Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

St. Lawrence @ CU 1/24/14

Posted by flyersgolf 
St. Lawrence @ CU 1/24/14
Posted by: flyersgolf (---.phlapa.fios.verizon.net)
Date: January 24, 2014 07:56PM

Late arriving crowd. As mentioned before plenty of empty seats. Iles save percentage will not be very good this evening.

Re: St. Lawrence @ CU 1/24/14
Posted by: BMac (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: January 24, 2014 09:23PM

Fucking Nieuwendyk

Posted by: Jordan 04 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: January 24, 2014 09:23PM

So a goal on a delayed penalty no longer wipes out the penalty.

In keeping with that spirit, why doesn't a team get a PP after a penalty shot?

Posted by: scoop85 (---.hvc.res.rr.com)
Date: January 24, 2014 09:33PM

Jordan 04
So a goal on a delayed penalty no longer wipes out the penalty.

In keeping with that spirit, why doesn't a team get a PP after a penalty shot?

I really felt Bardreau was going to finally end that streak.

Entertaining game, but another tie that goes in the "disappointing" category

Posted by: Dafatone (---.midco.net)
Date: January 24, 2014 09:48PM

Shame about the penalty shot and the tie. Is this two straight games in which we didn't have or had issues with a handshake?

Speaking of which, it didn't dawn on me until just now that Bardreau was out there. Good to see.

Posted by: TimV (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: January 24, 2014 10:46PM

This was pretty minor. The handshake line was pretty friendly for about 90 per cent of the line with many players patting each other on the back, and it was almost over before there was some kind of ruckus at the end of the line. You know, those bad kids that always sit in the back of the classroom? It was a distant shot on ILDN so I couldn't tell who was involved.

Posted by: CowbellGuy (Moderator)
Date: January 24, 2014 11:50PM

video: [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: carpy85 (66.152.117.---)
Date: January 24, 2014 11:55PM

I have to admit that I was disappointed in Iles tonight. He was not focused all night. I had seen him twice allow St.law score because he jumped way too quick. Ferlin and Hilbrich worked great togeather tonight and gave a few points on the board between the two.

Posted by: MattS (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: January 25, 2014 12:01AM

Once again CU inability to play with intensity for 60 minutes cost them a win.

I am sure Iles would want at least 1 of the first two goals back.

On the good side the team did not give up and continued to fight even after the two quick SLU goals which could have been back breakers.

On another note I was threatened with ejection tonight because I was yelling "Baker sucks!" after the scrum in OT when he was in the penalty box. Total BS!!!
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2014 12:03AM by MattS.

Posted by: Dafatone (---.midco.net)
Date: January 25, 2014 12:39AM

MattS

On the good side the team did not give up and continued to fight even after the two quick SLU goals which could have been back breakers.

On another note I was threatened with ejection tonight because I was yelling "Baker sucks!" after the scrum in OT when he was in the penalty box. Total BS!!!

Were you loud? About six years ago, a friend of mine got warned for being too loud with his very PG-13 shouts.

Posted by: andyw2100 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: January 25, 2014 12:43AM

MattS

Hey, I saw that from across the rink, and pointed it out to my wife. I didn't know what you had done, of course, and didn't know that you posted here. But I saw the usher woman pointing at you and seeming to want you to leave and you not leaving, which pleased me on principle. I was worried when I saw she had called for reinforcements, but pleased to see it was just another usher and that they basically chose to just look disgruntled, but not take further action. So if she actually had initially demanded that you leave since you managed to stay, I say, "well-done!"

Posted by: BearLover (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: January 25, 2014 01:02AM

MattS

This is ridiculous. What kind of kid doesn't know what "sucks" means? What kind of hockey rink doesn't allow people to yell that???

I learned the meaning of that word (generic derogatory expression) by going to hockey games/on the playground when I was 6.

The crowd control at Lynah has gotten utterly out of hand, surely having something to do with the shrinking attendance.

Date: January 25, 2014 01:08AM

I was simply, in as loud a voice as I could, yelling "Baker Sucks!!" over and over again. Nothing more.

I basically told the usher to go take a hike that I was doing nothing wrong. I was not using profanity or being disruptive or any other "offense" listed on the tickets. There was a couple of SLU fans (parents?) who my wife thinks took exception to my comments and complained.

I am planning on speaking to someone of authority about the incident as I believe I was not doing anything that deserved being threatened and I want an explanation. I am concerned as I have been planning on giving a very hard time to Neiley when Dartmouth visits.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2014 01:10AM by MattS.

Date: January 25, 2014 01:13AM

My video of Bardreau's penalty shot....

[youtu.be]

Posted by: Scersk '97 (173.84.184.---)
Date: January 25, 2014 06:57AM

Just don't lose, baby! (But win every so often.)

Posted by: sah67 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: January 25, 2014 07:46AM

MattS
I was simply, in as loud a voice as I could, yelling "Baker Sucks!!" over and over again. Nothing more.

I basically told the usher to go take a hike that I was doing nothing wrong. I was not using profanity or being disruptive or any other "offense" listed on the tickets. There was a couple of SLU fans (parents?) who my wife thinks took exception to my comments and complained.

I am planning on speaking to someone of authority about the incident as I believe I was not doing anything that deserved being threatened and I want an explanation. I am concerned as I have been planning on giving a very hard time to Neiley when Dartmouth visits.

It was pretty ridiculous, especially given the loud "ASS-HOLE" chant coming from A&B after the handshake line dust-up. The ushers over there didn't seem to care about that at all. We're a few rows over from you in L, and when the usher threatened you with expulsion, we started loudly telling each other how we sucked: she didn't seem amused, but didn't threaten to toss us for inappropriate self-deprecation at least.

She's the same usher who had to deal with the drunk guy challenging Goulakos to a fight during the Colgate game, which lead to Goulakos squirting water at Section M. Maybe she just didn't want to see another interaction between townies and a penalized visiting player escalate, but we've never been accosted for yelling "_______ sucks" before, and the Goulakos situation was the only time I've ever seen it escalate beyond that. And that was mainly due to the drunk guy who wasn't even sitting in any of the surrounding sections.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2014 07:49AM by sah67.

Posted by: sah67 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: January 25, 2014 08:09AM

Also: any response to the atrocious officiating, particularly from the new guy, Suhovic? I think the only bright spot I can recall was when one of the Careys blatantly embellished to draw a boarding call and then tried to get right back out there for the ensuing PP. Suhovic spotted him and told him to get back on the bench. Then again, if that's the case, why didn't he penalize him for the embellishment in the first place instead of scolding him on the bench?

Speaking of the Carey brothers: boy, are they ever talented, but man oh man do they play dirty. I think the vast majority of the late hits, cheap shots, diving, and yapping came from those two. The most egregious example I can recall was one of them staying offsides (despite his whole bench and the linesman yelling at him to get on), so he could take a run at one of our guys. It was nice to see one of them get booted at the end, although I wish it had happened earlier.

Posted by: profudge (---.dsl1.nrwc.ny.frontiernet.net)
Date: January 25, 2014 09:07AM

I felt the game got way too chippy partially due to lack of calls on some of the off the puck slashes, hooks and plan instigating use of stick I was observing from SLU players - Mind you, we retaliated pretty strongly! One example I think was Lowery getting hit with a stick as he headed to the bench and turning and slashing across SLU players ankles (SLU player went down) and there was no call on either infraction (well away from the play and the puck). Before that off the puck, Cole B. got 'sticked' in crotch fairly hard and again no call.

Early in game we dominated (1st period) and we made two defensive mistakes and both cost us. First was a 3 on one clean break and good finish by SLU and then shortly there after we missed a defensive coverage when puck carrier curled around from boards to center ice between the circles while another SLU forward curled in opposite direction... both Cornell defending players took the man without the puck leaving the puck carrier wide open. This led to SLU second goal. I was encouraged by our effort to come back and get the third goal.

I felt that both the SLU keeper and Andy played good games ... I was impressed with Carey brothers foot speed and play together. SLU played very hard if nasty but I believe we matched them in those categories. I liked our hustle and most of the time our coverage of Carey's that kept them in check most of game - Although Greg was very effective playing point on power play.

I believe our power play will be more productive as season goes on.

LGR

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: January 25, 2014 01:18PM

Hard to fault Iles on either of the first two goals. The first was a tape-to-tape pass on a 3-on-1, and the second one he was screened. If anything, we did not do a good job of getting the screens out from in front of him. I noticed that several times during the game.

I have to admit with about 10 minutes left I found myself thinking, "We're going to give up a dumb penalty and let them tie it up." I didn't actually see the penalty, because I was sitting in K, but I know Schafer was livid with the call (and was still yelling at the ref even after the game ended).

The penalty shot was disappointing. Cole just came in and shot it right at the goalie. Somebody suggested that the goalie' coming so far out of the net and then backing up threw Cole a bit, but who really knows.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: January 26, 2014 06:30PM

sah67
Speaking of the Carey brothers: boy, are they ever talented, but man oh man do they play dirty.

I didn't see Greg playing dirty, and he's by far the better player. Matt, who is a solid player (and seemed like he was approaching about 40 TOI) is a nasty piece of work. I look forward to next year when his numbers go in the toilet without his linemate sibling. That cheap shit might fly when you have 1.5 PPG, but not when your numbers look like just another 3rd liner.

Posted by: upprdeck (---.syrcny.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 26, 2014 06:51PM

you dont usually get a board call when the hit takes place at the red line and the only reason the player even hits the boards is because he throws his hands out to make contact with the wall..

the scrum at the end was a bit wierd, first ferlin gets a slashing call when the STL player drops his stick and ferlin is trying to go around him with one hand to gain back the puck. then the major happens but no call takes place until after ferlin starts to retaliate, without that i dont know if any penalty is called on STL unless the ref outside the zone called it because the one 3ft way didnt call anything.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login