Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Frozen Four 2013 Roll Call

Posted by Will 
Frozen Four 2013 Roll Call
Posted by: Will (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: April 05, 2013 01:48PM

So since I've been unable to sell my pair of Frozen Four tickets, I guess my wife and I are going to Pittsburgh after all! Who else among you will be there?

Re: Frozen Four 2013 Roll Call
Posted by: Rita (---.med.miami.edu)
Date: April 05, 2013 01:51PM

Will
So since I've been unable to sell my pair of Frozen Four tickets, I guess my wife and I are going to Pittsburgh after all! Who else among you will be there?

Kim and I will be there. Our seats are in section 205 (row G or H, iirc).

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: April 05, 2013 04:10PM

Will

Daina and I will be there.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: judy (---.hsd1.dc.comcast.net)
Date: April 05, 2013 04:45PM

Will

Hi!

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.arthritishealthdoctors.com)
Date: April 05, 2013 05:46PM

We're not sure yet. Depends upon my 94 yo mother-in-law who stays with us. As of right now it looks like a no go. I have a room at Pittsburgh Marriott City Center, which is right next to the Consol Energy Center. If anyone is interested, you can have it if we don't go. $179/night AAA rate.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: April 06, 2013 02:04PM

Yo.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: April 06, 2013 04:39PM

Jim Hyla
We're not sure yet. Depends upon my 94 yo mother-in-law who stays with us. As of right now it looks like a no go. I have a room at Pittsburgh Marriott City Center, which is right next to the Consol Energy Center. If anyone is interested, you can have it if we don't go. $179/night AAA rate.

Well we're a definite no go. SU called early this AM to tell our daughter, who was home, that they found her roommate dead. No info yet, but obviously we're staying home. She may live at home for the last 4 weeks of this term.

So our room is definitely open, our tickets may be as well, depending upon our friends in Pittsburgh.

It's amazing how the world keeps turning.

Posted by: Will (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: April 06, 2013 07:38PM

Holy crap, Jim, I'm so sorry. I hope your daughter will be okay.

Posted by: ugarte (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: April 07, 2013 09:54AM

Jim Hyla
Jim Hyla

Well we're a definite no go. SU called early this AM to tell our daughter, who was home, that they found her roommate dead. No info yet, but obviously we're staying home. She may live at home for the last 4 weeks of this term.

So our room is definitely open, our tickets may be as well, depending upon our friends in Pittsburgh.

I assume this is the story? Horrible. I spend every second as a parent trying to keep from remembering that this can happen.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: April 07, 2013 11:32AM

ugarte
Jim Hyla
Jim Hyla

I assume this is the story? Horrible. I spend every second as a parent trying to keep from remembering that this can happen.

Yup, that's it. Took Steph and a few of her dorm friends out to dinner yesterday, For this, it's nice that she's so close to home. Every time I think of how difficult it is, I think about what it must be like flying in from Taiwan. Absolutely terrible.

Posted by: RichH (---.northropgrumman.com)
Date: April 08, 2013 11:13AM

Bleep Blorp.

Posted by: jkahn (---.73.146.216.biz.sta.networkgci.net)
Date: April 09, 2013 04:07PM

Marea and I are in 220 row F. Picked up 2 tickets via USCHO the morning after we went up 1 game vs. Q'piac when I saw center ice tickets being sold by the same guy from whom I had bought for DC '2009. That was before the glut of tickets, including some from elynah sellers, hit the market.
We're staying at the Marriott by the rink.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.arthritishealthdoctors.com)
Date: April 09, 2013 04:48PM

jkahn
Marea and I are in 220 row F. Picked up 2 tickets via USCHO the morning after we went up 1 game vs. Q'piac when I saw center ice tickets being sold by the same guy from whom I had bought for DC '2009. That was before the glut of tickets, including some from elynah sellers, hit the market.
We're staying at the Marriott by the rink.

I'm going to cancel my room at the same Marriott tomorrow. So if anyone is interested in it call me 315-446-8550 and leave a message, the old fashioned way.demented

Posted by: jkahn (12.161.217.---)
Date: April 12, 2013 02:58PM

For those in Pittswburgh who don't have baseball tickets yet for tonight's game - try Stubhub as there are plenty of under cost tickets there. Just picked up 2 in 114 row AA for $13 each.
Also, if you like some food with a little spice, we had a great lunch today at Kaya (Carribean food) at 20th and Smallman.

Re: Frozen Four 2013 Roll Call - how crowded
Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: April 12, 2013 03:36PM

The rink shots, especially game 2 Thursday, showed thousands of empty seats. How did it look to those attending?

Posted by: RichH (66.230.74.---)
Date: April 12, 2013 05:34PM

billhoward
The rink shots, especially game 2 Thursday, showed thousands of empty seats. How did it look to those attending?

What I'm calling the "corporate seats" or the "sponsor seats" in the lower bowl on the red line and the blue lines were much less than 50% full. The school tickets for each of the schools took up 2 sections in each of the corners, and were generally full. Although Yale probably didn't have as many, there was still a solid block of blue. Including the camera magnets of the four Y-A-L-E guys who were chest-painters and on the jumbotron during every break.

The upper deck, while not exactly packed, was much fuller than any of the non-school sections in the lower bowl. I have a Frozen Four priority of 9, and still wasn't able to sniff any tickets in the lower bowl. But let's keep giving "Corporate Champions" the prime lower bowl seats, even though nobody shows up.

By the time 11pm neared, and Quinnipiac still held a 4-1 lead, the already thinning crowd really made a rush to the exits. It's a long day to be in an arena from 4-ish to past 11pm.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: April 12, 2013 10:07PM

RichH
Including the camera magnets of the four Y-A-L-E guys who were chest-painters and on the jumbotron during every break.
If only they had spelled our Ylae it would have been a great inside joke.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login