.... Inside the net. Karma!

Good God that Ferlin goal was awesome!

Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: February 01, 2014 02:02AM

Robb

(the other non-goal was clearly not a goal - Yale shot it into the neck probably 2 full seconds after the net was off)

The fun part about being in the rink for that wasn't even when the entire Yale side of the crowd jumped up after the puck got shot in a clearly dislodged net, but when the rink started blaring the goal fog-horn effect. Multiple times.

And what is it with other ECAC rinks making sure they are able to give their DJ plenty of time to play Jock Jamz on the loudspeaker when you have two very capable bands in the building? Playing piped-in music gets nobody excited. I think once I saw the bulldog mascot dancing or something.

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (24.229.69.---)
Date: February 01, 2014 06:59AM

RichH
Robb

The fun part about being in the rink for that wasn't even when the entire Yale side of the crowd jumped up after the puck got shot in a clearly dislodged net, but when the rink started blaring the goal fog-horn effect. Multiple times.

And what is it with other ECAC rinks making sure they are able to give their DJ plenty of time to play Jock Jamz on the loudspeaker when you have two very capable bands in the building? Playing piped-in music gets nobody excited. I think once I saw the bulldog mascot dancing or something.

I heard the reason for the loud music at the breaks (at least in pro rinks) was to cover up profanity shouted from the crowd when there wasn't enough crowd noise during breaks. My guess is college rinks just adopted the approach because the pros do it.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 01, 2014 07:08AM

The Yale write-up on the no goal:

Yale's best chance was a flurry around the Cornell net that resulted in a pileup of players and a few Elis raising their arms because they felt the puck was over the goal line. The officials, who did not signal a goal, reviewed the play and did not change anything after.

Cornell's:

About a minute later, Yale managed to push the puck into the Cornell net, but the goal didn't count with the officials ruling the Bulldogs pushed Iles into goal along with the puck.

Posted by: Johnny 5 (---.syrcny.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 01, 2014 07:14AM

Robb
I don't recall ever hearing an announcement of why any goal was waved off - the NFL is the only major sport I can think of where the ref makes an official announcement, and even that is often just, "upon further review, the call on the field is upheld/overturned."

My take, from watching on ILDN, is that you must be correct about Iles blocking the view of the goal cam the way he was falling forward. If the ref had just lost sight of the puck and blew it dead then there couldn't be a review (right?) - once he blows the play dead, it doesn't matter what happens on the continuation. There was a Yale player draped on Iles, but if that were the reason, it would have resulted in a Yale penalty for goalie interference. Since there was neither an early whistle nor a Yale penalty, I have to think that the refs thought that all the action was legit, they just didn't know if the puck actually crossed the line. We dodged a bullet that the goal cam didn't show what those of us watching online knew - that puck definitely crossed the line...

It looked from here like the Yale played rode/pushed Andy (with the puck) over the line.
But, I might be somewhat biased? Somewhat.

Oh, and #17 scores the winner in OT with 17 seconds left on the clock!?
Karma Chameleon???

rock
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2014 07:25AM by Johnny 5.

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: February 01, 2014 07:22AM

RichH
Robb

Union has a particularly loud and obnoxious speaker system that is overused. It had some validity when there was no Union band. Even then it reminded me of the horrible noise at NBA games. To add auditory insult to timpanic injury Union upgraded their speaker system about a year ago.

Speaking of noise, did the jerks in the Clarkson (and St. Lawrence) band(s) bang on their drums during play at Lynah?
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2014 07:28AM by marty.

Date: February 01, 2014 08:19AM

I think the first Yale goal was called off because from the ref's perspective because the Yale player was in the crease before the puck was. He immediately waived the face off outside the zone. From the replay was that the correct call? Probably not as the Yale player was pushed into the crease by Cornell. But then the Yale player pushed Iles into the net. That is 2 minutes goaltender interference. Either way no goal.

Another call where the whistle was swallowed was in overtime when John McCarron was mugged in front of the goal and there was no call.

We have commented a number of time on here about the officiating. I believe that the level of play is pulling away from the ability of the officiating. From what I have heard the regulations, fees, classroom time, required referee on ice clinics, and background checks required for even starting your officiating career discourage many from even applying. Not to mention the money these guys must put out up front to gain these accreditations before ever officiating a game. Sound familiar? Officiating college hockey is not a career. I believe the requirements to becoming a ref are the number one reason former players are not more interested. In my opinion many refs just love the game, why else drive through the treacherous Northeast winters to a cold rink to be berated, it's not for the money. If they made it easier for former players to officiate the games would be better. Now if we could just get rid of the refs who believe it is thier job to affect the outcome of the game.
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2014 08:21AM by flyersgolf.

Date: February 01, 2014 10:02AM

flyersgolf
I think the first Yale goal was called off because from the ref's perspective because the Yale player was in the crease before the puck was.
That was my initial impression watching live. The whole thing "felt" like a crease violation.

Date: February 01, 2014 10:06AM

flyersgolf
I believe that the level of play is pulling away from the ability of the officiating. From what I have heard the regulations, fees, classroom time, required referee on ice clinics, and background checks required for even starting your officiating career discourage many from even applying. Not to mention the money these guys must put out up front to gain these accreditations before ever officiating a game. Sound familiar? Officiating college hockey is not a career. I believe the requirements to becoming a ref are the number one reason former players are not more interested. In my opinion many refs just love the game, why else drive through the treacherous Northeast winters to a cold rink to be berated, it's not for the money. If they made it easier for former players to officiate the games would be better.
This is an excellent point.

The other thing is that the ubiquity of replay has made it obvious when refs blow calls, and that means even when we are at the game and don't have replay we no longer give the ref any benefit of superior positioning. 25 years ago, if I saw what I thought was an obvious missed call I would be likely to think, "I'm 15 rows up while the ref is right on top of the play. It's likely I am mistaken because of my perspective." Now I think "the ref is in the scrum obscured by a half dozen 6 foot 3 bodies while I am up here above it all. It's likely he is mistaken because of his perspective." Now mix in the selective perception of being a fan and we are much more likely to find officiating faulty.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2014 10:08AM by Trotsky.

Date: February 01, 2014 10:17AM

Jeff Hopkins '82
I heard the reason for the loud music at the breaks (at least in pro rinks) was to cover up profanity shouted from the crowd when there wasn't enough crowd noise during breaks. My guess is college rinks just adopted the approach because the pros do it.
This and the private sector's relentless drive to turn the public into zombie consumer feed stock with Harrison Bergeron's attention span. Ya know, sniff, "freedom."

If they did this at Lynah I'd stop going. It's not atmosphere, it's assault.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2014 10:17AM by Trotsky.

Posted by: dbilmes (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: February 01, 2014 10:26AM

I was sitting on Yale side of rink, which featured numerous empty seats and many frustrated Yale fans who couldn't understand why more penalties weren't begin called on Cornell.
Yale players were more upset about first goal waved off than second. They also tried slipping fresh skaters onto the ice every time they iced the puck .
The game was more wide open then Cornell usually prefers , which had me worried. But we passed the puck well most of the night and kept up with Yale's skating most if the game. The Yale season ticket holder I was sitting with was impressed with our play.
The last minute of regulation was scary, as it felt like a Yale powerplay. In OT, we somehow failed to score on a 3 on 1 break with about 45 seconds left. Ferlin's goal was incredible, since when the puck came to him at center ice, it looked like the Yale defender was stride for stride with him, but Ferlin somehow kicked in another gear.
As for disallowed goals, we've been screwed on enough of these calls over the years (think back to quick whistle at MSG a few years ago) that we're owed a few breaks.

Posted by: redice (---.direcpc.com)
Date: February 01, 2014 11:16AM

Trotsky
Jeff Hopkins '82
This and the private sector's relentless drive to turn the public into zombie consumer feed stock with Harrison Bergeron's attention span. Ya know, sniff, "freedom."

If they did this at Lynah I'd stop going. It's not atmosphere, it's assault.

Agreed!! I wear earplugs to a lot of these other arenas with misplaced audio priorities. I don't care to hear that crap & I certainly don't care to hear it that loudly. That's where the earplugs come into play.

I just chalk that whole thing up to a younger generation that feels a need to inundate themselves with loud music that, due to deteriorated hearing, they will one day be unable to hear. Irony at its best.....

Posted by: profudge (---.dsl1.nrwc.ny.frontiernet.net)
Date: February 01, 2014 11:38AM

Agree! - that loud noise and obnoxious music over 'numbingly' loud speakers is why I refuse to attend Binghamton Senators games in general even though they are fun to watch much of the time.

Posted by: redice (---.direcpc.com)
Date: February 01, 2014 12:11PM

profudge
Agree! - that loud noise and obnoxious music over 'numbingly' loud speakers is why I refuse to attend Binghamton Senators games in general even though they are fun to watch much of the time.

Yep, that's one of the places I go with earplugs in place. You ought to try em. It makes an intolerable noise bearable. I think we can agree, the crap coming out of those speakers is just noise. And, don't get me started on that idiot PA announcer. I usually ask my wife: "I wonder if he talks that way at home. Can't you just hear him screaming at the dinner table: "PASS THE MASHED POTATOES!!"".

Thank God for Art Mintz!!! May he live & announce on into infinity!!

-Ned Harkness

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2014 12:12PM by redice.

Date: February 01, 2014 12:20PM

redice
I just chalk that whole thing up to a younger generation that feels a need to inundate themselves with loud music that
It's not The Kids Today. It's the vampire squid of capitalism, "wrapped around the face of humanity, relentlessly jamming its blood funnel into anything that smells like money."

The Kids Today listen to tepid, innocuous muzak so devoid of energy it wouldn't offend a little old lady from Pasadena.

Date: February 01, 2014 12:25PM

redice
profudge

Yep, that's one of the places I go with earplugs in place. You ought to try em. It makes an intolerable noise bearable. I think we can agree, the crap coming out of those speakers is just noise. And, don't get me started on that idiot PA announcer. I usually ask my wife: "I wonder if he talks that way at home. Can't you just hear him screaming at the dinner table: "PASS THE MASHED POTATOES!!"".

Hmm. I was looking forward to when the Phantoms move to Allentown next year. Maybe not so much now.

Posted by: Dafatone (---.midco.net)
Date: February 01, 2014 01:01PM

Trotsky
redice
I just chalk that whole thing up to a younger generation that feels a need to inundate themselves with loud music that
It's not The Kids Today. It's the vampire squid of capitalism, "wrapped around the face of humanity, relentlessly jamming its blood funnel into anything that smells like money."

The Kids Today listen to tepid, innocuous muzak so devoid of energy it wouldn't offend a little old lady from Pasadena.

My completely unfounded theory is that people change as a whole, not by generations. So anything that one might think of "kids today" actually applies to most adults, too.

Date: February 01, 2014 02:33PM

Trotsky
redice

Agree. "The Kids" aren't running the rink. The management of these rinks seem to want to entice non-student community to come to the game, and I'm guessing the pathway they see to do that is to offer a "pro-game atmosphere." Quinnipiac is first and foremost in doing so.

Re: CU @ Yale 1/31/14 0- video of Ferlin goal
Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: February 01, 2014 03:38PM

Be nice if Cornell or the Ivy network posted a clip of the goal. If you google "video ferlin goal vs yale" you get a bunch of hits ... for last november's game. Anyone see a video of the goal from the *at* Yale game?

Date: February 01, 2014 04:19PM

I've also had trouble finding it.

Eventually ILDN posts highlights for games... just not for a while.

Date: February 01, 2014 04:36PM

BMac
I've also had trouble finding it. Eventually ILDN posts highlights for games... just not for a while.
The purpose of sports information people and newspaper writers/editors is to serve up information you'd like to know in a timely fashion. Cornell has put up amazing-goal clips from previous games. I know the SID's office is not overstaffed. But still. By now the Ivy schools should have negotiated rights to rebroadcast highlight clips of away games shot at the other team's arena, so that can't be it, either.

Date: February 01, 2014 05:39PM

Here it is.

Posted by: TimV (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: February 01, 2014 05:40PM

The one that comes to my mind is the no-goal off an alleged high stick against UNH in the 2003 NCAAs.

Date: February 01, 2014 05:42PM

Labeled as "Private" - need a password.

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: February 01, 2014 05:44PM

Jim just has to switch it to public.popcorn

Date: February 01, 2014 05:45PM

marty

Try it again, sorry. Is it OK?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2014 05:46PM by Jim Hyla.

Date: February 01, 2014 05:53PM

Jim Hyla
marty

Try it again, sorry. Is it OK?

Worked for me.

Date: February 01, 2014 05:56PM

Surprised the Yale announcers didn't want a drug test then and there, on the ice. That was some passing gear.

Date: February 01, 2014 06:10PM

As long as I'm editing, here's the disputed goal, public I hope.:-D

Posted by: ajh258 (64.212.61.---)
Date: February 01, 2014 06:21PM

Jim Hyla

Putting what officials saw/didn't see during the review aside, does that count as a goal when you push the goaltender in with the puck?

Date: February 01, 2014 06:25PM

ajh258
Jim Hyla

Putting what officials saw/didn't see during the review aside, does that count as a goal when you push the goaltender in with the puck?

I posted this earlier, from CU's write-up of the game.

About a minute later, Yale managed to push the puck into the Cornell net, but the goal didn't count with the officials ruling the Bulldogs pushed Iles into goal along with the puck.

So, I'd guess the answer is no.

Date: February 01, 2014 06:28PM

Rule 73 - Interference on the Goalkeeper

73.1 Interference on the Goalkeeper - A player of the attacking team may stand on the goal crease line or in the goal crease, or skate through the goal crease, unless, in the opinion of the official, the player is physically or visually preventing the goalkeeper from defending the goal.

PENALTY—If a goal is scored, it shall be disallowed. Faceoff at the
nearest neutral zone faceoff spot.

A player of the attacking team may stand or stay in the crease when the
puck is in the crease or when the player has possession of the puck.
If a player of the attacking team has been physically interfered with by
the action of any defending player so as to cause the player to be in the goal crease, and the puck enters the net while the player so interfered with is still within the goal crease, the goal shall be allowed.

The privileged area (defined in Rule 1.6) includes the goal crease. The
goalkeeper may not be body checked in this area (Rule 43). Incidental
contact, at the discretion of the referee, may be permitted while the
goalkeeper is in the act of playing the puck outside the goal crease.
The goalkeeper is allowed to freeze the puck in this area to prevent a goal.

Date: February 01, 2014 07:01PM

Jim Hyla
Is it OK?

Whoa...It's MUCH better than OK. It's wonderful!

Posted by: ajh258 (64.212.61.---)
Date: February 01, 2014 07:50PM

BMac
Rule 73 - Interference on the Goalkeeper

73.1 Interference on the Goalkeeper - A player of the attacking team may stand on the goal crease line or in the goal crease, or skate through the goal crease, unless, in the opinion of the official, the player is physically or visually preventing the goalkeeper from defending the goal.

The privileged area (defined in Rule 1.6) includes the goal crease. The goalkeeper may not be body checked in this area (Rule 43).

This would make the case for waving off the goal...

BMac
If a player of the attacking team has been physically interfered with by the action of any defending player so as to cause the player to be in the goal crease, and the puck enters the net while the player so interfered with is still within the goal crease, the goal shall be allowed.

Incidental contact, at the discretion of the referee, may be permitted while the goalkeeper is in the act of playing the puck outside the goal crease.

...and this says it should be allowed?

Which one was it last night?

Posted by: ugarte (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: February 01, 2014 08:41PM

Jim Hyla
Thank you for including the ref waving off the goal and Yale's grumpy "COME ON" reaction.

Date: February 03, 2014 12:23AM

My one main comment from the Yale game is that I'll be very happy when Kenny Agostino is gone after this year. At least 3 times during OT, the puck wound up slipping right to him at the blue line with some room & speed to threaten a breakaway. Plus I feel like that guy was triple-shifting, as he was always on the ice during OT. Call it Allain-style play, or good ol' fashioned cherry-picking, but Cornell was able to barely contain that each time. The final instance being a nice heads-up play by Iles with under 1:00 left to get to the boards and shuffle the puck BACK behind the net. Most of the time, I get hesitant with Andy's "activeness," but that was the right decision this particular time. (That sequence can be seen on the highlight video posted on the ECAC Hockey website.)

Agostino is one guy I respect & secretly wish was on my team.

Ferlin was about 4-steps behind the lone defender when he received that puck, and he found that extra gear and busted it right up the gut. That was a very entertaining game by both teams, and euphoric finish. Seeing the shock ripple through the stunned Yale side of the stands may have healed a few of the many wounds from recent years.

Date: February 03, 2014 09:41AM

RichH
My one main comment from the Yale game is that I'll be very happy when Kenny Agostino is gone after this year. At least 3 times during OT, the puck wound up slipping right to him at the blue line with some room & speed to threaten a breakaway. Plus I feel like that guy was triple-shifting, as he was always on the ice during OT. Call it Allain-style play, or good ol' fashioned cherry-picking, but Cornell was able to barely contain that each time. The final instance being a nice heads-up play by Iles with under 1:00 left to get to the boards and shuffle the puck BACK behind the net. Most of the time, I get hesitant with Andy's "activeness," but that was the right decision this particular time. (That sequence can be seen on the highlight video posted on the ECAC Hockey website.)

Agostino is one guy I respect & secretly wish was on my team.

Ferlin was about 4-steps behind the lone defender when he received that puck, and he found that extra gear and busted it right up the gut. That was a very entertaining game by both teams, and euphoric finish. Seeing the shock ripple through the stunned Yale side of the stands may have healed a few of the many wounds from recent years.
This is what sport is all about and why being there is best on days like this: "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!" - Conan the Barbarian

Date: February 03, 2014 02:41PM

One of the great Conan quotes. Do you remember the Prayer to Krom?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login