Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Alumni in the Pros May 2013

Posted by Trotsky 
Alumni in the Pros May 2013
Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: May 03, 2013 07:46PM

Moulson scores the first playoff goal of his career.

Murray on the sheet too with a penalty.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2013 07:47PM by Trotsky.

Re: Alumni in the Pros May 2013
Posted by: Rita (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: May 03, 2013 07:49PM

Trotsky
Moulson scores the first playoff goal of his career.

Murray on the sheet too with a penalty.

I wish that nbc would have staggered the start times of the habs-sens and pens-islander games for the few of us who don't have picture-in-picture or other fancy tv capabilities.

Obligatory alumni comment.. Greening in the line-up and getting some time on the PP tonight.

Date: May 03, 2013 09:30PM

Moulson assist on the improbable go-ahead goal in the third.

Posted by: Jordan 04 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: May 05, 2013 12:23PM

Moulson! First period!

Date: May 05, 2013 01:11PM

Jordan 04
Moulson! First period!

However, the mantra "got to stay out of the $#^&@* box" is one the Islanders need to adopt. uhoh

Date: May 05, 2013 01:44PM

Bleh, Murray scores a goal.

Posted by: Dafatone (---.midco.net)
Date: May 05, 2013 02:58PM

Jordan 04
Bleh, Murray scores a goal.

Parade!

As a Pens fan who loves Moulson, I know how you feel.

Date: May 05, 2013 03:02PM

Murray nearly got the game-winner also, clanging one off the crossbar late in the 3rd. Who's the offensive d-man wearing his jersey today?

Date: May 05, 2013 03:07PM

Jordan 04
Murray nearly got the game-winner also, clanging one off the crossbar late in the 3rd. Who's the offensive d-man wearing his jersey today?

Pierogi Power?

Date: May 05, 2013 03:27PM

Ubertap power, perhaps.

Date: May 09, 2013 08:46PM

I'm watching the Sens-Habs game but during a commerical break tuned into Pens-Isles and heard Douglas Murray being compared to Brian Leetch. woot

Apparently Douglas has his 2nd goal of this playoff season! Pens up 3-0 at the end of 2.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: May 10, 2013 06:11AM

The national broadcasting team has adopted Murray as one of their annual "less prominent players to have a camera on and emit platitudes about" to demonstrate their in-depth knowledge of... production talking points or something. But though it's manure, it's still endearing to hear a Cornellian mentioned repeatedly, especially as the mentions of Moulson have declined as the series grinds towards inevitable doom.

Date: May 10, 2013 09:48AM

The CBC guys did give "he's a big boy" Colin Greening props on Alfredsson's PPG that made it 4-1 Ottawa. Colin did a great job screening Budaj.

Ottawa onto the 2nd round!!!! bananacheer bananacheer bananacheer

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.biz.rr.com)
Date: May 10, 2013 12:22PM

Rita
I'm watching the Sens-Habs game but during a commerical break tuned into Pens-Isles and heard Douglas Murray being compared to Brian Leetch. woot

Apparently Douglas has his 2nd goal of this playoff season! Pens up 3-0 at the end of 2.
Douglas Murray and Brian Leetch both have two legs, which often have hockey skates at the end of them. They both wear/wore single-digit numbers.

Umm, that's all I got.

Date: May 10, 2013 01:05PM

Josh '99
Rita

Douglas Murray and Brian Leetch both have two legs, which often have hockey skates at the end of them. They both wear/wore single-digit numbers.

Umm, that's all I got.
Neither won an NCAA title.

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: May 10, 2013 02:24PM

Trotsky
Josh '99
Rita

Umm, that's all I got.
Neither won an NCAA title.

They're both named after bloodsucking parasites, except for Murray. dribble

Posted by: CowbellGuy (Moderator)
Date: May 10, 2013 03:20PM

Jeff Hopkins '82

I once swam in a lake full of Brians. It was a very unpleasant experience.

Posted by: Rita (---.med.miami.edu)
Date: May 10, 2013 03:36PM

CowbellGuy
Jeff Hopkins '82

I once swam in a lake full of Brians. It was a very unpleasant experience.

I thought that only happened in Stephen King novellas. Gross.

Posted by: sah67 (---.mycingular.net)
Date: May 11, 2013 08:53PM

NHL.com article on Murray's unlikely offensive contributions:
[www.nhl.com]

Posted by: ugarte (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: May 14, 2013 11:11AM

Scrivens and O'Byrne eliminated in brutal fashion last night. A replay of the BU - Miami final.

Posted by: dbilmes (69.183.35.---)
Date: May 14, 2013 08:02PM

ugarte
Scrivens and O'Byrne eliminated in brutal fashion last night. A replay of the BU - Miami final.
Perhaps the Leafs would have done better with Scrivens in goal in the final period.

Posted by: jeff '84 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: May 14, 2013 08:07PM

dbilmes
ugarte
Perhaps the Leafs would have done better with Scrivens in goal in the final period.

As I was watching, "thank goodness it wasn't Scrivens" was going through my head.

Posted by: jeff '84 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: May 14, 2013 09:01PM

Greening tapped one past Vokoun for Ottawa's goal, trail 2-1 late second.

Date: May 15, 2013 11:37AM

jeff '84
dbilmes
ugarte

As I was watching, "thank goodness it wasn't Scrivens" was going through my head.
Listening to XM/Sirius Home Ice, which originates out of Toronto and is fairly Ontario-centric, I'm continually disheartened by how all the Very Serious Hosers take it for granted that Reimer is the goalie of the future and Ben is cute and all but at best Bunny Larocque.

Reimer didn't utterly blow Ben out of the water statistically. I do not know why he came in wearing the crown and seemingly can't lose it.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/2013 11:38AM by Trotsky.

Posted by: RichH (---.northropgrumman.com)
Date: May 15, 2013 12:07PM

Trotsky
jeff '84
dbilmes
ugarte

Listening to XM/Sirius Home Ice, which originates out of Toronto and is fairly Ontario-centric, I'm continually disheartened by how all the Very Serious Hosers take it for granted that Reimer is the goalie of the future and Ben is cute and all but at best Bunny Larocque.

Reimer didn't utterly blow Ben out of the water statistically. I do not know why he came in wearing the crown and seemingly can't lose it.

One thought that came across my head when I heard about the end of Game 7 is that the outcry may drive the Leafs to go aquire an All-Star goaltender solution NOW, pushing Reimer to the backup role, and Ben to the street.

Posted by: Rita (---.med.miami.edu)
Date: May 15, 2013 12:42PM

RichH
Trotsky
jeff '84
dbilmes
ugarte

One thought that came across my head when I heard about the end of Game 7 is that the outcry may drive the Leafs to go aquire an All-Star goaltender solution NOW, pushing Reimer to the backup role, and Ben to the street.

I too was wondering if Toronto has Luongo's number on speed dial. But really, you can't pin those goals on the goalie; there were 5 other guys in white sweaters on the ice too.

Date: May 15, 2013 01:35PM

Trotsky
jeff '84
dbilmes
ugarte

Reimer is younger than Scrivens by about a year and a half, and got his first NHL experience at 22 where Scrivens got his at 25. Plus he did outplay Scrivens this year by a margin that was non-negligble, if not huge. So, it seems reasonable for a fan without an emotional connection to either goalie to project Reimer as a better option going forward.

Also, while both have contracts until the end of next season, Reimer is a restricted free agent next summer while Scrivens is unrestricted, so if the Leafs go with Scrivens next year and he kicks ass, they have less ability to retain him.

That being said, if the Leafs do pursue a replacement starter and Scrivens gets the boot, his numbers this past season were good enough that I would guess he would find another NHL gig without too much trouble.

Posted by: RatushnyFan (---.northlandsecurities.com)
Date: May 15, 2013 04:24PM

Reimer looked exceptional in games 5 and 6. I thought he made some world class saves. Even with the game 7 debacle his save % was 0.923, same as Tuukka Rask's and overall a decent figure. I thought he was under a lot of pressure and made some great saves to help push a game 7 in a series they had no business winning.

Date: May 16, 2013 09:36AM

Josh '99
Reimer is younger than Scrivens by about a year and a half, and got his first NHL experience at 22 where Scrivens got his at 25. Plus he did outplay Scrivens this year by a margin that was non-negligble, if not huge. So, it seems reasonable for a fan without an emotional connection to either goalie to project Reimer as a better option going forward.

Also, while both have contracts until the end of next season, Reimer is a restricted free agent next summer while Scrivens is unrestricted, so if the Leafs go with Scrivens next year and he kicks ass, they have less ability to retain him.

That being said, if the Leafs do pursue a replacement starter and Scrivens gets the boot, his numbers this past season were good enough that I would guess he would find another NHL gig without too much trouble.
Thank you, this is good information.

The Isles aren't a bad match for Ben, but granted I am biased and want to see the entire franchise become a Cornell colony (rather than its current status as a Maine colony).

Posted by: The Rancor (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: May 16, 2013 10:26AM

Date: May 16, 2013 03:12PM

Trotsky
Josh '99

Thank you, this is good information.

The Isles aren't a bad match for Ben, but granted I am biased and want to see the entire franchise become a Cornell colony (rather than its current status as a Maine colony).
Cornellians on Long Island? The hell you say!

Posted by: profudge (---.hmpt.ny.frontiernet.net)
Date: May 17, 2013 08:45PM

Greening scores a goal in Second now 3-2 in Pittsburg's favor -

Posted by: Redscore (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: May 18, 2013 01:02PM

Greening had a great game. Really turned out to be a terrific NHL player.

Date: May 18, 2013 01:08PM

Redscore
Greening had a great game. Really turned out to be a terrific NHL player.

He got robbed of a 2nd goal on a great toe save by Voukon and wasn't even phased when hit by Murray.

Posted by: CowbellGuy (Moderator)
Date: May 18, 2013 03:19PM

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: May 19, 2013 11:39PM

Greening just scored the 2OT game-winner for the Sens on a rebound to make the series 2-1 Penguins. Gritty, hard work.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Date: May 19, 2013 11:48PM

Beeeej
Greening just scored the 2OT game-winner for the Sens on a rebound to make the series 2-1 Penguins. Gritty, hard work.

banana bananabanana **]**]**]**] cheercheercheer

It is his 3rd goal in this series.

Posted by: Ben (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: May 20, 2013 12:07AM

Beeeej
Matt Cooke loses, humanity wins.

Posted by: BMac (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: May 20, 2013 12:15AM

They sure like that horn!

[video.senators.nhl.com]

Posted by: ugarte (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: May 20, 2013 12:15AM

Beeeej
Show of hands if you were hoping to be the one to post this. (I knew I was too late.)

Posted by: Dafatone (64.134.176.---)
Date: May 20, 2013 09:03AM

Rita
Beeeej

It is his 3rd goal in this series.

Since I'm a pens fan and all (sorry, humanity and/or decency,) it's nice that most of the Sens goals are Greening.

Date: May 20, 2013 10:11AM

ugarte
Beeeej
Show of hands if you were hoping to be the one to post this. (I knew I was too late.)

cheer

Date: May 20, 2013 10:18AM

I thought he looked good all game. Great job of controlling rebounds and getting passes off to his teammates, including the point, for scoring chances. He's doing a great job.

Date: May 20, 2013 10:33AM

ugarte
Beeeej
I wanted to be the first to post this: Greening has pieces of fiberglass removed from his face

Date: May 20, 2013 10:37AM

RatushnyFan
I thought he looked good all game. Great job of controlling rebounds and getting passes off to his teammates, including the point, for scoring chances. He's doing a great job.

When he was coming off the ice after the OT gwg, I noticed that Colin had blood on face (I thought big senator goals involved losing a tooth) and we got Craig Anderson for a post-game interview. Turns out he got a rough facial courtesy of someone's stick and needed to visit the doctors before the media.

Posted by: George64 (---.rochester.res.rr.com)
Date: May 20, 2013 11:56AM

D'Agostino signs with Penguins.

Justin Krueger returns to SCB
Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: May 24, 2013 11:42AM

Justin Krueger kehrt zum SCB zurück

rough translation
SC Bern has signed defenseman Justin Krueger to a contract for the next two years.

The 26-year-old son of former Swiss National Team head coach Ralph Krueger played for SCB in the 2010-11 season. Justin Krueger dressed for all 61 games (1 G, 12 A) that season, and proved himself a very solid and hard-playing defenseman. The German-Canadian with Swiss license [If you've spent enough time in Switzerland, you don't count against a club's quota of foreign players, even if you're not a Swiss national--JTW] then returned to North America and joined the Carolina Hurricanes organization. The 6'3", 215 lb athlete didn't make it into the NHL, though, and gained two years of experience in the AHL, where he played a total of 132 games for the Charlotte Checkers. Recently Justin Krueger was part of the German national team in the World Championship.

I didn't realize the last part (although I should have); if so I would have watched the USA-Germany game on NBC Sports Network instead of DVRing and deleting it. (NBCSN showed all of the USA's pool games live, and all of the quarterfinals. Unfortunately, both the USA-Switzerland semi and the gold medal game were tape-delayed in favor of Indy 500 time trials. Insert gratuitous repetition of "is auto racing a sport" discussion and HOPP SCHWIIZ!! VIZEWELTMEISTER!! comment here.)

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Re: Justin Krueger returns to SCB
Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: May 24, 2013 11:54AM

BTW, judging from the facebook comments (assuming my recollection of bärndütsch is not too bad), Justin was not popular in his first stint with SCB. :-(

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Re: now just murray
Date: May 24, 2013 11:29PM

Colin Greening and the Senators were eliminated from the NHL playoffs tonight :`-(. Colin had an assist on the Sens "too little too late" 2nd goal.

It would be kind of ironic if the finals are the Pens v. Sharks.

Re: Justin Krueger returns to SCB
Posted by: David Harding (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: May 25, 2013 12:37AM

jtwcornell91
BTW, judging from the facebook comments (assuming my recollection of bärndütsch is not too bad), Justin was not popular in his first stint with SCB. :-(
Help me. What was the gist of the complaints? Did he displace a favorite? The usual fans thinking they deserved players who walk on (unfrozen) water?

Posted by: French Rage (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: May 26, 2013 03:08AM

Rita

I'm OK with that.

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Date: May 27, 2013 09:48AM

French Rage
Rita

I'm OK with that.
As long as it's Pens vs X, I have no complaints.

Posted by: Chris '03 (38.104.240.---)
Date: June 14, 2013 05:57PM

Lost to an elf.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login