Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Where to get a jersey?

Posted by LGR14 
Where to get a jersey?
Posted by: LGR14 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: December 10, 2013 10:49PM

Hi all - I'm a 4 time section B ticket holder and as a memento before I graduate, I'd like to find a nice authentic white CU jersey. Does anyone have any advice on where the best place to get one might be? Thanks!

Re: Where to get a jersey?
Posted by: David Harding (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: December 10, 2013 11:14PM

LGR14
Hi all - I'm a 4 time section B ticket holder and as a memento before I graduate, I'd like to find a nice authentic white CU jersey. Does anyone have any advice on where the best place to get one might be? Thanks!
This is tells you where to get a game-worn one from last year, if there are any left [elf.elynah.com]
And, from a few years ago, [elf.elynah.com]

Date: December 11, 2013 03:07PM

Aside from game worn, what about retail? I'm familiar with all of this for pro jerseys, but not as sure about a good place for college jerseys.

Posted by: RichH (134.223.116.---)
Date: December 11, 2013 03:13PM

LGR14
Aside from game worn, what about retail? I'm familiar with all of this for pro jerseys, but not as sure about a good place for college jerseys.

[store.cornell.edu]
[shop.uscho.com]

You should check the campus store (if you're local) to examine the quality of the ones they have, but they are pretty decent if they haven't switched manufacturers. IMO, it looks to me that the second link has a style more similar (with the tall-ish lettering) to the current jerseys. K1 makes decent replicas as they were the company who did the licensed replicas for the 1980 USA team when "Miracle" was released.

Perfect Screen Printers (PSP) has sold replicas at their merchandise table at games in the Bartells hallway and should have some at their shop.
Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2013 03:22PM by RichH.

Posted by: dag14 (---.ag.cornell.edu)
Date: December 11, 2013 04:36PM

I bought a game-worn jersey this year as a Christmas present for someone. For $104 it was a great deal and it is even more special because of the authenticity. The small rips that have been repaired, the ECAC patch, the other signs that a lot of serious hockey was played in that sweater. The difference in quality between a "real" hockey sweater and a replica is significant so my advice would be to invest in a game-warn CU jersey. If they are sold out in Teagle, delay your gratification until they next go on sale. If you want a souvenir that truly reflects the experience, it is worth the delay.

Date: December 11, 2013 05:12PM

Thanks everyone for the help. Much appreciated.

Posted by: andyw2100 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: December 11, 2013 05:31PM

Anyone else bothered at all by the fact that the color is off on the new home jerseys? The players started wearing new jerseys one Saturday night a few weeks ago--perhaps against Yale--after wearing the old jerseys the night before. The red on these new jerseys is too orange. It's significantly different than what it had been, and significantly different from the red used for the letters, numbers, etc., which now don't match the color on the jersey itself.

Posted by: TimV (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: December 12, 2013 10:19PM

I am. It's especially different than the shade of the pants. It's even noticeable on webcasts. LGR- there should be PLENTY of these available next fall.

Posted by: LGR14 (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: December 16, 2013 06:17PM

Just picked up a beautiful Lowry jersey. Looks great

Posted by: dag14 (---.res.bhn.net)
Date: December 28, 2013 08:20PM

I was unable to be with my son and his wife for Christmas but we used technology to communicate. The grin on his face and the tears in his eyes when he described opening his game worn Cornell hockey sweater were priceless. He said he had been to the Cornell Store website and checked out replica jerseys since he needed a white hockey jersey for his adult hockey league. Didn't buy one, though. Thought to himself, "Oh look, Mom got me the jersey I was looking at." Then he picked it up out of the box and noted the weight, the black marks, and the smell. Even a clean game-worn sweater smells like a hockey locker room. He couldn't believe it when he saw that I even got his number. I hit it out of the ball park with this gift.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: December 28, 2013 09:48PM

dag14
I was unable to be with my son and his wife for Christmas but we used technology to communicate. The grin on his face and the tears in his eyes when he described opening his game worn Cornell hockey sweater were priceless. He said he had been to the Cornell Store website and checked out replica jerseys since he needed a white hockey jersey for his adult hockey league. Didn't buy one, though. Thought to himself, "Oh look, Mom got me the jersey I was looking at." Then he picked it up out of the box and noted the weight, the black marks, and the smell. Even a clean game-worn sweater smells like a hockey locker room. He couldn't believe it when he saw that I even got his number. I hit it out of the ball park with this gift.

Congrads

Posted by: CowbellGuy (Moderator)
Date: December 30, 2013 10:31PM

LGR14
Just picked up a beautiful Lowry jersey. Looks great

More likely a Joe Scali, but you'd probably have to be a jersey nerd to notice.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login