Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

11/8 RPI

Posted by sandrese 
11/8 RPI
Posted by: sandrese (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: November 08, 2013 06:54PM

From your dear friends at RPITV:

Stream: RPI vs. Cornell

Chat: RPITV Chat

Re: 11/8 RPI
Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.c3-0.smr-ubr2.sbo-smr.ma.static.cable.rcn.com)
Date: November 08, 2013 07:23PM

So is it Joe King Ryan or Jackman Ryan?

Posted by: flyersgolf (---.phlapa.fios.verizon.net)
Date: November 08, 2013 07:37PM

RPITV is still much better than anything that comes out of Lynah and it is student run and free. Looks great on the big screen. As I say every year. Thanks RPITV.

Date: November 08, 2013 07:55PM

flyersgolf
RPITV is still much better than anything that comes out of Lynah and it is student run and free. Looks great on the big screen. As I say every year. Thanks RPITV.
You will not get an argument from me. But that doesn't mean I won't make fun of their funny pronunciations. :-)

Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: November 08, 2013 08:25PM

Kyle Rose
So is it Joe King Ryan or Jackman Ryan?
So all those years they meant "Joakim Carasco"?

Posted by: ugarte (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: November 08, 2013 09:06PM

I can't believe I forgot about RPITV and missed the chance to see the last two minutes of regulation. At least I can watch OT.

Date: November 08, 2013 09:15PM

Well... that turnover at 1:09ish left in by Wilcox was insane. I was sure that was going to cost us the game. Still, great 2 goal EA comeback and happy to escape with the tie.

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: November 08, 2013 09:40PM

This was the second straight home game that RIP has lost 3-3. On the 29th they were up 3-0 before that team that sucks scored three straight.

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 at Houston Fieldhouse (Attendance: 2,765)

Scoring Shots on Goal Penalties Power Plays
Harvard 0 1 2 0 = 3 5 10 15 1 = 31 4-8 0-4
Rensselaer 3 0 0 0 = 3 6 11 8 0 = 25 4-8 1-4

Read more: [www.uscho.com]

Posted by: BMac (---.c3-0.43d-ubr1.qens-43d.ny.cable.rcn.com)
Date: November 08, 2013 09:43PM

Sad I missed it... Can anyone describe the last two minutes? Both EAGs?

Date: November 08, 2013 10:06PM

BMac
Sad I missed it... Can anyone describe the last two minutes? Both EAGs?
Both EAG, the second a 6x4. Can't tell you more because, see above.

Posted by: carpy85 (---.mycingular.net)
Date: November 08, 2013 10:07PM

To put it simply; a penalty was drawn at Ryan's second goal with about two minutes to go in the game. The game was then 2-3 RPI. From that penalty Iles got pulled making it a 6 on 4 game where Mowery scored the tying goal.

Date: November 08, 2013 10:22PM

You should be able to see it soon on the RPI TV archive.

Posted by: Rita (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: November 08, 2013 11:32PM

marty

How soon do they archive the games? I'm roaming around the rpi tv site and it doesn't look like the video has been archived/accessible yet. Glad to see we go a point.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 08, 2013 11:52PM

All I can say is that I'm glad coach didn't take some suggestions about Ryan.:-}

Date: November 09, 2013 06:59AM

Rita
marty

How soon do they archive the games? I'm roaming around the rpi tv site and it doesn't look like the video has been archived/accessible yet. Glad to see we go a point.

When you look at their site you can see their prior games listed if you chose hockey. Last year it took a few days before the games showed up.
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2013 09:55AM by marty.

Date: November 09, 2013 09:41AM

carpy85
To put it simply; a penalty was drawn at Ryan's second goal with about two minutes to go in the game.
Not just any penalty either, but a charge on Haggarty who might be Hobey Baker material. That guy is a scoring threat even when he's flossing.

RPI is much improved. That is going to look like a huge stolen point in February.

Posted by: TimV (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: November 09, 2013 09:59AM

I thought I saw a lot more creativity with the puck in the first period, and our first power play (although it didn't score) didn't look like our usual umbrella. Red legs looked heavy in second and most of third periods.

I agree with Greg's assessment- RPI is a much improved team, and fun to watch. The Haggerty kid is great. LaLiberte got a lot of hype as a recruit but doesn't impress.

And RPI fans are biggest whiners in the ECAC over both calls that ARE made and calls that aren't. Section 7 sucks.

Date: November 09, 2013 10:07AM

TimV
I thought I saw a lot more creativity with the puck in the first period
Agreed. I only watched the first period, and was impressed by Cornell's puck movement and how precise a lot of the passes were, as if the players intended to advance the puck through the neutral zone. Imagine that. :-)

Posted by: sah67 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 09, 2013 11:20AM

10 minutes of highlights are on ECACHockey.com:
[ecachockey.com]

Date: November 09, 2013 12:15PM

For some reason last night DeSwardt and Lowry were wearing what looked like very old jerseys with no nameplates. Anybody know why?

Posted by: dag14 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 09, 2013 12:44PM

Their jerseys didn't make it on the bus for some reason and really nice fans offered their game-worn souveniers so the guys could play? Or RPI did the sportsman like thing an dug some out of their very old jersey collection?

Date: November 09, 2013 01:00PM

TimV
For some reason last night DeSwardt and Lowry were wearing what looked like very old jerseys with no nameplates. Anybody know why?

Practice jerseys till the real ones came from Ithaca? They had their game jerseys in the third period.

Date: November 09, 2013 01:07PM

TimV

And RPI fans are biggest whiners in the ECAC over both calls that ARE made and calls that aren't. Section 7 sucks.

My newest cheer for section 7:

You're not a referee, you're a linesman
You're not a linesman, you're an assistant coach
You're not a coach, you're a cheerleader
You're not a cheerleader
YOU JUST SUCK!

Replacing last year's:

TOO MANY REFEREES IN SECTION 7!
(The latter I used last night to shut up the idiot that sits in front of me.)

Videos from last night
Date: November 09, 2013 01:10PM

Ryan's first period goal

Four of the six goals

Slow motion version of the last four goals.

I tricked my TW DVR into showing slow motion without their obnoxious banner.
check out the perfect screen on Mowrey's goal.
Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2013 01:49PM by marty.

Date: November 09, 2013 01:48PM

marty
Rita
marty

When you look at their site you can see their prior games listed if you chose hockey. Last year it took a few days before the games showed up.

Speaking as an RPITV alum, expect it to be a few days, maybe mid-week, since we've got a triple-header this weekend (Fri hockey, Sat football, Sat hockey). That said, not a student or in Troy anymore so don't take my word for it.

Date: November 09, 2013 04:37PM

TimV
RPI's fans are in general, quite good, but there were a couple morons on the RPI chat last night who needed a LOT of cheese to go with their whine.

90% of the time, complaints about officiating tell more about the complainers than the officials.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2013 04:38PM by Trotsky.

Date: November 09, 2013 06:54PM

In case the Cornell crowd is interested in seeing what happens in the RPITV control room, a behind the scenes look at what the director sees is part of our feed tonight vs. Colgate:

RPI vs. Colgate (with Director's Feed)

Date: November 09, 2013 07:06PM

sandrese
In case the Cornell crowd is interested in seeing what happens in the RPITV control room, a behind the scenes look at what the director sees is part of our feed tonight vs. Colgate:

RPI vs. Colgate (with Director's Feed)
Doubt you'll get many takers since it is opposite the Cornell hockey broadcast, however, you guys do an amazing job over at WRPI. Really puts Cornell to shame, unfortunately. :(

Date: November 09, 2013 11:26PM

sandrese
marty
Rita
marty

Speaking as an RPITV alum, expect it to be a few days, maybe mid-week, since we've got a triple-header this weekend (Fri hockey, Sat football, Sat hockey). That said, not a student or in Troy anymore so don't take my word for it.

They've got it up.

Posted by: ursusminor (---.washdc.east.verizon.net)
Date: November 10, 2013 01:23PM

Did anyone find out what the real story about why two Cornell players wore jerseys without numbers on the sleeves for two periods? BTW, I was under the impression that if numbers are not on the sleeves, they must be on the jersey front as well as back.

Posted by: David Harding (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: November 10, 2013 01:50PM

Either the Ithaca Journal writer and editor don't grasp the concept of an antecedent, or Andy has even more talents than have previously been displayed.
After winning the ensuing faceoff, Iles skated back to the Cornell bench, creating a 6-on-4 skating advantage, and Mowrey beat Engineers goalie Scott Diebold (20 saves) with a wrister from the slot.

Posted by: David Harding (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: November 10, 2013 02:04PM

ursusminor
Did anyone find out what the real story about why two Cornell players wore jerseys without numbers on the sleeves for two periods? BTW, I was under the impression that if numbers are not on the sleeves, they must be on the jersey front as well as back.

You are right about the number requirement:
NCAA Ice Hockey 2012-2013 and 2013-2014 Rules and Interpretations
Rule 9 - Uniforms
9.1 Jerseys - Each player and each goalkeeper listed in the lineup of each team
shall wear an individual identifying number at least 10 inches high on the
back of the jersey and at least 4 inches high on the front or on both sleeves.
The visiting team shall wear dark-colored jerseys and stockings; the home
team shall wear light-colored jerseys and stockings. All players of each
team shall dress uniformly in that day’s game jersey.

Date: November 10, 2013 05:23PM

ursusminor

Ralph, If you are talking about the same two players I mentioned in my Nov 9 afternoon post above, I thought there were numerals on the sleeves.

David Harding
You are right about the number requirement:
NCAA Ice Hockey 2012-2013 and 2013-2014 Rules and Interpretations
Rule 9 - Uniforms
9.1 Jerseys - Each player and each goalkeeper listed in the lineup of each team
shall wear an individual identifying number at least 10 inches high on the
back of the jersey and at least 4 inches high on the front or on both sleeves.
The visiting team shall wear dark-colored jerseys and stockings; the home
team shall wear light-colored jerseys and stockings. All players of each
team shall dress uniformly in that day’s game jersey.

With the understanding of the "Black Tuesday Exception" of course. I saw a couple of those jerseys at Friday night's game- they're actually not as awful looking as I thought - just very busy.

Date: November 10, 2013 08:24PM

TimV
ursusminor

Ralph, If you are talking about the same two players I mentioned in my Nov 9 afternoon post above, I thought there were numerals on the sleeves.

I don't think they were numbered on the sleeves. As I posted before, we guessed they were practice jerseys, and someone drove the correct ones up by the third period. A better idea?

Date: November 10, 2013 08:36PM

No, no better idea- but Marty and I watched thee warmups together and noticed the lack of nameplates and the obvious worn look. I'll have to look at the WRPI archive and see what they actually looked like in periods 1 and 2.

Posted by: ursusminor (---.washdc.east.verizon.net)
Date: November 11, 2013 02:27AM

Jim Hyla
TimV
ursusminor

I don't think they were numbered on the sleeves. As I posted before, we guessed they were practice jerseys, and someone drove the correct ones up by the third period. A better idea?

I agree that is the most likely situation.

TimV
With the understanding of the "Black Tuesday Exception" of course. I saw a couple of those jerseys at Friday night's game- they're actually not as awful looking as I thought - just very busy.
I am pretty sure that RPI always gets agreement from the other team for its specially Black or Red home uniforms.

I assume that the reason for requiring numbers on the sleeves or front in addition to the back and the stated minimum size of the numbers is for identification. Although the rule doesn't say anything about the numbers on the back having to be in a color contrasting with the jersey itself, it should, and that would make those Black Tuesday jerseys illegal.

I was at both RPI games over the weekend and saw at least a half dozen different people wearing those jerseys. I had the same opinion as you; they weren't that bad, only busy.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login