Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Brown

Posted by ugarte 
Brown
Posted by: ugarte (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: December 19, 2013 11:38PM

This is obviously way in advance, but I need some advice from you road warriors. I scheduled a trip to Providence so I can go to the Brown game. Is an advance sellout something I need to worry about or is walkup OK?

Re: Brown
Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: December 20, 2013 12:47AM

ugarte
This is obviously way in advance, but I need some advice from you road warriors. I scheduled a trip to Providence so I can go to the Brown game. Is an advance sellout something I need to worry about or is walkup OK?

Hang on. I'm going to need a couple of days to stop laughing.

I know, I know, you've never been there, I'm guessing. But Meehan is the one arena in the league I have never worried about tickets. Let's just say that the only way I can imagine anyone using the syllables "sell" and "out" in the same sentence in that building is something along the lines of "Get out, you want us to sell you this pizza we're giving away to Brown students to try to get them to come to a game?"

Yeah, walk-up is fine. If you want to order through CU just to be confident, go ahead, but there's always plenty of empty space to explore in the stands.

Posted by: cbuckser (---.dsl.dynamic.sonic.net)
Date: December 20, 2013 01:09AM

RichH
ugarte

Hang on. I'm going to need a couple of days to stop laughing.
Ugarte's comedy has hit a new level.

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: December 20, 2013 08:11AM

Deadpan suits you.

If every one of Brown's 6200 undergraduates attended the Cornell game, Meehan would be filled twice over. Half full is the more usual state of things. It used to be 2100 capacity and now it's about 3100. It was expanded perhaps in anticipation of the Yann Denis era. Last year Cornell drew 1,700 in Providence and amazingly (minorly) the game was over in 1:55. Cornell at Brown 2012-13 box score

Posted by: BMac (70.42.157.---)
Date: December 20, 2013 07:04PM

Yeah, ugarte, it's amazingly empty. I hope the band makes it this year! It's a fun time for us Boston people- only 30 min on the commuter rail to Providence.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2013 07:05PM by BMac.

Date: December 22, 2013 09:02PM

i feel no guilt and am glad i provided jollity.

that's kind of disappointing news, to be honest. i figured that maybe they sold out on local interest, parents bringing kids, that sort of thing.

Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: December 22, 2013 10:26PM

ugarte

that's kind of disappointing news, to be honest. i figured that maybe they sold out on local interest, parents bringing kids, that sort of thing.

Well, the kids are there. They run past the section where the band/fans are and scream "Cornell Sucks!" or some such and run away as if they did something mind-blowing.

Date: December 22, 2013 11:44PM

RichH
ugarte

Well, the kids are there. They run past the section where the band/fans are and scream "Cornell Sucks!" or some such and run away as if they did something mind-blowing.
It'd be a shame if they didn't. Like Princeton or something.

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: December 23, 2013 08:31AM

RichH
ugarte

Where are the ushers?

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.c3-0.smr-ubr2.sbo-smr.ma.static.cable.rcn.com)
Date: December 23, 2013 09:10AM

billhoward
RichH
ugarte

Where are the ushers?
Cornell cornered the market.

Posted by: TimV (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: December 23, 2013 09:47AM

The behavior police are popping up elsewhere. UNH having the same issues. Scroll down to the Chuck Murray post #614.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: December 23, 2013 10:00AM

RichH
ugarte

Obnoxious Little Kid rankings for ECAC barns:

1. Union (feral)
2. Brown (see RichH's note above)
3. Yale (feral and entitled, a bad combination)
4. St. Lawrence (early teens; also, sometimes drunk)

(full disclosure: I've never been to Quinnipiac so I cannot rank them)
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2013 10:01AM by Trotsky.

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.c3-0.smr-ubr2.sbo-smr.ma.static.cable.rcn.com)
Date: December 23, 2013 10:02AM

TimV
The behavior police are popping up elsewhere. UNH having the same issues.
Off-topic: you know I've been reading this forum too long when I actually read this as UHN, and then upon closer inspection saw that you spelled it the official way.

tl;dr: ELynah is rewiring my brain.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: December 23, 2013 10:09AM

Kyle Rose
tl;dr: ELynah is rewiring my brain.

When you look into the abyss...

Posted by: Robb (134.223.230.---)
Date: December 23, 2013 12:08PM

Quinnipiac's kids are not feral - they're well organized into packs (teams) under supervision of elders (coaches). They're too self absorbed making fart jokes with their buddies to bother screaming at the opposing fans.

(though, the game I saw there was Clarkson/Q, and the Clarkson fans weren't exactly antagonizing them - their pack mentality may come out when the Lynah Faithful come to town)

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: December 23, 2013 04:55PM

TimV
The behavior police are popping up elsewhere. UNH having the same issues. Scroll down to the Chuck Murray post #614.

Also most remember Michigan censoring their very vulgar version of you goon shouted at the opponent offender in the penalty box. Having dual citizenship I was embarrassed by just how foul they had run with their litany.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login