Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

11/2 Quinnipiac

Posted by Trotsky 
Page: Previous1 2 
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: 11/2 Quinnipiac
Posted by: Swampy (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: November 07, 2013 12:29AM

BearLover
Townie
Jim Hyla
Maybe if we had more of this we'd have more cheering?
That's a bingo. An obvious example: men's basketball attendance barely reached 1,000 before its 3-year Ivy dominance that filled Newman with "Newman Nation" t-shirts and heavy frat participation. Steve Donohue's miraculous success building a WINNING team filled the other 3,500 seats. Not surprisingly, attendance is now significantly down.

Many things noted here might contribute to waning enthusiasm and lower student attendance but remain peripheral to the core issue. In my experience, the majority of students are not die-hards. They attend athletic events to celebrate victory, not to demonstrate support for their struggling school-mates.

Just my $.02
Disagree. Most students have no idea how well the hockey team is doing. They use the games as a social event and an excuse to get drunk. I think everyone who really cares is already standing in Section B; it is the sorority girls and the facetimers are gone. I echo the posters who have said it has been a long, steady deterioration. I wrote Noel/Schafer an email; I encourage everyone else to do the same. I don't have an easy solution, but something needs to be done. I think it starts by decreasing ticket prices and making more sections GA.

We can't let Lynah die.

Why do they need an excuse to get drunk? drunk

Posted by: David Harding (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: November 07, 2013 12:43AM

RichH
Except the Cubs. They'll fill Wrigley for another 100 years, regardless of how bad they are.
Not even the Cubs are immune to falling interest total incompetence. [espn.go.com]

Posted by: kicksave (---.syrcny.east.verizon.net)
Date: November 07, 2013 10:07AM

Atmosphere aside, we missed Cole Bardreau on the PP and offense in general.

Posted by: Swampy (131.128.163.---)
Date: November 07, 2013 09:07PM

kicksave
Atmosphere aside, we missed Cole Bardreau on the PP and offense in general.

Absolutely. He brings more to the team than most other players.

+1

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: November 08, 2013 08:42AM

RichH
scoop85
I guess the "going to class" part of college didn't work for him.
Since when did Quinnipiac start holding classes?
Cornell claims to be the place where you can find instruction in any study. But can you take pole dancing as a for credit course? And that just points out an advantage schools like that have over Ivy Tower Cornell: better career preparation.

Posted by: marty (---.albyny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: November 08, 2013 09:33AM

billhoward
RichH
scoop85
Cornell claims to be the place where you can find instruction in any study. But can you take pole dancing as a for credit course? And that just points out an advantage schools like that have over Ivy Tower Cornell: better career preparation.

Since early this year I have been more worried about learning to execute on the ice than on the pole.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: November 08, 2013 09:59AM

billhoward
Cornell claims to be the place where you can find instruction in any study. But can you take pole dancing as a for credit course?
Ezra didn't say anything about course credit. I am certain that someone on the Cornell campus can offer instruction in anything; you only need to find them.

Posted by: Townie (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 08, 2013 10:35AM

Trotsky
billhoward
Cornell claims to be the place where you can find instruction in any study. But can you take pole dancing as a for credit course?
Ezra didn't say anything about course credit. I am certain that someone on the Cornell campus can offer instruction in anything; you only need to find them.

Maybe a fee course in Phys Ed...

Posted by: Jerseygirl (---.adsl.snet.net)
Date: November 08, 2013 11:47AM

marty
billhoward
RichH
scoop85

Since early this year I have been more worried about learning to execute on the ice than on the pole.

Pole dancing is great for strengthening one's core. Maybe Coach Howley can get on that, although I doubt there are many college-age male contact sport athletes secure enough with their masculinity and willing to eschew traditional gender constructs in order to don the patent-leather boots essential to keeping beginners from sliding off the pole when learning to do hands-free inversions.

Posted by: Roy 82 (128.18.14.---)
Date: November 08, 2013 02:00PM

Jerseygirl
marty
billhoward
RichH
scoop85

Pole dancing is great for strengthening one's core. Maybe Coach Howley can get on that, although I doubt there are many college-age male contact sport athletes secure enough with their masculinity and willing to eschew traditional gender constructs in order to don the patent-leather boots essential to keeping beginners from sliding off the pole when learning to do hands-free inversions.

I'll second that. I actually took a pole dancing class with my labmates as a work activity (along with aerial dance). It was extremely physically demanding. I was temped to put on the stilleto heel thigh-length boots but I resited.

Some of the pole dance routines you can find on video online (the athletic ones) are nothing short of amazing.

Posted by: Give My Regards (---.atc-nycorp.com)
Date: November 08, 2013 05:23PM

Roy 82

I'll second that. I actually took a pole dancing class with my labmates as a work activity (along with aerial dance). It was extremely physically demanding. I was temped to put on the stilleto heel thigh-length boots but I resited.

Some of the pole dance routines you can find on video online (the athletic ones) are nothing short of amazing.

OK, somebody look up the record for "thread drift". I think we've rocketed right past it.

Posted by: Roy 82 (128.18.14.---)
Date: November 08, 2013 06:40PM

Give My Regards
Roy 82

OK, somebody look up the record for "thread drift". I think we've rocketed right past it.

Au contraire! We have merely come full circle.

When you hear "Quinnipiac" don't you immediately think of poles?:-D

Page: Previous1 2 
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login