Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Women 2013-14

Posted by Jim Hyla 
Women 2013-14
Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.arthritishealthdoctors.com)
Date: September 18, 2013 06:54AM

Preseason poll is on other thread, here's the preseason All-ECAC:

2013-2014 Preseason All-Conference Team -
G-Erica Howe, Clarkson
D-Erin Ambrose, Clarkson
D-Sarah Edney, Harvard
F-Jamie Lee Rattray, Clarkson
F-Kelly Babstock, Quinnipiac
F-Jillian Saulnier Cornell

Re: Women 2013-14
Date: October 07, 2013 05:25PM

Women's Hockey to Hold Annual Fundraiser for the United Way of Tompkins County. It's a 2PM game, maybe I can get a hockey doubleheader?(doubtful) The way the Clarkson women (and men) are starting, it might be a tough year for us.

USCHO 10/7 Poll posted. We're still 4.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2013 05:36PM by Jim Hyla.

Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: October 07, 2013 05:51PM

I noticed that 2x defending champion Minnesota visited Colgate this past weekend to start the season. One would think they might have rather visited Ithaca for more of a marquee matchup, if it weren't for the lame Ivy rules regarding season start times/game limits. The Lady Gophers are traveling East once more this season when they go to Yale.

Date: October 09, 2013 07:01AM

CornellBigRed report on the beginning of this season.

Date: October 14, 2013 07:37AM

Women's Hockey to Hold Annual Fundraiser for the United Way of Tompkins County with the Northeastern game this Sat. Make it a hockey doubleheader.

Posted by: Weder (---.mycingular.net)
Date: October 19, 2013 04:28PM

Pretty strong 6-2 win against Northeastern today. Cornell came out flying and weathered a bit of a lapse late first period/early second period.

I'm intrigued by the Campbell-Woods pairing on the PK and think it could work really well. (Did they do that last year? I can't remember.) Liked what I saw from Bunton and some of the other freshmen a lot.

Also, I forgot how cold Lynah is when it's not packed.

Posted by: dag14 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: October 20, 2013 04:15PM

Women shut out NE on Sunday 3-0. Slebodnick ties Mazz as all-time leader in wins.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2013 04:17PM by dag14.

Date: October 25, 2013 12:59PM

ECAC Radio features Iles and Saulnier.

Date: October 25, 2013 05:15PM

Women up on Clarkson 4-2 after two periods. Highlights so far: Clarkson with an "own goal" to open the scoring. Jillian Saulnier has balanced her 2? goals with a 5 min major during which Clarkson scored one. Continuing a pattern that started against Northeastern, we dominated play in the first and got sloppy for a lot of the second, although the penalty kill during the major was outstanding.

Date: October 25, 2013 06:00PM

Cornell 6-3, I only saw bits and pieces, but we looked better individually and Clarkson better as a team.

Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: October 25, 2013 06:15PM

Jim Hyla
Cornell 6-3, I only saw bits and pieces, but we looked better individually and Clarkson better as a team.

I only got to see the last 15 minutes, and we really did survive a great amount of Clarkson pressure and grade-A opportunities. Slobo earned the W (now CU's career Win leader), and we got a couple opportunistic goals near the end to seal it after Clarkson got into penalty trouble. Saulnier got her 100th career point on a great drop pass in transition to set up the 5th goal .

Big win against a team favored to win the league.

Posted by: Weder (50.94.125.---)
Date: October 25, 2013 06:26PM

RichH
Jim Hyla

I only got to see the last 15 minutes, and we really did survive a great amount of Clarkson pressure and grade-A opportunities. Slobo earned the W (now CU's career Win leader), and we got a couple opportunistic goals near the end to seal it after Clarkson got into penalty trouble. Saulnier got her 100th career point on a great drop pass in transition to set up the 5th goal .

Big win against a team favored to win the league.

Wonder how much of that can be attributed to this being Cornell's third game and Clarkson's eighth. Cornell is working in a lot of new players in new roles, so I think everything we've seen so far is very promising.

Posted by: imafrshmn (---.hsd1.mi.comcast.net)
Date: October 25, 2013 10:36PM

5th goal was a thing of beauty... Saulnier enters the zone 1 on 3, shields the puck, then drop passes to Campbell, who snapped off a laser

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: October 25, 2013 11:09PM

imafrshmn
5th goal was a thing of beauty... Saulnier enters the zone 1 on 3, shields the puck, then drop passes to Campbell, who snapped off a laser

Agree, I saw that one.

Posted by: ScrewBUHarvardtoo (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: October 26, 2013 02:06AM

Was at the whole game with the band. Besides a bit of sloppy play late in the second period and early in the third, you really cannot ask for a better game against a team of Clarkson's caliber, especially with the number of players we lost last year. That own goal to start the game was the funniest thing I have ever witnessed though. If that ever happened in a men's game the fans would never let the goalie ever live it down. Seriously those kind of own goals aren't even seen in pee-wees

Date: October 26, 2013 10:02AM

This is my first look at the new women's box score. Check it out, it's wonderful. Will the men do the same?

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: October 26, 2013 11:02AM

Jim Hyla
This is my first look at the new women's box score. Check it out, it's wonderful. Will the men do the same?

Not sure what the question is here but if you mean beat up on Clarkson we can hope. The number 12 ECAC preseason pick Knights are now 5-1-1.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: October 26, 2013 11:49AM

marty
Jim Hyla

Not sure what the question is here but if you mean beat up on Clarkson we can hope. The number 12 ECAC preseason pick Knights are now 5-1-1.
He means will we have great box scores (exhaustive, clean, useful) for the men, too. He's right -- that box score is excellent.

Date: October 26, 2013 12:21PM

Trotsky
marty
Jim Hyla

He means will we have great box scores (exhaustive, clean, useful) for the men, too. He's right -- that box score is excellent.

You got it!

Posted by: Weder (---.public.wayport.net)
Date: October 26, 2013 12:48PM

Jim Hyla
Trotsky
marty
Jim Hyla

You got it!

Are you supposed to credit assists on an own goal? I can't find anything that prohibits it in the NCAA scoring rules, but I thought that no assists were to be listed in that case.

Date: October 26, 2013 05:09PM

Women win 6-4

Posted by: David Harding (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: October 26, 2013 05:36PM

Jim Hyla
Trotsky
marty
Jim Hyla

You got it!
The format is a little different and it's a black, white, and grey PDF file instead of a web page, but the men's box score from last night seems to me to have pretty close to the same information content which I claim makes it useful.
[cornellbigred.com]

Date: October 26, 2013 06:15PM

David Harding
Jim Hyla
Trotsky
marty
Jim Hyla

You got it!
The format is a little different and it's a black, white, and grey PDF file instead of a web page, but the men's box score from last night seems to me to have pretty close to the same information content which I claim makes it useful.
[cornellbigred.com]

I wouldn't, and I didn't, claim that the usual box score isn't useful. The difference is that the women's page has beauty and ease of reading. The men's page is strictly utilitarian, the info is there but it doesn't capture your interest to stay and look, like the women's does. The new format looks more like a page that Jobs would design, as opposed to the Gates men's site. And you can't find a Play-by-Play on the men's.

Date: October 26, 2013 06:38PM

Jim Hyla
I wouldn't, and I didn't, claim that the usual box score isn't useful. The difference is that the women's page has beauty and ease of reading. The men's page is strictly utilitarian, the info is there but it doesn't capture your interest to stay and look, like the women's does. The new format looks more like a page that Jobs would design, as opposed to the Gates men's site. And you can't find a Play-by-Play on the men's.

Personally, I prefer this style. ;-)

Less is usually more. The women's box score linked above is very clean and manages to display a lot of information without feeling cluttered or moving the eye around too much. This guy would approve.

Posted by: ACM (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: October 26, 2013 07:23PM

Trotsky
Jim Hyla

Personally, I prefer this style. ;-)

Less is usually more. The women's box score linked above is very clean and manages to display a lot of information without feeling cluttered or moving the eye around too much. This guy would approve.

Box scores that don't include individual penalty information are useless.

Date: October 26, 2013 07:36PM

ACM
Yes, who can forget the PIM totals that determined the outcomes of our national championship games?

Posted by: ACM (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: October 26, 2013 07:41PM

Trotsky
ACM
Yes, who can forget the PIM totals that determined the outcomes of our national championship games?

Adequate for your purposes, perhaps. Not mine.

Date: October 26, 2013 07:44PM

ACM
Trotsky
ACM

Adequate for your purposes, perhaps. Not mine.
Ah, but your purposes also require the winning raffle number...

Posted by: imafrshmn (---.hsd1.mi.comcast.net)
Date: October 26, 2013 08:07PM

Will you geezers lay off each other? We've got a hockey game about to begin! ;)

Date: October 29, 2013 12:57PM

Emily Fulton is ECAC POTW.

Date: October 31, 2013 07:04AM

USCHO article titled Campbell and Fulton are becoming more recognizable at Cornell.

Date: November 01, 2013 07:37AM

Fulton is ECAC POTM.

Date: November 01, 2013 07:35PM

Women are hammering Princeton. 5-0 after 1 period. Not sure of the scoring since we got 3 in the last 2 minutes but Saulnier has at least one and Taylor Woods 2 goals.

Second period Princeton did the hammering...4 unanswered goals to make it 5-4 at the start of the 3rd. Don't ask me to explain how that happened because I am not sure I can.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2013 08:23PM by dag14.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: November 03, 2013 01:02PM

dag14
Women are hammering Princeton. 5-0 after 1 period. Not sure of the scoring since we got 3 in the last 2 minutes but Saulnier has at least one and Taylor Woods 2 goals.

Second period Princeton did the hammering...4 unanswered goals to make it 5-4 at the start of the 3rd. Don't ask me to explain how that happened because I am not sure I can.
In case anyone else was wondering how this cliffhanger turned out, the game ended 5-4. The women tied Quinnipiac 1-1 yesterday.

Date: November 13, 2013 07:25AM

The women pick up some ECAC awards.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login