Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Clarkson 11/15

Posted by Jim Hyla 
Clarkson 11/15
Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.arthritishealthdoctors.com)
Date: November 11, 2013 07:49PM

So I am starting this early because, as I posted on another thread, the Pep Band won't be going to the North Country. It's not because of the final home football game, as they would be willing to go to Clarkson Friday night and come back right after the game. Rather they just don't have enough funds to make the trip. The bus costs about $1400, which they don't have. In fact they almost didn't go to the Capital District. I've spoken with some people and there is $500 in pledges raised so far. Obviously that's not enough to get them up there, but I thought I would post this and see if anybody has any suggestions.

The can't drive up there themselves, as it would be a university function and their insurance, etc. wouldn't cover it. So I guess, unless there is a couple of alumni band members who want to take it upon themselves, we are just going to have to listen to the Clarkson band.help

Re: Clarkson 11/15
Posted by: LaJollaRed (---.lightspeed.miamfl.sbcglobal.net)
Date: November 11, 2013 08:39PM

Is this a persistent problem with them lately?

Tell me where to throw my money!

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 11, 2013 08:47PM

LaJollaRed

I don't know that I can answer this,

but I can tell you to throw some to the pep band.

Posted by: David Harding (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: November 11, 2013 10:18PM

LaJollaRed

Here's the URL with instructions on donating: [pepband.bigredbands.org]

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: November 11, 2013 11:15PM

I find it more gratifying to give to the pep band or similar small campus entities than to make my relatively small donations to the general fund. Thanks for the heads up.

Posted by: Drew (---.bankofamerica.com)
Date: November 13, 2013 02:08PM

As Joe posted on the roundtable it may be trying to get a hotel room in the North Country,

7 Women's Volleyball teams
2 Men's hockey teams (CU and CU)
1 Providence Women's team
1 Southern NH playing SUNY-Canton
1 Elmira women playing Potsdam St.

Cheers,
Drew

Date: November 13, 2013 02:15PM

Drew
As Joe posted on the roundtable it may be trying to get a hotel room in the North Country,

7 Women's Volleyball teams
2 Men's hockey teams (CU and CU)
1 Providence Women's team
1 Southern NH playing SUNY-Canton
1 Elmira women playing Potsdam St.

Cheers,
Drew

Don't need one, I'm coming home to my own bed.cheer

Date: November 13, 2013 04:15PM

Clarkson is CHN Team of the Week. If it does for them what it did for us, we might be okay this weekend.

Posted by: SLU65 (---.rochester.res.rr.com)
Date: November 14, 2013 03:37PM

For those of you traveling to the N.C. I offer this in the expectation that it will make your homeward journey from SLU
a little quicker:
Appleton Arena is on Miner Street which runs north-south
To avoid traffic, do not proceed north which takes you to Main St (Route 11), Canton.
Proceed south on Miner (a real country road) to the tee intersection and take a right (Eddy- Pyrites Road - even more
of a country road) which takes you to Route 11 well south of the village

Also, en route north on 81, exit at the new Fort Drum exit which speeds you eastward to Route 11

All told this might save you 20-30 minutes depending on Route 11 traffic in these two areas

Beware: the NC teams are back

Posted by: Trotsky (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: November 14, 2013 03:58PM

SLU65
Sure looks like it.

As daunting as that would be, I'm a little nostalgic for when this weekend was a terrifying prospect (this may just be the sepia tinting of age). Hopefully we can delay that one season longer at least.

Edit: the good news is the trip is so early that the weatherman thinks it will remain above freezing (albeit just barely) the whole time.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2013 04:00PM by Trotsky.

Posted by: ajh258 (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: November 14, 2013 09:56PM

SLU65
For those of you traveling to the N.C. I offer this in the expectation that it will make your homeward journey from SLU
a little quicker:
Appleton Arena is on Miner Street which runs north-south
To avoid traffic, do not proceed north which takes you to Main St (Route 11), Canton.
Proceed south on Miner (a real country road) to the tee intersection and take a right (Eddy- Pyrites Road - even more
of a country road) which takes you to Route 11 well south of the village

Also, en route north on 81, exit at the new Fort Drum exit which speeds you eastward to Route 11

All told this might save you 20-30 minutes depending on Route 11 traffic in these two areas

If only someone told me this the first time I drove to Appleton...

Anyways, I recommend Eben's Hearth for breakfast if anyone's there. Loved the pancakes if you're into that kind of thing.

Also, avoid the Pizza...

Posted by: css228 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 15, 2013 11:33AM

So expectations for the weekend? I say something along these lines

Date: November 15, 2013 11:40AM

BTW, I expect 2 points, but there's no funny video of that.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2013 11:41AM by Trotsky.

Posted by: gomestar (199.67.131.---)
Date: November 15, 2013 12:24PM

live stream of tonight's game:

[www.americaonesports.com]

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: November 15, 2013 03:11PM

I find this one somewhat amusing and chose it as it isn't R Rated.

Two Points

Date: November 15, 2013 03:32PM

BTW, the eLynah Chat was atypically quiet last weekend for a road trip. Hopefully more of you will forgo your lives and join us tonight.

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: November 15, 2013 03:52PM

Trotsky
BTW, the eLynah Chat was atypically quiet last weekend for a road trip. Hopefully more of you will forgo your lives and join us tonight.
Lives? Don't I wish. I'd happily chat but I'll be stuck at work and my employer doesn't approve of internet chatting.

Date: November 15, 2013 04:12PM

KeithK
Trotsky
Lives? Don't I wish. I'd happily chat but I'll be stuck at work and my employer doesn't approve of internet chatting.
Please remember always to be calling it "research."

Posted by: Cop at Lynah (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 15, 2013 06:58PM

Oh Oh....College Hockey News already has it listed as a 5-1 Clarkson victory

Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: November 15, 2013 07:06PM

Cop at Lynah
USCHO has us losing 4-1.

Hopefully their time travel is faulty.
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2013 07:07PM by Trotsky.

Posted by: cuhockey93 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 15, 2013 07:16PM

Cole Bardreau said he'll be back next year... I'm scared

Posted by: upprdeck (---.syrcny.east.verizon.net)
Date: November 15, 2013 08:08PM

next year as in jan or next year as in nov

Posted by: cuhockey93 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 15, 2013 08:22PM

Not sure it was a text. I brought it up again, and he acted as if he said something he shouldn't have said.

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.c3-0.smr-ubr2.sbo-smr.ma.static.cable.rcn.com)
Date: November 15, 2013 09:18PM

I don't think there's any question which was the better team tonight: Cornell's biggest problem was that they made mistake after mistake deep in their own end, leading to turnovers and scoring opportunities for Clarkson. From where I sat in section TV, Clarkson would have won this game decisively had they been better able to capitalize on those mistakes, because there were plenty of them.

I see a lot of hustle on the part of individual Cornell players, but actual teamwork and cohesiveness seem rare enough that they're noticeable when they happen.

Posted by: gomestar (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: November 15, 2013 09:24PM

for a few minutes at least, I thought that the $8 I paid for this game feed might be worth it.

Posted by: ScrewBU (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: November 16, 2013 12:47AM

Kyle Rose
I don't think there's any question which was the better team tonight: Cornell's biggest problem was that they made mistake after mistake deep in their own end, leading to turnovers and scoring opportunities for Clarkson. From where I sat in section TV, Clarkson would have won this game decisively had they been better able to capitalize on those mistakes, because there were plenty of them.

I see a lot of hustle on the part of individual Cornell players, but actual teamwork and cohesiveness seem rare enough that they're noticeable when they happen.

If only there were some sort of person who could mentor the players, help them to play better with each other, foster a sense of teamwork. "Coach them", if you will. Sadly, no such person exists on the Cornell bench, and the players fruitlessly continue to try and figure it out on their own.

Posted by: Towerroad (---.bstnma.fios.verizon.net)
Date: November 16, 2013 08:22AM

ScrewBU
Kyle Rose

If only there were some sort of person who could mentor the players, help them to play better with each other, foster a sense of teamwork. "Coach them", if you will. Sadly, no such person exists on the Cornell bench, and the players fruitlessly continue to try and figure it out on their own.
Thats just crazy talk, might as well be the Easter Bunny

Posted by: CowbellGuy (Moderator)
Date: November 16, 2013 05:54PM

Cop at Lynah
Clarkson graciously sent the box from their last women's game with last night's game ID. The CHN app's scripts kept pulling this score from the CHN db and I had to keep resetting it from my phone during a concert. It was not ideal. At any rate, I've added yet another sanity check to the CHN app scripts to prevent this particular brand of brain-dead from interfering again. There are now more than I can count. At any rate, apologies.

Date: November 18, 2013 05:59PM

Via ECAC site, a nice story in the Watertown Daily Times. And no, I wasn't watching hockey then.

Posted by: cbuckser (---.dsl.dynamic.sonic.net)
Date: November 18, 2013 08:57PM

Jim Hyla
Via ECAC site, a nice story in the Watertown Daily Times. And no, I wasn't watching hockey then.

Thank you for sharing the article, Jim. But why weren't you watching hockey when you were a young boy?

Date: November 19, 2013 07:20AM

cbuckser
Jim Hyla

Thank you for sharing the article, Jim. But why weren't you watching hockey when you were a young boy?

No internet.:-D

Posted by: Robb (---.lsanca.fios.verizon.net)
Date: November 19, 2013 09:07AM

Jim Hyla
cbuckser
Jim Hyla

No internet.:-D
I'd have gone with "because the games were on RedCast."

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login