Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Game worn jerseys available

Posted by TheMatrix 
Game worn jerseys available
Posted by: TheMatrix (---.mse.cornell.edu)
Date: October 30, 2013 03:43PM

Figured I would give a heads up, as I received this email from Bill Reynolds today:

To Whom It May Concern:

The jerseys are now available from last year. The cost is $100.00.
White #'s available 3,4,5,8,9,10,12, 15, 18, 19,20, 23,24,28,29
You get them from me in person at the Teagle Hall issue room or we can send it to you by mail. Cash or Checks made out to Cornell University.
Include your phone number. Let me know as soon as possible if you are still interested and what number you would be interested in.

Thanks,
Bill
607-255-1318

I edited it since the Ferlin, Bardreau, Iles, and McCarron jerseys are taken as of this afternoon.
On an interesting side note I've never seen brought up on here, I asked about the old players' nameplates (instead of getting one custom made). The issue room staff thinks they just store them around somewhere and would look for them. I am hoping to pick up the red Miller nameplate to go with the jersey I got last year. I'll update this thread if that comes through since others might be interested.

Re: Game worn jerseys available
Posted by: gomestar (192.193.171.---)
Date: October 30, 2013 03:46PM

i scored the Bardreau jersey. very happy.

Posted by: Townie (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 06, 2013 09:39AM

TheMatrix
Figured I would give a heads up, as I received this email from Bill Reynolds today:

To Whom It May Concern:

The jerseys are now available from last year. The cost is $100.00.
White #'s available 3,4,5,8,9,10,12, 15, 18, 19,20, 23,24,28,29
You get them from me in person at the Teagle Hall issue room or we can send it to you by mail. Cash or Checks made out to Cornell University.
Include your phone number. Let me know as soon as possible if you are still interested and what number you would be interested in.

Thanks,
Bill
607-255-1318

I edited it since the Ferlin, Bardreau, Iles, and McCarron jerseys are taken as of this afternoon.
On an interesting side note I've never seen brought up on here, I asked about the old players' nameplates (instead of getting one custom made). The issue room staff thinks they just store them around somewhere and would look for them. I am hoping to pick up the red Miller nameplate to go with the jersey I got last year. I'll update this thread if that comes through since others might be interested.

I believe PSP printing can make the nameplates. There was a time when CU would not supply them.

Posted by: CowbellGuy (Moderator)
Date: November 06, 2013 01:05PM

Yes, PSP can make them. The team typically reuses them until their senior year. The player gets one of the senior sweaters so, at best, you'll be lucky to find one nameplate still on a jersey for sale over the player's career, though I'm not sure those typically make it out either.

Posted by: andyw2100 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 06, 2013 01:26PM

CowbellGuy
Yes, PSP can make them. The team typically reuses them until their senior year. The player gets one of the senior sweaters so, at best, you'll be lucky to find one nameplate still on a jersey for sale over the player's career, though I'm not sure those typically make it out either.

There must be a lot of variability in this. Because the year after Topher Scott graduated, I snagged both his senior jerseys (home and away) for my daughter and (now ex-) wife, and both came with not only the nameplates still attached, but also the captain's "C"s and the ECAC patches. I had read here to expect all of those to be removed, so was pretty pleased to find all still attached.

Date: November 06, 2013 02:13PM

my Bardreau jersey just arrived today. No name plate, which I was expecting, but it has the ECAC patch.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: November 06, 2013 02:19PM

andyw2100
There must be a lot of variability in this. Because the year after Topher Scott graduated, I snagged both his senior jerseys (home and away) for my daughter and (now ex-) wife, and both came with not only the nameplates still attached, but also the captain's "C"s and the ECAC patches. I had read here to expect all of those to be removed, so was pretty pleased to find all still attached.

My Lopatka and Chartrand sweaters have everything attached, but I think that was before the new policy (which I do not understand the point of -- does it have to do with not making money off a specific amateur?) was put in place.

Date: November 06, 2013 02:22PM

was there some sort of NCAA rule regarding the name plates? I thought I read that some place, but couldn't recall where (probably here).

Posted by: cbuckser (---.dsl.dynamic.sonic.net)
Date: November 06, 2013 02:52PM

Trotsky
andyw2100

My Lopatka and Chartrand sweaters have everything attached, but I think that was before the new policy (which I do not understand the point of -- does it have to do with not making money off a specific amateur?) was put in place.
Didn't the team not get new sweaters each season when Geoff Lopatka and Brad Chartrand were undergraduates?

Posted by: Trotsky (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: November 06, 2013 04:00PM

cbuckser
Didn't the team not get new sweaters each season when Geoff Lopatka and Brad Chartrand were undergraduates?
No idea. I assumed they were probably jerseys they wore all four years. They sure look like they've been through more than one season...

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: November 06, 2013 04:58PM

gomestar
my Bardreau jersey just arrived today. No name plate, which I was expecting, but it has the ECAC patch.
Priceless.

Posted by: Townie (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 06, 2013 05:41PM

gomestar
was there some sort of NCAA rule regarding the name plates? I thought I read that some place, but couldn't recall where (probably here).

I remember hearing that too. When I bought my Hornby jersey in 2002 or 03, I remember asking Bill Reynolds why no name, and he mentioned the new no-name policy/rule had just been put in place.

Posted by: cbuckser (---.tmodns.net)
Date: November 06, 2013 05:57PM

Any sweater that started with a six-win season and ended with a league championship has been through more than young Cornell fans could ever imagine.

Posted by: CowbellGuy (Moderator)
Date: November 08, 2013 09:51AM

Trotsky
andyw2100

I think it has mostly to do with only needing to buy two nameplates over 4 years as opposed to 8.

Posted by: Dannecgf (---.entouch.net)
Date: February 12, 2014 09:58PM

I'm interested in a jersey if any are left. Please email me what is available and the best way to pay as I live in houston. My email is gkdannecker@yahoo.com. Thanks George

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login