Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

St. Lawrence 11/16

Posted by Trotsky 
St. Lawrence 11/16
Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: November 16, 2013 06:08PM

Let's grill St. Lawrence tonight.

Re: St. Lawrence 11/16
Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: November 16, 2013 06:44PM

Hilbrich and de Swardt out; Buckles and Craig in. Kubiak moves to center the line with Lowry and J. McCarron.

Posted by: TimV (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: November 16, 2013 06:46PM

Where is the video? CU Athletics sends me to America One, who had the Clarkson game, but they don't list our game tonight.

Posted by: cbuckser (---.dsl.dynamic.sonic.net)
Date: November 16, 2013 06:47PM

TimV
Where is the video? CU Athletics sends me to America One, who had the Clarkson game, but they don't list our game tonight.

This is the link to the free Larrie-cast.

Posted by: TimV (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: November 16, 2013 06:48PM

tyvm

Posted by: jeff '84 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: November 16, 2013 07:24PM

TimV
tyvm

Tyvm x2

Posted by: cuhockey93 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 16, 2013 07:25PM

A rare fast start for the Red. If only Ferlin would give a more consistent effort. The guy is unbelievably talented which isn't exactly something you can say about many players on this team.

Posted by: Rita (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: November 16, 2013 08:26PM

jeff '84
TimV
tyvm

Tyvm x2
X 3 for me too :).

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: November 16, 2013 11:52PM

cbuckser
TimV

This is the link to the free Larrie-cast.

The video is now available to replay.

Posted by: Dafatone (---.midco.net)
Date: November 17, 2013 12:41PM

So, uh, is this the standard "people only post to complain when we lose" phenomenon?

Cause we beat a ranked team, on the road, by three goals. Let's be happy!

Posted by: Robb (---.lsanca.fios.verizon.net)
Date: November 17, 2013 01:23PM

I'm happy.

We've lost 3 ECAC games to the teams currently 1-3 in the league (by points), who have a combined 27-7-5 record. We've also twice come back from 2-goal deficits on the road including to one of those teams and to the consensus #1 preseason pick. While I would clearly love to BE one of those top 3 teams, we are definitely competitive in what looks to be a very tough league.

Posted by: upprdeck (---.syrcny.east.verizon.net)
Date: November 17, 2013 01:30PM

not having have Bardreau has changed the team. a late deflecting against clarkson from being .500 in the league with no offense and 4 of 6 on the road. hopefully he does come back

Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: November 17, 2013 01:33PM

And the biggest surprises of this team in the early goings has been 1) paucity of shots on goal and 2) PP effectiveness. After a 2x5 night, Cornell has the best PP % in the nation at 31.7%. I certainly don't expect that to be the case by the time the 2nd half rolls around, but whatever they're doing, it's working. It seems like they're breaking the staid, old umbrella strategy for at least some of the opportunities.

Hello, Brian Ferlin! Good to see you.

Without Bardreau, Mowrey & Lowry both shoulder a heavier load. Last night tells me they are capable.

Again, it's early yadda, but Cornell has six players scoring 1.00 pt/game or better (this includes Bardreau's 3 P in 2 GP). The captain is 8th in the nation.

23 GF, 13 PPG, 10 even-strength goals. Not a good sign.

Team offense is #30, Defense #25. There's the mediocrity we're all kvetching about.

PIM/G is 14.4, good for #22 in the nation. So far, that's an improvement.

PK is sitting at 30/37 for 81.1%, which is 34th nationally. This has been my benchmark stat for strong CU teams. This is bad.

Sounds like the team played more as a team last night. All I can do is hope that that team shows up more often.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: November 18, 2013 12:14PM

Dafatone
So, uh, is this the standard "people only post to complain when we lose" phenomenon?

Cause we beat a ranked team, on the road, by three goals. Let's be happy!
Naysayers might suggest that it might've been a different game if not for the fact that we scored on 3 of our first 5 shots (twice on the power play) against a goalie who was then pulled, an occurrence we can't generally rely on going forward on a game-by-game basis.

On the other hand, a basically even shots balance (outshot 24-20 is close enough) despite having to kill seven power plays on the road against a good team does bode well for the future.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: November 18, 2013 12:40PM

Wonder if the lineup changes we saw Saturday will be repeated? Craig was involved in several altercations. He and de Swardt seem like a push. Schafer implied in the pregame that Hilbrich was benched for "not showing up" Friday. I didn't notice much of Buckles (as opposed to other games). I'm not sure I heard Schafer correctly but if so then the Lowry center experiment has been deemed a failure.

It may go without saying given the scoresheet that Lowry, Mowrey and John McCarron were outstanding, but I'll say it anyway. And what about Ferlin finding the net? Cool beans, Brian. But for a cymbal crash of a crossbar he'd have had our first hat trick in 34 months.
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2013 12:43PM by Trotsky.

Date: November 18, 2013 12:58PM

Trotsky
Wonder if the lineup changes we saw Saturday will be repeated? Craig was involved in several altercations. He and de Swardt seem like a push. Schafer implied in the pregame that Hilbrich was benched for "not showing up" Friday. I didn't notice much of Buckles (as opposed to other games). I'm not sure I heard Schafer correctly but if so then the Lowry center experiment has been deemed a failure.

It may go without saying given the scoresheet that Lowry, Mowrey and John McCarron were outstanding, but I'll say it anyway. And what about Ferlin finding the net? Cool beans, Brian. But for a cymbal crash of a crossbar he'd have had our first hat trick in 34 months.

I was surprised to see Hilbrich benched, but the only game I've seen so far besides Saturday night was the 2nd UNO game. I thought he looked impressive, but maybe he's just so noticeable since he's huge. Either way, sending a message apparently worked.

Posted by: MattS (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: November 18, 2013 01:06PM

Dafatone
Trotsky

I was surprised to see Hilbrich benched, but the only game I've seen so far besides Saturday night was the 2nd UNO game. I thought he looked impressive, but maybe he's just so noticeable since he's huge. Either way, sending a message apparently worked.

Not commenting on if his benching was deserved or not but I've alwyas thought the Hilbrich was one of those players who played to about half his size. A big guy who never seems to use his size to the full advantage.

Date: November 18, 2013 01:10PM

MattS
Dafatone
Trotsky

Not commenting on if his benching was deserved or not but I've alwyas thought the Hilbrich was one of those players who played to about half his size. A big guy who never seems to use his size to the full advantage.

From the bits of him I've seen, he's good at taking up space and letting opponents bounce off him, but he uses his size more passively than actively. He's better than I expected with the puck. Not a bad guy to have and see how much further he can develop, but he doesn't play like he's huge.

Posted by: MattS (---.sub-174-236-231.myvzw.com)
Date: November 18, 2013 02:34PM

Dafatone
MattS
Dafatone
Trotsky

From the bits of him I've seen, he's good at taking up space and letting opponents bounce off him, but he uses his size more passively than actively. He's better than I expected with the puck. Not a bad guy to have and see how much further he can develop, but he doesn't play like he's huge.

That a very good way of summing it up.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login